date

Fear

Chen's POV

I walked to the park, enjoying the lovely weather in the evening. The atmosphere is nice, everyone seems to be chilling with their friends, lover and family. I drop by a convenient store to buy some snacks and drinks to share with Ha Na. My heart are pumping vigorously, excited to meet her. "Hey, where are you? I'm already here" I texted her. I wore something casual today, something that suits the weather.

140611_exo_happy-camp_chen_05.jpg

I was waiting for her at the park. Left hand holding a plastic bag, right hand holding my phone, waiting for her text. I leaned over a shady tree and reminiscing the memories I had with my mom when I was a kid. Having a picnic together, eating sandwiches and jello together, blowing bubbles to the bright sky, the laughter we had back then are still fresh in my mind. 

"Hey!" a familiar voice approached me and tapped my shoulder.

I turned around and faced her, she was wearing grey shirt, black jeans and grey converse with hair tied up. She wore something casual yet she looks the prettiest among the fancy crowds. "Annyeong" I hugged her. She seems surprised by my action, "I bought us snacks and drinks" I smiled and lift my left arm to show her the plastic bag. "Since, we're under a shady tree. Let's just sit here" she smiled. We took a sit on the green grass, under a shady tree. "The weather is so nice" she said and inhale deeply. "It's even nice that I'm enjoying this kind of weather with you" I murmur to myself, not wanting her to hear what I said. 

"What?" she asked.

"No nothing, I'm just agreeing with you" I chuckled lightly and rubbed my nape.

I gave her a bottle of guava juice, "where did you came from, earlier?" I asked. She took a sip, "I was from an orphan house nearby".

"Orphan house?" I asked, still confused. 

"The house where I grew up" she said calmly. 

"Well, honestly.." she paused and took a deep breath. "When I was 8, my dad died because he was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. My mom was acting differently since then, she often got mad at us. Cursing at me and Ha Neul for being useless. We had no one to look up to, but ourselves. One day, mom decided to left me and Ha Neul alone in the shabby house during night, in the winter. People in our neighbourhood noticed that we're living alone without an adult guidance so they sent us to the orphan house for good. I grew up there with Ha Neul, until he also decided to left me alone" she said and slowly tears drop on her cheeks.

I wiped her cheeks using my thumb and slowly pushed her head on my shoulder. I rubbed her back and calmed her "It's okay, just let it out" I said. I can feel my shoulder got wet by her tears and the sound of her sobbing makes my heart crumple like a paper. Thinking how hard her life is, she is a tough girl that she can easily go through this kind of things. 

"You okay now?" I asked in concern.

"Yeah" she nodded and sit up straight "Gomawo oppa".

"Gwaenchana" I gave her a reassuring smile. "So Ha Neul is your brother?" 

"He's my twin, but he acts like a big brother to me" she said. "He's probably the Kang Ha Neul, the trainees are talking about" she continued.

But. Ha Neul never said that he has a sister or even a twin. I don't want to break it up to her if the Ha Neul we know is the real Ha Neul she's talking about or just some guy that looks exactly the same and had the exact same name.

"Do you want to know something about me?" I asked, grinning.

She laughs "what is it? tell me?" she said and came closer to my face. My heart are pumping vigorously once again.

"To be honest, my name is Kim Jong Dae" I said shyly.

She laugh historically. "Jong Dae-ya!" she teases. "How come your name is Chen?" she asked.

"I'm half blooded Chinese, my mom is Chinese. But she died when I was 13 years old" I said.

"That make sense" she said. 

"You're the only person who knew my Korean name, don't spill it out!" I warned her.

"Gwaenchana Jong Dae-ya, I won't spill it out" she patted my head.

The sky are getting dark without we even knowing, raindrops slowly drop on our heads "Ohmygod it's raining!" Ha Na shrieked. "Do you have an umbrella? I forgot mine" she panicked. "It's okay let just go, since it's just raindrops. I think we can make it to the bus stop" I said.

While we were walking suddenly it rains heavily. I took off my shirt and cover our heads, together side by side we ran towards the bus stop. "Thank god, we're not drench in rain" she said. We took the same bus, and as soon as we arrived at the next bus stop, "Let me walk you home" I said.

"It's okay, I can walk alone. The rain has stopped now" she gave me a reassuring smile.

"It's getting dark, and a gentleman should not let a girl walk alone in the dark" I winked.

So, in the end we walked together. It's just a 3 minutes walk from the bus stop to her apartment. "Thank you for accompanying me, Oppa" she smiled. 

"You're welcome" I said and kissed her forehead unintentionally. "Oh sorry.." I said in low voice, embarrassed of my own action.

She chuckled, "It's okay and it was a nice date actually" and kissed my right cheek. 

I was glad that she think it's a date and everything went well as I wished for. I lay on my bed and reminiscing the date we had earlier and slowly drift off to sleep.