The Date

To The Sky -

"Can I trust that the you you're showing..." she looked at him with steamy watered eyes, "Can I trust that it's the real you?"

HyunSeung sat there pondering on how he should answer her. Honestly, he thought it was too early in their friendship to discuss if this was the real him. To HyunSeung, she was a friend that would become something greater but only in time. As he sipped on what was last of the yogurt drink, he got up on his feet and stretched.

"It's stuffy in here..." he opened the window and looked out to the sky, "Don't you think so?"

"You won't answer me?" Suzy questioned as she slouched into the couch, "Does that mean you're a liar?"

When she said liar, it made HyunSeung very aggravated. He couldn't understand why she couldn't just wait to get to know him more. Wanting their relationship as friends to work and go further, HyunSeung replied with, "It doesn't mean that. If you wait a couple months, you'll get to know the real me within no time."

Suzy nodded slowly as she caught herself asking things too early. Even if he was angry at her, she wanted to apologize but he had already walked to the doorway by himself. Without a goodbye, Hyunseung closed the door tightly behind him and left her to run around in her own thoughts. Suzy knew she didn't do the right thing. He only came to see if she was okay, but she let her emotions and thoughts get the best of her. If only I had waited for the right time..

--------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Suzy had to pick up what she missed out on. They had changed a few lyrics to their songs, changed up some choreography, and they had the utmost fun without her. Suzy didn't feel bad though, she spent her alone time thinking about HyunSeung and what the hell made say useless things.

They were all in the dance studio, teaching Suzy what she had missed. Of course she got learned quickly but her heart wasn't in it, and therefore, she kept getting scolded by the choreographer. Her moves were just too limp. It needed more power. More emotion.

"Hey, you better get your together." he said to her, "You are missing a day of practice, so that means you have to work harder than anyone else here."

Bowing immediately, Suzy bit her lip while she listened to the scolding of her teacher. He was right in every way, she admitted that. If one person were to slack off, all else fails.

"Your phone is ringing," he grunted, "Go pick it up."

Right away, Suzy picked up her phone and ran into the hallway where everything was silent with no one around. Sighing, she looked at the caller ID and saw it was a number she did not know of.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Song Mari?"

Suzy's heart felt like it was going to drop, she had forgotten all about that contest, "Yes... why?"

"You signed up for the Beast Date contest not too long ago, right?"

"Yes.."

"Well, congratulations, you have been chosen!"

"You see, I can- -"

"The date will be tomorrow at six o'clock in the evening" the other person rummaged through some papers, "You will know which Beast member when you arrive at Station number 10 and from then on, you two will date in secrecy for the rest of the day. Good Luck!"

Without listening to anything she had to say, the person on the other line hung up and left her to fall on her knees. Suzy didn't know what she would do, tomorrow was surely going to be busy. How would she make it in time?

"Yah, what are you doing? Get your back in here," her teacher banged on the other side of the door, "Stop being lazy."

"I'm coming.."

--------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Suzy had a severe ache in her ankle due to the harsh practice she was given last night. It was what she deserved though. Drinking carelessly and then resting for one day, it was her punishment. Everyone was still practicing in the studio, so she had enough time to bandage her ankle and rest on the couch.

For every hour that had passed since HyunSeung left her dorm, Suzy checked her phone to see if HyunSeung would message her at all. Sadly, he didn't. She got the hint that he wanted space for some time and that was her own fault. Ever since she met him, her life has been nothing but trouble.

"Are you okay?" Min tapped on her ankle, "Does it hurt?"

"Yeah.. but I have to practice more." she sighed.

"Well.. I can make up a story for you,  why don't you go home and rest?"

"No, you might get in trouble for doing that."

"It doesn't matter," Min pulled Suzy up from the couch, "What you need right now, is to go home and ice your ankle."

"Thank you.."

It was so easy for her to leave in time to get ready for her date with the unknown Beast member. Not that she was faking it or anything, Suzy's ankle did hurt, she just didn't think that it would be their leader who let her go home. Quickly, she snuck out of the building and took a taxi home and as soon as she had reached, she threw off her clothes to change into something nice.

"Oh wait.. people will recognize me.."

Suzy picked up some sunglasses and a scarf to cover the majority of her face. Her outfit consisted of converses, skinny jeans, and a plain white t-shirt with a jean jacket pulled over it. She didn't need to have any heels on since her ankle hurt anyway. When she checked the time, she had enough time to get to Station 10. Whoever was going to be there, Suzy was sure that she would have the first say. She needed to explain why it was her and not an actual fan (not that she wasn't a fan of Beast).

"I'm here... which member would it be?"

Suzy looked around some more and didn't see any Beast member at first but then she spotted him in a corner, leaning his back onto the wall as he boredly waited on the "fan" who was taking too long. She made her way over to him and stood next to him.

"Are you.. Song Mari?" he asked.

"Yeah.." she changed her voice, "Where are we going?"

Putting fan service mode on, he held her hand tightly as the two ran through the crowd of people who were waiting for their train. Wherever they were going, Suzy was sure that it was far away since they boarded the train and sat quietly in the back.

"Yah.. where are we going?" she whispered to him, "Is it far?"

"Just wait.."

They passed three station stops and finally at the fourth stop, he grabbed her hand again and got out before anyone else stepped onto the train. From where she was standing, Suzy could smell the sea. As they alighted from the underground train station, he held her hand steadily as he made his way towards the sand.

"No one comes here on days like this," he took off his glasses and scarf, "I figured it'd be best to come here if we were to not be seen."

Suzy gasped at the sight of who it was, "Yong JunHyung?"

He turned to look at who he thought was Song Mari turn into Bae Suzy of Miss A, "What the hell?"

"It's not what you think-  -"

"I'm confused," he laughed, "But I'll listen."

He was much more calm and nicer than HyunSeung, that made her more comfortable to talk to him. From the beginning, she started her story where she was a fangirl of Beast and that when she heard they were having a contest, she joined. JunHyung listened silently until she was finished talking.

"Then.. I told JiEun at the cafe that one day.."

"Oh.. How did you like my rescue call?" he smiled at her, "Did you get out of it safely?"

"Rescue call..?"

"I guess HyunSeung didn't tell you..." he stretched out towards the sky, "When we were taking a light stroll around the neighborhood, I saw that you and JiEun were having troubles with the fans around you.. so, I ran to the rescue and they followed."

"Thank you.."

Suzy sat there in silence as she went over what had happened that day. HyunSeung didn't ever mention that JunHyung was the one who helped them first. He lied to her. Feeling stupid, she scoffed and stomped at the soft sand beneath her. Suzy believed every word that came out of HyunSeung's mouth.

"I should have known."

--------------------------------------------------------------

oh boy, all of a sudden HyunSeung is becoming

the bad person? :/ let's hear your thoughts

on this!