Contest

To The Sky -

There is a place that is hidden from the world, not even those crazy sasaeng fans know. Beyond what they show you on the variety shows, live performances, or reality shows, there is always a life behind what you have seen. CEO's and managers demand that that life is cut out from the rest of the world. "It's best to keep a low profile," they say, "We all know what this could do to your image." That is the side we cannot enter and we, as fans, are respectful enough to let it go. 

The ones we are lusting after, dreaming about, and wanting to just stay by their side. They are living a different world, behind the stage, in waiting rooms, in their dorms (in which we definitely are not in), idols live their lives free from fans. If I could give you one day to spend one day with your bias or your favorite Korean group, comedian, actor/actress, or even an MC, would you hesitate? Of course not! But there are those who would, those people are our Korean stars.

Everyday they are told, "Don't do this." "Don't do that." If they were given a time to love, they would hesitate, even if it's for a split second. They are afraid, and of who? We, as fans, are the ones to blame. Even CEO's would accept it in time, but there are some of us who do not.

"We have a packed schedule.. stop looking at your phone." Min grabbed her member's phone and walked to their car, "Seriously, JYP is going to kill."

Suzy ran after her and whined, "Give it back, please!"

"I know you're looking at BEAST but you should stop."

"Why?" Suzy snatched her phone when she found an opening, "It's not like I'm doing anything wrong."

"You know our Manager won't even allow it, so why should JYP?"

"You act as if I'm dating them," Suzy sighed as she climbed into the car and sat at the back window seat, "Leave me alone."

Min rolled her eyes towards the other two members, Jia and Fei, as they entered the car. They couldn't understand why Suzy was so obsessed with BEAST, they were just any other group in the entertainment ground.

"If anyone, I would choose 2PM," Fei laughed.

"It's just cause they have muscles, huh?" Jia smirked, "You have no taste."

"What are you talking about? They are perfect." Fei jokingly punched Jia as the two of them giggled, "Yah, Suzy, why is BEAST so special to you anyway?"

Without answering, Suzy drifted off into her dreamland, where she felt as if she was just a normal girl. Before the fame, and before all the rules, she do anything she wanted. Why can't we be the same as regular humans? Why are there so many rules? Through her four years of being an official idol, Suzy just couldn't bring herself to understand.

MissA never seems busy, but that's because it's kept from the internet and media. Just like any other Korean star, if everyone always knew where they were going, they'd never get anything done. Today, they were going for a radio broadcast and even though it was more relaxed than what they have been doing, it was still tiring.

"Suzy, we're here." Jia nudged their maknae, "Hurry or you'll look awful."

"We all have our bare faces on anyway.." Min sighed, "We all look awful."

"That's not true," Suzy stretched her long legs out of the car, "I think we all look fine."

They entered the building and awaited their turn to be on. Fans outside were starting to recognize them and crowded the windows one by one. Even though they were tired, Min and her fellow members smiled and waved as if they have been very lively.

"Go, go away.. please.." Jia said underneath her breath as she smiled at them.

"All we want is to rest.." Suzy sighed, "But there really is no time for that."

"We do have days that we can rest," Min slapped her leg softly, "Don't you dare say that we never rest."

"We work majority of the time," Fei crossed her arms, "It's really tiring."

MissA bowed and waved to their friends as they were leaving towards the room, in which they would be asked various questions. Making themselves seem presentable and lively, they put up a front and made their voices extra chirpy.

"Hello, we are MissA!"

"I am really excited to have MissA here today, and I'm sure all of your are, too!" Yoo Inna clapped, "I'm prepared to ask them many questions today."

"We are too," Min smiled.

Inna flipped through her papers and spoke in a chic tone, "This question goes to Suzy."

"Ah.." Suzy put her hands in her face and giggled, "What?"

"A fan asks, "Who is your ideal man? I heard you change it often." Well, let's hear it."

Thinking for a while, Suzy tried to think of someone, "I've said this before.. but I chose Yang YoSeop as my ideal man before. It was because he has a cute character. These days my ideal type is changing a lot. So, I'm not sure. Maybe.. if I like a certain someone, then I just like them. There shouldn't be a reason."

"Ohh.. nice answer." Inna smiled, "I like it."

They wrapped up their session nicely and left quickly due to their busy schedule. They had to practice their songs for the next album that had yet to be released. Once the car started to move, Suzy looked out the window while she put in her headphones and Yoo Inna's radio station, she was told that BEAST would come on right after.

"So, BEAST! Hello, we are BEAST!"

The session went on, talking about how they like living in different apartments and not having to dorm together anymore. Things like that, Suzy was very interested, she listened very intently and forgot her members even existed.

"We're holding a contest."

"What kind of contest?"

"We wanted all of our fans to put their name and age in our online form on our website. After the staff would randomly choose a BEAST member and a random entry form, the two would go out and spend one day together, with a guarantee that it won't be disturbed."

"How would it not be disturbed?" Inna laughed, "BEAST fans are everywhere!"

"We'll be leaving the winner's names unannounced and the day they would be having this date would also be confidential."

"Ah, I see. So, only the winners would know when and where?"

"Yes."

"When could everyone start filling out applications online?"

"Right after this broadcast."

Suzy began to make weird faces as she was unable to control her excitement. She was definitely going to try but then she remembered that she was an idol. They wouldn't let two idols go out like this.. it would be unfair to the fans.

"Unless I was just a fan." Suzy mumbled to herself, causing her members to think she was crazy.

"Are you okay?" Fei entered the recording studio with a folder of the songs they were to sing, "You look a little.. too happy."

"I know," Suzy grabbed a sheet from the folder, "I'm excited for this new album is all."

"Riiight." Min laughed, "We all know when something's up."

"I promise," Suzy crossed her fingers behind her back, "It's nothing."

That night, Suzy lay awake in her bed as the other members were busy in the living room and kitchen. She filled out the form with her phone number and name and was prepared to send it off, but she hesitated. What would her members say to her? What would happen if everyone saw them? That doesn't matter, she said to herself as she sent the letter, What's done is done.