the truth

Fear

I walked to the dancing room with my backpack sling over one shoulder and my favourite ice shaken lemon tea in my left hand. I pushed the door and reveals Kai practicing alone. I can feel the awkward vibe in the room.

"Ah.. uh, Kai?" I speak.

Kai turned over to face me, "yes?" he said naturally without feeling awkward. "Gwaenchana?" I asked. "Mwo gwaenchana?" he said, confused.

"Why are you avoiding me?"

"I'm just feeling a bit uncomfortable" he said. "Why?" I asked.

"Did I do something something wrong?"

"No, you didn't" he replied. "Can you please tell me what happen? It's weird seeing you avoiding me every time we saw each other. You know?.. you're like a best friend to me" I said.

"Okay, fine. It's about Qyoona"

"Song Qyoona?" I said as I reconfirmed it.

"Didn't you know, she used to be my ex-girlfriend?" he said.

I was so shocked, my eyes are opened wide "n-no, she never told me" I stuttered. 

"Why would she? why would she reveals her dark secret to you. No one knows except for me and Sehun" he smirked.

Kai's POV

"It was a bright evening and I was laying on the sofa with the sound of my tv but I didn't really watch it, I was texting with Qyoona all day long. I would lie if I tell you I wasn't madly in love with her. I spend 80% of my life with her. I would sleep late just to accompany her if she wasn't sleepy. I would buy her food if she's hungry, I would buy her everything if she wants to" I said.

*flashback*

"Do you want to go out today?" I asked Qyoona.

"I feel a bit unwell today, and I think I should just stay home" she replied.

"Seriously? should I buy medicine for you?" I said.

"Gwaenchana, I already ate medicine" she reassured me.

"Hm, get well soon baby" I grinned while texting her until Sehun's name appeared on my phone screen. 

"Jongin-ah!" Sehun squealed. "Wae?" I said, annoyed with his aegyo voice. 

"Let's have fun today!" he shouted and I almost think my eardrum will burst. "Why would we have fun today? I'm lazy" I said.

"It's my birthday today"

"You're kidding me right?"

"Wow, you sure are the most sweetest best friend ever, I am so grateful Jongin, very very grateful" he said sarcastically.

"Okay, okay! sorry! saengil chukahae Sehun-ah. Pick me up at 7 okay, annyeong" I said and ended the phone call. No one would ever want to hear Sehun nag. Sehun is like my second mother, he is very annoying at times especially when he nagged. His voice is like a siren, all I can do is stay quiet. No one can answer him back when he nags or else the lecture will expand to 2 hours long lecture. 

I changed into black v-neck tshirt, black jeans, black hoodie and snapback. I was waiting for Sehun at the lobby and he was 5 minutes late. 

"Wow, you're so early. I thought we should go at 9p.m" I said sarcastically. Sehun picked me up with his red Lamborghini whom I never saw since we became a trainee. All he said is he should have a low profile. I like him, he's rich but he's down to earth. 

Since we're legal so we're not that scared to show our id to the guards outside. It was Sehun's birthday so I have to treat him drinks and whatever he wants. We sat at the leather sofa in the corner along with Xiumin hyung, Luhan hyung and Suho hyung. 

"Yah, jongin ah" he speak but he didn't look at me, he was looking at something but I didn't really know who because there's a lot of people. 

"What?" I asked.

"Isn't that Qyoona?" he pointed to someone, and yes it's Qyoona and he's flirting with someone. 

Qyoona was with a guy at the bar. They we're so close with each other, the guy was holding her waist and they kissed. At first I thought it was her close friends but why would a close friends touched you excessively and kiss you. I asked Xiumin to check up on her since she wouldn't know him so he did go to the bar and it was really her. She called the guy baby and she even flirt with him. 

I was in a bad mood because first she lied to me and second she cheat on me. I tried calling her, she took a glimpse on her phone and she just ignored my calls. I called twice but she just ignored it. Xiumin said the guy asked her who was it and she said it's her boyfriend but she didn't really like him. It's just he's rich and he's hot. Her friends would envy her relationship with her boyfriend. The guy was laughing hysterically and said that Kai is pathetic. 

"Sehun let's go" I said. Sehun agreed and we bid farewell to them. 

"Hey, calm down" Sehun said while driving.

I stayed around a while with her, until I accidentally bumped into her with her boyfriend. Hands intertwined just like how we always did. She did saw me and I can see that she was panicking but I didn't bother to look at her, I just walked passed her. My shoulder hit her's intentionally. Just like that, I ignored her phone call, I even changed my apartment password and I haven't saw her for 1 year until now.

"Until she became a trainee. At first, I acted like a stranger around her and I tried to avoid her when I met her but then you came. I tried my best to not have any interaction with her and as cunning as she is. She tried to get close to you and she finally did. I have no other choice but to avoid you too, since she always linger around you" I said in despise.

"Hana, I'm sorry" 


Sorry for not updating, it's been so long. I was so busy with exam and other important things. I tried my best to update this story regularly. Mianhaeyo! *bows*