Chapter 7

Never Again
A/N:
update!!
just like i said before, my daily update has now come to an end... :((
although i'll try my best to do an update every two day so yeah...
here's a new chapter so enjoy!!
and don't forget to subscribe and comment!!
- ImmaLocket029
 

 
JINKI’S POV
 
“My name is Kim Kibum… and Kim Jonghyun is my older brother. I’m Kim Youngwoon's second son.” His words kept repeating themselves on my head. He’s kidding right? Sure they have the same last name but they can’t be brothers. There’s a lot of Kim Kibums in the country so what is he saying?
 
“Kibum…” I said carefully, taking hold both of his again and breathed deeply. “You know it’s a good thing you’re cute and honestly, that joke isn’t funny at all.” I chuckled nervously.
 
The look on his eyes was nothing but seriousness and anxiety. His tears that stopped minutes ago came back flowing again, the scene in front of me made my heart break. How can this be? The person I really like or possibly love turns out to be someone I shouldn’t be associating with. Why did this have to happen to us?
 
“Why… why did you lie to me when I asked you if you know Jonghyun? You said you don’t know him and now you’re saying that you two are brothers?” I want him to say that he was joking, that everything he said seconds ago isn’t true. I kept hoping that he was just playing a trick on me but the next words he uttered completely broke my heart.
 
“Because…” he hiccupped, “because I don’t know how to tell you… I… I know what’s going between our parents’ companies but I really, really like you that’s why I didn’t tell you anything… ” It was just a whisper but to me it sounded like a booming thunder, way too loud compared to the silence that was surrounding us. Right then, I knew that he was telling the truth. This is not fair. We just started and now this is happening?
 
I let go of his hands and held the stirring wheel way too tight that my knuckles turned to white. I can feel anger building up inside me when I saw my hands started shaking; Kibum’s uncontrolled sobs resonating inside the car filling it with its painful sound. Before I knew it, my own tears are rolling down my face, dropping onto my lap. For minutes, we didn’t talk, only letting our tears escape from our eyes.
 
“Are you a spy? Did Jonghyun send you to our company?”
 
“No! Of course not! Jonghyun didn’t send me and I’m not a spy! Please… Please, Jinki believe me…” Kibum grabbed my arm and even with that touch, I could feel him shaking violently from his cries. I wanted to hug him so bad but my body won’t listen to me.
 
I didn’t say anything, I couldn’t say anything. Everything he said was too hard for me to accept. I don’t even know what to do and what to believe anymore. There are so many things that could happen to us but why this? Eventually, Kibum let go of my arm and rested his hands on his lap. We didn’t do or say anything to each other and after what felt like decades, Kibum unbuckled his seatbelt and left my car with his tears still flowing.
 
I want to get out of the car as well and follow him, take him back and say that everything is going to be fine between us but I just sat there, only my eyes following his back walk away from me until he got a cab, got in and disappear from my sight. After an hour or so, I could finally move again and decided to go home. During the whole ride, Kibum’s tear-streaked face was the only thing I can see, haunting me until I got home and inside the confines of my bedroom. 
 
That night, I don’t even know if I’ll see Kibum again; if I’ll be able to see his smile, his beautiful features and melodic voice. I couldn’t sleep a wink, I tried everything for sleep to come to me but nothing worked. I took out my phone and saw that the time was already past five, four more hours and I have to go to work again. How can I fall asleep when I just saw Kibum’s picture on my phone? The way he looked on the picture was nothing compared to the real thing.
 
More than a week flew by and I never saw Kibum again. I kept looking at my phone wishing for Kibum to call me. Even during business meetings I only kept my attention to my phone, staring at Kibum’s picture not even caring what my dad was saying or what’s going on. I wanted to call him, hear his voice again but I kept hesitating.
 
“Jinki, what's going on with you? You’re not even paying attention to our meeting this morning,” my dad finally said. I could only mutter a small ‘Nothing’ and walked away. I know my father was only concerned about me but I don’t want anyone to know about my problems and I don’t want my dad to know about Kibum. If that happens, I really won’t be able to see him ever again.
 
I finally got fed up with this and decided to do something about it before it’s too late. “Hyosung-ah,” I called one of my assistants.
 
“Yes, sir?” she replied, poking her head from the door.
 
“I need you to do something for me in secret,” I started and she nodded, “I want you to find where the Kim Family lives.”
 
Her eyes widen after hearing my request. “The Kim Family? The one who owns the Kim Industries?” I nodded. “O-Okay, sir. When do you need it?”
 
“I need it as soon as possible although if you could give me the result by this afternoon that’ll be great.”
 
Before she left my office, I saw her expression - she was panicking because of my request. I know very well that the whole company is busy but I don’t care. I needed to know where Kibum lives. I kept waiting for Hyosung to give me whatever she found and the whole time I was restless. My mind can’t stop thinking about Kibum, about how he is, or if he’s feeling the same way as I do right now.
 
*knock knock*
 
“Come in,” I said. My heart was beating so fast that it felt like it could burst out of my ribcage. Hyosung came in with a piece of paper and she immediately gave it to me. I took it and quickly scanned it. My eyes kept looking down the piece of paper until I found it, Kim Residence. Without wasting another second I quickly thanked my assistant and left my office, ran to the elevator and off to my car. I passed by my dad who only looked at me with confusion but decided not to bother.
 
When I finally got into my car, I quickly typed the address onto my GPS and drove off. Now that I know where Kibum lives, I felt even more restless and anxious. I’m going to his house, to President Kim’s house, I thought. My fingers kept tapping the stirring wheel and I kept looking at my watch, six more hours and it’ll be two weeks since I last saw you, Kibum.
 
I’ve been driving for more than an hour when I finally arrived to my destination. The address was right. Right in front of me was a huge bedroom where a plaque that read Kim Residence on it. Only this gate was separating us, Kibum, a little bit more. I stayed inside my car for a while, thinking what I should do or say once I get off. When I finally decided to get off, I breathed deeply and opened my car door and went to the gate.
 
Just like back in the office, my heart was racing so fast but since I wanted to see Kibum immediately, I pressed the intercom and waited for someone to answer it.
 
“This is the Kim Residence. How may I help you?” said a female voice.
 
“Uh, hi, I’m Lee Jinki. I’m looking for Kim Kibum?” There was a long pause before the woman talked again. She sounded so unsure when she said, “Wait a moment, please.” I waited outside the gate and not long after, I heard the front door open and an old lady came out, walking towards the gate.
 
“Who are you? Why do you need to talk to young master Kibum?” I don’t know who she is and I’m positive that this is not Mrs. Kim, but the sound of her voice convinced me that she cares about Kibum just like I do.
 
“I’m Lee Jinki, and I’m Kibum’s boyfriend. Can I talk to him, please?” She eyed me carefully, looking if I was telling the truth and fortunately she did. Instead of letting me pass, she crossed her somewhat wrinkly arms on her chest and started asking me question, making her look like an interrogator and me as a prime suspect.
 
“When did you meet the young master?” she asked.
 
“More than three weeks ago,” I replied confidently.
 
“Only three weeks ago and you said you’re in relationship with him?” she shook her head in disbelief; she must now think I’m lying.
 
“Yes, we started going out a week after our meeting thanks to Minho and Taemin.”
 
She raised an eyebrow and said, “Minho and Taemin? Who are they?”
 
I sighed. “Taemin is my younger brother and he is dating Minho; the three of them go to the same university except for me because I’m already working. More than three weeks ago, Kibum was invited to Minho’s party, I was only accompanying my brother and that’s where Kibum and I met. A week after that, we became a couple and on the first day of our relationship, we parted in a not-so-good situation, causing us not to see other for two weeks.” I took a deep breath after all those sentences in one breathe and continued, “So now I’m here because I wanted to apologize and because I miss him so much and I wanted to see him again.”
 
By the time I finished talking, I was panting a little bit and when I looked at the old woman in front of my again, I saw that she was smiling.
“So I’m guessing you’re the cause why the second young master was feeling down and have been crying for days.”
 
Kibum had been crying for days because of me? Now I feel like an for not doing anything sooner. If only I hadn’t let Kibum go that time, if only I told him that everything is fine with me, then by now we should’ve been together eating somewhere.
 
“Now that you know about us, can I please talk to him?” I pleaded.
 
“Sure, of course you can. Just follow me.” We started walking toward the grand front door on the mansion and then I noticed some of the maids are gawking at me. Being uncomfortable with the stares I’m receiving, I quietly asked the ahujmma, “Why are they looking at me like that?”
 
“They’re looking at you because they’ve never seen anyone come to this household asking for young master Kibum,” she casually said. She was looking straight ahead of us and I saw a grand stair case where it spirals up to the second floor.
 
When we reached the second floor, she abruptly stopped walking, making me almost crash onto her and said, “Young master Kibum’s room is down the hallway, make a right turn and it’s the last room on your left. I assume you can go there by yourself?” I nodded.
 
She left me alone and I started walking to where she said was Kibum’s room. I turned right and kept my eyes on each door I passed. On each interval between the doors, there are vases filled with white lilies, creating a calming scent and just above those vases, there are either portraits of the family or just anything random. But one thing I noticed though was that there weren’t any portraits of Kibum, not even a single one. Confusion filled my mind. Maybe I’ll just ask Kibum later.
 
When I finally reached the last door, I tried breathing deeply to calm myself down again. Even though I’m on the other side of the door, I could hear faint sobbing and sniffs. Even now he’s still crying because of me, I thought. Not wanting to hear anymore of his sobs, I finally had the courage to knock on his door receiving a quiet “come in” from Kibum.
 
When I opened the door, I tried looking for him inside the huge bedroom. He was there on his bed, his back facing to me and was facing the other side of the room. He was completely wrapped around in his thick white duvet, and his sniffles continued. I walked closer to him and sat on the bed, lifting my right leg up so that I could sit comfortably and caress his hair.
 
He probably didn’t know it was me since he didn’t change his position. Minutes passed and never once did his sobs stopped, that’s when I finally made my presence known.
 
“Kibum,” I called softly, still caressing his hair. He suddenly tensed up after hearing my voice. He turned around to face me. As much as I wanted to keep myself from laughing, a small chuckle still managed to escape my lips. His eyes were so puffy and the way it struggled to widen itself after seeing me looked rather cute and adorable. His nose was shiny and dark pink from all the crying and then I saw a glimpse of his pillow – damp with a huge wet spot. I smiled to him and he immediately crushed into a tight hug.
 
His face was buried onto my neck and he cried even louder, soaking my dress shirt with his tears but I couldn’t care less. I soothingly rubbed his back, trying to calm him down. Even though I’ve only been able to touch him like this, I realized that I like this feeling – him wrapped in my arms and staying like this for as long as we wanted. When his tears subside, he lifted his face up and looked at me. Now I can barely see his eyes because it became even puffier than when I saw it. He couldn’t even breathe properly through his nose so his mouth was slightly agape.
 
“Hey, I’m sorry… I’m sorry that because of me you’ve been crying for days… Can you ever forgive this pabo in front of you for being so stupid and not letting you explain things to me?” I lifted my right hand and cupped his cheek, rubbing his cheekbone with my thumb drying his tears.
 
“You should be… because of you I can’t cry anymore because I don’t have any tears left…” he sniffed, burying his face again on my neck hiding.
 
“I’m really sorry, baby.” He looked so much like a kid that it made me smile. I just hugged him tight enough that our bodies are pressed together, giving each other our body heat. I kept rubbing his back while he played with the collar of my shirt, tracing random patterns, and blowing on the damp part to dry it a little bit. The moment felt so right, so comfortable that I could live being like this with Kibum. The sun was setting already giving the room its orangey glow. 
 
Kibum once again lifted his face up and looked at me straight in the eye. “How did you get here though? Did someone catch you climbing from the backyard? How did you manage to get pass from the guard?” He looked so worried about how I got here in the first place and I couldn’t help myself from pinching his cheeks, receiving a playful smack.
 
“Relax, okay. No one caught me because I got in from the front gate. Some ahjumma let me in when I explained to her why I wanted to talk to you.”
 
“Really?” he said, his eyes slight wide from shock.
 
“Yeah.” I nodded a little.
 
“Did you tell ahjumma about us?”
 
“Of course I did.”
 
“Did she say anything?”
 
“No, she just let me in. Why?” I thought that he’ll be mad that I told that person about our relationship but turns out he just let out a sigh of relief.
 
“Wait! What if Jonghyun and mom and dad come home? They’ll see you here!” He started panicking, climbing out of the bed trying to drag me somewhere to hide.
 
“It's fine, Kibum, I had someone checked their schedules. They won’t be home until tomorrow because they found out that we caught their spy lurking around our building so you don’t have to worry about anything, alright?” He seemed to think about it before I pulled him back to the bed and laid him down.
 
“Lay down with me,” he said quietly patting the space next to him and complied. I put the duvet over us as he used my arm as his pillow and snuggled to my side. I wrapped my other arms over him and said, “You know, for two weeks, I thought about us. About how complicated our relationship will be because of who we are. So if you’re fine with it, I want us to start over again. You know, tell each other everything, no more secrets between us.”
 
“I’d love that. And besides, how are we going to start a relationship if we don’t even know everything about one another, right?”
 
For the rest of day, we told each other everything – the things we haven’t told each other when we first met at Minho’s house. All the things I was curious about, he answered them and all the things he was curious about me, I answered them. Minute by minute, we’re finding new things about us. I found out about his past, about the lack of pictures on the hallway and about his parents keeping him from everyone. I wanted him to tell me why but apparently he also didn’t know that answer.
 
By the time, we finished telling everything, it was already dark and pretty late. I didn’t want to go home and leave Kibum but I have or else our renewed relationship will end. Kibum walked me up to the gate where my car was parked and before I went it, I hugged him as tight as I could and gave him a kiss. When the kiss ended, our foreheads rested against each another, letting us feel each other’s breath on our faces savouring the moment before we part again.
 
“Can I visit you again tomorrow?” I asked.
 
“Of course you can.” He smiled. I gave him another kiss before I let him go and went inside my car and drove off. I looked at my rear view mirror and saw him there still standing with his arms around his small body, giving me a small wave. I smiled, glad that everything is fine between us again. From now on, I’m not going to let something such as our family background to stop us from being with one another. I’m going to fight for him no matter what it takes because I love him and I know that Kibum will do the same for me.
 
It doesn’t matter if our families have rivalries as long as we have each other we’re fine with it. If they can’t accept us, then screw them because they’re not to control our lives. I’m going to make Kibum happy even if we’re not rich, even if we don’t live in huge houses and even if we don’t have anything left because our love is what can keep us going and together, we’re going to face everything that comes ahead of us.
 

 
A/N: 
aww... sigh... 
so what do you guys think??
please don't hesitate to tell me because i love reading your comment!! <3
until next time!!
- immaLocket029