Ch.12- Pre-Plan

You're Next My Love II

Haeun's POV:

"H-Haeun?" Jongdae said my name chopply as if he couldn't believe who was in front of him. "What?...No...there's no way...I was told...what??"

I was scared to move. It was over. My identity was figured out. I had to quit. Was this really it? Just like that? I let my guard down for just a moment and this happens. Maybe I should really go back to China? 

"Is...it really you?" Jongdae reached out to touch me, but someone grabbed his wrist almost immeditally. We both looked to the right and to the side of him was Baekhyun who just smiled at him sparklingly.

"What're you doing Chen-ah?" Baekhyun casually asked as if I wasn't there. 

"D-Do you not see her Baek??" Jongdae spoke in confusion while looking at me from head to toe. "HAEUN IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!"

"No she isn't silly," Baekhyun laughed it off. "You must be having some hallucinations, Haeun's in China remember?"

Baekhyun's gaze suddenly looked back at me and they told me to get my stuff on as quick as possible. So i shut the door quickly and ran to the bathroom putting my contacts on and grabbed my hat. I put my hair in a ponytail too. Then I scrambled back to the front door where Baekhyun and Jongdae were having a talk about whether 'Haeun' was real or not. 

I breathed a sigh of relief as Jongdae came up to me quickly and bowed.

"I'm..I'm sorry...I mistook you for a close friend of mine....you...you looked like her..." Jongdae spoke in a small voice. 

"It's okay," Baekhyun rubbed his back with a gentle smile. "We all miss her."

"H-haha...it's okay...but uhm...what can I help you with?" I asked trying to compose myself.

"Oh, our schedules were cancelled today except for the dance practice and Sungwoo told us to tell you to come down to watch us," Baekhyun explained laying his elbow on Jongdae's shoulder. Baekhyun's playfullness never seemed to die no matter the situation and to think he just saved me from having my real identity exposed meant that he was trying his best to keep it a secret from everyone.

"Ahh...I see...alright...I'll be down soon," I smiled the best I could as they both bid me goodbye. Once I closed the door, my knees grew weak and I found myself sitting on the floor in shock and bewilderment. Still, I couldn't forget the look Jongdae had on his face when he saw me. It was like watching a little kid recieve one of the biggest presents out of all the little ones. He seemed so...lonely.

"Stupid Sungwoo...is this revenge for not listening to him the other day?" I gurmbled as I stumbled to stand up regularly. "That was scary..."

.

.

.

.

Baekhyun's POV:

"I really thought I saw her though Baek...that woman...looked exactly like her..." I heard Jongdae murmur as we walked back down to the dance room. "Her eyes, her lips, her...aura was just..Haeun..."

"But it wasn't her," I sighed. "Haeun's in China recovering from the pain we've given her...you know that...."

"I know...but I wish she was here with us..." Jongdae replied as he walked ahead of me with his head hung low. As much as it killed me to lie to him, I had to. For Haeun's sake and ours. 

*Earlier when Haeun shut the door*

I pulled Jongdae into the middle of the hallway trying to calm him down.

"That was her!" Jongdae glared at me. "THAT WAS HAEUN!"

"No it wasn't!" I almost shouted back. "That's the new staff member, her name is Park Hae Yeon."

"Don't lie to me Baek," Jongdae spoke in a lower tone now. "I know Haeun when I see her. I was NOT hallucinating!"

"Jongdae-ah, we haven't had any sleep for these past few days because of our schedules, you're tired. You're body is going to desire things you can't have, and Haeun is one of those things. She left remember? She sent all of us goodbye texts. She's not coming back. Not for you, not for Luhan, and not for me." 

Jongdae got quiet after I spoke, but then Haeun finally re-opened the door.

*End*

.

.

.

Haeun's POV:

When I got to the dance room, the boys were split into EXO-K and EXO-M. Sungwoo was leaning against the wall staring intently at the boys, but averted his attention to me once I approached him closer.

"You're here," he grinned at me.

"No, really?" I spoke sarcastically. "You almost made me blow my cover."

"Ahh...sorry," Sungwoo apologized with no emotion. What is with him?!

"So why am I here," I sighed as I too leaned on the wall staring at Jongdae who seemed to be completely out of it.

"I wanted to talk to you about Sohee," he whispered so only us two could hear. My body tensed up as I removed my focus from Jongdae to Kris who looked like he was in pain.

"What about it..." I replied steadying my voice the best I could.

"Do you know what happened?"

"No."

"Don't lie to me."

"I'm not."

"Then why were you and Kris caught in the CCTV cameras?"

My gut dropped to my stomach.

"What?" I looked at Sungwoo in disbelief. It couldn't be....does he think...we killed her?

"You two were caught in one of the camera angles," he whispered in a slightly annoyed tone. "How did that even happen?"

"We didn't do it," I whispered furiously. "It wasn't our fault..."

"I'm not saying it was," he replied calmly. "I'm just asking what happened."

I hesitated to answer. Nothing happened after. Sungwoo scolded me and Kris went back to the dorm. That's how it went. 

"Nothing did."

"Haeyeon."

"I swear."

"Then the camera?"

I gulped nervously feeling my hands sweat slightly.

"I...have it."

"Where?"

I stared at Sungwoo with question. "Why must you know?"

Sungwoo stared at me with suspcion.

"Because the police want both you and Kris...they have you as suspects, I'm trying to help you," Sungwoo spoke quietly. "Right now Youngmin-hyung is having a talk about it with the press, he's willing to pay them to not release the articles. Once the footage is leaked, EXO's reputation will downgrade immeditally and we can't have that when the SM Town Concert is soon. There's already conflict with Kris's suing issue too. There's so much to handle and you wouldn't want them to stress out right?"

I thought about it hard as my eyes drifted to Luhan who was working hard on following the choreography precisely. Sungwoo had a point. I became a manger to help them NOT stress out, but it seems like I've been doing the opposite.

"Why are we discussing this openly..." I muttered trying to change the subject. I figured the boys had already known since I could tell through all of their faces that something was indeed bothering them. "This is confidential evidence isn't it? There's cameras in here. If they catch anything suspcious between us, you'll be called in too don't you think?"

Sungwoo glanced at me from the corner of his eyes and sighed.

"You're right, we'll discuss this after our shift is over. How about lunch?" Sungwoo asked me casually. 

"Yeah, that sounds a bit safer than saying it out in the open like this.." I sighed with relief.

"Great, then it's a date."

"Huh?" I frowned. "Excuse me?"

Sungwoo started to suddenly smile making my heart ache a little. The atmosphere had been so heavy on me that I had forgotten that this guy could have fun and liked to mess with my mind.

"Don't worry~ It's not like it'll be your first date," he winked at me with a devilish grin on his face. "I mean in public anyway."

I had to bite my tongue down so I didn't say anything rash.

"Besides, these boys already know whats going, they just don't know how it happened," Sungwoo looked back at the boys who were now practicing Overdose.

"..."

"No," Sungwoo spoke again. "You will not tell them anything unless Kris does first."

"Okay...."

Silence flitted between us once more as we both immersed ourselves in our own thoughts. Kris was planning to leave anyday without any reason. I mean, I knew the reason, but did he really have to leave? How is he going to leave with this whole Sohee thing going on? He'll definitely be turned into a criminal since the police will think he left because he didn't want to go to jail. The EXO members obviously know about this, but it's not like me talking to them is going to do any good. If anything, the first person they'll suspect will be the first person who decided to leave EXO in the first place and that would be Jongin.

If this is a set up, then it has to be a set up for Jongin or Kris. Either one could be targeted or even framed if this goes wrong....where are you Jongin?.....