Ch.15- Not Dead, But Gone

You're Next My Love II

Haeun's POV:

For some odd reason, tears pricked my eyes as I watched him disappear before. Again.

"That was intense..." Sungwoo sighed. "That moron couldn't have picked a worser time..."

I silently let go of Sungwoo's shirt and clenched my fist by my sides feeling frustration boil inside me. Why can I never stop him? Why can't I ever make anyone happy? What am I doing wrong? He was right in front of me...I should've stopped him...I should've...I should've convinced him to stay.....but now he's gone....once again.

"Haeun?" Sungwoo grabbed my arm gently. "You okay?"

A small tear fell from my eye, but I wiped it away as I calmed myself down. This was no time to be selfish. I knew what needed to be done now that Jongin showed himself.

"Y-yeah..." I replied trying to steady my voice. "Thank you for being there....I feel like if you weren't then I wouldn't have been able to even speak to him without falling onto my knees..."

"Something about him was different don't you think?" Sungwoo asked walking beside me still holding onto my arm as if he knew any second I would fall onto the floor.

"Yeah....even I could feel it...." I shivered trying to erase the way he looked at me earlier. "That wasn't the Jongin I knew...."

"I wonder where he went..." Sungwoo looked in the direction where Jongin had ran as if he could still see him. 

"We'll never know..." I sighed unclenching my fists. "And we won't find out if we don't do something about this and Kris."

Sungwoo looked at me with confusion.

"Why are you talking about Kris all of a sudden??"

"Because if you think about it, since Kris and I are suspects of the investagation on Sohee, that means they'll be keeping their eyes on us closely and if Kris suddenly leaves without any explanation to the public, they'll all assume he's the one who was behind Sohee's homocide."

"Daebak," Sungwoo scoffed. "You sound like a legit detective."

"I'm doing the best I can," I smiled warily. "But on a more serious note...shouldn't we get back to the practice room?"

Sungwoo's hand dropped from my arms to check his phone in a hurried manner. "Crap."

.

.

.

.

*Back at the Practice room*

"We'll be leaving to China first," Luhan spoke to all the members. "And then you guys will come after."

"Yeah," Junmyeon nodded. "Since you guys need to promote over there first anyway."

"But what about the concert?" Sehun asked.

"We'll hold the SM Town concert in China first, then come back to Seoul," Junmyeon explained. "We've been waiting for this for so long guys..."

"Well we've worked hard," Minseok smiled and patted Jongdae and Baekhyun's backs. "It'll pay off soon."

"If only we were all here..." Kyungsoo murmured, but only I could hear it. My hands clenched into fists as I remembered Jongin's appearence in front of me just awhile ago. Sungwoo stood by my side closely glancing at me from time to time to check I was okay.

"Do you have any questions Kris or are you okay?" Junmyeon asked Kris looking a bit suspcious at his behavior. Kris seemed like he was in a daze and then snapped out of it when Tao nudged his arm a little.

"Huh? OH...Yeah...I'm good..." Kris spoke quietly. 

"Wait, so what are we eating?" Yixing asked Baekhyun who was fidgeting with his microphone. 

"Oh that's right," Baekhyun glanced up at me with a clever smile. "What ARE we eating Haeyeon-ssi?"

My cheeks flushed red at the sight of Baekhyun's playful smile as I looked at Sungwoo looking for answers.

"Chicken," Sungwoo answered for me. "Or you guys can order chinese food. You need to maintain your weight for the performances."

"Can't we go and grill at the place we always used to go to?" Chanyeol asked crossing his arms over hsi chest showing a glitter of hope in his eyes.

"No," Sungwoo sighed. "There was scandal that happened there last time, we can't afford to do anything risky since Jongin left."

No one said a word once Jongin's name was mentioned. He was that important to everyone. Imagine how quiet it would be if Kris left.

"Okay, okay, I'll order," Junmyeon said. "But everyone has to pay for their food unless someone wants to pay for you."

"Okay! Call!" Jongdae smiled happily. "I'll share with Baekhyunnie."

"What? I never said I was sharing!"

"You know, Jongin really used to love Chicken," Kyungsoo laughed. "Remember EXO Showtime?"

"Thats' right!"

"Those were fun times."

"Very fun."

"Go order!"

"Okay okay!"

"Wait, what about the managers?" Minseok pointed to both Sungwoo and I. 

"No it's okay, we ate already," Sungwoo smiled slyly. "It's fine."

"You sure?"

"Mhm."

Junmyeon left the room to make a call while the other boys just laid around the room on their phones or practicing some more. I sat down on a nearby bench and exhaled loudly,my thoughts jumbled together. Most of my thoughts contained Jongin and trying to find him. That was one of my top priorties, but then there was Kris who was planning on leaving. So I needed to come up with a game plan for both. One wants to leave, the other doesn't want to be found. 

How am I going to do this?