new place

Fear

Three weeks has passed, three weeks without Ha Neul by my side. I spend most of the days playing with little kids in the house, strolling by the park with then, looking for part time jobs and an apartment for myself since I need to be an independent person. I found this one apartment near my work place. Even though the building looks old but it the cheapest place I've found.

I went to see Miss Choi at the kids learning room to ask her permission to leave this place and start a new life by myself. With an anxious feeling, I knock on the door thrice "come in" I heard Miss Choi's voice. I turned the door knob and walk in with heavy steps "can I talk to you for a second?" I asked nervously. She nodded "You guys can play by yourself for now, I have something to do. Don't be noisy!" She said with high pitch voice. "Ne seonsaengnim!" the kids shouted in excitement.

"Let's talk outside okay, I bet they'll be noisy inside" Miss Choi said and lead me to the door.

We stood outside of the classroom "Miss Choi, actually...... I found a job and an apartment for myself" I said with trembling voice. 

"Are you sure about this?" she paused "You know you can stay here till forever, I don't mind. Even Soo Hyun won't mind. You're like a family to us" she smiled.

"I need to learn how to be independent Miss Choi. You've taken care of me like how a mother would. And I am more than thankful for that" I thanked her.

"Hm... okay" she hesitated "But if you don't like living outside, you're always welcomed here. Always" she smiled.  I nodded and bid farewell since I have to go to my part time job in 15 minutes.

I lay on my bed, finally everything I planned has turned out well. I can't wait to move into my new apartment. Even without Ha Neul guiding me what to do and what not to do, I'm able to do everything by myself. Maybe the thought of Ha Neul leaving has it's pros and cons. I'm not going to hate you forever since you teach me a lot of things in this world and protect me when I was having a hard time. You taught me how to be a tough person without no fear. The question of why you decided to leave me is still lingering in my mind for weeks now.

I packed my clothes, just to stay for a night. I took a shower and changed into casual clothes for work. I wore long sleeve black tshirt, black coloured jeans and black sneakers. I went downstairs and saw Soo Hyun unnie playing with the kids "Unnie!" I tapped her shoulder. She looked shocked "you always surprise me!" she squealed. "Mianhae" I grin.

"I won't be home tonight, I'm sleeping at my new apartment just for tonight. To see how it is" I said.

"Okay, take care of yourself! if there's anything happen, call me!" she smiled. "Um, arasso unnie! I'll get going now. Bye!" I hugged her.

I walked towards the bus stop and waited for my bus, It was only me and a guy sitting at the edge of the bench putting his headphone on and singing with low voice. He probably didn't notice me sitting here but his voice are really nice and I'm drowning in his falsetto. My bus has arrived, surprisingly we waited for the same bus but I never seen him before. As I arrived at the cafe, I went into the staff room and put on chocolate apron and started working. I was doing my usual job, taking orders, making ice blended or clean up the table when I have time. 

11:30p.m. Work has ended, our sale for today reached 250,000won. "I'll closed the shop for today!" I shouted while mopping the floor. "Thank you Ha Na! I'll get going now" I heard manager's voice from afar. 

I locked the cafe's door safely and put the key into my pocket. It took a 5 minutes walk to my apartment. I unlocked the door and look around the house, thank god it was tidy. I cleaned up a bit, since most of the furniture are covered in dust. What an exhausting day today! fortunately I have a day off tomorrow so I can spend  time shopping for my house interior since it looks dull and boring.