Rules to Life

To The Sky -

By morning, there were many reporters who gathered at the front of JYP Entertainment, demanding updates on Suzy's condition. Not only were they at the building, they were also outside of the hospital, hoping someone would come out. They tackled anyone who went into and out of the place.

"If we get even the slightest information on this," one  reporter said to the other as his lips as he smirked, "We'll be pulling in so much money."

"Right? I'm going to try to sneak in through the back-"

JunHyung roughly bumped into the man but soft enough to make it look accidental, "Shut your mouth."

The reporter was so appalled by his actions that he scoffed and put his camera straight into JunHyung's face.

"And why is JunHyung of BEAST here, huh?" he started, "Oh right, you two have a thing right?"

Another joined in, "About a year ago, you two had your own little date."

"Yeah, everyone saw it." the guy behind the camera started chuckling to himself, "Too bad your girl will probably be bedridden."

JunHyung kept his cool and tried to push his way through the persistent reporters. There were about thirty of them here, all crowding around him, asking different questions. The one who started it all just stood on the sidelines as he tapped his foot while he waited once more for any information on Suzy.

"You were at the site of Suzy's accident, why didn't you help?"

"Was this your plan to strip her of the fame?"

"What was your motive?"

They assumptions they were making at him just made JunHyung angry. Keeping his cool wouldn't work anymore, he turned to face the many cameras that were in his face and glared at the man who was still waiting.

"Why would I do this? Are you all even human? All you care about is the money coming in, you're not even worrying about the woman who is almost dying up there," JunHyung pointed up towards the hospital windows, "If the heavens and your mothers and fathers knew about this, they'd call you filth, trash, worthless, a scum."

The thirty reporters put their cameras down and silently let him pass as they reflected on their actions. This was the first time someone ever spoke out to them and it hit home, even the man who started this turned around to hide his shamed face. When they first became reporters, they only wanted to help people.. but now, it was only for the money and connections.

---------------------------------------------------------------

JunHyung finally got to run through the halls of the hospital because waiting for the elevator would take too long. He wondered what would have happened to Suzy if she wasn't in the road. Would she have been injured by something other than a car? Would she have suffered great illness? Or would she have been sleeping soundly in her apartment?

"Suzy...?"

Making sure that he didn't wake her, JunHyung tiptoed across the room to where he found a chair and brought it up beside her. Watching her like this made his chest feel heavy, almost as if it would fall out at any moment. Seeing a lifeless Suzy wasn't something he was used to.

"You know, whenever I would see you, you'd be smiling or arguing with someone. But right now," he wiped away his silent tears that seemed to blur his vision of her, "You're almost like a tree.. So still but still breathes-"

As he grabbed her small hand into his own, Suzy's eyes took their time to twitch and then slowly begin to open. The light was almost too blinding for her but when she turned her head, JunHyung's shocked face was the only thing she saw.

"What do you mean I'm like a tree.." she sounded very hoarse, as if she had no water for weeks, "I'm very much alive."

"S-Suzy.." he wrapped his arms underneath her shoulders and pulled her into a hug, "I didn't think you'd wake up."

"Ow.." Suzy tried to push him away, "So, what exactly happened to me?"

JunHyung froze, "Memory loss?"

"No but trust me, I wish." she laughed softly, "I only remember saying your name but what happened after?"

"You were kind of.. you know, pushed by the car and you tumbled on the street. By the time I could get to you, you had scratches all over your body and blood was coming out of your mouth."

"I'm surprised that I'm even alive.." she turned her head to look out the window, "How is it out there..?"

"It's crazy.." he scoffed, "Someone even asked me if I was the one who made you get ran over."

"What the hell," holding her waist from the pain, Suzy began to laugh, "Maybe HyunAh would do something like this-"

HyunAh slammed the door open and stomped over to Suzy's side, "I am not that cruel!"

"It was obviously a joke," Suzy smiled softly, "How are you?"

"It's only been a day but you act like you haven't seen me in years."

"It felt like it," she shrugged.

JunHyung left silently as he noticed that those two would be too engrossed in their conversation to even see that he was still there. On his way out, HyunSeung stopped him and pulled him down to sit next to him. There was an awkward yet guilty atmosphere around the two.

"How is she?"

"Just woke up."

"With that short response.. you're still angry, right?"

"Of course I'd be angry!" JunHyung got up to his feet, "Do you not realize that you're the reason she stopped in the street?"

"What-?"

"Yeah, you weren't there so you don't know! While I was holding her in my arms, she whispered your name before fully going limp. Suzy was so deep in thought that even the dangers of the road didn't occur to her, and who's fault is that?"

HyunSeung let Junhyung lecture him until this weight was lifted. He didn't know that had experienced such horrible things and that made him feel bad. Lying to Suzy was simple thing but causing her to reach a near death situation, that was murder and HyunSeung knew he was wrong.

"I'm sorry."

"That doesn't matter anymore.." Sighing, JunHyung's shoulders hung downwards, as if they wanted to kiss the floor, "When those two are done, make sure that your apologize. Sincerely."

---------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm really sorry.. for everything."

Suzy stared blankly at her pale hands, unable to respond to HyunAh's sudden apology.

"When I wanted to strip you of your fame, I didn't want to do it like this. I only wanted to play games."

"Up until the very last second.. you played games," Suzy scoffed, "The idol life is a game board, just like life, but worse."

Not really understanding her, HyunAh cocked her head to one side.

"In life, you have three options. The first two: play the game and gain pride or don't play and lose."

"And the third?"

"Live your life simply, enjoy everything, and you will always be a winner." Smiling into HyunAh's eyes, Suzy whispered, "Before, you were the first one.. and I was the second. But right now, we're both living it simply."

"How?"

"We've put down our pride.. and stopped thinking about what others see in us. Right here, in this room, we've changed. And just in a few seconds."

HyunAh was soaking in Suzy's words as she thought over her whole reason to be a singer. It was to sing and rap for others-to let them hear a different kind of voice. One that could reach out to anyone, no matter what song was sang. Over the years, she had lost her way, and let fame eat away at her dream. But no more.

"We'll still be friends after your leave, right?"

Suzy extended her pale hand to softly touch HyunAh's, "Always."

"You learned that from HyunSeung," she let out a small and quick chuckle.

"He's taught me many things.."

HyunAh watched as Suzy's eyes wandered off into a different direction, as if she were deep in thought. Releasing HyunAh's hand, she walked over to her window, and opened it to let in the breeze that she was craving.

"So, I'll see you around?" HyunAh waved to her friend even though she wasn't looking, "Bye, Suzy."

---------------------------------------------------------------

hehe, it's not over yet, so don't worry :)