Never Cry

I Need You to Survive

Due to weather reports of an incoming typhoon, practice at the beach was cut short and the teams were to make their way back to campus. Jessica looked at the body latched to her on the bus ride back to campus. The other person was sleeping but she could see the puffiness under her eyes, “Pabo...you don’t need to cry over it anymore when I am here.” Jessica squeezed the person harder as she let them sleep in her arms.

Taeyeon opened her eyes and smiled when she saw Jesse’s arm around her waist while sleeping now on her shoulder. Last night was difficult since she had to spend a night in the same building as Nichkhun which made the memories of him forcing himself on her. She felt so defenseless at the time and with Jesse in a different building didn’t help.

“Are you two going to get off?”

Taeyeon looked out the window and saw they arrived at the school. Quickly she nudged her roommate, “Hey we are here.”

Jessica woke up to the sound of a familiar voice. There was Jiwoong looking at her with those big chocolate eyes, “We are?”

“Yea...lets go back home...our home.”

 

While Jiwoong was taking a shower, Jessica took the initiative to take all their dirty clothes from training down to wash. As she was putting the laundry in the washer, Jessica looked at some of her roommate’s intimate wear with curiosity, “Isn’t this woman’s underwear? Or maybe it is mine and I forgot. Anyway stop being such a byuntae Jessica.”

“I didn’t know you were like that Jessica.”

Jessica jumped back in fright, “Gosh Taecyeon you scared me! And I told you not to call me that at school.”

“You just called yourself that too and it is only us down here doing laundry.”

“Yea yea whatever.”

Taecyeon looked into Jessica’s washer, “what is up with all the y ?”

Jessica quickly shut the washer, “Yah! Keep your eyes on your own washer. You are such a ert.”

“Earlier you just admitted you are one too. I guess that makes us a good match!”

Jessica’s face turned serious as she looked up at Taecyeon, “Taecy...look...I don’t think...”

“Stop! I know you have feelings for someone else but...”

“We are dating.”

Taecyeon’s face grew pale, “What?”

“We confessed to each other last night. I am really sorry.”

“I really am too late?”

Jessica nodded sorrowfully, “We can still be friends like before right?”

Taecyeon looked down blankly, “I don’t want to lose you completely...”

“You aren’t losing me.”

The boy looked back up at Jessica, “Just know that if he ever hurts you, I am here. I can make the pain go away.”

Jessica gave Taecyeon a little shove, “I knew I could count on my best friend.”

Taecyeon just gave Jessica a weak smile as she walked passed him.

 

Taeyeon was sitting at her desk wondering if she should hit the send button or not but the phone almost slipped out of her hands when she heard the door open. The person she was going to send a message to was standing near the door, “Where were you?”

“I took our laundry down to wash.”

“What took so long?”

“I met Taecyeon and we started talking.” Taeyeon could feel the burn of jealousy filling her body with the mention of that boy, “I also told him I was taken. You know your ears get red when you are irritated?”

Taeyeon’s face was now flushed with the comment that her roommate made, “You told him about us?”

“Just that I was dating.” Taeyeon frozen when the person strode close to her and cupped her face. Their lips made brief contact before the person backed away, “so cute.”

Taeyeon stood frozen as her roommate went to busy themselves with their laptop. Unknown to Taeyeon, the other occupant in the room was also very embarrassed for their bold act of love towards the other.

“Ah it is good that he knows then...”

“You should tell Tiffany too.”

“Huh why her?”

Jessica pouted in anger as if the shorty didn’t know why Jessica wanted to claim what was hers, “Just tell her.”

Taeyeon scratched the back of her head, “Not sure why it is that important but I guess she is my best friend...”

Suddenly a pillow collided with Taeyeon’s face, “Pabo!”

 

Since the sudden typhoon, Taeyeon found herself back in the familiar gymnasium of their school. It was a bit disappointing that their beach trip had to be cut short but she was glad that Jesse and her went back to being in one room together again. Like usual, Taeyeon found a partner to warmup with but her whole world froze when a certain boy strode into the gymnasium. Her face grew pale and mind when numb with the thoughts of him shoving her on the wall. *Thud*

 

Jessica was out on the soccer field as practice was finishing up. It was tough as usual since they were still in the middle of making cuts so it was mostly running. The whistle finally blew and the players gathered around the coach, “Okay kids we are going to have a match. Yoochun will be captain of one team while Taecyeon will be the captian of the other team. The newcomers will be split evenly with 4 on each team. Take this seriously because we will be cutting two from each team based off of play also the losing team will receive an added punishment.”

The whole team groaned especially Jessica when she heard that she was on Taecyeon’s team. At the moment they weren’t on the best of terms yet she had to play with him on the field together.

The boys made their way to the shower room but like usual, Jessica chose to go to her room to take a shower. She looked around wondering where her roommate was, “Doesn’t his practice end earlier than mine?” For the moment, she shrugged it off as if his practice went late or something like that.

After taking shower and changing clothes, Jessica looked at her watch, “where is that pabo?” Quickly she texted him to see if they could have dinner together but after half an hour and a growling stomach, Jessica decided to go down for dinner without her roommate.

Seeing some familiar faces, Jessica sat near her teammates but she and Taecyeon avoided each other for once which made other eyes look at them curiously. Taecyeon always tried to start up conversations with Jesse but there was a cold war going on at the table.

A group of boys passed the soccer table, “You think Jiwoong will be okay?”

Jessica stood up immediately and stopped the boy, “What happened to Jiwoong?!”

“Inffferrmmarry,” the frighten boy stuttered.

Jessica abandoned her food and ran to the infirmary. She opened the door to see Nichkhun sitting next to him. Anger boiled as she remembered what Jiwoong told her about Nichkhun forcing himself on the person she loved, “You! Get out!”

Nichkhun who barely knew the person in front of him, “What? What right do you have to say if I come or go?”

“I am his roommate and I said get out now you pig!”

Nichkhun stood up tall and closely to Jesse as if standing his ground firm but the two that were about to fight were stopped by a fragile voice, “Jesse?”

Pushing Nichkhun aside, Jessica quickly went next to her weak little Jiwoong. She held his hand, “Hey I am here.”

“Where am I?”

Nichkhun interrupted their cute moment, “Infirmary. You have a high fever and that is why you fainted in the gym earlier.”

Taeyeon’s face grew pale again while Jessica gave him a harsh glare, “I said get out Nichkhun.” The boy could see Jesse was about to kill him so he finally took his leave. Jessica felt Taeyeon’s forehead again which started to burn up fast as sweat glistened across the hairline, “You should take it easy you have no idea how worried I was when I heard you were here instead of having dinner with me.”

Taeyeon smiled when she heard the person she loved caring for her so much, “It is nothing really.”

“It isn’t just nothing. If you don’t feel good, then don’t go to practice.”

“I will keep that in mind.” Taeyeon gave a weak laugh wondering if she should tell Jesse the real reason for why she became sick suddenly.

 

With Taeyeon feeling a bit better, the two roommates went back to their room. Taeyeon went straight to bed as she still wasn’t in the best condition while Jessica watched her roommate sleeping. She went up and started rubbing his back as if to sooth the sick person. Hearing a commotion going on outside, Jessica left to see what was happening outside. Opening the curtains of their room, Jessica looked out to see rain pouring down with high winds blowing the trees, “Looks like the typhoon came.”

“Get away! Get away!” Jessica heard the screaming coming from her sick roommate so she quickly closed the curtains before going to his side as he was thrashing about the bed.

To stop him from kicking and screaming, Jessica went into his bed and started hugging him, “Shhh shhh, it is fine. I am here. I am here.” It took a while before the person calmed down in Jessica’s arms. As Jessica held her roommate to sleep, a tear slid down her cheek, “I want to make the pain go away...”

 

 


Author's Note

Hello! Long time no update! This story is no long on hiatus since I promised to be back by October with this story. How are my readers doing? I am sure you have noticed your author being busy with writing new stories and such. Recently, I posted two new taengsic one-shots: High Stakes and Our Little Secret so check those out too.