Fronting ft. Seventeen

Fluff Oneshots

                                                                       

 

No one’s POV

Even though it was lunch hour, it was quiet inside the café until there was a noise of glass breaking catching some customer’s attention especially the group of teens sitting near by the counter and the view of the kitchen. The group of teens watched as a manager scolds a worker.

“This is your 7th time breaking things; do you know how expensive these are? You still haven’t paid me back for the others!”

“I’m sorry ma’am, I’ll try pay for it soon…” the worker apologized softly with his head down.

“You better or you’re fired, do you understand? I can’t let you off just because you’re a rookie”.

“Hey! You’re the manager right?” a customer was right in front of them.

“Yes and customers aren’t allowed back here,” the manager looked at the person.

“Well, you shouldn’t yell at your worker like that, it’s not his fault you keep buying cheap cups. Also the fact that you always watch him like a hawk and I would know because I see it every time I come here,” the good looking customer explained and then dragged the poor worker away.

“Where are you taking my worker?”

“He’s going to take a break!” with that, they both left the café while the manager was in disbelief.

 

JR’s POV

Being yelled by my manager, a handsome customer came up to us and defended me. I didn’t know his name but I always see him with his friends and that he always get Americano. After the handsome boy dragged me outside, he surprised everyone including myself. He ruffled his hair which made him look y. So I took out my pack of cigarettes to smoke. The handsome customer stared at me or should I say glared.

“What?” I mumbled.

He came close to my face, smirking “I don’t date those who smokes~~”. I stared at him dumbfounded watching him leave.

What the heck does that mean? Did he really mean that or was he joking? Why the heck is my heart beating so fast?

When I walked back in the café, his friends kept staring at me and when I came to the counter my manager approached. Great, more lecture.

“JR, You can leave early today and don’t worry, I won’t take off you pay”.

“Umm, thank you?” I took off my apron and grabbed my bad proceeding to leave. Well, that was weird.

After walking for ten minutes I felt like I was being followed so I turned to check but there was no one there. I walked faster until I felt someone touch my shoulder which I flinched and was about to yell and karate chop when I noticed who it was.

“Yah! Are you trying to kill me?”

“Well sorry, I didn’t expect you to act like this~~” she apologized.

“Where is my hug oo?” I opened my arms widely, waiting. She laughed and hugged me.

“Happy?”

“Yes. Now when the hell you came here?” I looked at her and noticed she dyed her hair pink-ish.

“I arrived a few days ago~” Hyelin mehronged at me.

Raising my eyebrow, “With that fiancé of yours?”

 “Mhm, he should be close by right now~”

“Good for you, can’t believe he chose you since you’re a bit immature,” I laughed loudly. Glaring at me, she stuck the middle finger at me.

“ off, bye!” Hyelin punched my chest and ran back to her fiancé. , he looked pissed at me and I don’t want to mess with him considering he’s buffer than me.

 

Mingyu’s POV

“Hyung, why did you help that worker? Do you like him?” Minghao kept pestering me so I pushed him away.

“I was being nice, wouldn’t you had done the same?” I answered.

“Yes but you don’t yell at a manager and then drag a worker outside, this is no K-drama,” Seokmin stared at me smirking.

“Shut up…” I mumbled.

“What?”

Seungcheol entered the room earning our attention, “Boys just leave him alone~”. They pouted and left.

I looked at him wondering why he was still in here. “Can I help you hyung?”

“You need to be more careful, you can’t fall for anyone now especially when we’re going to debut soon,” he explained. Sighing, I nodded.

 

JR’s POV

Ever since that day, I always see the hot customer but sometimes he would be alone. He’s not stalking me, is he? That’s such a turn off. It doesn’t help when we make eye contact and then pretend nothing happened.

“Excuse me!” someone said out loud pulling me out of my thought.

I bowed and apologized, “Sorry sir, what would you like?”

“I said I want two espressos!” he repeated. Rude much?

When I stared at him, I noticed it was Hyelin’s fiancé. I was about to speak when a girl probably in her young teens came up to him and linked arms. What the?!

“Oppa, what’s taking so long?” the girl said so cutely that I wanted to cringe.

“Sorry babe, this idiot must be deaf”, he pecked her on the lips.

 After making the drinks, I walked to them and dumped one of the coffees on him, scorching his skin.

“What the dude?!!” the bastard screamed causing everyone to look.

“YAH! Who the do you think you are? Do you know my oppa can sue you?!” the girl screeched like a pterodactyl.

“No I don’t but your oppa thinks it’s ok to cheat on my friend! His fiancé!!” Someone pushed me and slapped him; I finally noticed it was Hyelin.

“Hyelin… Please control your stupid friend”.

“Shut up you , we are ing done!” she threw the engagement ring at him and dumped the other coffee on his lover.

 

Mingyu’s POV

Joshua, Wonwoo, Minghao and I entered the café at the wrong time because we witnessed a girl dumping coffee on another girl who I assumed was the guys’ lover. The “couple” stormed out and I saw JR hugging the sad girl, whispering. Joshua who was the most concerned walked up to them and I wanted to stop him but got dragged by Minghao.

“Hey… is everything ok?” Joshua hesitated.

“Someth-“JR was interrupted.

“My fiancé cheated on me, I knew I shouldn’t have trusted him easily…” his friend sniffled.

“I told you to trust me Hyelin”.

“You should go back to work, I’ll go back…” Hyelin suggested.

“I can bring her back if you’re worried~~” Joshua spoke and I was shocked because usually he’s quiet.

“Thanks, text me ok?” JR hugged her once more while she nodded.

“So the usual?” he mumbled softly but I heard.

“Yeah”.

 

JR’s POV

Few months later, the boys rarely came and I was disappointed because I wanted to see Mingyu. Since that incident, Joshua kept coming in asking how Hyelin was so I gave him her phone number, because of that I see them together from time to time. There were barely any customers right now so I was checking my phone and snapchatting. I realized I had two missed calls from Wonwoo, three from Hyelin and a message from Mingyu.

From Handsome boy: Hey, are you free at three today? Boys are having picnic at the park near the café~   12:35pm

To Handsome boy: Sure, my shift is almost over.  2:10pm

By the time I got there, they were eating and playing around and I spotted Hyelin next to Joshua. Heh, I have a feeling that those two will end up together.

“Yah, why are you just standing there?” Wonwoo called out.

“Just enjoying the view~~” I sat between him and Mingyu.

“What view? Me?” Mingyu smirked and I rolled my eyes.

“No, I meant those lovebirds over there~~” I pointed at the two who seemed close.

“Ohhh, well no duh it’s so obvious”.

“How long do you think it will take him to ask her out?” I was curious.

“Two weeks top,” Soonyoung chimed in.

“How long have you been eavesdropping?” Wonwoo glared at him.

“For a while~ you guys were kind of loud,” Soonyoung laughed loudly making those two look this way causing Mingyu to shove a Choco pie in his mouth.

“Yah, stop bullying hoshroom!” Seungcheol warned.

 

Joshua’s POV

Am I being obvious? Can’t be, I’ve been courting Hyelin for a while but she never noticed. I can’t help but fall for her, she may not be as smart but she has a great personality.

“Do I have something on my face?” she asked while looking at me.

I shook my head, “No sorry, I was spacing out~”.

“Ohhh, its ok then~” Hyelin realized and laughed cutely.

“Ok guys and Hyelin! Time to get into teams, we’re going to play chicken fight!!” Seungcheol announced and started separating everyone.

JR is in Vernon, Seungcheol, Wonwoo and Mingyu’s team. Hyelin is with Jun, Soonyoung, Minghao and Chan’s team while I was with Jihoon, Jeonghan, Seokmin and Seungkwang. Fifteen minutes passed and it was me, Hyelin, JR, Seokmin, and Jihoon still standing. Jihoon got rid of Seokmin in less than six seconds and coincidentally Hyelin and I bumped into each other slightly, I wanted her to win so I pretended to fall.

“Hey, I saw that Joshua!” JR scolded in English and pushed her who fell.

“Sheesh, if you wanted to win just say so dude” Hyelin complained. Few minutes later, Jihoon won.

 

Mingyu’s POV

After JR lost to Jihoon, we took a break so then we can play basketball and Joshua, Hyelin and Chan went to buy snacks since we ate all the food.

Seungcheol decided to sit next to me and sighed, “You know this is the last day we’ll see them? What are you going to do?”

“I don’t know hyung, should I even tell him?” I looked at him sadly.

“Up to you~ but I’m pretty sure Joshua already told her because they seem clingy than usual”.

“Ughh... Why is this hard?” I groaned, ruffling my hair.

“Follow your heart~~”

“Hyung, that’s so cheesy of you to say,” he chuckled.

-Later-

I ran up to JR and he stared at me.

“Hyung, we need to talk”. Everyone noticed, so Jihoon spoke.

“We’ll meet you back at the dorm”. They started walking away and I don’t know if my eyes were playing tricks but it seemed like Joshua and Hyelin were holding hands.

“What do you want to talk about?”

“Umm hyung, the guys and I got accepted into a company while back and we’re trainees”.

He was so shocked and smiled, “Congrats”.

“Not only that but I liked you since I saw you, I would ask you to be my boyfriend but can you wait for me?” I hesitated.

“I do want to be your boyfriend but how long do I have to wait?...”

“At least two years, can you wait for me hyung? I know it would be hard~”

“Don’t make me regret it okay?” JR had teary eyes so I hugged him tight as I closed my eyes, a teardrop fell.

“I promise you hyung”.

 

-Epilogue-

JR’s POV

It had been two and a half years since the boys left to become idols, their debut was amazing. Akkinda~~ It was a boring day at work and I kept wondering if Mingyu even remembered me. Hyelin left a year ago to finish her studies and came back a few days ago, bragging about her degree. The problem now was her ex fiancé kept following her not believing she was dating someone else and decided to bug her in the café.

“Come on Hye~~”.

“Stop calling me that, I ain’t your girl anymore”.

“Then stop lying you have a new boyfriend,” he tugged on her arm.

“I’m not, now let go!” she struggled and the bell chimed indicating someone came into the café.

All three of us looked up and Hyelin smiled.

“Joshua!!” she managed to escape and rushed to the said person, hugging him tightly.

“You okay?” Joshua asked while she shook her head, whispering.

 

I still didn’t notice Mingyu coming up to me at all.

“Still work here huh?” he smirked.

“Shush plus I got promoted~”

“Where’s my kiss yeobo?” I rolled my eyes and pretended to be upset.

“You didn’t even ask yet…” he pulled me closer.

“I know, I just wanted to see how long I could tease you. But please be my boyfriend, we both know we can’t wait any longer~”.

“Yes I’ll be your boyfriend, you dummy” I leaned forward and kissed him.

“Good because I can’t always do it by myself…” Mingyu mumbled. It took me a few seconds to understand what he meant and I blushed.

Suddenly, we heard a loud thud and lots of gasping so we turned to the ruckus to find the bastard on the floor while Joshua was holding Hyelin protectively.

“If I see you around her, I won’t hesitate to punch you again got it?!”

The idiot bastard nodded, apologizing and left.

“Damn Joshua, you scared that ,” the members laughed.

“Are you crazy? You could have gotten hurt…” Hyelin mumbled.

“Only crazy for you~” Joshua kissed her head and the guys scowled.

Mingyu whispered to me, “So your place then?”

 

A/N: Hello my lovely readers, sorry it took me awhile to update i was busy with school and took a small break from writing. Next update will be in a few days. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE~~~ <3 <3 <3 btw James, hope you like the Mingyu pics with Seventeen :P