Chapter 6

Never Again
hey guys!! another update!!
and since it's KEY'S AMAZING BIRTHDAY... i decided to make it extra long... and by long i meant really loooooooooooooong....
my longest chapter yet so it's a new record for me...
btw... sorry for not updating for two days, i've been busy at school and tired...
so yeah... hope this chapter can make up for it...
enjoy!! and remember to subscribe and comment!!
- immaLocket029
 

 
JINKI’S POV
 
Kibums’ lips are on mine, and mine on his. No tongues fighting, no teeth gnashing, just a simple kiss; simple yet wonderful. I thought at first that he would tilt his head to the side and avoid the kiss, but instead he closed his eyes and inched closer until our lips met. He tasted sweet like vanilla and hot like mint. I wonder what he was eating before.
 
The kiss ended gently just like how it started, leaving me disappointed and wanting for more. When I looked at Kibum’s eyes, they were shining a little bit and his cheeks flushed a beautiful shade of pink. The sudden movement of his hands made me realized that they were resting on my chest and that my hands were on his hips, now it’s my turn to flush at how intimate we looked.  If the atmosphere before was comfortable, now it’s full of awkwardness. Sigh, Lee Jinki…
 
“So… I guess… I guess you’re my boyfriend now?” I asked hesitantly. Kibum was biting his lower lip, making me want to kiss it again, remembering how soft they are against mine.
 
“Do you want me to be your boyfriend?” he asked back.
 
My shoulders slumped a little bit. What if he was just playing with me? What if here really doesn’t feel the same way as I do? Lee Jinki, you’re an idiot. He kissed you back didn’t he? A voice said to me. “Of course I do.” the voice inside my head was still having its effect on me, making my voice sound so pitiful.
 
Instead of answering back, he kissed me again. This time, he cupped my face between his hands securing my face against his. My arms moved automatically on its own, wrapping themselves around his slim body pressing him closer to me. This time, the kiss was much longer, just a little bit of tongue swiping but nothing else. My lungs were starting to ache from the lack of air, and I could tell he wanted to breathe, too, but somehow we just couldn’t stop. Unfortunately, we had to when someone knocked on my door interrupting this beautiful moment.
 
“Yeah?” I said, waiting for the bastard who decided to ruin this moment.
 
“Hey, Jinks. Sorry to interrupt but we still have an emergency to attend to,” Joon poked his slowly. This bastard is really ruining everything for me.
 
“You know what, Joon. One more disturbance from you and I’ll fire your sorry out of here, you hear me?” I threatened. I made my voice to sound as serious as possible yet Joon only laughed.
 
“Fire me? Haha! Yeah right! Uncle’s the only one who can fire me so too bad. Anywho, who’s the kid?” he asked, pointing his chin towards my boyfriend. Huh, that sounded wonderful. My boyfriend, my Kibum.
 
“This,” I started pulling Kibum closer to me and putting an arm around his shoulder and continued, “beautiful creature right here, is my boyfriend.” I said proudly, grinning from ear to ear.
 
“Your boyfriend? You have a boyfriend?” he exclaimed, putting a stress on the word boyfriend. I nodded. “Since when? How come I didn’t know about this?” he then started babbling about random things but mostly about me not telling him anything.
 
“Joon, we just became a couple today so stop pacing around like a psycho and sit down.”
 
“Really? That’s good then. I’m Lee Joon, by the way,” he said, extending arm towards Kibum. But before they hands could even touch, I snatched Kibum’s hand away and led him to one of the chairs, leaving Joon pouting.
 
“So what was the emergency?” I just wanted to get to the point fast so that Joon leave immediately and I can have my alone time with Kibum.
 
“Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me, bro. Geez, I always forget things when I’m distracted.” I rolled my eyes while took a seat on the last chair. “So, as I was saying, one of my sources said that Kim Industries are making a new clothing line. It’s like they know everything that we’re doing. I mean, didn’t Tiffany came up with the idea of us creating our own line?”
 
Creating their own clothing line, huh? Seriously, they’re copying us again. Those bastards! I bet Jonghyun sent someone to spy on us because if he didn’t how would they know about our future plans?
 
“Hey, Jinks. I think I know what you’re thinkin’. You think Jonghyun is behind is all this, don’t you?” I nodded. “Yeah, I think the same.”
 
“Jonghyun? President Kim’s son?” Kibum asked. I looked at him shocked.
 
“How did you know about that?”
 
“I just know from newspaper and TV. No big deal.” He smiled a little bit. I almost thought that he knows Jonghyun personally.
 
“Oh, okay then.”
 
Three and a half hours had passed when we finished discussing about that matter. Joon finally left my office and when I looked at Kibum he was already sleeping. He looks so cute and adorable, his knees were brought up to his chest, his arms wrapped around them and he was sleeping on his side. The sun was already setting and I decided to let Kibum sleep a little bit more until I got off from work. Not wanting to let this moment pass, I pulled out my phone and took a picture of the sleeping angel.
 
When I was done, I made Kibum’s sleeping image as my background. That way, I can always see him whenever we’re not together.
 
 
KIBUM’S POV
 
When I woke, my back felt a little bit sore from the way I fell asleep on the chair. Huh? Where am I? This isn’t my room, and then I remembered that I was in Jinki’s office. From the way the room looks, it must be dark outside. I looked at my watch and saw that it was already eight in the evening and Jinki was nowhere.
 
“Jinki hyung?” I called and received no answer. “Jinki hyung?” I tried again. Where is he? Then the door opened and the person I’ve been looking for came in with two cups of coffee on a cardboard tray.
 
“Oh hey, Kibum! I was just going to wake you up. Want some coffee?” he offered. I took one of the steaming beverages and took a small sip, careful not to burn my tongue.
 
“How was your nap?” he asked me, chuckling a little bit.
 
“Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?” I asked back. “I didn’t want to disturb you because you look tired. What were you doing yesterday that made you look so tired like that?” he looked at me with concern and suddenly I felt bad that I made him worried.
 
“I didn’t do anything yesterday. I was just at home, slept through most of the day and that’s it.”
 
He probably didn’t believe my words because the way his eyes looked it seems like he thinks I’m lying. “Are you sure?” he asked again and nodded my head furiously. “Okay then. I just wanted to make sure you’re not doing anything that stresses you.”
 
He’s only been my boyfriend for a few hours but he cares for me like we’ve been married for years. Boyfriend? Married? Those two words sounded so beautiful to my ears. How long can Jinki and I last? How long will our relationship last? Will this be just a short time fling? How can I be so judgemental? I’m supposed to trust him not doubt him. Right?
 
“Come on, let’s go eat dinner,” he suddenly said, taking my free hand with his. He took his things with him and let me out of his office, saying goodbye to the two secretaries sitting at the reception desk.
 
“What? Can you go now, I mean isn’t your work supposed to end in an hour?” Now that I know that Jinki was the owner’s son, isn’t he supposed to be working much more diligently so that his father won’t be disappointed? But now he’s leaving his office an hour early just so that he could dinner with me?
 
“Come on, Kibum. I want to spend more time with you. You just became my boyfriend and we already got interrupted twice today because of that idiot, Joon, and now that its night, there’s only a couple more hours before I have to send you home. You see where I’m getting at?” he asked me. As childish as it may seem, he was right. We’ve been interrupted twice and then I fell asleep in his office and now that the day is coming to its end, I’m being selfish.
 
“Fine, but if someone got mad because you left work early, don’t you ever blame me.” He smiled that adorable smile, making my heart melt into a puddle of goo. We got to his car and like a gentleman, he opened the passenger door for me and once I got in, he walked to the other side and we drove off.
 
“So, what do you want to eat? Italian, Japanese, or plain Korean?” hmm, Italian food sounds nice. I like pastas. Japanese, I just ate sushi last week. Korean, meh, I always eat Korean food.
 
“Are you going to pay for it?” I playfully asked and he laughed.
 
“Of course I will pay! This is our first official date as a couple, and as your boyfriend of course I’m going to pay.” His smile never once left his face ever since we were at the parking lot. And now, that smile got a whole lot bigger showing all of his white rows of teeth.
 
“Okay, then. I want to eat… Italian!” I happily exclaimed.
 
“Italian it is!”
 
After thirty-minutes, we arrived to a fancy Italian restaurant that looked like only the richest people could afford.  Everything looked so classy and elegant, especially how it look at night. The exterior was indescribable; there are lanterns hanging from the palm trees that created a pathway for the guests to walk through. When we got in, I was completely awestruck. Even though the inside of the restaurant was dimly lit by the chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, everything was still elegant.
 
“Table for two,” Jinki hyung said to the male receptionist, signalling a male waiter to attend us, leading us to a table near the windows facing an amazing view of the fountain located outside. The fountain itself was lit by fluorescent lights of different colours. I was about to sit on my chair when suddenly Jinki hyung decided to become a gentleman again when he pulled the chair a little bit for me and pushed it back when I was properly seated.
 
“Good evening, I’ll be your server for today and here are your menus. When you know and decided what to order, please don’t hesitate to call me.” The waiter gave us thick menus before he left and Jinki hyung and I started scanning down the menu. My eyes widened a little bit after seeing the numbers on it. Why would someone sell their pasta for a freaking hundred bucks? It’s not even a big plate of pasta, just a small serving of it.
 
“Uhh, Jinki hyung…” I whispered and he hummed in response. “Are you sure you’re going to pay for this? I mean, the foods are so expensive. Can we go to somewhere else, you know somewhere cheaper?”
 
His scanning eyes looked up at me and he smile, “Kibum, its okay. I’ve been here a couple of times so it’s no problem with me paying for our food. And I already told you, this is our first official date so I want to be special.”
 
“I know this is our first date but come on, hyung, a hundred bucks for a freaking small plate of pasta? Are they serious?” Jinki hyung snickered and I had a small urge to kick him on the shins.
 
“Kibum, this is a five star restaurant of course the food would be expensive. Are you forgetting who I am?” He raised an eyebrow at me and then I remembered. Of course he would bring me to somewhere expensive. His dad is one of the richest businessman in the country, and so is my dad but I’ve never eaten something so expensive before.
 
“But…”
 
“Kibum, relax, okay. Stop worrying about the price. I can take care of it, hm?” His hand reached out over the table and took mine to his, holding it carefully.  
 
“Fine.” No matter how much I try not to worry about the price, those numbers just kept mocking me. Not wanting to look at it any longer, I just chose whatever my eyes landed on. Spaghetti con Pollo all’ Aglio, a grilled chicken dish on a garlic cream sauce with pancetta, spinach and peppers. That doesn’t sound so bad I guess.
 
“Have you decided on what you wanted to eat?” he asked, I nodded. Jinki hyung then called our server and hyung told him what he and I wanted to eat. The waiter took the menus from us and left, leaving me and Jinki hyung alone.
 
He was just smiling at me like a creeper and I felt my cheeks heat up. Even in the dim light I feel like he Jinki hyung could see how red my cheeks are because then he laughed. “You’re so adorable.” He mumbled.
 
“Stop that, geez.” I said, giggling like a high school girl.
 
“Stop what?” he asked in fake innocence.
 
“You know what I mean!” And the rest of the night was filled with only laughter. In my twenty-one years of life, I must say that is probably the sweetest ever. The whole night, Jinki hyung was being a gentleman to me, always doing cheesy things such as wiping the corner of my lip when there was sauce on it, letting me taste his food and feeding me (I also did the same to him, fyi) and even muttering cheesy pick up lines that always made me crack up. We were in a high class restaurant but it seems like we were the loudest to the point that people were already looking at us in disbelief.
Instead of ignoring it, Jinki hyung even told them to mind their own business because he didn’t give a when we were being too loud and the other customers glared at us in even more disbelief making Jinki hyung laugh louder. Yes, he was being obnoxious but I’m fine with it because he was doing it because of me.
 
When we finished our dinner, Jinki hyung decided to order us some dessert before going home. I refused politely because honestly, my stomach is full already and I don’t think I can eat anymore. But he insisted, saying that it was his favourite dessert in the restaurant and that I have to try it before going home. I hesitantly agreed, making him promise that we’ll share it because I might not be able to finish it by myself.
 
It was a heart-shaped chocolate pudding and just the sight of it made my mouth water. It looked so delicious and I can’t wait to try it. Just like before he fed me the dessert and as soon it met my tongue, I squealed, “Wah! This is so good! ah!” Jinki hyung laughed, feeding me again. I didn’t want to be selfish so I fed him, too, purposefully letting some of it to go to his nose.
 
“Yah!” he exclaimed. He looked so cute that it made me laugh. To other people, we probably looked like a high school couple, playing around, being loud and just having fun. There was only a small bite left of the pudding and Jinki hyung quickly took it from the small plate and put it in his mouth.
 
“Hey, that’s not fair. You ate the most of the pudding.” I pouted and crossed my arms across my chest and glared at him as best as I could.
 
“Sorry. Here you can have some.” At first I was confused with what he said. He stood up from his chair, walked to my side and kneeled beside me. He leaned closer to my face and all of a sudden, my mouth was filled with the chocolate pudding. That’s when I realized that he shared the pudding that was in his mouth with me, creating a pudding kiss. (wow.. another lame name from me… I … >_<)
 
He broke the kiss, a string of saliva between our lips. I can only gulp and bring the lump that was stuck in my throat to go down. It was so unexpected and I have no words to describe it. Jinki hyung was still kneeled beside me, our eyes at the same level and he was looking at me straight in the eyes. I avoided the gaze and then saw that some of the customers inside the restaurant were looking at us, their eyes wide in shock. I looked back at Jinki hyung and his gaze was still the same.
 
After at least a minute of silence, I smiled at him and gave him a peck on the lips and everything was back to normal. He called our waiter for the cheque so that we could leave. Once the food were paid, we immediately left laughing as loud as we can remembering how those people looked after that unsual kiss.
 
The drive home comfortable, it was already late and I’m starting to feel sleepy. Jinki hyung slightly reclined my seat so that I’d be even more comfortable on the way home. Every once in a while I could him caressing the side of my face and occasionally keeping my hair out of my face. I was already dreaming when suddenly I remembered that I haven’t told Jinki hyung about where I live. From the sudden realization, I bolted straight up from my seat, shocking the man next to me.
 
“What’s wrong? Did you have a nightmare?” he looked at carefully, glancing once in a while at my direction since he was still driving.
 
“Uhmm… where are we now?” I asked, looking out the car’s window and noticed that we almost passed downtown.
 
“We just passed downtown. Oh yeah, where you live anyway? I wanted to take you home.”
 
“No thanks, Jinki hyung. Not now. You can drop me off here I’ll just take a cab. Besides its already late and you still have work tomorrow.”
 
“Kibum, no, you said it yourself; it’s late already so I’m going to drive you home. Now tell me where do you live?”
 
How am I supposed to tell him about this? He can’t know that I’m related to Jonghyun, at least not yet. What should I do? Without me realizing it, Jinki hyung stopped the car beside the side walk and turned to face me. He took both of my hands onto his, holding it tight enough and caressing the skin with his thumbs.
 
“Key… I know we’re just getting started but please. Don’t keep things from me. We just met a week ago, yes, I know that… but… I wanted to get to know you more. I wanted to know everything about you, everything that makes up the person right in front of me… Please…”
 
He’s right. He is completely right. If we’re going to be in relationship, we have to tell each other everything. But what if he finds out about me? About my family? About my past? Will he leave me? Will he abandon me just like how my parents did to me? My eyes are already stinging from unshed tears and moments later they were rolling down my cheeks.
 
“Key…” he whispered, his hand lifting up and wiping my tears that kept flowing down non-stop. 
 
I can’t stop crying. I’m way too scared to tell him. What if he can’t accept who I really am? “J-jinki hyung… if… I-if tell y-you the t-truth… w-will you promise m-me that you w-won’t get mad at m-me? T-that you will n-never ever l-leave my s-side?”
 
“Of course I promise. I promise that whatever it is, I will never, ever get mad at you or leave you. Please just tell me, Key.”
 
I tried making my breath go back to normal, after a few minutes of calming myself down I can finally talk properly. “My name is Kim Kibum… and Kim Jonghyun is my older brother. I’m Kim Youngwoon's second son.” 
 

 
A/N: 
Kibum told Jinki the truth!! 
What's going to happen next??
Please comment and subsribce and wait for the next update!!
-immaLocket029