Chapter 14 pt.1

Never Again
A/N:.
hey readers!! 
i haven't been upating lately, and to tell the truth i can only update once a month...
damn, good thing i only have at least 3 months of school left... (and im done with high school and ill be having a break from school for months so ill be able to update!!)
here's chap 14!!
enjoy!!
-immaLocket029

 
Jinki doesn't know anything, he doesn't know that Kibum suddenly ran off from his school and is now missing. The bodyguards responsible for keeping an eye on him were all scattered around the area looking for him, using their connections to broaden out their search all around the city. Just after his meeting, his secretary called him saying a man has been trying to contact him during his meeting. 

"Oh, Siwon, what's the matter?" he asked, feeling confused that the bodyguard was suddenly calling him. 

"Sir, Mr. Kibum is missing," he responded matter-of-factly. "Some students said he ran off from the school after a man talked to him. All we found left was his belongings." 

"What!? Weren't you supposed to be looking out for him how come he's missing now!?" he was mad, furious, and worried that Kibum was missing and no one has a single clue to where he is. Immediately he left his office after hanging up on Siwon, his anger getting the best of him. 

Ignoring the calls of his father to come back for the next meeting, Jinki went straight for the stairs as waiting for the elevator would only waste his time. He had to find Kibum and if he had to search for him to the end of the world he will. He tried calling his phone, only to be answered by Kibum's recorded voice saying that he is busy at the moment and will call back. Jinki kept trying and trying until he screamed in frustration, his echo going off throughout the stairwell. 

Once he was inside his car, he drove almost instantly and searched every street he passes by, looking carefully for the familiar face that he never want to lose from his sight. The lunch hour wasn’t helping as many employees from different companies either go for or come back from their lunch that Jinki had to get out from his car and search for Kibum by foot. 

He tried calling him again, but this time he was answered by a lady’s voice saying that his phone was turned off. He was panicking, he was worried, and he still hasn't found a single trace that will bring him to Kibum. Some people were already glancing at him but he didn’t pay them any attention. He called Siwon and asked if they found Kibum yet, “No, we haven’t yet, Mr. Jinki. Although we already extended our search throughout the city with our department’s help. By now, there are a hundred men looking for Kibum.”

Jinki hung up, still feeling frustrated and unsatisfied with the information given to him. He already asked Taemin if he had seen Kibum but was answered that he doesn't know. Instead, he asked his brother to go to his house in case Kibum would come home. 

Rain started pouring then, soaking everyone and everything. People who were outside started scattering around trying to get inside their building before they get completely wet, but Jinki couldn't care less if the rain was pouring down on him like there's no tomorrow. And since people are rushing, it became harder for him to find Kibum when all of them are passing by him in such fast pace that he couldn't get a good look at their faces. 

"Kibum, where on earth are you?" he asked himself, still walking around the busy streets of Seoul. 

Eventually Jinki went back to his car and started driving around, his eyes kept wandering everywhere. Hours had already gone by and it was dark. Even after hours of looking, he still hasn’t seen a single trace of Kibum wherever he looked. The tears that already fell from his eyes hours ago were still falling endlessly, his mind jumbled trying to figure out as to where would his boyfriend would be. 

His baby that he was trying so hard to protect from those who were trying to separate them. 

His baby that meant the whole world to him. 

His baby that changed his life completely and turned it upside down. 

His Kibum that he would risk his life for just so that they can be together.  
 

The sky grew dark and the trees' silhouette can barely be seen. Kibum still doesn't know what he should do next, which way he should take home, or even feel like moving at all. The rain had stopped pouring moments ago, his clothes still wet and he can feel the start of fever coming to him. He hadn't moved at all from the wooden bench he was sitting in, only switching his positing from time to time and only moving his gaze when he thinks he had memorized what his surrounding looked like. 

His eyes felt droopy and puffy from all the crying, his fingers and toes numb from the cold, and his body weak from not eating or drinking for hours. He tried to stand up from the bench, only to sit back down after a quick wave of dizziness overcame through him. Gently, he laid himself on the bench, pulling his knees up to his chest and let the fresh batch of tears that were already pooling in his eyes fall down, the drops making round wet patterns on the wood. 

He was already shivering, his whole body trembling as the fits of his coughing became the only sound throughout the area. "Jinki hyung..." he whispered, his voice cracking from the choked sobs he was trying to restrain. Eventually, he lets himself cry once again until everything just went black and Kibum lost consciousness. 


There are a hundred of them scattered around the city looking for one boy, and yet they still couldn't manage to find him even after hours of looking and connection used to expand their search. Siwon was already getting frustrated, internally blaming himself for not doing his job properly even though it's simple. "Look after Kibum and never let him get out of your sight." Jinki's words kept repeating itself inside his head millions of times but he still failed as body guard. 

Some of them were also frustrated, but most were panicked and worried as to where would Kibum go without anything with him. Ever since they've been hired, Ryeowook had been the closest to Kibum. His gentle character and soft voice, they got along pretty easy. Out of the twelve bodyguards, Kibum trusted him the most. As time goes by and none of the bodyguards has found the missing boy yet and Ryeowook was starting to blame himself for Kibum's disappearance, scolding himself for not being alert, for not doing his job properly, and not being good enough. 

He was already near the outskirts of Seoul, buildings already behind him as their bright lights illuminated the whole city. Ryeowook can barely see anything even with his flashlights, and even though it already stopped raining the search was still hard to do during the night. The ground was wet, puddles of water everywhere and Ryeowook doesn't care anymore if his shoes got wet as he walked over them. 

"Kibum!" he called, his voice echoing off in the distance again and again as if the trees were mocking him as replayed his voice until it faded. 

No one answered, but even so he kept calling his lost friend, hoping that he was just out there somewhere. The others had already informed him that they were going to have to stop searching for Kibum, but Ryeowook didn't listen. He kept going farther off the city, until he ended up in a deserted place. He looked around, seeing nothing but the tops if the buildings far off. 

Feeling exhausted after hours of nonstop searching, he decided to take a rest on a nearby bench. As he took closer steps towards it, he saw a faint shadow on the bench he was about to sit on. He can only see a faint outline of the shadow, but he was certain that it was a person lying down on it. Afraid that it might someone dangerous, his hand almost instantly went to grab his gun while his other hand holding out the flashlight was outstretched right in front of him for defence. Slowly taking his gun out and pointing it toward the man on the bench, he took closer steps towards him to nudge him awake. When the light from the flashlight came in contact with the man's face, he cried out in joy and relief. 

"Kibum-ah!" he immediately crouched down beside the other, nudging him lightly trying to wake him up. "Kibum, wake up!" 

Ryeowook kept nudging him, eventually shaking the other but to no avail, Kibum won't wake up. Carefully, he touched Kibum's face, only to retrieve his hand back after feeling the hot skin. "Oh god, you're burning up," he reached and pulled out his phone from his pocket and immediately called Siwon. 

"Siwon hyung! I found him! Come here quick! I don't know where I am now but look at GPS you installed on my phone that should tell you where I am. And bring Mr. Jinki with you," he cried before hanging up. 

He took Kibum's head onto his lap, noticing the damp clothes, "Ah, why did you let yourself get rained on, Kibum?" Ryeowook took off his sweater jacket and put it over Kibum's body, making sure to protect him from the cold as the night deepens. He was getting impatient waiting for Siwon, looking around left and right for a sign that they finally arrived. 

After quite sometime, Ryeowook heard a faint sound of a car going towards them, his eyes lit up seeing the exterior of the familiar car. "Siwon hyung!" he called as the said man got out of the car, a worried Jinki behind him. 

"Kibum!" he called, immediately running towards his boyfriend who was still unconscious. He quickly pulled Kibum closer to him and hugged him, feeling the hotness of his skin and the slight trembling of his body. "Hey, Kibum, wake up for me, please." 

He only received a whimper in response from the younger, making him take off his jacket and put it around Kibum's body. With a little help from Ryeowook and Siwon, he lifted up Kibum bridal style and walked towards the car. Even though they already found him, he was still worried with Kibum's condition and the reason why he ran away. He already had an idea about it - the man the bodyguards said who talked to Kibum before he ran away would probably be either Jonghyun or Kibum's father himself. Although Jonghyun being the reason was more believable than his father coming to his school just to see him. 

Inside the car's backseat, Jinki can still feel Kibum's body shivering even though the heater was already high and two jackets were wrapped around him. Kibum's head was on his lap, beads of cold sweat forming on his forehead, his facial expression shows he was in pain that Jinki couldn't relieve and his lips turning chalky. Since it was already late and few cars were still on the road, they managed to speed past them and arrived at Jinki's house fairly quickly. 

When he heard the door being opened, Taemin quickly ran to the hallway to see his brother carrying an unconscious Kibum with Siwon and Ryeowook behind him. "Oh my God, what happened to him?" he moved to the side so Jinki could come in and immediately followed him to the living room. 

"Taemin-ah, can you get me basin of warm water and a towel, please?" Jinki asked, carefully laying Kibum on the couch. Taemin nodded and disappeared. "Minho, get me the medicine from the bathroom cabinet, please?" Minho nodded and hurriedly ran upstairs. "Siwon, Ryeowook, you two are dismissed now. Thank you for the help." Jinki looked at them with gratefulness and watches as the two leave.  

"Here you go, hyung," Taemin said as he came back with the basin and the towel. 

He remained standing up beside his brother, watching him take care of his sick boyfriend. He doesn't know what really happened, but from what he can see, it was obvious that it was serious. Soon after, Minho came back carrying a small bottle of medicine, putting it down on the coffee table near Jinki. He went to stand by Taemin's side, wrapping an arm around his shoulders and rubbed his arm up and down, feeling the younger's worry and concern for their friend. 

All night, Jinki did all he can to reduce Kibum's fever. Staying up and watching over him, once in a while checking the thermometer looking if his temperature decreased to normal, replacing the damp towel and giving him water to keep him hydrated. Even though he can feel sleepiness and exhaustion taking over his body, he tried hard not to let himself fall asleep until Kibum gets better. 


When morning came, Jinki found himself asleep beside Kibum with his head resting on his arms and legs still crossed on the floor while Taemin and Minho was asleep on the other couch. For hours of being on the same position, his body felt numb. But as soon as his eyes landed on Kibum, he immediately became alert and forgot about himself as he checked once again if the fever is finally gone. 

He felt that Kibum's body temperature was back to normal but he wasn't awake yet. He stretched his body, some of his bones creaking and he can feel the rush his blood was doing as it circulated through his body once again. As he got up, he took the basin of water and went to the bathroom to throw the liquid away. Jinki caught sight of his reflection on the mirror, dark circles just beneath his eyes for staying up late. As he was putting clean water in the basin, he hears Kibum's hoarse voice calling for him. 

Jinki immediately ran down the steps careful not spill the water and when he came back to the living room, he put the basin down on the table and crouched beside his boyfriend. "Kibum-ah, hey baby, how are you feeling?" 

Kibum tried to sit up but with his strength drained out of him from the day before made him fall back down. “I feel awful, hyung. My head hurts really bad, I can't breath through my nose, and... and why in the world is everything spinning?" he murmured as he closed his eyes. 

The older laughed a little bit in relief that his boyfriend still managed to be humorous despite being sick. "Here, drink some water first while I cook you something to eat, you haven't eaten anything at all since yesterday afternoon." Jinki began to stand up when suddenly Kibum grabbed his wrist. 

"Hyung... I... I'm sorry..." When he looked at the younger, Jinki saw tears pooling at his eyes as Kibum stared up at him with an apologetic expression on his face. He can feel Kibum's trembling body with the way the younger held his wrist, the younger's choked sobs sending pain straight to his heart. 

He knelt down beside Kibum and wiped away his tears from his face, "Why are you saying sorry, Kibum? It wasn't your fault, hm? You don't have to apologize for something like that. I may not know the exact reason why you ran away, but right now all that matters is that you're okay." 

Kibum hugged him as he buried his face onto Jinki's neck and nuzzled himself, feeling safe in his boyfriend's arms. Soon after Taemin and Minho woke up, both of them relieved that Kibum was finally awake and Jinki was feeding him.  

"Hyung, what time is it?" Taemin asked his brother, his eyes still half closed from sleep. 

"It's already past six thirty so you two better wake up and wash up," Jinki replied, not even taking his eyes off of Kibum who was trying to eat the porridge that he cooked earlier but because of his lack of appetite, he kept forcing himself to eat. 

"Can we not go to school today, hyung?" Minho groaned as he rolled himself to his side, the palms of his hands rubbing the sleep from his eyes and forced them to open. 

"Yeah, hyung. We'd rather stay with you two than go to that hell." Taemin piped in sitting up with closed eyes and head hung low. 

"It's your choice, Tae. You're old enough to make your decisions." 

"Yay, can I go sleep in your room, then?" Taemin was starting to mumble as sleep was taking over him and Jinki let him. Taemin went upstairs towards his brother's bedroom, letting himself fall back and fell asleep almost instantly. Minho on the other decided to get up, however, not to wash up and prepare for school but to get his daily exercise. 

 

JINKI'S POV 

When it was just the two of us in the living room - with Taemin asleep and Minho going out - Kibum finally regained enough strength for him to stay sitting up. Even though he didn't manage to finish eating, I just let it go because I don't want to force him. "How did you find me, hyung?" Kibum asked softly, looking down at his lap where his hands where fiddling his fingers. 

"Ryeowook did, not me. Although I wish I did," I replied, mentally thanking Ryeowook for what he did. 

I put down the tray of food I was balancing on my lap and sat down next to Kibum. I took his hand and held tight enough, feeling the warmth radiate from his skin. He leaned against me and I wrapped my arms around him. "Kibum," I said softly. He hummed in response and I continued, "Please tell me what happened last night." 

I felt his body stiffened for a short while before slowly relaxing. He didn't say anything although I could tell that he trying to find how to tell me properly. "Baby, please. You disappeared for hours without anyone knowing where you went and you ended in a secluded place outside the city." 

"I got scared," Kibum replied, his voice almost a whisper. His hands clenched on my shirt, his weak body beginning to tremble and I just can't help but wonder how much more we have to endure because of our relationship. 

Kibum was never the strong type of person, he cries occasionally, he gets sick, and when he's got something that worries him it stresses him to the point of losing sleep. I've learned that much about him and now that things are starting to become complicated with his father finding out about us, it scares me that he will break down. I want to be there to protect him, I want to be there when things go wrong, I want to be there when everything else fails. But how can I when I don't have the slightest clue to do it? 

I knew what I'm doing right now is not enough; even with the bodyguards by his side it was still unavoidable. "Was it Jonghyun who talked to you?" I asked him, my body stiffening as I waited for his answer. I felt him nod, and unconsciously I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. "What did he tell you?" 

"He told me that he knew about us, that he'd been watching us because of those guys he hired to follow us and that my father probably knows about us already. Jinki hyung, I'm scared. The last time I talked to him was years ago but I know for sure that he'll do something to break us apart. He can do whatever he wants and he's capable of doing it." 

"It's alright, Kibum, I'm right here, it's okay. I'll do everything to protect you and I'm not going to let your father come between us." As soon as the words came out, something hit me and the confidence I thought I had almost shattered: EASY TO SAY, HARD TO BE DONE. 

 

When days passed after that incident, I noticed that there's something that changed with Kibum. I knew he wasn't getting enough sleep because he kept stressing over these problems we're currently facing. Even the slightest thud can make him jump as if he had been electrified. I noticed sometimes that he was in a daze, his eyes looking at nothing in particular. And one time I held his wrist, he was definitely much thinner than before that I came to a realization that this must stop. 

Ever since what happened and even though there are still bodyguards that accompany Kibum to and from school, I still can't shake off the feeling that something might happen again while I'm not there with him. I'm always afraid that he would run off to somewhere farther than before and I would never see him again. Although to me, the worst case scenario would be his father getting hold of him and it would be the end for us. 

Since it was my day off and I have nothing to do inside the house, I decided to do what I've been planning to do for days. It might hurt my pride but I don't care, I just need to make him understand that what he's doing is hurting his brother completely. When I arrived at Kim Industries, it was probably the first time I've felt so nervous. Compared to the time I went to their mansion to talk to Kibum after our first fight, this was definitely worse than that because this time I'll be talking to Jonghyun without Kibum by my side. And if fate decided to play a little joke on me, I might even get a chance to encounter Mr. Kim himself. 

Breathing deeply for a couple of minutes, I got out of my car and headed towards the building's entrance, receiving looks from almost everyone and I could they were wondering why Lee Jinki from Lee Corp. is inside the rival's territory. "Hi, I'm Lee Jinki. Can I talk to Kim Jonghyun, please?" I asked to the female receptionist. She was obviously dazed and surprised to see me that it took her a minute to respond. 

“He’s… he’s not available right now, sir. He’s in a meeting with the board members and other executives,” she stammered.

“Is that so?" she nodded, "Can I wait for him in his office then?" 

"I'm not... sure about that, sir," she began but I cut her off, "Please, it's important." 

She was still hesitating as she looked around, her brows on her face almost meeting in the middle as she thought about it. Reluctantly, she agreed and she told which floor Jonghyun's office is located. Before I walked away I told her, "Hey, if you get fired because of this just give me a call and I'll hire you immediately. You have no idea how much you're helping me because of this." 

On the way to the elevator and up to where Jonghyun's office was, I was being stared at and these people didn't even bother lowering their voices when whispering about me. As I got closer, I found myself thinking about backing out and leaving, postponing all this and do it some other time. When? I don't know. But I can't back out now, this if for me and Kibum so I have to do it. When the 'ding!' of the elevator reached my ears, I breathed deeply and stepped out. 

This is it, I thought as I stopped on front of the door that said 'Kim Jonghyun, Vice President Kim Industries.' When I came in, there was another small reception where a girl was talking on the phone and nodding her head. "Mr. Lee?" she called and almost instantly my head whipped from surprise to look at her. 

"Yeah?" I replied. 

"Mr. Kim will meet you in ten minutes. You can go and wait for him in his office." she gave me smile and I nodded in response. I walked inside and suddenly I felt like I'm trapped inside and no way out. My heart was beating faster than it did when I was in the elevator as I kept pacing around trying to calm myself. I must have been thinking too hard that I didn't notice the door opening and Jonghyun walking in. 

"Well, well, well. Look do we have here, Lee Jinki himself. Please, take a seat; people will think I'm rude if I just let my guest standing." He was about to seat in one of the leather chairs when I told him, "No thanks, I wouldn't be here that long anyway. I'll be straight to the point." 

"Go ahead then, let's get this over with. Why are you here and what do you want?" he narrowed his eyes at me, that friendly look I saw on his face seconds ago was immediately replaced with a cold and hard mask that I knew underneath it was pure hatred directed towards me. 

"Whatever you and your father are planning to do, stop it now," I said through clenched teeth, staring right back at him and never letting myself get intimidated. 

"And what makes you think that we'll do what you wanted?" he smirked lightly, tilting his head to the side ad just the way he looked right now made me want to beat him up. 

"Because it's hurting Kibum, that's why. Do you have any idea what he's been going through after you went to his school? He's been paranoid for days. He hasn't been eating or sleeping properly and... And just knowing that you and your father were planning something, it's already making him like this." 

"End things with him then. It's the only thing you can do in this situation, Jinki. End your relationship with him and everything between the two of you and return him." He said casually, leaning against his desk with his arms crossed. 

"What do you take Kibum for, huh, Jonghyun; some kind of property that you can just take and keep not caring if it's broken or not? Do you even care about what Kibum feels?" 

Everything he says angers me, the way he thinks all of this as some kind of game makes me want to go over in front of him and beat the out of him. He's a bastard then if he thinks that way about this situation. 

"Kibum is my brother, Jinki, and I'm not going to let him be with someone like you," Jonghyun spat at me, obviously trying to control himself. 

"Brother? Is this how you treat brothers?" I questioned him, baffled that he even thought of himself as a brother when he's clearly not like it towards Kibum.

"You don't know anything about our family, Jinki. You're acting like you know everything when you obviously don't. So, before my anger get the best of me you better leave now." 

"I may not know everything, but I know enough to see what's best for Kibum. And right now, I think it's best if you leave him alone otherwise I will be forced to do something against you and your father," I said confidently before leaving his office without another glance. 

I was about to open the door when I heard him say, "What you're doing right now will hurt him, Jinki. Because of you, Kibum will get hurt. Because of you, I might not even be able to protect him from our father. Have you ever thought that maybe you're the reason behind all these and that because of you, Kibum will have to suffer and pay for the consequences of your relationship with him? I guess not, because otherwise you wouldn't have let your relationship go to too far and just let Kibum go the minute you found out who he really is." I froze momentarily, standing there with my hand still on the door knob. His words rang inside my head, and as much as I don't want to admit it, it made me doubt myself and my decision about all this. 

I left his office and the building without another glance. Inside my car, I couldn't concentrate on where I was going as my head kept replaying my conversation with Jonghyun especially that last statement from him. Is it really because of me that this is happening to Kibum? Am I the one who should be blamed for all that's been happening to him? If I am, should I be the one to fix it by leaving him and end things between us?
 

 
A/N: 
this chapter is cut in half because when i was writing it, i didnt notice the word count...
and guess what?? this is the longest ever as it reached 8, 170 words on MS word...
damn... and im dying whenever i write my assignments... 
so the other half is up next... 
keep reading!! 's about to get real for ONKEY...