Self Respect

☆ⓟⓐⓟⓔⓡ ⓟⓛⓐⓝⓔⓢ☆

This was a seatwork that our teacher made us do with the topic Self Respect. I changed it a bit since I couldn't find the original copy. Hope you get the lesson as well :D

 

~~~~(ㅇㅅㅇ)~~~~

 

Heels meeting with tiles, hair flowing endlessly, killer smile, high fashion sense and a body to die for. The one and only Tiffany Hwang had entered the campus and just captured everyone's heart. The campus sweetheart everyone admired and came to love. The American born was the best definition of perfect.

As she passed by the halls, whistles of approval and shouts of praise was thrown at her. Her red lips tugging up into a smirk. Chin raised up, Tiffany had came to a halt by a handsome young lad holding up a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

 

"Tiffany Hwang, I love you. Please be my girlfriend!"

 

But no one is perfect.

 

"Scram. I don't need your petty feelings."

 

With that said words, Tiffany side stepped and left the boy in shock. No one bothered to take a glance at him, this was an everyday routine that they had been accustomed to. Aside from the good looks and aced academics. Tiffany is your typical arrogant and self-centered mean girl.

 

"Poor guy. I don't get them for liking her, aside from her looks her personality is just trash." A stander by said, not even bothering whispering what she said. Tiffany once again came to a stop as she turned around and smiled at the said girl. "If you have nothing nice to say in that filthy mouth of yours, I suggest throwing yourself in the trash." Tiffany said and gave an eyesmile.

 

~~~~(ㅇㅅㅇ)~~~~

 

I sighed as the day ended. I continued my walk out of the school building, successfully avoided the guy who confessed his feelings for me. Honestly, I'm getting tired of guys telling me they love me when in fact they just like me for my looks. I can only scoff at their idiotic advances.

 

Reaching my home was no problem at all. If you think thats true then where the heck have you seen a beautiful girl get home safely? Being picked on everyday is tiresome. I opened the front door and made my way inside after taking my heels off. Carelessly planting my bag beside my shoes and headed straight to my room to change.

 

Hair fixed to a bun, comfortable baggy sweater, round black glasses and faded colored jeans. Looking at herself in the mirror everyone wouldn't believe this was the same Tiffany Hwang from their university. She smiled at herself and winked. "Nice to finally see you Tiffany." She said to herself as she laid on her bed with her laptop at the side. Looking at this girl from a stranger's point of view, you wouldn't look at her for a second glance, unlike the Tiffany Hwang everyone else admired. This is the real Tiffany Hwang. A sweet girl who writes romantic stories on her free time, a loving daughter to her parents and siblings, and a supportive friend. Only she doesn't have any friends because of the false image she created when she started college life.

 

Tiffany sighed again as she got writers block. She reread the sentence she had written only to get more frustrated when nothing came to mind. She had been stuck at this scene for at least a day. She closed her laptop and stood up. The only solution to a writers block is to go to her favorite cafe "Black&White".

 

~~~~(ㅇㅅㅇ)~~~~

 

Upon arriving, Tiffany had found a seat at the back corner where no one could disturb her, but before taking a seat she had ordered herself a Cappuccino Chiaro. After her order was made she sat comfortably on her spot and took out her laptop from its messenger bag. Opening the application in making her stories, Tiffany smiled in satisfaction when an idea had presented itself.

 

Typing away, it was no surprise when Tiffany had finished a chapter she had been planning to publish the day before yesterday. Sighing in content, Tiffany took a sip of her drink before saving the draft.

 

Watching as her work was being saved, an unknown person sat herself at the seat in front of Tiffany. Rude. Tiffany thought as she was about to give the person a piece of her mind when the said person spoke.

 

"Hi, my name is Taeyeon. I hope you don't mind me sitting here. It's just that, this is my usual spot."

 

Taeyeon, as introduced, said as she gave a cute chin dimple smile. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'll change to another seat then." Tiffany said, forgetting about the rude words she's was about to say. "No, no. It's okay. I wouldn't mind a gorgeous girl sitting with me." Taeyeon said, along with a charming smile. Tiffany had to look at her pocket mirror to check if she had gone out as Tiffany. Only to be confused when those words where directed at her. The real Tiffany.

 

"Me? Gorgeous? Haha You might be mistaken." Tiffany said. Taeyeon propped her elbows on the table, intertwining her fingers together and placing her chin on top. "Why do you think I am mistaken?" Taeyeon asked, raising her eyebrows in amusement. "I am in no proper attire and my face is practically bare. I can't seem to grasp in which part I am beautiful, more so gorgeous." Tiffany answered in all honesty. Taeyeon smiled.

 

"Being yourself is enough to be gorgeous. I too can't grasp your way of thinking, Tiffany." Tiffany's eyes widen. "You know me?!" She exclaimed in horror. Taeyeon smirked. "Who wouldn't know the Tiffany Hwang of Nightingale University?" Putting two and two together, Tiffany gasped in realization. "You're Taeyeon Kim from that blog aren't you?" Tiffany said along with an accusing finger pointed at Taeyeon. Taeyeon crossed her arms and nodded. "Yup, thats me." Tiffany literally had a mental breakdown. "Oh gosh this can't be happening. If this comes out, the image that I created would be ruined. I can't let them see the real me, they'd think I'm ugly. Aiiiiii, I don't want that." Tiffany muttered, her facial expression changing with every sentence.

 

Taeyeon watched in amusement until she'd had enough. "What's the big deal in showing your true self anyway? I didn't lie when I said you're gorgeous. I would even date you if I didn't knew you in school." Taeyeon said. Tiffany stopped momentarily, letting Taeyeon's words sink in. "DATE ME?" Tiffany practically shouted. It would be impossible not to garner attention. Taeyeon apologized in behalf of Tiffany, seeing as her breakdown had worsened. "Hey, keep your voice low will you?" Taeyeon warned as she saw the seemingly manager glance their way.

 

"So you're saying you're a lesbian?" Tiffany spat out. "Out and proud baby!" Taeyeon said with a wide smile. "Wah. I can't believe it, seriously mind blown." Tiffany said, a smile forming on her lips. Taeyeon cheekily grinned in response. "But, how?" Tiffany asked in curiosity, leaning her upper body on the table to hear Taeyeon's answer. "What do you mean how?" Taeyeon asked back. "Like, how can you be proud of... you know. It's frowned upon, aren't you scared of people outcasting you?" Tiffany properly asked. Taeyeon sat up straight and tenderly smiled.

 

"I thought the same when I first knew of my preference. But I came to accept myself you know. This is the real me, the gay Taeyeon Kim. And besides, how can you expect people to respect you when you don't respect yourself?" Taeyeon said and it hit Tiffany hard. "Wow, I... I didn't think of it that way." Tiffany leaned her back on her chair and stared at the white table. It was a simple thought and yet it made her realize that Taeyeon was right. What was all the point of creating Tiffany anyway? It just made her look bad, the real Tiffany was better than the made up one. What was going on my mind! Stupid, I should've met this girl sooner. Tiffany's thoughts were running wild. Taeyeon chuckled, making Tiffany look at her. "You seem to be impressed." Taeyeon stated. Tiffany's eyes sparkled, seemingly about to talk her mind out. Taeyeon sensed it and that made her grin.

 

"It's just that, its such an easy perspective and so simple to grasp. Where have you been all my life, Taeyeon? I should have met you sooner!" Tiffany exclaimed. Taeyeon's faced softened and an unexplainable expression was presented in her features. "I've always been beside you Tiffany, technically speaking three of our subjects to be honest. I was your seatmate at high school too. We've always been together, you just didn't notice." Taeyeon said as she took a sip from her untouched coffee from awhile ago.

 

"Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't know." Tiffany felt guilty for not noticing Taeyeon all this time. "Don't say sorry, I didn't have the courage to talk to you and I never really made my presence known. So, all is well." Taeyeon stated and stood up. She glanced at her watch and looked out the window. "It was nice talking to you Tiffany, but I better go. See you at school tomorrow?" Taeyeon said, raising her brows at her last question. Tiffany smiled and nodded. Taeyeon chuckled and gave a charming grin, bidding goodbye to Tiffany and walking out the door. Putting both her hands on her cup, Tiffany smiled as she took a sip.

"Taeyeon." She whispered and ingaged in a fit of giggles.

 

 

~~~~(ㅇㅅㅇ)~~~~

 

 

Gasps and surprised expressions presented itself on each student of Nightingale University as a familiar student had strutted her way through the halls. Chin held up high and a wide grin on her face, she approached a petite girl who was busy with her phone.

 

 

"Taeyeon!"

 

 

The said girl shouted in excitement. Taeyeon jumped in shock and almost lost grip on her phone. Looking at the culprit her, lets just say she even became more shocked. "T-Tiffany?" She asked in reassurance. The said her nodded, not losing her grin. Taeyeon gave a grin of her own once it sinked in. "Look at you! Your gorgeous. You should come to school like that more often." Taeyeon said as she motioned for them to walk.

 

 

"Starting today, I'm going to school as the real me. And that's thanks to you." Tiffany stated. Taeyeon hummed and noticed everyone's reaction. "Is this really a surprise?" Taeyeon asked. Tiffany only giggled in response. "Do you have time after class?" Tiffany asked, her steps light as a feather. "I do, why?" Taeyeon asked, noticing Tiffany's bubbly character. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out and you know get to know each other?" Tiffany said with a shrug, seemingly trying to not make a deal out of it.

 

 

"Are you asking me out on a date?" Taeyeon asked in amusement. Tiffany smiled and shrugged. "Who knows?" She said as she went inside her class. "I'll wait for you in front of the gates. See you!" Tiffany flirtatiously said with a wink. Taeyeon stood in her spot with a wide grin plastered on her face.