scout

Fear

I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm. Sleeping here wasn't a bad idea, the bed is comfortable. I opened the curtain to let the sunrays in. Today's schedule is to shop for my apartment interior! I was so excited, I took a long shower to freshen up myself and dress up in grey croptop, black coloured skater skirt and peep toe boots. I applied some light makeup since I have to look good in crowds.

large]27A03DBLK_large.jpglarge]

I grab my black backpack and went to the bus stop. I'm thinking I should stop by the orphan house in case they're getting worried about me. I've arrived at the bus stop near the orphan house and surprisingly I saw the same guy from yesterday but today he didn't have his headphones on and he wasn't singing. His eyes were closed while he leaned against a board behind him.

I got into the house but I didn't see anyone. I searched for Miss Choi but she's no where to be found. I searched for Soo Hyun unnie and the kids said she's taking a shower. I played with the kids meanwhile waiting for her to finish. "Ha Na? you're here?" she asked, body wrapped in towel. "Yes, I was on my day off today and I'm thinking to stop by here to say everything is fine back there" I said. 

 "Oh, I see. So how was your new apartment? is it comfortable? is it cold? are you sleeping well?" she asked in concern. 

"Everything is fine unnie. You don't have to worry! it's comfortable, it's warm and yes I'm sleeping very well!" I chuckled. "So, what's your plan today?" she asked. "I'm going out to shop for my apartment interior. Do you want to accompany me?" I asked. "I wish I can but since Miss Choi is not here, I have to take care of the kids" she pouted.

"Mianhae Ha Na" she apologized.

"Gwaenchana" I smiled. "I'll get going now! bye!" I bid farewell and hugged her tightly.

I took a bus to the destination I'm heading. I saw this one guy who looked at me oddly. It gave me goosebumps when I noticed his appearance, it was creepy and my heartbeat were accelerating because I was scared. I fear strangers, I'm not fond of them. I don't like it when people stare at me and I get awkward when people approach me. Where are you Ha Neul, please protect me

As soon as I arrived, I walked as fast as possible and went into a souvenir shop. The shop is really warm inside and it sells vintage stuff. I looked around the shop and saw a butterfly inside a frame. It was indeed beautiful but it's expensive. Since I had nothing to buy, I went outside. 

I was approached by the guy in the bus I saw earlier. "Excuse me, miss" he said. It was awkward and I tried to keep myself calm "Uh, yes? how may I help you?" I asked

He showed me his business card "Actually I worked in SM Entertainment. My job is to scout people and turn them into an idol" he said. 

"SM Entertainment?" I asked confused. 

"It an entertainment company, we produce big star such as Girls generation, Shinee, Super junior and f(x)" he stated. I'm sure I've heard this before from Ha Neul but I was not into it so I didn't bother to find out more. 

"It okay, I can tell you more about this. Can we have a talk in the cafe?" he pointed at the cafe I'm working at. Since I feel secure that he'll take me to a shop I'm familiar to, so I agreed to his invitation. We walked towards the cafe, while he describe the company's achievement in the entertainment industry.

"Let me take your order" I asked. He looked confused, "I would like Ice Americano" he smiled. I went to the counter and ordered Iced Americano and Ice Shaken Lemon tea. "Unnie, who's that?" my colleague asked "Oh, that" I paused "I'm quite sure, he said he's from SME, he's scouting me and he said I can be an Idol and such. Isn't that weird?" I giggled while putting my drinks on a tray. "Mwo?! SM Entertainment?!" she said in high pitch voice. "Unnie! you're so lucky!" she squealed. I laugh at her action and walk away.

"Sorry it took a long time" I smiled. "It's okay" he smiled back.

He introduced himself and his job as SME manager and he will take care of the group that will soon debut. He also talked about Sm Entertainment, being the big three in South Korea entertainment industry. SME produced famous idol and they took care of their idol carefully and precisely. I just nodded to every word he said. "So, why would you want me as a trainee?" I asked. "Well you suited our company's criteria" he said.

"Criteria?" I asked. "You are quite tall, you have fair skin, big eyes with double eyelid, sharp nose and small lips. You even resemble one of our trainee back then, he's a handsome young boy" he chuckled.

I was surprise of his peculiar reason to scouted me. I did agree to his offer to become a trainee but he said that I have an audition to attend 3 days from now and I have to be prepared. "Most of the people I scouted passed the audition easily" he raised his eyebrows. "I'm sure you'll get in because our appearance department doesn't have to spend a penny on you" he smirked.

We bid farewell as the night come. He gave me his business card and told me to contact him soon. I'll make sure that I will pass the audition and I will show my talent to the world. And I wanted you to know and realized that I am not a useless person as you think I am.