To See You Happy

☆ⓟⓐⓟⓔⓡ ⓟⓛⓐⓝⓔⓢ☆

Looking at her, it must be fate.

Being beside her makes me feel complete.

Just the slight touch made me shiver.

Meeting her. That was destiny.

I smiled as thoughts flooded my mind and it was all about her. The love of my life, the reason why I lived. Her.

I remember the time we first met, that time that was so unforgettable. It was a monday morning and I was in a rush. I even made a wrong turn that time. Frustrated that I woke up late. Cursing myself, I bumped into you and scattered all our things. Since I was in a hurry I picked both of our stuff and handed you yours.

I apologized a million times while walking away.

It was funny, actually. She was actually the boss of the job I was applying for. She smiled at me once our eyes met. I smiled back politely and apologized properly this time. The job interview became a casual talk and well, she accepted me to the job.

Working in my new office was never difficult. Everyone was friends with everyone, it was good to be true. But I was happy. She helped me whenever I had problems and gave me helpful advice regarding work and personal life. I considered her someone special. I thought it was odd whenever I act weirdly in front of her and feel new things I've never felt before.

When I confronted one of my friends, they said it was... Love.

At first I didn't believe them, but the more I spend time with you, the more those feelings grew. As I lay at my bed after work. I looked up the ceiling and said to myself. "I am in love with you."

I never felt so happy in my life.

As time passed by we got closer and I noticed your gestures were different. You were gentle and you always had a smile in your face. You were shining and always in a good mood.

And it wasn't because of me.

You were always with this new guy, giving him those smiles you used to give me and put all your attention on him. I was jealous but I never let it show. We eventually grew apart but my love for you was still strong.

It happened so fast, that time you invited all of us to a pub. It started with just light drinking and small talks, but when I saw you talking to him, placing your hand in his arm. I guess I got angry and drank all of the contents of my glass.

That surprised everyone, including you. The others proposed a drinking battle and I joined in, glancing at you. I saw you had worried eyes, you were the only person who knew I had low alcohol tolerance. I avoided your gaze and took a glass.

The rules were simple, the person with the most cups wins. Three of us were presented with ten shot glasses in front of us with the strongest drink they could offer. I was the only girl. They counted to three and we all took our first shot.

We all grimaced as the drink was really strong. They were still shocked while I was at my second glass. I continued this till I finished all ten glasses. They cheered as the drunk me cheered along. My face was flushed red as I made myself dance.

I danced with people I didn't know and even kissed a few. I didn't know what was right and wrong that time. But I knew one thing.

Even if I was drunk. I still thought of you.

It made me frustrated that I cried in the dance floor. I got mad. I started to question my love for you, why I fell in love with you. Why you? Why did my heart chose you. Out of all the people, why you.I sobbed, not caring if people thought of me as a weirdo.

Being brought up and made to walk out. I knew it was you, I knew it was you because of your scent and touch.

I knew it was you and I got mad.

I asked you why you were doing this. And you answered because you cared. I shut my eyes and the tears that had stopped, resurfaced. I collapsed and you caught me. Why, I questioned you. Why do you make me feel this way. I asked you once again.

Without a second thought, I pressed my lips on yours. And you pushed me away. I still remembered the look of your face as you left me. I stared at the spot you were standing on and chuckled.

What did I do. I muttered to myself as I drowned myself in sorrow.

A week has passed and I never once went to work. I was afraid of what you might say or do, or just the mere thought of the look on your face. But I still had to go, to give you my resignation form.

The next day came and I went to the office, you saw me and I saw you. I approached you and saw fear in your eyes. I sighed and took out my letter, then I handed it to you. You took it and shock was planted in your face.

Why? You asked. I smiled and took a step forward, you took a step back but I didn't back down. I gently took your cheek and you closed your eyes, but not in submission but in fear. I smiled sadly and kissed your forehead, letting my lips linger a bit before pulling away.

I'm sure you wouldn't want a freak in your building. I replied and left before I broke into tears.

I sighed as I reminisce in the past. I smiled sadly as I looked at the invitation in front of me. Even all this years I still loved you huh? I said to myself as I checked the mark in the going list.

Before I will move on, I'm going to see you happy one last time.

Happy on your wedding day.