Epilogue

Let Me Read Your Mind
 || EPILOGUE || 

The beginning of the end.

 

Chemistry class will start in ten minutes time. And as Baekhyun makes his way to the locker hallway, he already knows how things are going to happen. Because they already have before.

Gosh these girls are crazy, even attacking Jihae just because I drove her to school. Luhan’s thoughts echoe in his mind. His heartbeat becomes irregular as he takes uneasy footsteps towards the site where he had first seen her.

“Enlighten me will you? Why is it that I’m so good looking yet, you’re so ehem ehem.”  Luhan says as Jihae rolls her eyes at him.  

It’s as though history is repeating itself.

"Bye see you at home!” Jihae replies as she waves towards Luhan.

 

But this time history is going to change. Baekhyun is sure of it. And it starts from right now.

 

Jihae grabs her books needed for Chemistry and walks in the direction of Baekhyun. He quickly dodges away, resulting in him never bumping into her. Just as he does, the memories flies back to him.

 

 “Oh my gosh sorry!” The girl said as she bent down to pick up the worksheets. “Nah it’s okay.” Baekhyun replied, flashing off a smile. “Thanks!” She passed him his worksheets and their hands meet. Still nothing. He thought.

 

And so her worksheets never fell. And he never felt the soft touch of her hand against his skin.

Baekhyun quietly enters class just after Jihae. A sad smile finds its way onto his face as he takes the seat furthest away from her. He makes sure he keeps a safe distance away of her. He doesn’t want to take even a slight risk.   

 

“Hi! My name is--” Jihae’s words were interrupted by Baekhyun. “Jihae…” He said. “How did you know?” She questioned. “Luhan told me about you before.” He replied immediately. “Oh I see.” She smiled. “I’m Baekhyun by the way.”

 

Without himself realising, he has been staring at her constantly. He only stops when she turns back. But Jihae doesn’t see him. She barely turns her head around for a good stretch. His heart beat returns to its normal rate when she looks back at her notebook.

The door swings open as Mr Kim enters the classroom.

“Good Morning class. As you know we have a new student with us today.” Mr Kim says.

Of course he knows. He knows Jihae. He loves her. She loves him. Or at least she used to. But fate had to be so cruel to tear them apart. And although she is just seating right there in front of Baekhyun, he feels as though they are a million miles apart.

And as if on cue, Jihae says, “Hello everyone my name is Jihae, nice to meet everyone. I hope we’ll get along well.”

Baekhyun has to bite his lips to fend away the overwhelming emotions that are flooding his mind. Jihae looks so happy and innocent. And all that changed after he meets her. After he left her and tore her heart apart. But now he is going to mend everything all back.

Even if that means tearing his own heart apart.

He recognises the scene of her seating back down on her chair even though he is now viewing it from another angle. A further one. Everything appears to be the same. But it isn’t and it will never be. She will not know of his existence. She will not fall in love with him.

 

Baekhyun smiles sadly and thinks, I hope it stays this way forever.

 

THE END. AUTHOR'S NOTE COMING RIGHT UP!

EDITED ON 18/2/15