First Step

To The Sky -
While they were recording their parts, Suzy spent the most time preparing for hers. She had gotten all the main parts and she wasn't that strong of a singer. HyunAh sat down with her and tried to help her even though she wasn't a great singer either. Sighing, the girls gave up and waited to hear the other member's parts, maybe then they could get a feel of how the song would go.

 

"Are you having a hard time?" Min came out to join the two girls, "I could help."

"Yes, please!"

Min took her lyrics and saw the marks where she would sing or harmonize, "See, okay, when it goes Like a fireworks, glowing, colorful..."

HyunSeung looked at Suzy from the corner of his eye while sitting next to JunHyung at the sound system. He admired how hard she tried to get the notes right, it was a side he had never seen before. I should have been the one to help her, he sighed. Seeing how depressed HyunSeung had become, JunHyung clapped his hands together and turned around to face everyone.

"It's about 4am in the morning, so I'll let you guys go home." he turned back to his screen, "I'll modify the voices and when you guys come back tomorrow, I'll give you all advice."

The girls bowed in thanks and started for the door, but Suzy stayed behind as always. When JunHyung decided to leave the two alone, she cleared and listened to the track over and over again with her headphones. She was conscious that he was there and became nervous but she knew she had to overcome this feeling if she wanted to get anywhere with them.

"S-So... you want to help me with my part?"

HyunSeung smiled at her and quickly sat down in the chair next to her, "Sure!"

That morning, those two spent their time practicing on Suzy's difficult parts. Even though HyunSeung wanted more interaction, this was the most he'd get for the time being. Being next to Suzy was all that he wanted right now, and he was happy for it. For Suzy though, she was more focused on the song than anything else. Of course, being next to him was nerve wracking, she didn't let that get to her.

"I talked to JiEun about moving out.." Suzy said all of a sudden.

"Moving out? Like, the dorm?"

"Yeah, after a long conversation, I decided I would move out.. but I have to talk to Mr. Park."

"Oh, have fun with that one..." he shrugged, "When YoSeop and JunHyung decided to move out, we were pretty sad at first but now we're okay."

"Do you think it was lonely?"

"For them? Probably but for the four of us who were left at the dorm, we were even more sad."

"I'm sure.."

"If you do decide to move out, let me know and I'll come help you look for a place!"

"I already decided where I would go live!" Suzy smiled to herself, "Next to JiEun."

"I know where she lives!"

"Really?" she gave him a look, "Creeper."

"No, no.. YoSeop really likes her so he brings her gifts."

"I think she told me before," she laughed, "He's really weird."

HyunSeung nodded in agreement but then looked at her with a lustful yet joking stare, "Tomato-ya, I will be at your house everyday."

Suzy felt herself turn red just like her nickname and rushed out the door, "I'll go back home!"

While making her way to her dorm, she thought about how she should have tried harder to keep her emotions intact. If I let them show too much, she said, He'll probably never take me seriously. Suzy sighed deeply as the thought that HyunSeung knew how to make her blush crossed her mind. It was too much for a fair maiden's heart.

"Yo, so how'd your extra session go?" Fei asked as she yawned into the sun, "I bet you two hit it off."

"No, no, no.." Suzy took her shoes off, "We really just practiced."

"Kissing?" Min laughed as Suzy gave her the death stare, "Joking, I'm only joking."

Suzy rushed into her room and changed into something nice and wore make up, "I'll be back later."

"Where are you going? You just got back." Jia asked.

"I'll let you guys know once I conform it."

Suzy called a cab out side and rod the rest of the way to Mr. Park's office at the JYP building. She felt her nerves become tight and her voice was caught in . The closer they were to the building, she would think of all the bad things he would say to her. It was even worse as she went into the building, her sunbaes greeted her and gave her a warm look but that just made her more nervous. There was no way Mr. Park would let me move out.

"Okay." he said answering her question, "Go ahead when you're ready to."

Dumbfounded, Suzy stuttered, "You're just going to let me move out?"

"I mean you're old enough now," he nodded, "I shouldn't keep that freedom away from you. But!"

"But?"

"If you get into a relationship, I want to hear about it first before you and your man decided to show the world," he looked at her suspiciously, "You aren't dating anyone right now, right?"

"Definitely not!" Suzy looked off to the side and mumbled, "Though I am trying hard..."

"Then try harder to catch him, and once you do, let me know!"

Suzy became more dumbfounded when he was able to hear what she had said, "Mr. Park!"

"I'm being serious, when you and that guy, whoever it is, are going out officially, let me know so that I can do whatever I can to protect that relationship."

"Yes, sir."

On the way back to her dorm, Suzy stopped by a shop and bought two suit cases and some cardboard boxes. She would definitely need those to move out, now it was only a matter of time that she'd have to tell her members. They would ask questions about the stuff she bought anyway, so Suzy also bought a cake and alcohol for the four of them.

"What's all this?" Min asked as she looked at her dongsaeng come through the door with bags all up her arms, "A party?"

"Sort of.."

Suzy placed the cake on the table in their living room and opened all the alcohol. Her members just watched as she set up everything and pushed the rest of the bags to the side.

"Sit down," she said as she slid over to one side, "It's a celebration for the new album, just for the four of us!"

Smiling, they some music and watched gag shows on the TV. Suzy swallowed hard as she watched her members who were all partying hard. She didn't know how they'd react to the news but she knew she had to tell them sometime soon. When they started to quiet down, Suzy tapped a class with her spoon to get everyone's attention.

"You all know I love you, right?" they nodded, "I actually have something to say."

"You're pregnant?" Fei laughed.

"No!" Suzy sighed, "I've been thinking about it for a while now and I also asked JiEun about it.. I'm moving out of the dorm."

They all still had smiles on their faces as Min came over to her younger member, "Did you think we'd get mad or depressed?"

"I didn't know what to think.."

"We honestly, don't care, I mean of course we'll miss you but it's not like we won't visit each other," Jia rolled her eyes, "We're not like that."

"Yeah, we'll make sure to bring alcohol once in a while," Fei giggled as she drank anot her bottle, "I was also thinking about moving out soon, but you beat me to it!"

"Sorry," Suzy laughed.

They spent the rest of their hours they had left together, partying and telling stories of their pre-debut days. It's not how we see it on our computer screens though, when they actually have a heart to heart, there are bickering and laughter going about. They don't have to control their feelings as much but because they have an "image" to take care of, they almost can never act like their real selves. Don't we feel guilty...?

Suzy sat in her room that night and remembered how Mr. Park just accepted her request to move out. To her, it was amazing, she felt like her To the Sky plan was already working.