Before I leave

To The Sky -

"I'm sorry."

Suzy sat silently as HyunSeung spilled his emotions unto her. His tone was very sincere, and she could see that there was definitely honesty in his words-but, it was a little awkward and it made her heart sting; saying things like, "I'm sorry I lied, but I've only loved HyunAh." Thought she felt pain, Suzy didn't let it get to her, for she had been trying to move on. As he continued his speech, Suzy scrolled through her twitter feed.

"My fans are asking if I'm okay.." she showed him her phone, interrupting his feelings.

"O-Oh.. your fans are very caring."

Suzy nodded her head slowly as she put her phone faced down on the nightstand, "It's a shame though.."

"Why-?"

"I'm leaving the entertainment business."

HyunSeung froze in his standing position and tried to understand the words that were coming out of . It was almost like a slow motion scene, but yet, soundless. He could see her smiling while telling him the news but he couldn't hear the excitement.

"What do you mean by leaving?"

Shrugging softly, Suzy stood on her two feet and walked towards him, "I can't think of any other way to tell you."

"When is your official statement?"

"Probably as soon as I leave today."

"Today?"

"Yeah, I've been here for a week already. I should be fine."

The two stood awkwardly in front of each other as they listened to the clock tick tocking away in the silence. He wanted to say more words of an apology to maybe make Suzy change her mind, but he could see that she had already made the decision and it was going to stick for a long time.

Coming closer to him, Suzy wrapped her arms around his waist, "This is good bye."

------------------------------------------------------

As soon as she was discharged from the hospital, Suzy was brought into a van where they fixed her makeup and put a nice, elegant dress on her thin body. Mr. Park was in a different car but they were having a conversation about the conference through their phones.

"Tell them, you're leaving because of this crash." Mr. Park sounded nervous, "B-Because you messed up your vocals-"

"I will tell them what I want," Suzy interrupted him sharply, "I am no longer part of your business. I have my own right to speak what I want heard."

Mr. Park shut his mouth tightly as Suzy hung up the phone. They were nearing the area for the conference and he could feel his heart beating a million times harder. There were camera men and reporters who were curious as to what kind of story would be given; whether it be fake or not.

"Hello." Mr. Park greeted them as they stepped out of the cars.

A lot of them wanted to ask questions but Suzy kept her eyes on her goal and walked to the conference table. In front of her, there were even more reporters but that didn't phase her one bit.

"Why are you leaving?" one man asked.

Suzy silently collected herself, making them wait with suspense. When the time was right, she opened her thoughts for everyone to hear;

"Before I leave this world, I want to leave behind a great impact on people's lives. I even wanted to change the way idols are perceived. I wanted to help each and every being on this earth-but it's not possible. You see, this plan of To the Sky, I was too arrogant to think it'd work. No matter what I do or say, everyone will oppose idols dating one another. To them, it will be forever unfair. Yes, there are those who accept it but there is only a small handful of them. It wasn't just dating, I wanted to free us from our own cages. I wanted us to fly. We, too, are human beings. Just like any of you, you have your own rights and your own thoughts. We don't have anything like that. Everytime we talk, we must be careful not to say the wrong thing. I only acted too soon but one day, maybe this plan of To the Sky will work. So, before I turn old, and my hair turns gray, before I leave such a beautiful world, I want to restart my life by living simply."

------------------------------------------------------

Three Years Later

I lived one year in agony and pain. The effect from the accident took a toll on my body and I wasn't able to move that much after the conference was held. Though it was tough, I still had people who came to visit me everyday. They gave me food, they gave me gifts, they showered me with courage, and most of all, they loved me. Because of that, I am back to my normal self after two years.

"My fans are truly amazing," Suzy smiled as she looked out of her bedroom window, "Don't you think?"

JiEun agreed, "I don't know if my fans would ever be so loving towards me.."

"What are you talking about? You are loved world-wide. There is bound to be at least a few hundred who would support you no matter what."

"I guess that's true," JiEun slipped on her shoes, "Anyway, I have a busy schedule today, so lock up when you leave.

"Okay, be safe!"

Suzy sat quietly for a moment before she started to get ready for the day. She wanted to reminisce about the friends she used to have saved into her old phone. Every time a call would come, she rejected it because even though three years passed by, her heart was still as fickle and bruised as it was before. Of course she was a stronger person now, but she needed something that would heal her, physically and mentally.

"I guess I should go, too."

Pulling luggage with her, Suzy ran out of the apartment and draped her scarf around her neck. Winter was pulling in, so that meant that there were Christmas decorations and lights all around the city of Seoul, brightening up anyone's day. Especially Suzy, she was running towards her new work place, a coffee shop. It was a small but busy shop because of the high quality products that were sold. Every now and then, Suzy would meet fans who root for her and fans who hated her for leaving, but she was already prepared for such a thing to happen.

"I'm here!"

Suzy ran through the backdoor and clocked in as soon as she found her apron. Smiling, she began serving customers and cleaned every now and then. Her coworkers were very nice to her and treated her like an equal. There was no special treatment just because she used to be an idol and there was definitely no one who hated her. At this coffee shop, she was a new person. Because they were such a small shop, there were too many staff members so she had only three hours to work here. Before she knew it, her shift was over.

"I'll see you guys in three days!"

Having taken off for her own leisure time, Suzy dragged her luggage behind her as she went down into the subways. It was getting colder and colder but she wanted to visit the sea. It seemed to be the only thing she craved to see these days.

"Oh my gosh!" a high pitched voice came from inside the train, "Did you see HyunAh's new comeback?"

"Yeah, I like it! It's not like three years ago with Red."

"What's wrong with Red?"

"Nothing, but this new song is just so sweet and loving."

"I agree, I think it suits her more."

Hearing the news about her old friend made Suzy smile from ear to ear. It was good to know that she was doing so great in the entertainment business. Thinking over it, Suzy sighed, If I were still there, what would I be doing right now? Suffering?

The ride to the ocean wasn't too far away but it was far enough for her to clear her mind. It was just as she had remembered: three station stops, and you get off at the fourth stop. As she stepped off with her luggage and climbed up the steps, she caught the scent of the sea and it reminded her of peaceful times, just before things got chaotic.

Mumbling to herself, Suzy walked slowly towards the scent, "I can see the sea from here,"

When she reached, there were children playing with fireworks to celebrate the upcoming holliday. Suzy began remembering all the  things that happened three years ago and though they were mostly bad, there were positive moments that made her smile.

"Fireworks.." a voice came from behind, "It brings back old memories, huh?

Suzy could feel goosebumps forming as she recognized the slightly low voice call to her. The same warmness and quick way he used to speak when they were still friends; it was all too much for her that she couldn't even turn around. The footsteps of this man came from behind her and wrapped his arms tightly on her ice cold body;

"Even after three years," his voice became muffled by her scarf, but his words were true, "I only thought of you."

He only had the reaction of the soft wind, blowing across his back as he loosened his grip on Suzy.

"Want to try it with me?"

"Try what?" she finally asked as she slowly turned around.

He brought his hand out towards her and smiled, "To The Sky?"

"Always," smiling back at him, she took his hand in hers, "JaeSun."

------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who don't already know, JaeSun is Yong JunHyung's birth name! In Chapter 8: A New Friendship, Suzy calls him that and he gets angry. haha.. but here I am, at the end of my second fanfic. I want to thank all of my readers who stuck with me to the end. You pistachios are awesome! Even though there were MANY, MANY times that I would go for days without updating, you'd still wait for me. And for that, I am grateful. Some of you may not know but even the slightest comments makes me happy, and if you want to, leave a message on my wall. Just stop by to say "Hi," or something! I don't mind! Again, thank you for all your love and support and I hope to see you in a new fanfic soon!

pistaseung

ps. This is a shameless advertisement but.. if you haven't already seen it, please go and try out my other story that is currently Ongoing: Blue Anthem . I think you will like it if you give it a try!