Ch. 26

Just Keep Swimming

          Nicole woke up only a couple hours after they fell asleep. She sat up and noticed Chanyeol in a rather uncomfortable position. She lazaily took off her blanket and put it around his chest, tucking him in. She put her pillow between his bent head and shoulder for extra support. She nodded in approval, him obviously looking more relaxed. She stretched a bit, rubbed her eyes, and her TV. She found that the TV had one of her favorite shows on it: Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She spend about five minutes trying to decide what episode to watch out of the seven seasons. After those five minutes, she decided on the musical episode from the sixth season. She put in her headphones and the episode, making sure to get into a more relaxed position. 

          From the first word of the first song, she was mouthing along, careful not to actually sing as not to disturb anyone, namely Chanyeol. Despite it being dark outside, most of the people on the flight were still awake and on their electronic devices, watching their TV, or quietly chatting. For a few minutes, Nicole got stuck in her thoughts, thinking about how everyone on the plane has their own story and own reason for being on this particular flight.

         "People might get freaked out if you stare at them. Trust me." She snapped out of her daze to Chanyeol hazily looking at her.

         "People might get freaked out if you scare them by not letting them know you're awake." She retorted. He yawned deeply and started to move around, grabbing the pillow she placed and putting it on his lap.

         "Did you tuck me in?" She looked at him and nodded.

         "You seemed uncomfortable and this is your vacation, you don't have to fly and sleep uncomfortably."

         He just nodded and shuffled his pillow and blanket a bit.

         "You need to get back to sleep. This is your week to catch up on all the sleep you've missed as an idol, plus some." She told him.

         "Nah, I'm okay. I want to crash when we get to the Maldives and fall asleep to the smell of ocean and not the smell of cold air from an air conditioner in a tiny space. Besides, your show looks fun." He saw the dramatic scene of a character jumping on a casket and turning into a vampire.

         "We can play that game we played earlier where you try to understand what'd going on."

         "I would rather sleep than embarrass myself like that again."

______

          They fell in and out of sleep over the next few hours. They would jerk awake during a particularly loud part in the show (that they still had playing) or if there was a bit of turbulance on the plane. They got several caffeinated drinks to try to stay awake, but those only minorly helped. They would ocassionally play little games to keep them awake, but would hesitate because they didn't want to disturb anyone who was asleep. When they felt they couldn't stay awake easily, they opted to just give in to the sleep for a bit. 

          Not long after they fell asleep, they were jolted awake by the announcement that they would be landing soon.

         "It's like destiny telling us to wait until we're in our nice soft bed surrounded by nature." Chanyeol said, making himself wake up.

         "Or it's destiny being a giant a-hole." Nicole grumbled as she sat up. Chanyeol just chuckled and smoothed out her hair, getting rid of any bedhead she had, making her smile in return.

 

 

---------------------------

Oh, hey guys. Long time no see. Sorry for the whole...not-posting-for-five-months thing. I just recently finished up my freshman year of college and that just took a lot of my attention away from writing and caused serious writers block. I also had a ton of family issues that I'm still dealing with so that's occupied my mind as well. However, I reread this story recently and felt motivation to post again. I hope I can update it again but I can't make any guarantees as to when that'll be. However, I do want to thank any loyal readers who were actually excited for this update and will support the story no matter how big of gaps they are. I hope this update was to your liking and I hope you all have a wonderful day :)