Ch.17- Fighting For You

You're Next My Love II

Haeun's POV:

"Wh-whoa, wait a minute Jongin-ssi," Sungwoo pulled me behind him to shield me. "Don't shoot."

"Why....." Jongin responded in a small voice. "No one else deserves her but me."

"Jongin..." I spoke as calmly as possible. "It doesn't have to be like this...if you do this, people aren't going to welcome you back...you're gonna give them what they want.."

"That's fine...as long as no one else has you," Jongin replied with an emotionless voice. 

"Jongin-ssi," Sungwoo began to speak. "It doesn't have to be like this....just...just tell us what you want."

"I've already said what I wanted," Jongin glared. "I want her."

My heart ached. Just what had happened for him to act like this? Am I really that oblivious? 

"Talk...talk to me Jongin, tell me what you want me to do," I stepped out from behind Sungwoo slowly. "What is it?"

Jongin finaly looked at me with widening eyes and slowly lowered the gun. A spark of hope flickered in his eyes as I tried my best not to shake. My heart was thumping wildly in my chest from nervousness and anxiety. I didn't want to get shot, nor did I want Sungwoo to get hurt. If it weren't for me, Sungwoo wouldn't have to be apart of this dangerous situation.

"You'll listen to me?" Jongin said his lips forming a small smile. "Really?"

I nodded. "I will....just...tell me..."

The small pistol gleamed a metalic black from the bathroom light. 

"Ha-"

"It's okay Sungwoo.." I tried to assure Sungwoo with a nod. "I will deal with this..."

"Come to me," Jongin opened his arms wide with a soft smile. "Please."

I could feel tears swell up in my eyes as I carefully walked towards him. I could have sworn the old Jongin was in front of me. The moment that smile appeared again, numerous flashbacks of us flashed in front of me and I thought to myself. Wouldn't it be better for us to just run away? 

"No," someone said as I was pulled back by my shoulders. "She's not goin anywhere, she belongs to Baekhyun."

I turned around to look at who it was and froze.

"W-wait, aren't you guys missing your plane?!" Sungwoo almost yelled. "Kris!"

"Sorry....I saw you running after her....and I couldn't just watch her being dragged away by some weird person..but now that i see it isn't a weird person, I'm a little conflicted..." Kris answered seriously still holding me on my shoudlers. He glanced down at me with his sharp eyes and smiled gently. "Sorry I'm late Haeun."

"J-jongin?" I heard Jongdae call out. "Hae...Haeyeon-ssi?...ani...Haeun?"

Jongdae stood in the door frame with wide and shocked eyes as he took in the situation. "What in the world is happening?!"

"J-jongdae.." I stuttered out his name. "I...can explain later...just..."

"Hyung," Jongin's voice interrupted Jongdae's confusion. My head snapped back to Jongin who was fiddling with the pistol again.

"Becareful...he has a gun..." I whispered to Kris who didn't seem fazed. 

"J-jongin-ah, why...are you holding a gun...?" Jongdae called out. "Where have you been this whole time?"

"Sorry Jongdae-hyung..." Jongin sighed. "I didn't mean for you to get involved...but I guess this is inevitable."

Without a word of warning, Jongin pointed the gun towards the confused Jongdae and pressed the trigger mercilessly.

"NO!" I screamed as Jongdae fell back against the wall with a loud bang. "JONGDAE!!!!!!"

I ran to Jongdae who was bleeding from his right shoulder. His face went pale as he realized he had just been shot by someone who he had known for several years. He looked at me with glossy eyes as tears rimmed them. In the backround, I could hear Jongin struggling against both Kris and Sungwoo. 

I started to panick.

"It's gonna be okay Jongdae, I promise," I said quickly tearing off a piece of my shirt to press into the wound. Jongdae winced loudly as the blood swelled up into the fabrick and onto my hands. I had never expected such a situation in my life. It was like the hell mansion all over except now we were all getting hurt.

"So I wasn't going crazy after all," Jongdae laughed weakly. "That first time I saw you..."

His sudden talking surprised me, but I answered anyway.

"You're an idiot you know that?" I laughed as the tears that were in my eyes earlier had finally fallen down my cheeks. "We're gonna get through this..I promise...don't worry..." I quickly took out my phone and dialed 119. I looked behind me to see what was going on and almost dropped my phone when I saw Jongin over Sungwoo pointing the gun directly at his head. 

"STOP JONGIN!" I screamed as Kris tackled him over. My heart jumped as the gunshot rang. Everything was happening way too fast for me to keep up. Jongdae was literally dying in front of me and the other 3 were fighting. FInally, I had gotten connected. Before the policeman could ask me whats wrong I started to talk.

"Please come to the Seoul National Airport. There's been a shooting incident, 1 is injured. We're currently in the E section of the building inside the family bathroom. The one who has been injured is EXO-M's Chen. Please PLEASE hurry." I hung up before he could even reply and went back to tend to Jongdae who seemed to be slowly drifting out of reality.

"J-jongdae-ah, c'mon, please stay with me," I pushed back down on the fabric that was now soaking in blood and behind me I could only hear grunts and swear words coming from the three boys. 

"This...isn't the end right?..." Jongdae whispered. "My career isn't going to end here is it?"

"N-no...I promise it wont...you will live...you will definitely live...You'll become the greatest singer out there..." I comforted Jongdae who was getting paler. "You just need to keep your eyes on me."

"Haeun...we've missed you..." Jongdae smiled. "I really missed you....I was a fool wasn't I?...I should've known it was you... was I the only one who didn't know?"

I shook my head no. "The only ones who knew were Kris, Junmyeon and Baekhyun.."

"HAEUN!" Sungwoo screamed my name making me turn around to face them. Jongin was holding the gun to his head with a smile that said victory. He looked at me with saddness in his eyes and smiled. His hair was even in a more mess and his clothes were torn in some places. 

"Let's just end this now....after this, it'll be all over...." Jongin muttered. "besides....I dont want Haeun to be hurt because of me..."

"Stop!" I stood up and ran towards him, pushing him against the wall. I didn't want anymore people to get hurt. I was tired of this. 

I could feel some else join me and I noticed it was Kris. He quickly grabbed ahold of the gun while Jongin was shocked at my sudden action. He then pointed it at Jongin who embraced me tightly making me choke.

"Let her go," Kris said with a bit of blood trickling from the corner of his lip. "Or I will shoot Jongin."

"Then shoot," Jongin smiled happily. I have everything I need in my arms...right Haeun? Thats why you came to me isn't it? To spend eternity with me?" Jongin flipped me around so that my back was against his chest but he hugged me so that i couldn't use my arms. Since I was too short, I couldn't head him either and his waist was too high so I couldn't kick him THERE either. 

"You don't want to do this," Sungwoo slowly got up from the ground holding his stomach. His forehead seemed to be bleeding and his dress shirt had become slightly undone exposing his collar bones. When I looked at Kris, he just seemed really disoriented. He looked like he was scared himself that he was holding the gun.

"Haeun...you love me right? You love me more than Baekhyun right? More than Luhan right? More than Kyungsoo right?" Jongin whispered numerous questions in my ear like he was slowly going insane. 

J-jo-jongin...you-youre...crush-ing...my r-ribs.." I tried my best to speak, but it was true. I could literally hear my ribs cracking as he squeezed me tighter and tighter to the point where it was hard to breathe. "K-kris....ju-just....shoot..."

"Jongin, LET her go," Kris demanded once more in a threatening voice. "The police are probably on their way already."

"Then this should be fun won't it? I can tell them everything...I already know everything Kris...I know that you plan on leaving EXO once you land in China....I know who killed Sohee...I know everything....I know the contract behind Haeun's job....you don't know how much I know and how much I can reveal to the police....then we'll see who the bad guy really is..." Jongin explained while I struggled in his arms. 

"I thought you said you didn't want to hurt her anymore," Sungwoo shot back. "But look at what you're doing to her now Jongin. She's crying because of YOU!"

Jongin's grip loosened around me as he let go of me. Suddenly my knees gave out and I found myself choking for air. 

"Is that true Haeun?" Jongin lifted my chin so I could see his eyes that showed he was concerned. I couldn't respond due to my lack of oxygen.

"Don't you get it? She doesn't love you anymore Jongin!" Sungwoo yelled. "All the times she's cried is because of you! Like I said earlier!"

Jongin's eyes showed remorse and confusion as Sungwoo yelled.

"FREEZE, DROP YOUR WEAPONS," I heard a command voice call out. When I lifted my head to see who it was, my vision started to cloud and an immense pain rippled throughout my body. Before I could blink, everything disappeared out of my sight.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.