Can’t it be me? 안되니

My Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Can’t it be me? 안되니

" />

Shin Hye was helping her mom to set the table for their Christmas dinner. Soo Hyun was sitting in living room with her dad and brother watching television.

“Appa oppa dinner’s ready,” Shin Hye called them.

“Jal mal get sum nida,” they said in unison before eating the dinner.

“Omonim, everything is delicious,” Soo Hyun loved Shin Hye’s mother’s cooking.

“Eat plenty Soo Hyun,” urged her mom piling more dishes onto his bowl.

Soo Hyun could only nod as he kept on eating. He liked eating with Shin Hye’s family. Unlike his family where everyone ate in silence, Shin Hye’s family dinners are usually noisy with their good-natured teasing of each other.

“Your drama is really good. I watched every episode even your aboji here watches it,” said her mom proudly.

“Ani….She forced me to watch with her hehehe but I have grown to love it too,” laughed her father.

“Me too…whenever I am home omma will force me to watch. I have become a reluctant fan,” admitted her brother grudgingly.

Everyone laughed at his remark since they all knew that he was a bigger drama addict than his mom. After dinner, Soo Hyun stayed for a while talking with her family.  He really liked how warm and welcoming her family was whenever he and Geun Seuk came to visit them. They were always treated like family. Today was no exception.

“Omonim abonim....gomawo for dinner,” he bowed to her parents politely.

“Neh come visit us again soon,” her mom patted his back softly.

“Bye hyung,” he bowed at Shin Hye’s brother.

“Omma I will walk him out,” Shin Hye grabbed her coat and went out with Soo Hyun.

 

She walked with him to his car, which was parked near the road. Shin Hye put her cold hands in the pocket of her jacket and smiled at Soo Hyun.

“Goodbye oppa. I had a fun time today,” She said sincerely looking at him.

Soo Hyun beamed and looked up at the sky and sighed loudly. Shin Hye looked up too wondering what was making him sigh. It was a starless night.

“Could I have a hug?” He murmured nervously.

Shin Hye kept quiet not knowing what she should say to that. She looked at Soo Hyun and saw that he was looking at her expectantly and seeing that sad look in his eyes she faltered. She nodded. She felt Soo Hyun pulled her in an embrace and she just stood there letting him embraced her. He let her go and smiled warmly at her.

“Goodbye. Go on in. I will go once I see you go inside,” he urged her to go and put his hands on her shoulders and pushed her to go in her apartment complex. Shin Hye walked slowly forward but before she entered the apartment complex, she turned and waved at him. He smiled brightly and waved back. When she disappeared from his view, his smile disappeared. He looked at the sky again in anguish. The dark starless night mirrored his feelings of desolation. He got into his car and drove off with a heavy heart.

 

Whenever you call, the one that runs to you

Why don't you know it’s me

Can’t I be the one? Really can’t I be the one?

I would make you smile everyday

The one who would watch over you until the end

Can’t that person be me?

 

**************************

Min Ho had just arrived in Seoul. He debated whether to call Shin Hye but decided against it since he wanted to give her a surprise. He parked the car and went out of his car with the present that he had prepared for her. He walked to the security room and asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter