Chapter 4

Never Again
A/N:
chapter 4!!
woot!!
this is the finished version so yeah...
enjoy guys!!
-immaLocket029
 

 
“What are you doing?” a voice said behind me and a strong pair of arms wrapping themselves around me. Without turning around, I know that voice very well. “Nothing, I’m just thinking about our future.” I answered, leaning back to his broad chest.
 
The scene before me was breathtaking, the setting sun glowing on the horizon, the cool breeze blowing lightly, and the sound of the ocean creating a soft, calming background music. “Our future?” he asked and I nodded. “Baby, you don’t have to worry about our future. We’re already married and together, we’ll adopt kids if you want, and we’ll all live happily forever.”
 
That’s right, we’re married and this is our honeymoon. On our wedding day, I felt like I was the happiest person on earth, and when he took my hand on his and promised to stay by my side forever in front of everyone, I couldn’t ask for anything else. I’m happy to be with him, to be wrapped in his arms like this, and be together.
 
Everything just looked so perfect right now, just like how I wished my life to be. Before, my life looked perfect to other people when it really wasn’t. There’s no happiness and freedom, I’m like a bird locked up in a cage, only being fed and taken care of not because they wanted to but because they have to. When he came to my life, that’s when I can finally call my life perfect. I became free, and I feel like I can do whatever I want without anyone stopping and with no restraint.
 
I turned around and face my now husband. I can feel his strong build against mine, his skin, his hair, and breath on me but I couldn’t see his face. He’s taller than me by a few centimetres and I can see that he’s as pale as me. Everything became blurry then, my husband fading away when his arms slipped from my body.
I tried holding on but I couldn’t reach him. He’s being taken away from me and there’s nothing I can do about it.
 
“Don’t go!” I screamed over and over again, but nothing. He’s completely gone and I’m all alone again. My knees buckled and I fell, my tears rolling down my cheeks non-stop. It’s getting hard for me to breathe, my lungs burning. “Key.” Someone whispered but when I looked around there’s no one in sight. I tried getting up but failed a few times since my legs feel wobbly and when I managed to get up from the floor, I looked to where the voice was coming from.
 
“Key.” The voice called again. It was unrecognizable, but something inside my brain tells me to keep listening. “Key, wake up.” Wake up? What’s going on? I’m not asleep so why should I wake up. “Key, wake up.” And then my husband appeared again, his face still unknown to me. “Key, you should wake up now,” he said. I walked closer to him and everything was gone.
 
I opened my eyes, my breathing heavy and beads of sweat rolling down my temples. Was it a dream or nightmare? “Young master, are you okay? You seem to be having a nightmare.” That’s when I noticed a maid was standing beside my bed looking at me with concern. It was just a nightmare then. But how come it hurts when I couldn’t see the man’s face?
 
I sat up but fell back again when I felt sharp pain on my head. “Can you bring me some pain killers, please? My head hurts.” I said and the maid left. Trying to relieve some of the pain, I rubbed my temples slightly in a circular motion but it doesn’t seem to work. After trying a few more times, I gave up and just waited for the pain killers.
 
Who was that guy really? Do I know him? Ugh, who I keep thinking about that dream? It’s nothing right? Just some stupid dream that mind is trying to play on me. But somehow, a part of me is wishing that the dream might come true. That I finally found someone I love and someone who I want to spend the rest of my life with.
 
JINKI. That one name popped up my mind all of a sudden. Why him? And then my heart started beating faster, beating so fast it might burst out of my rib cage.
Oh gosh, now I wonder what Jinki hyung’s doing. Is he awake already? He probably is since it’s almost noon. What is he doing then? Does he have work? What kind of work is it? Did he sleep properly, since we both got home late this morning he probably had a head ache like I do right now. Now I sound like a mother, or a wife, whichever suits me?
 
“Young master, here are the pain killers you requested.” Am I that busy thinking about Jinki hyung that I didn’t hear the door open and the maid come in? Maybe. “Thanks, you can put it there on the coffee table.”
 
“Young master, do you need something else? Do you still want to eat breakfast or just eat lunch?”
 
“Lunch is fine. Thank you, you may leave now.” And the maid left. Well, I guess there’s no point in missing someone you don’t even know very well. I don’t even know where he lives, his phone number… Ah! Minho probably has his number since Jinki hyung mentioned that they’ve known each other for years. Without any hesitation, I got up from my head ignoring the throbbing pain and looked frantically for my phone and when I found it I hurriedly looked for Minho’s number on my contact list and pressed “Call”.
 
“Hello?" Minho said on the other line.
 
“Hey, Minho, it’s me, Kibum.” 
 
“Oh, hey, Kibum! Wow, I’m surprised you called me first. And just to let you know, this isyour first call to me. So, what do you need?” He does sound shocked that I called him. Well, even though we have each other’s number on our phone for quite a while, I’ve never called him before. He was always the one to call asking me to come to parties with him and Taemin or just to annoy the hell out of me.
 
“Well, I was kind of wondering if… if you have… you know…” My heart is still beating so fast and I’m so nervous I can’t seem to finish my sentence and what I wanted to ask.   
 
“Come on, Kibum. Just say it. It’s probably not that hard to say, right?” Minho urged. He’s right. It’s not that hard to say, I just need to ask for something and that’s it. It’s that simple. Okay, Kibum. Breathe in, breathe out.
 
“Do you have Jinki hyung’s phone number?” I finally managed to ask in one sentence, a huge weight lifted off from my shoulders. Before answering, I heard Minho chuckle lightly and said, “I knew it, haha!!”This jerk, how dare he laugh at me? And he calls himself a nice friend?
 
“You know what, never mind. I’ll just try to ask someone else who might know him. Bye Minho!” I was about to hang up when Minho pleaded, “Okay, okay! Sorry! Jeez, I’ll give you his number but on one condition.”
 
“What is it?” My brain tells that I shouldn’t continue listening to this idiot. But I have to do anything what it takes just to get Jinki hyung’s number.
“Come to my house and hang out with me and Taemin.”
 
Without any hesitation, I simply answered, “No way, Minho! The last time I went to your house your friends are practically me with their eyes. There’s no way I would go back to your house.” Just the thought of those four guys looking at me made me cringe and a shiver ran up and down my spine. Why would Minho want to be friends with those kinds of people? Doesn’t he have some taste at all?
 
“It’s not going to be a party, Kibum. It’s just me, you and Taemin hanging out in my house, watching movies all day long, eating pizza or anything you guys want and playing video games. That’s it. I promise there won’t be anything else. So please, just hang out with me and Taemin. Besides, Taemin said he already missed you since he didn’t get to see you last night. He only saw you once when you were already on your way home.”
 
I don’t have to be on the same room as Minho to know he’s using his aegyo on me. Minho’s a nice guy and all, but doing the aegyo thing just makes me want to punch him square in the face. Seriously, he’s good looking and all but seeing him do it is just really creepy. To be honest, he looks like a troll whenever he uses his aegyo trick. I don’t even know what Taemin sees in him as adorable. The kid must have impaired vision or something.
 
“Fine, I’ll go tomorrow. Just please stop with the aegyo, Minho.”
 
“Awesome! How did you know I was using my aegyo, though?”
 
“Simple, I felt my phone cringe.” I said sarcastically and he just laughed again.
 
“Alright, alright; see you tomorrow and you’ll have Jinki hyung’s precious number.” Then he hung up. Even though I still don’t know what Jinki hyung’s number is, I’m feeling all tingly and giddy all over. The corners of my lips just went up by themselves and from then on the smile on my face never left, my head ache long forgotten.
 
 
MINHO’S POV
 
I knew that bringing Kibum to the party last night will bring something good. Jinki hyung’s in love with Kibum and Kibum’s in love with Jinki hyung. They’re so meant for each other like me and Taemin is. Even just in the course of no more than a whole day, two of them are already in love with one another. They’re even faster than how Taemin and I fell in love with each other. Can you believe it took us 2 whole years to finally fall in love and another year to confess to each other?
 
So when Kibum called me for Jinki hyung’s number, I was actually surprised since Kibum isn’t the type to ask for someone’s number let alone try to get to know someone he just met at a party. I’m pretty sure Jinki will be flipped out when he finds out that Kibum was asking about him. Right now he’s probably going insane thinking about Kibum during work, thinking about how to contact him and return Kibum’s necklace that was left last night in my room where they met.
 
Huh, now that I think about it, the place where they met and fell in love was in my bedroom. Holy , that’s just really weird. There are so many places all over the world and they have to fall in love in my freaking bedroom where one was hiding because of my erted friends and the other was hiding from mobs of girls trying to flirt with him. The beginning of their love story is just so… There’s no word to describe it… Talk about romantic, eh?
 
The next day at Minho's house...
 
“Hyung, are you sure Kibum hyung’s coming here today? If you’re lying I swear I’m going to break up with you,” Taemin threatened. Jeez, is he in love with Kibum or what? Since the other day, all he wanted to see is Kibum. I’m starting to get jealous.
 
“Yes, Taemin, Kibum promised he’ll come today and hang out with us.” I said, placing the chips and drinks on the table in front of the TV, seeing if anything else is missing for our rare get together with Kibum. We’ve been friends for so long but the number of times Kibum hang out with us can be counted with my fingers, of course including my toes.
 
*ding dong*
 
“That’s him!” Taemin happily exclaimed, rushing to the front door and welcoming Kibum. “Whoa! Minho hyung wasn’t lying when he said that you’ll come here today.” Sometimes, Taemin is just too cute. He sounded like he hadn’t seen Kibum in so long and now he’s acting all amazed that he’s standing right in front of him ready to hang out and chill with us.
 
“Hey Taemin, sorry I didn’t get to see you at the party the other day. Those people Minho invited were just really scary so I decided to take refuge at him room.” Taemin led him to the couch, or should I say dragged, while holding his hand and babbling just about anything he liked.
 
“Okay, stop with the talking and let’s watch some movie.” I announced, making Taemin pout. That’s when I realized that he in the middle of telling Kibum about Jinki hyung asking for his number and how sad he looked when Hyung found out that I’m the only one who has Kibum’s number.
 
“He… He was asking for my number?” Kibum then asked his eyes slightly wide from shock. Taemin nodded, smiling happily.
 
“What do you say let’s just forget about the movie and try to match make Kibum and Jinki hyung, Taemin?” I went to sit beside my boyfriend and looked at Kibum who was sitting on Taemin’s other side. He looked nervous all of a sudden, being all fidgety and his fingers playing with themselves on his lap although his emotions looked mixed up.
 
“Yeah! Let’s do that! And then we’ll finally find out what’s going to happen between the two of them. Wah! It’d be nice if Kibum hyung becomes Jinki hyung’s boyfriend, right Minho?”
 
And as if on cue, my phone rang. When I took out my phone and saw the caller ID saying “brother-in-law”. Yeah, that’s right; I named Jinki hyung as my brother-in-law on my phone. I looked at Taemin and Kibum hyung; Taemin was still smiling but this time, the smile was bigger and his eyes are wide with excitement while Kibum still looked nervous.
 
Instead of just answering, I put the call on speaker phone so that the other two can hear what Jinki was saying, “Hey, hyung! What’s up?” I said, trying to act all normal even though I wanted to laugh out loud.
 
“Minho, can I ask you a favour?” Ha! Jinki hyung sounded so nervous, too. Just like how Kibum sounded when he called me yesterday.
 
 “Sure, hyung. What is it?” Taemin leaned closer to the phone, anticipating what his brother will say next.
 
“Uhm, can I have Kibum’s phone number? Taemin said you’re the only one who has it. Please, Minho. Just give me his number and I promise I won’t try to break you and Taemin apart if you just give me his number.”
 
That’s when Taemin did a fist pump and bounced happily on the couch. “Why do you want it though?” I asked, torturing Jinki hyung a little bit and having fun that I am in control.
 
“Because… You know… Because… Oh, ! You know why I needed his number Minho, so just give it to me.” He said, his voice changing from nervousness to irritation.
 
“Nope, sorry, hyung. If I don’t know the reason why you needed his number then I can’t give it to you. That’s what I promised Kibum when he gave it to me.”
 
“… I NEED. THE GODDAMN. NUMBER NOW. MINHO.” , it sounded like Jinki hyung’s pissed already. But I have to make him say it himself for Kibum to hear.
 
“Will you just say it? Jeez. It’s not that hard to, okay. Just say the reason and I’ll give it to you.”
 
“Fine, you want to know why?! Because I think I’m in love with him and I wanted to see him again! If I don’t see him again I think I’ll go insane so just give the ing number to me!”he shouted on the phone.
 
And then I can’t control my laughter anymore and so does Taemin. We both burst out laughing while Kibum just stared at the phone on my hand speechless and cheeks turning into shades of deep red. When I can finally control myself and wiping the slight tears on my eyes, I said to Jinki hyung, “Took you long enough to say it, hyung.”
 
“What the hell are you talking about Choi?”
 
Instead of answering myself, I gave the phone to Kibum mouthing, “Go talk to him”. He hesitated for a while but then took the phone from me and quietly said, “H-hello?”
 
“Hello? Who’s this? Yah, Choi Minho!”
 
“Hyung! That’s the person you’ve been wanting to see!” I shouted.
 
“… Oh dear God… Please don’t tell me I’m on speaker phone and that Kibum is with you.” If Jinki hyung’s with us, he would probably face palmed himself and his face red from embarrassment.
 
“Sorry, hyung. But hey, look on the bright side that was an epic confession right there.” Taemin then chimed in, finally composing himself from laughing too hard.
 
“Hello, Kibum-ah? Uhm, sorry about what you just heard earlier. It’s just that Minho was pissing me off the reason why I only said those things.”
 
“It’s okay, hyung. Minho is kind of annoying sometimes. Well, actually he annoys me every time so I’m used to it.”
 
“What the hell?! Why are you two picking on me? I’m the who helped you two and now this is how you repay me?!” I exclaimed. This is unbelievable! Those two were completely oblivious to the other’s feelings and now that Jinki finally confessed they’re ganging up on me? Ungrateful bastards.
 
“Really? Haha! Well… uhm… I was just wondering if… you know… if you wanted to go out sometimes. You know, for coffee maybe?”
 
“Sure, I’d love that. I’ll call you later right after I copy your number from Minho’s phone. Is that fine?” Kibum said, taking his phone out of his bag and already started typing.
 
“Okay then. I’ll wait for your call, Kibum-ah.” Jinki hyung then hung up.
 
“Here, Minho. Thanks!” Kibum threw my phone at me and thanks to my fast reflexes I caught before it even crashed onto the floor.
 
“Gee, you’re welcome.” I mumbled, still feeling s little bit sulky about them ganging up on me. I inspected my phone looking for any scratches and when I looked up again, Kibum was already gone.
 
“Where’s Kibum?” I asked Taemin who was busy munching up on the chips I prepared and watching some reruns on the TV.
 
“He already left.” Taemin simply answered, his eyes glued onto the TV.
 
Ignoring that Kibum hyung just left without a goodbye to me, I quickly went to Taemin’s side and snuggled on him, taking some chips into my mouth and watch tv with him.
 
 
KEY’S POV
 
Yes! I finally have Jinki hyung’s phone number and he asked me out! Gah! Best day ever…
 
 
JINKI’S POV
 
Oh my God, that was so embarrassing! That bastard Minho. Oh well, at least Kibum agreed to go out with me. I think I still gotta thank Minho for this. I can’t wait to see Kibum again.
 

 
OH.MY GOD.
this is the longest chapter i've ever written...
more than 3k words and is 5 and a half pages long..
i'm so dedicated!! oh my gosh!!
enjoy everyone and wait for my next update...
until then.. please comment and subscribe!!
thanks!!
-immaLocket029