Chapter 13

Never Again
A/N:
hey guys!! as promised i updated another chapter...
i know some of you are probably wondering what Key's dad will do next 
but i just felt that i should write Key's POV first before writing that part...
i promise after this i'll write that part....
enjoy!!
- immaLocket029
 

 
KIBUM’S POV

During dinner, I noticed that Jinki hyung kept fidgeting beside me, his eyes constantly looking out at each of the windows as if he was trying to look for something. I already asked him if there was something but he only told me not to worry because there was nothing wrong. He was lying, I know it, but it seemed that he really doesn’t want me to worry so I asked didn’t ask him any further.

When he was in the shower after dinner, I took the chance to look out the windows, my eyes squinting in the darkness trying to adjust my sight but saw nothing except for the cars parked outside our neighbours’ house. Well, that was weird, why was Onew acting so strange since this afternoon? Come to think of it, when he ran inside our room earlier, he did say something about me getting hurt. There really something going on, I just need to find more things then I can guess what it is, for now, I just know that I have to be careful so I don't have to make Onew hyung worry about me. 

As we both got ready to sleep, he checked again the cars outside before closing the curtains. He slipped in under the blankets with me, my back against his body and his arms around me. "Hyung, what's really going on?" I asked quietly, my eyes boring onto the wall across from me. 

It took him a few minutes before saying anything, his deep breathing brushing against the skin of my neck. "It's nothing, Kibum, don't worry about it. Let's just go to sleep," he replied as he reached for my hand and laced our fingers together.

It seems that he really doesn’t want to tell me even though it also involves me. That night, I wasn’t able to sleep properly, my eyes kept going to the window, and my mind wondering about different things especially today’s events that made Jinki hyung act strange and paranoid. When sleepiness finally came to me, I was sure that it was close to dawn that when I woke up I felt horrible.
 

I felt Jinki hyung’s arm was still around me, so carefully lifting it and placing on his side, I stretched and groaned at the same time. Getting up from the bed, I went straight to the bathroom and saw I have dark circles just underneath my eyes. Looks like I’m going to have to wear a little bit of make up today. For the thirty minutes I was in the shower, I tried to clear my head off from the worries that kept me up most of the night and calm my nerves.

Finishing up, I could feel that most of the tension on my body was gone and I feel somewhat refreshed. Maybe, I should really stop worrying about yesterday, and maybe it’s also the reason why Jinki hyung didn’t want to tell me anything because I always worry too much to the point it stresses me. Sometimes, it just really amazes me how much he knows me and sometimes he even knows things that I don’t know about myself.

When I got back to our room, Jinki hyung was already gone. I dressed myself fast enough, styling my hair a little and wore the key necklace that I finally got back after being gone for so long. Turns out Jinki hyung had it ever since we met back at Minho's party and since then he had been trying to give it back to me but just couldn't find the right time to do it except for that day. 

I was in trance remembering the night of my birthday with him, and then the smell of fried eggs and toasted bread reached my nose, indicating that he was already making our breakfast and sure enough, when I got to the kitchen he was placing two plates on the counter. "Good morning," I said, walking up to him and gave him a quick kiss. 

"Good morning," he replied, hugging me in a bear hug that he always does every morning. He didn't let go of me for quite some time so I just let myself lean against him, noticing that sleep was once again coming back to me. My eyes were closed when I felt him lift my head by the chin, I thought he was going to kiss me so I puckered my lips a little but then I heard him chuckle and I opened my eyes to see him staring right at me. "You look horrible," he said, his tone not even the slightest bit sorry. 

I frowned and pulled away from him, sulky that he just said I look horrible. Well, I think it's true since I didn't get much sleep from last night. I took a seat and moped while eating my breakfast, trying my best to ignore him. "See, that's why I told you not worry because it keeps you awake. I'm sorry, can you forgive me?" he pleaded, leaning on kitchen islands in front of me and tried to make himself look cute. 

I ignored him, keeping myself busy eating and finishing my breakfast. As I was about to take another bite, he suddenly took the plate away from me and set it near the sink. It made me frown, my eyes locked on that plate of delicious food because I was really hungry and the fact that he called me ugly indirectly made it worse. 

"Kibum~" He kept whining in a small voice, once in a while jutting his bottom lip out. My gaze moved and met his eyes, my own narrowing as my brows furrowed even more. "Please... Please... Please~" 

Few more minutes of his pleading when I finally said something, "Give me back my food," I said in a monotonous voice. 

He took the plate and held it mid-air, "Not until you forgive me," he said, his expression changed to a serious one. 

"Fine, I guess I'll be going to school without eating breakfast. My stomach will probably growl during my lectures and people will hear and laugh at me, and for the rest of the semester they would tease me about it," I sighed, lowering my head, trying to put on the best acting that I've ever done, even better than yesterday. Maybe I should've taken Drama and Theatre as my major instead of Fine Arts, oh well. I tried to sound hurt and pitiful, and slowly, I stood up from the tall chair and made my way to get my things with my head still lowered. 

I can tell that he was buying it when I heard him say "Oh!" repeatedly each step I took and then the sound of the plate being put down. It made me smile a little bit and before I was finally out of the kitchen, I let out another sigh loud enough for him to hear. My eyes were about to close when I felt him hug suddenly, my face squished against his chest making me squeak. 

"Oh, I'm really sorry, baby. I'm really, really sorry," he kept saying, rocking the two of us back and forth while I'm still squished against him. He pulled us back into the kitchen and sat me down on the chair, immediately reaching for the plate of food and grabbed the fork, putting food on it and fed me. 

It was quite hard not to laugh at him, so in order to hide it, I let him feed me filling my mouth with eggs. "Are you still mad at me?" he asked, his eyes trying to meet mine since I was looking down. I kept avoiding because if I meet his eyes, I will laugh for sure. "Kibum~" he whined, bouncing lightly on his chair. 

I finally looked at him at the corner of my eyes and just blinked at him. "Please~? Forgive me~?" he pleaded and I nodded, making him smile and hug me. "Okay, finish your breakfast and then we'll leave after I shower and got dressed." I nodded with a smile and happily finished my food. 

I really can get used to this kind of life; the two of us acting like kids most of the time when we're both adults, the sweet moments that we share most of the time, and of course the unavoidable tension and little fights that we had. But all of it is just part of a relationship, isn't it? It's what makes a bond between two people stronger because every fight that occurs enables one to learn about the other. And that's what happened between me and Jinki hyung. Ever since that big fight more than two months we were able to become honest with each other. 

"Stop day dreaming," I heard Jinki hyung whispered on my ear as I felt his warm and minty breath against my skin. It made giggle when I noticed that I was actually day dreaming for more than half an hour, good thing I was already finished. "You ready to go?" he asked and I nodded, picking up my bag on the way and we were out.

“Oh, you guys are here,” Jinki hyung said when we were met up by a dozen of guys wearing tuxedos, black shades, and an earpiece attached to their ear.

“What the hell is going on?” I asked him, looking at each of the guys, noticing that they were all tall and muscular that I felt somewhat uncomfortable.

“I hired some bodyguards for you,” he replied like it was nothing at all. The ‘bodyguards’ got into their cars as Jinki hyung opened the passenger’s seat for me and him onto the driver’s seat. During the whole ride, it felt weird knowing that there are cars following us behind that I kept looking at the side view mirror.

When we got to my school’s parkway, I saw Taemin and Minho hanging out by Minho’s car together with four bulky and muscular guys that I recognized as the ones I kept trying to avoid since the party at the Choi’s.
 

“Good morning, love birds!” Taemin shouted when I got out of the car, immediately hugging me in a tight bear hug just like his brother’s. What’s up with the Lee’s and bear hugs? “Uh, what’s up with that?” he asked, pointing to the cars just a few feet away from where we are.

“Ask your brother,” I replied as I narrowed my eyes towards Jinki hyung.

“Morning,” Minho simply called to us, with a small wave of his hand.

“Good morning, Kibum~” the four chorused all at the same time. The fact that the four of them are good at singing is still a shock to me, and hearing them all greet me with those melodic voices of theirs is making it hard for me to really hate them. I was about to greet them back when they said, “Good morning, jerk,” which I know was meant for Jinki hyung.

I turned to look at Jinki hyung who was leaning against the side of the car with a smirk on his face, “Still not over the fact that Kibum is mine, huh?” he said making me flush a little bit. Every time the five of them would see each other, they would bicker about how I ended up with Jinki hyung, who according to Taecyeon hyung – I only found out recently that he was a year older than me – was too old for me. Then the other three would throw insults at Jinki hyung and being the mature one, the only thing Jinki hyung needed to say was that I’m his and the four of them would shut up.

“Why do you keep coming here anyway? Don’t you have work, old man?” Wooyoung questioned. Out of the four of them, he is always the one who keeps trying to send Jinki hyung away as soon as possible. Since he’s also the youngest from the four, he kind of told me that he felt the need to protect me from “es” as he called it.

“I can be late whenever I wanted to, Jang Wooyoung. And besides, do you really think I would leave my baby here while the four of you are around him? I don’t think so,” Jinki hyung wrapped a protective arm around my waist as we walked closer to them and rested on the hood of Minho’s car.

“Let it go, Wooyoung-ah,” Nickhun ordered with a blank look on his face and the latter grumbled but obeyed, looking at his phone to keep himself busy.  

Even though they kept bickering all the time, there are times that they would get along and have a normal conversation. It made me happy that Jinki hyung is so patient and understanding towards them that there are some point where I ask myself how lucky am I to have met him. I didn’t expect it today but they just started talking like normal people do, laughing and joking that it made my day much better than when I woke up this morning. For a while, all of us were having a good time hanging out before our classes start and before Jinki hyung had to leave for work.

“Kibum sunbae!” I heard someone called. I turned around to see Mina, a freshman art student running towards my direction.

“Good morning, Mina,” I said when she stopped right in front of me. It always made her blush when I greet her; well, all the other female students do when I talk to them or greet them.

“Professor Park wants to see you at the gallery,” she said with a smile before leaving to go to her class.

“I guess that’s my cue to leave,” I sighed and gathered my things with me. “You,” I said, pointing a finger at Jinki hyung, “Go to work now before I kick your .”

The other guys laughed at my remark and I chuckled a little bit but immediately stopped when I saw my boyfriend’s expression. “What did you say?” he asked in a low voice that only I can hear even though I’m pretty sure that the others knew what he said.

“I love you…?” I squeaked when he gently pushed me against the car, my back pressed against it as he hovers over me that our faces where only inches apart.

“Good,” he whispered before giving me a kiss that slowly turned aggressive.

“Oh God! Go get a room, will you!” complains surrounded us from our little display of affection and as much as I want to continue, we had to stop otherwise we’ll both get in trouble. 

"Alright, alright, I'm leaving," Jinki hyung kissed me one more time before getting inside his car and drove off. 

When the car was out of sight, I remembered the four black cars parked few feet from the school's driveway, the guards standing outside in a semi-circle a few feet apart from each other with their hands in front of them. I forgot to ask Jinki hyung what the hell I am supposed to do with them since all of them were left here. 

I took a couple of steps towards the school gallery, and from the corner of my eyes I noticed them follow me. Taking more steps and they still follow me. I tried to run and they all ran after me that when I skidded to a halt, they almost tripped and collided to one another. "Why do you keep following me?" I asked one of them and the closest to me. 

"We were ordered to follow you around wherever and whenever, Mr. Kibum." The guard in front of me was tall, has black hair, sharp jaw and fair skin. 

"Sigh, are all of you asked to follow me? I mean, one or two should be enough but twelve?" I looked at each of them, noticing that most of them are pretty tall, probably good looking, and model-like. Why the hell did they decided to become guards instead of actors or singers? "If all of you are going to follow me around, I should probably know all of your names right?" 

"Ah, of course. I'm Choi Siwon," the guard said. "And from the very left," he called, pointing his whole arms towards the guy who probably looked the shortest and not-at-all guard like. 

"I'm Kim Ryeowook, Mr. Kibum," he said as he bowed. Aww, he sounds cute. Shut up, Kibum. 

"I'm Cho Kyuhyun, Mr. Kibum," the next one said, his almost deep voice enough to put me to sleep and dream about him. 

The next guard made me feel almost insecure about myself, I mean, even with his shades on I can tell that he was beautiful. Add the fact that his hair was probably shoulder length and tied to a ponytail, they really chose the wrong profession. "Kim Heechul at your service," he said in what I think is a flirtatious manner as he even slightly took his shades off to wink at me. Yup, he is beautiful. 

"Uh, why don't I just introduce their names for you and you can get to know them better afterwards?" Siwon said before the next guard could even say something. I nodded at him and he resumed, "After Heechul hyung is Leeteuk hyung, Shindong hyung, and Sungmin hyung. On my right are Doojun, Junhyung, Seungho, Seungri and Kyujong. All of us are here to serve and protect you, Mr. Kibum," he smiled once again, a dimple showing on his cheek. 

Even though I remembered their names, I still feel uncomfortable being followed by twelve guys wearing tuxedos in the middle of the day. It's already bad enough that some guys in the school follow me asking me out even though they knew I already have a boyfriend. I looked at them one more time and figured it couldn't be that bad if I ignore them, right? 

Sighing, I resumed walking towards the gallery to meet with my professor. On my way, other students were staring at me in a different way than they usually do when they look at me. Some of them were whispering, and when a freshman from the music department tried to talk to me, the 'tuxedo guys' immediately moved around and covered me, all of them shielding me in a round formation saying that he’s not allowed to unless I know and acknowledge him as a friend or if he has a message from a teacher that I needed to be informed. 

Yeah, this isn't working out like I thought it would. For the rest of the day, the uncomfortable feeling inside of me became even worse. I even had a hard time talking to Minho and Taemin because I had to assure the 'tuxedo guys' that they are safe and harmless and that one of them is my boyfriend’s younger brother. And when Nickhun and his three friends came to our table during lunch, I wasn't even sure if I should tell they were my friends. But in the end I did. 

 
 
"How's school?" Jinki hyung asked when he picked me up after my classes ended. 

"Terrible," I replied, not even being subtle about it as I made a face, my lips on full pout and crossed my arms and legs. 

"Why? Did something happen?" Obviously Jinki hyung's worried as he kept exchanging his gaze between me and the road. 

"It's just that,” I started as I turn my whole body to face him and continued, “Do I really need to have a dozen bodyguards wearing tuxedos and follow me all day? I mean, one or two is enough – maybe – but it felt like a mob is behind me all day and I can't even talk to Minho or Taemin or anyone else because they get do protective and strict. They're worse than you, hyung," I whined, only realizing what I said about him. 

"I am protective and strict I admit that, baby, but I can't help it, okay?" He took my hand and held it tight enough for the rest of the ride home. 

"I know, and I still love you," I kissed quickly on the cheek and continued, "Can I make a request at least?" 

"Sure, what do you want?" Jinki hyung looked at me in confusion and curiosity. 

"The 'tuxedo guys' better change what they're wearing or else I'll be forced to give them all a freaking make over," I offered confidently. I maybe am a Fine Arts student but fashion and clothing is basically art and I am 100% confident that I'll be able to transform those guys to heartthrobs. With their looks that shouldn't be a problem. Although I guess they loosen up while protecting and all will be good. 

Once we got home and the guards were dismissed for the day, Jinki hyung led me to our bedroom while he was hugging me, making me have to walk backwards and let ourselves fall on the soft mattress. We kissed a couple of times but nothing more than that as we preferred to snuggle to each other comfortably. Moments like these were my absolute favourite ever since we became a couple – the sweetness and tenderness of a simple touch, the honest and truthful words uttered, and the loving and affectionate look on his eyes whenever I see them looking at me. 

 
 
Few days passed, Jinki had to leave early for work, which meant I had to go to school all by myself. I wasn't complaining about it, I was just sad that I didn't get to say goodbye to him when he left. As I was walking on the school grounds with the 'tuxedo guys' or should I say hunks since they finally changed their outfits to something better, I felt much more comfortable. And now, the twelve guys I called my bodyguards are being asked out on dates by at least more than half of the female population at school. Maybe I should set them all up so that they'll leave me alone. 

I was about to enter the gallery to work on my paintings when I heard someone called me. "Kibum," I froze on my tracks and asked myself internally "Why is he here?" 

My whole body was unable to move, my muscles tense and I'm pretty sure that the look on my face was absolute shock. I didn't want to face him at all, I never want to see him or anyone of them ever again, but body moved on their accord and turned to face Jonghyun. My body guards where suddenly nowhere in sight even though I could’ve sworn they were behind me the whole time.

He was leaning on one of the post wearing a casual outfit, and when our eyes met, he smiled at me as if we were close friends. I haven’t seen him in while, although I could tell that he was tired they way his cheeks became thinner and the rim under his eyes was dark.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. Since I've never had a decent talk with him, the tone of voice came out harsh and rude. The smile on his face faltered a little bit but he still managed to keep it in place.

"I just wanted to see and know how you're doing, that's all," he replied walking closer to me. That smile never leaving his face. "How are you and Jinki doing, Kibum?" 

My eyes widened at what he said. He knew about me and Jinki hyung. He knew about us. Everything makes sense now. The paranoia Jinki hyung had been having for days, his sudden protectiveness and his fear of me getting hurt. Jonghyun's behind all this and he'll probably tell Dad about it. I felt prickling on my eyes but I will not allow it, I will not allow myself cry in front of him. "What's wrong? Are you afraid that I'll tell Dad about your relationship with him?" 
 
“How did you know about me and Jinki?” He knew how much it affects me and he’s using it against me.
 
“I heard you and ahjumma talking about you moving in with him a couple of months ago. I hoped that it was just a coincidence that you’re dating someone with the name “Lee Jinki”, but turns out it was the same person from Lee Corp.”
 
“So you’ve known about this before for a while, I see. You already knew but you didn’t do anything.” I stared straight into his eyes, seeing the way they narrowed at me as our conversation goes on.
 
“What makes you think that I haven’t done anything?” he smirked as he came closer to me. As we came face to face, I felt myself cowering as he looked down on me (yes, I made Jonghyun taller in this fic… sorry for the late info guys… >_<).
 
“Those guys around our house, was it you?” I asked. He nodded without any hesitation.
 
“I hired them because Dad wanted me to keep an eye on you. They’ve been following you around for quite sometime now, Kibum. Actually, I was informed that Jinki also hired bodyguards for you and that they’ve been following you these past few days. And I’ll be honest with you, Kibum, because you’re my brother even if you don’t like that fact at all. I have a feeling that without me telling, Dad probably has an idea about you. I am not sure, but we both know how Dad uses his connections and how he does things without even a single person knowing anything.”

Dad probably knows? He’s not supposed to, he can’t know about me and Jinki hyung. I can't find my voice to speak, a large lump growing on my throat. A tear had managed to escape from my eye but I already ran away from him headed wherever my feet will take me. I heard him calling my name repeatedly, but all I wanted was to get away as far from him as possible. Voices kept calling me and I ignored them all. When I was already outside the school perimeter and in the middle of the busy streets that I realized my friends were the ones calling me.
 
Looking from side to side, I tried to figure out which way I should go next. Even before I could decide which, I was already walking towards a direction I figured that could lead me to a place where it’s just me temporarily. I don’t want anyone to see right now, not when I feel like I’m going to break down into pieces because of something so simple.
 
People were already glaring and glancing at me whenever I accidentally bumped into them. Some of them muttering harsh words towards my way and there are some who got irritated and mad that I didn’t even apologize. Both my feet were already hurting from the long walk I took but I couldn’t stop. When I looked up once again I don’t even know where I was when all I can see was nothing but trees and a deserted field.
 
Not far from where I stood, there was a wooden bench and ignoring the pain on feet I decided to take a couple more steps until I can finally sit. Above me, the sky was gray and I can already see lightning in the distance. I don’t know where the hell I am right now, I don’t have an umbrella, I don’t have my bag, my wallet, my phone… I don’t even know how I am going home if I don’t have anything with me. For sure the guards are panicking right now because of my sudden disappearance.
 
It's already past noon, I’ve probably been here for a couple of hours and yet I haven’t seen anyone at all in this area. Even in this deserted place, I don’t feel any hint of fear inside of me not when I don’t know which way to go back, how to go back, and I’m all by myself. But just the thought of my father finding out about my relationship was enough to break my shell and see the weak and vulnerable side of me that I tried to hide for so long.
 
Thunder roared in the sky then the rain came pouring down on me. I didn’t move from my spot because it was useless, not a single house nearby and or any shed that can shield me from the cold rain. I sat there with my legs folded up to my chest, my head hung low as my gaze bore onto the muddy field beneath me. Just like the rain, the tears that had stopped moments ago are once again flowing, the salty liquid mixing with the bland rainwater on my face. 
 
If ever my Dad really found out about me and Jinki hyung, is he going to hurt either of us? I know my Dad already had someone killed and yet no one found out about it except a few people who were involved. Will he be able to kill me or Jinki hyung and never let anyone found out about it? I don’t want to think about it anymore. I can’t think. If something happens to Jinki hyung and its all because of me, I don’t even know what I’ll do.
 
I don’t want him to get hurt just because he’s in a relationship with me. I don’t want anything to happen to him because of my Dad. I don’t want us to be separated. I want to be by his side all the time, I want to feel his touch, hear his voice, and see him right beside me. I want us to be together for as long as we could, but this is too soon for us to break apart. I can’t imagine life without him. I can’t imagine my life going back to the way it was before I met him.
 
I just can’t.