orphan house

Fear

I live in fear. 

My name is Kang Ha Na. I have a twin brother named Kang Ha Neul. I just turned 19 years old on 27th May. We live alone, my dad died when I was 8 years old. It is definitely the most depressing time of life. My dad died because he was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer. My mother left us because she was too depressed on the fact that her beloved husband passed away. She left me with my twin brother alone in this shabby house. In the rain, during the cold night she left us sleeping on our uncomfortable beds, hugging our knees in sadness and whisper to each other that we will be alright and we will take care of each other even without anyone's help. 

Ha Neul is in the same age as me but he act like a big brother. He protect me from danger, and from unfaithful people around me. One day, Ha Neul and I was sent to an orphan house in the city, far from where we lived. We made friends with the people in the orphan house. They treated us nicely, maybe because we have the same fate. Our unlucky fate, some people in the house had lost both of their parents in a tragic accident, some were here because they're homeless and some of them were here because their parents left them. It was unbelievable on how we have the same fate, I thought only me and Ha Neul was the only unlucky person on the earth but there is also other people with different face but same feelings and same fate.

"I'm glad we're here with good people" Ha Neul smiled. 

Yes, I am glad. I am glad that I'm here with you, with our new friends and with the people who took care of us. We gaze out from our window, looking at the full moon in the dark night. I thought sometimes when I stare at the moon, I wonder how many people will stare at it in the same time as I do. 

I had a nice deep sleep until someone woke me up in the early morning "Yah! Ha Na wake up!" Ha Neul shouted while shaking my shoulder viciously. "Ugh!" I groaned. 

"Why are you waking me up early in the morning" I said half asleep. "Soo Hyun noona said there will be people who wanted to meet us!" he said in excitement. "Who?! Who wants to see us early in the morning huh?" I stared at him.

"Who know's? probably mom"

"What makes you think that mom will search for us? she left us because she doesn't want us Ha Neul! don't you get it?! stop being indenial!" I half shouted and shed a tear,

"Stop being so angry at mom. Maybe she has a reason to leave us"

"What reason?! to find another man and marry him and then come to us?!" I said. "Life isn't as what you think Ha Neul. Don't get your hopes to high, they might fall down..."

Just like that, Ha Neul left my room while sobbing. I just had to say this even if its tough for him to accept the reality but that is it. Reality . I took a shower and changed into clean clothes. I wore white long sleeve blouse, white pants and tied my long hair up because I was too lazy to style it. I left for breakfast at the cafeteria downstairs and I found Soo Hyun unnie also having her breakfast alone "Good morning Unnie!" I tapped her right shoulder. She was shocked as what I expected, "Good Morning Ha Na!" she smiled. I went to the counter to grab my breakfast and sat beside Soo Hyun unnie. "Have you went to the meeting room? there's someone who wants to adopt the Kang siblings" she said.

"Jinjja?!" I shouted.

I finished my tuna sandwich and ran towards the meeting room. I knocked on the door twice and I opened it. I saw a pair of couples, a girl that sat beside the woman, Miss Choi and Ha Neul who sat infront of them. 

"Sorry I'm late" I bowed. 

"Come in and take a sit, Ha Na" Miss Choi said while pointing to a leather chair beside Ha Neul. 

I went to the other side of the table to take a sit "Annyeonghaseyo I'm Kang Ha Na, twins to Kang Ha Neul. Nice to meet you" I said while looking down on my feet because I was too shocked upon what I just saw vaguely.