Ch.19- Forgive & Forget Part 1

You're Next My Love II

Haeun's POV:

*2 weeks later*

"So," Kim Youngmin spoke his hands folded under his chin and the fringe of his hair covering his eyes. "What do you want to do now Miss Choi?"

"...what can I do..." I mumbled trying to stop myself from shaking. "After that incident, the media is sure to find out the truth..."

"We're doing the best we can to keep them at bay....for now the story is that Kai was taking some time to cool off and calm down from schedules....and as for Kris, that situation is no longer in our hands....he has decided to do whatever on his own and I will not stop him.....all that leaves is you...we have no use for you anymore and Luhan has already heard about your situation so there's no running from it. I would prepare yourself mentally for the backlash you're going to get about Kai too," the CEO spoke in a very serious tone. 

I didn't want to admit it, but this guy was too good at managing these types of things. Everything that happened was taken care of....so what happens to me? Park Haeyeon is no longer needed. Choi Haeun has come out of hiding. Kris is free. Kai is in rehab. EXO is doing well..sorta. So what about me?

"I...understand..." I nodded solemly. "You want me to cut all and every tie from SM am I right?" 

The CEO looked up at me with dull and emotionless eyes and nodded.

"It's better for both you and the company. It's also good for EXO because then there won't be any distractions, on the other hand I am aware of your relationship with Baekhyun and I cannot control that boy at all. Luhan too is one whom I cannot control if it involves you, so assuming you want to be happy, I cannot make any decision for you about what you do about EXO from now. Whether you choose to keep your relationship a secret or to break it off is entirely up to you. I am not your love counslor," he sighed. "I want to keep this compnay alive even though there's so much hate. The dreams of these idols are important in keeping this place alive so I must do whats best."

I could feel a pang of guilt inside my heart as the CEO's words hit me. He wasn't too bad of a guy like everyone says. He just wants to do his best for the company and there's really nothing wrong with that, but I can't sit still and watch him work my friends and family to death. That's not who Choi Haeun is.

"Alright....then....can I make a proposal to you?" I spoke up as confident as I could. If anything else were to happen to everyone, I would never forgive myself. It's time for me to set things right before this gets even more complicated.

 

Kai's POV:

"I loved her.." I spoke up my voice shaking uncontrollably. "But then...when I saw her in that guys arms, I couldn't handle it....I don't know why...I could always endure it....but that moment...i felt like I just snapped...."

"That's called jealousy my friend," Miho said nonchalently. "Lust. Obsessiveness."

"Shut up....it's because of you I ended up like this...brainwashing....everything..." I said shutting my eyes tight trying to forget what i had done. There was no way to reverse anything. Haeun would hate me forever and be afraid forever. The EXO members, especially Baekhyun and Luhan will never forgive me. Not to mention Kyungsoo. There was nothing I could do to undo these sins.

"It's all out of love."

I could feel Miho rest her hand on mine, but I pulled back instictively.

"Get out. I never want to see you again," I mumbled glancing at her. She looked at me with a hint of anger, but I didn't care anymore. I had officially lost everything I had worked so hard to get. Haeun. EXO. SM. My fans. Everything. 

"As long as I'm living, you'll never be able to live in peace Jongin, remember that," Miho spoke in a threatening voice before standing up and leaving my hospital room. I didn't even watch her leave because I knew I would only get angry. 

"I'm so stupid..." I whispered to myself wanting to rip out my hair. "So...stupid..."

"No you're not," I heard a female voice say. I looked up quickly and felt my stomach churn. "You're not stupid Jongin."

"H...Haeun," my lips said her name slowly savouring the way it naturally came out my mouth, but I knew she wasn't here to console me. I knew why she was here, but my inner self didn't want to acknowledge it.

"Hey," she said in a small voice closing the door behind her, but when I looked passed her, I saw Baekhyun, Luhan and Kyungsoo standing outside the door. I knew I was going to have to face them all sooner or later...I just didn't think it'd be so soon. I couldn't even look Haeun in the eyes and just kept staring at my hands with my head low so that the fringe of my hair would cover my eyes in case I were to cry or something.

"I'm....not angry at you," she started off slow and steady. 

"I've..forgiven you....not because I pity you or whatever stupid you reason you have going through your head....I've forgiven you because I believe you can come back to being the Jongin I fell in love with..." she continued as I looked up to finally meet her eyes. She was staring at me, not with anger or hate, not even worriedness, but with kindness and maturity. My heart started to ache. I will never get the chance to keep these eyes to myself anymore....I was a fool....

"This doesn't mean we'll ever get back together....." she choked on her words a little bit as if trying not to cry. "Because my heart solely belongs to Baekhyun now...but don't get me wrong...I loved you Jongin...I really did....every second and moment we spent together created beautiful memories for me...I don't know about you, but I'll always cherish those memories inside my heart....you will always be there in my heart and nothing can replace that...but now, I want you to be happy and free....whether that means getting better and continuing your beloved dream as an idol, or it be you just starting over completely...I want you to get better and accept yourself.." 

All the words she said to me hit my heart like needles. I was hanging onto every word she was saying, crossing my fingers that she wouldn't leave yet. I still needed to apologize properly, but for some reason my voice wouldn't come out. It was that choked up feeling. Like when you're about to say goodbye to a loved one and your throat tightens up. That feeling.

"I know I don't have to say anything to you for you to understand why i came....because I know you already knew the moment I walked in...." she said quietly as she held onto my gaze and I held onto hers. As she was talking, all of our memories just seemed to have flashed by like a movie. And with each second of that movie, I knew it would be the last. 

"This is where I say my goodbye," she smiled sadly.  I knew it....

"No," She shook her head as if knowing what I was thinking. "I'm not moving back to China or to  Seoul....I'm not coming back to Korea for a long time...I'll be on my own....probably America or Canada if anything haha...."

"Then.." I spoke up suddenly. "What about....Baek...hyun?"

Haeun glanced over her shoulder and sighed with saddness. Before talking again, she had to look up to keep the tears from falling down her cheeks. Did they...break up? After calming down, she looked back at me with the most depressing smile I had ever seen in my whole life. 

"We....we're still figuring things out...." she laughed as a tear slid down her face making her immeditally wipe it away. "S-sorry...I didn't come here to cry...I shouldn't even be crying haha....."

I wanted to hug her. That's all there was to it. The girl who I treasured the most was crying in front of me and it wasn't just for one specific reason. She didn't want to leave. I could tell right away. She wanted to stay and be with us. 

"Then...stay," I said confidently. She looked at me with her watery eyes and a confused expression before turning around so I couldn't see her face.

"It's not as simple as that jongin....I wish it was...but it's not..." she answered in a quivering voice. Her head turned toward the clock that was hanging on the opposite wall and she hung her head low.

"I...should get going...I need to pack..." she glanced at me over her shoulder. She was smiling and crying at the same time. Do you know how much that hurt? Seeing someone so precious to you cry like that and still smile was heartbreaking in every possible way and you know what was even worse? I wasn't able to do anything about it. I had no right to do anything because I had hurt her.

"Goodbye Jongin..." she whispered before walking out the door. That's when I felt a cold tear slide down my cheek. 

She's gone. I've lost her. Again. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hey~

The story is almost done guys TT^TT

Oh my gahhhhh

>_<

Just what kind of propsal did Haeun make with CEO Youngmin?!