Ch.2- Contract

You're Next My Love II

Haeun's POV:

I opened the doors slowly and peered inside making sure someone was there like Baekhyun had told me. Junmyeon and Kris flanked the sides of me making me feel reassured, but the moment my eyes landed on the person who was sitting behind the  wood desk, shivers went down my spine. 

"Well hello," he tried to smile warmly, but all I could feel from it was pure coldness.

"A-annyeonghaseyo.." I bowed politely as I walked in with Junmyeon and Kris who seemed to have tensed up, but tried to remain calm. 

"Why is Suho and Kris here?" Youngmin eyed the two guys with narrowing eyes. 

"We're just here to her," Kris spoke up with the struggle of steadying his voice. "She came straight from the hospital."

"Ahh, I see, well, either way, it's good we have the two leaders here," Youngmin continued scanning me with his eyes making me feel slightly self concious. "I've heard and read many things about you Miss Choi Haeun."

I didn't know whether to smile or to laugh so I just kept quiet and awkwardly grinned. I watched carefully as the CEO went through one of his drawers and pulled out a bunch of paper work and colored folders. He pulled out the red one first and carefully opened it.

"This folder contains past information about you that our staffs put together. I have read every article, paragraph, and sentence inside this folder. You were dating Kai were you not?" his voice suddenly turned serious and stern as he glanced at me. "I won't allow that sort of thing to go public ever again. I am not the same as Lee Soo Man."

"You seem to have a bad repuation among the EXO fans and it seems like you've already been targeted many times by the sasaeng fans too. I also read an article about a small scandal between you, Chanyeol, and Luhan."

His words pierced my heart like needles one by one. These were memories I wanted to forget and never remember. Youngmin closed the folder abruptedly and set it down only to pick up a thick green folder with papers sticking out from the sides. 

"This green folder will be the key to your survival here," he scanned the papers and flipped through them one by one. What's he talking about?

From the green folder, he pulled out a sheet that had my picture on it, but it wasn't my name next to it. I looked at it with confusion.

"Uhm...this..this isn't m-"

"Yes, I am well aware that isn't your name, but if you don't want to be eaten alive by the public, I suggest you listen to what I have to say," Youngmin placed his hand ontop of the weird paper while holding a lock on me with his scary eyes.

"If people were to find out that EXO's Kai's girlfriend was suddenly put in the hospital and that he himself has suddenly gone missing, the media would go crazy and various rumours would spread. I don't want to take that chance since it could bring down the company stocks. Instead, I have come up with a certain contract."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Kris flinch, making me wonder what was so wrong about a simple contract.

"Now I'm pretty sure you haven't thought of the hospital bill, nor should you since we have taken care of everything. And to pay off that debt, you will be working as a manager for EXO. Therefore taking on the new identity of Park Hae Yeon. We'll also provide you with a dorm and consider your past history dead and gone. Your relationship with Kai is diminished and the past scandals will be erased."

He dangled the red folder in front of me and dropped it into the trash can. My heart was thrashing around in my chest. I already knew where this was going.

"Wait, then...if she's taking on a new identity, does that mean she has to try to remain as discrete as possible?" Junmyeon suddenly jumped in. I had totally forgotten they were with me since I was immersed in the contract deal. 

"I would prefer to be as discrete as she can, but that all depends how well she'll do her job. Oh, you'll also be paid for this since you will be apart of the SM staff. You'll know when you're job is done because I will be keeping track of how much you get done," Youngmin continued to speak as he grabbed a few papers out and held it out to me.

"Just sign here and fill out these. Although the process is usually more complicated, I'm making an acception for you since you are Luhan's younger sister am I correct?" 

I slowly nodded as I took the documents from his hands.

"We will also protect your identity at all cost, so please do sign here, I mean where else do you have to go? I am also fully aware that your 'parents' are in China right now."

Parts of me wanted to understand what he was after and why he was doing this, but there were other parts of me that just wanted to live life peacefully. 

He handed me a pen and I could feel my hand shake as I bent down to sign the paper. It all sounded so easy, but was it really? I had to live by a new name, live by this person rules, and live secretly. Constantly hiding myself. Is this what you want?

I didn't want to hide anymore, but I also didn't want to burden EXO any longer than I have now. They've been through so much because of me and I didn't want to risk any thing else. Right when the pen hit the paper, Kris suddenly placed his hands on top of mine whispering," Wait."

I looked at him with confusion and could feel the air get really tensed. When I looked back down at my hand, I could see Kris shaking for some odd reason. Is he okay??

"What's wrong??" I asked him worried as my eyes searched for any type of injury, but he was fine.

"Are you sure about this?" he asked me his eyes completely serious. "You'll be signing your life away if you do this Haeun..there will be no turning back.."

He seems so desperate to stop me....why?

"I want to protect all of you...I don't want to see you guys get hurt or troubled because of me, so I can at least do this for you," I smiled sadly as I removed his hand from mine and signed the areas needed. Once I was done, I felt like I had commited some sort of crime. It didn't feel right at all, but I had to do what needed to be done. For the sake of everyone...

I handed back the pen and handed the documents back to Youngmin who was smiling as if he was a proud father. He shuffled he papers neatly and tucked it back inside the green folder while releasing a small sigh of what seemed to be approval.

"You made a good choice my dear," he nodded at me. I laughed a little bit and smiled the best I could.

"Now this is where the two of you come in," Youngmin's eyes darted between Kris and Junmyeon. "The two leaders."

Kris avoided the CEO's eyes at all costs while Junmyeon timidly faced him holding his head high.

"You will be helping Miss Haeun conceal her identity no matter what, I have already prepared a small room for her until her dorm is finished and cleaned. You will both tell the EXO members that Haeun will be going to China to live with her parents in safety and comfort tonight at 10:30 P.M so they shouldn't worry any more. Junmyeon will go and grab Haeun's luggage from your dorm since I'm guessing Baekhyun took it upstairs. I will give Haeun this plane fake plane ticket and you will be dropped off at the airport with Luhan to say your "goodbyes", but I will have people on stand by to drive you back here secretly and then that's when your new life as Park Hae Yeon will start. Trust me, I have this all planned out for you my dear."

Youngmin pushed the plane ticket towards me slowly, but I hesitated to grab it. Would this really work? Would the members really be so easily decieved? 

"But....won't they notice me when I come in to tell them their schedules??" I asked him feeling unsure and doubtful. 

"No, we will also be changing your appearence just a little and no that does not mean plastic surgery. We will just be dying your hair a different color and every day you will be wearing contacts. I'm leaving the stylists up to the color."

"Why are you so keen on keeping her hidden?" Kris spoke up with a hint of anger hidden in his voice. "She's not some sort of animal."

"Did I not say it before Wu Yi Fan? Haeun is a dangerous threat to us. She has many secrets kept within her mind and one day she'll end up exposing all of it. How do you think Lee Soo Man will feel?"

"Haeun isn't like that."

"I can't take any risks. She's also a threat to your fame. You do realize the moment she was reveiled to the public, fans refused to buy any merchendise? When I saw the graphs and data I almost gagged. I understand how skeptical you are right now, but I will hold this company till it's almost perfect."

Kris said no more and Junmyeon didn't utter a single word in response. 

"Now if everything is okay, the plan will begin the moment you step outside my door. You will go upstairs to the dorm, grab her luggage and Luhan, go to the airport and Choi Haeun will never be seen again. On the other hand, Park Hae Yeon will be coming back to join our manager program, arrasseo?"

"Neh..." the three of us timidly replied and bowed.

My heart was silently breaking once more. Is this really what I want to happen?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: 

Hey!!! Sorry i've been so Hiatus T^T

I've been having writers block @_@ ugh xD

Anyway!

I hope you're all having a wonderful summer so far!!

Subscribe and Comment for more <3