d-day

Fear

2nd day of praticing f(x)'s rum pum pum pum choreography for my audition and knife party's centipede remix for back up. Well it wasn't that hard for me since I like dancing and Minho oppa's friend teached me the choreography for both songs so I don't have to worry about anything.

While I was practicing centipede remix, I heard my phone ring tone so I ran to pick up the call, "Annyeong Ha Na! how are you doing? is the practice went well?" I heard Minho oppa's voice from my phone's speaker. "Ahh, ne oppa. Everything went well" I said. "Don't you have work today?" he asked. Oh ! I take a glimpse on my watch, 15 minutes passed 4. I'm dead, I'm going to be late! I rushed to pack my things after I ended my call with Minho oppa.

I ran like a wind straight to the bus stop and waited for a few minutes until my bus have arrived.

"Sorry I'm late" I said to my manager while putting my apron on.

"Gwaenchana Ha Na sshi, it's your first anyway" she smiled.

There's not that much of customer who came. I was busy organizing some stuff on the counter until I heard a door bell rang. "Annyeonghaseyo!" I said in high pitch voice but I didn't look at who was coming.

I was still busy wiping the counters and washing mugs and plates until someone let out small cough. "Oh, sorry" I turned around and wiped my hands on my apron. "So, may I have your order?" I asked him, smiling.

"Yes sure, I would like to take away hot cappuccino"

I took a large paper cup and marked it. "Anything else? cakes? muffins?" I asked. "That's it I guess" he let out a soft chuckle.

He took his drink after a minute wait and walked out. "Thank you for coming!" once again I said in high pitch voice. Well that's what I do often, and practically good at it.

Today is the 3rd day which is also the day I have to audition. I went to work early and ended early because I have an audition to attend. "Ha Na fighting! I'm sure you're gonna do great!" Hyeri cheered for me. "Gomawo Hyeri" I smiled. I heard a beep sound from my phone, there's a text message from Minho oppa, "I'm already in front of your cafe. Come out, I'm sending you :)".

He drove all the way from Apgujeong to Gangnamgu. We talked on our way and he always said that I'll be fine, I don't have to be nervous and I'm going to get accepted no matter what because he's Minho. No one can disobey Minho, he reassure me.

I waited for my turn, which is number 36. My heartbeat were accelerating and I started to drop cold sweats. We were seated in a hall and I heard some people practiced singing and some were dancing. Most of them are good enough to beat me, well some of them doesn't have the 'it' look but they got amazing talent and plastic surgery on call.

34, 35 and finally my number, 36. I was told to go a special room, I stood in the middle of the stage, under the spotlight, in front of a camera and judges. The judges are SM performance director, SM appearance director and SM representative which is Minho oppa, no wonder he told me not to worry.

"My name is Kang Ha Na, I'm 19 years old" I said and I could hear my voice trembles. "You may start now" one of the judges said. 

I danced to f(x) rum pum pum pum perfectly without mistakes until someone stops the music. "Do you have any song other than this?" asked the performance director. I panicked and my face started to turn red. "Yes, I do" I panicked. The person who's in charge of audio played Knife party centipede remix as what I wrote in the paper for my backup song. Since this song was choreographed by Minho oppa's friend, I don't have to worry to come out with dance steps spontaneously.

I bowed after the song ended, and straight away went to the bathroom. I look on my reflection in the mirror, I looked awful. With my face as red as a tomato, messy hair and sweats dripping on both sides of my temple. I wiped my sweats, tied my hair and wash my face. I put on baby powder and natural colour lip balm.

I texted Minho oppa saying "Oppa, I'm going home okay" and he replied back after a few seconds "Oh, okay. Take care, I'll text you the result as soon as it come out". The day turn into dusk as soon as I walked out. I went to the nearest bus stop since I'm not very familiar with this area. It's 6:45 p.m and it was so dark outside. The bus stop light is not working and I'm sitting here alone but thankfully after a 5 minutes wait, the bus I'm waiting for, have arrived. The next stop is a bus stop in front of the cafe I'm working. I went inside the cafe, "Annyeonghaseyo!" a familiar voice I heard. "Oh Annyeong" I walked to the counter, "Ice shaken lemon tea please" I said and paid for my drink. 

"Unnie, you look exhausted" Hyeri said while making the drink I ordered. "Yeah" I said but didn't face her. I took my drinks and went out. 

I unlocked the door, untied my sneakers, put my drinks on the table and laid on my bed. And slowly drift off to sleep.