you left me

Fear

You..... It's you.

The last person I wished I would see or never would. I couldn't believe mom was here with what I expected to be. Her new husband and most likely her new child. A girl, judging by the look she's way younger than me, I think she's 5 years old. I couldn't believe my eyes, just this time I wish I didn't turned the door knob.

"Hello Ha Na, it's been a long time" mom smiled. I just nodded

"This is my husband Lee Haejin, and this is my precious daughter Lee Yura" she putted her arms around the girl's shoulder. 

"precious daughter" I murmured. 

"So Mrs Lee, are you sure you're going to adopt the Kang siblings?" asked Miss Choi. "No, no, no" mom denied. "I just wanted to adopt Kang Ha Neul" she said. "Are you sure? but they're twins.... don't you think they should be together?" asked Miss Choi. "I'm sure Ha Neul is fine with this, anyway I don't think my daughter would want to have a sister" she said.

I was so mad, I honestly feel like barging out and taking Ha Neul with me. He is right about mom will come here but he is wrong about mom is going to adopt 'us'. It's not us, It's just you. Only you Kang Ha Neul. You must be the happiest person ever on earth but what was mom thinking, you wouldn't leave me. You already promised me you will take care of me as long as you live. 

"Okay mom! I'll be with you" Ha Neul smiled. I stared at him "Are you kidding me?"

"Ha Na is a grown up now, I'm sure she can take care of herself" Ha Neul said. "She'll be fine on her own" he continued. I'm out of words, I was crestfallen on the fact that he'll leave me. Not just he'll leave me but he also didn't kept his promise. "If that's fine with Ha Na, I think you can pack up your bag and leave with your new family" Miss Choi smiled. My mind was blank, I couldn't even think a word to say

Mom and her new husband are busy signing contract and doing some paper works, while I just stared at the wall thinking how hard my life would be because I'm alone now. Mom's 'precious' daughter kept staring at me. When I looked back at her, I saw her smirking evilly. Is this kid really 5 years old?

I accompanied Ha Neul to our room. I saw him packing his stuff "Are you going to leave me?" I asked him solemnly. "What happened to your promise?" I continued.

"I have my own needs too, Kang Ha Na. I'm sure you'll be fine on your own. You'll all grown up now. You can take care of yourself. Stop being so childish" Ha Neul said making a remark

"Stop being so childish" "Stop being so childish" "Stop being so childish" "Stop being so childish"  was the only sentence that kept replaying in my mind

So.... all this time you really think I'm childish?

"I have a new sister to take care of okay. She's still small, she might need me. I need to be a good brother to my new sister" Ha Neul said. "Then what about me? am I not your sister?" I asked.

"You were" he paused "Let's just cut this connection shall we? and let's pretend that non of this has ever happened. Just forget the fact that you have a twins, and your mom really left you because you're useless" he smirked. I can feel teardrops on my cheeks and I can the warmth of my tears slowly dropping on the floor.

"I'm not gonna take these, you should keep it in case you'll missed me" he passed me an album of our childhood pictures. I slowly flipped the pages and saw our pictures together with mom and dad at a picnic. I still remember that memories, It's still fresh in my mind but the thought that everything changed so easily scared me. This whole situation is the thing I fear the most. I fear that one day Ha Neul will leave me just like how mom and dad left us. But one thing I didn't expect is he'll betray me. Out of anyone in this world, my one and only person who I really love, respect and he is the person whom I look up to when I'm having a hard time. He just left me like that, because he was too selfish. 

After Ha Neul done packing he checked around the room to see if there's anything personal belonging that he forgot to bring along. He stopped and faced me "I'm sorry, I just need to leave. I'm tired of being here" he said and hugged me. I didn't respond to his action, I just stood there like a statue. A crying statue.

Just like that, the one thing I fear the most has happen to me. 

“The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.”