Ch.21- The Threat

You're Next My Love II

Haeun's POV:

"N-no...no no...it...wouldn't be him...would it?...it can't be...he wouldn't..." I shook my head in complete denial. Sungwoo wouldn't do that. There's no way. After everything he had done to help me out, he couldn't have possibly been the bad guy all along could he? It doesn't make any sense.

"Haeun?!" Baekhyun came running into my room that was in just as big of a mess as the living room was. "Are you okay?!"

I looked at Baekhyun my resolve shaking. I didn't want to believe it. There had to be some other explanation. There was just no way.

"It's gone..." I stuttered trying to find the words stuck in my throat. "He must've taken it...."

"Who're you talking about?" Baekhyun walked over to me while scanning the place with confused and worried eyes. Sungwoo....

"I have to...find him," I muttered pushing past Baekhyun and ran out my room accidentally bumping into Luhan who almost fell over.

"Yah Choi Haeun! Where are you going?!" he yelled as I ran out the door. Millions of thoughts ran through my head as I ran down towards the practice rooms to look for Sunwoo. Why? Why would he do this? Haven't we been through too much for him to act like this? Was this all just a game to him? Was I merely a toy in his little cherade? Was he out for revenge from the beginning? What if I'm wrong? What if I'm just jumping to conclusions? There's no way he'd do it right? All these unanswered questions flew through my head as I almost skipped a stair step and tripped forward. I fell on my hands and knees only feeling numbness. I didn't want to get up. I didn't want to find out the truth, because if I was right, I didn't know what I would do. I had no right to say anything to Sungwoo since we were only on co-worker terms....but I felt like we were actual friends after the past incident.

I felt a tightness in my throat from the memories I had spent with Sungwoo. All the training to become the best manager and all the laughs and jokes between us. I didn't want ot believe it.

"Why Sungwoo-ah..." my voice shook uncontrollably as I tried to stand up my knees wobbling. "Wae..."

"What?" I heard someone say from above me. "Did you fall?"

I looked up feeling my heart crumble to pieces as Sungwoo looked down on me with confused and questioning eyes. 

"Sungwoo..." my voice softly said his name as the tears filled up my eyes without warning at just the sight of him. "Tell me you didn't do it.."

"Do...what?" He asked me sounding confused giving me his hand to grab onto. Unconciously I reached for his hand as he pulled me up to my feet. Before I could say anything else, he pulled me close to him, holding onto my shoulders as if trying to steady them, and whispered do only the two of us could hear,"What were you talking about just now?"

He looked at me with his calm eyes as he always looked at me. It was like he could read everything I was going to say already, but could I really be right?

"Did...you...did you go...into my dorm?" I boldyly yet, hesitantly asked him not looking away from his eyes. Tell me the truth..please....

"This is quite unusal for you to be so emotional," he said in a matter of fact tone. "But if I have to answer, I did not, why? Did something happen?"

Relief flooded my heart as my defenses and doubts rushed away. How did I know I could trust him? How did I know his words were true? Because Sungwoo doesn't lie unless it's for someone he loves or cares about deeply. I would know. I've worked with him, but people can change can't they? Why am I so doutbful? 

"I-"

Before I could say anything, I heard someone behind me yell, "Haeun! Wait!"

I turned around and Kyungsoo was looking at me with a note in his hand looking breathless.

"Why do you run so damn fast..." he panted. "We found a note on stuck on the window...it's for you."

I glanced at Sungwoo who was still calm and then looked back at Kyungsoo who still in the process of catching his breath. He held out the note for me and I slowly took it afraid to read the content. Pushing aside my fear, I slowly opened the letter and started reading.

To Choi Ha Eun,

Hello my dear. I'm sure you and your petty boyfriend, brother and bestfriend have seen how the dorm is and I apologize, but I really needed that camera. There was stuff in there that weren't meant to be seen, but since you've probably seen majority of the pictures, there's no hiding it now. Ah. I'm sorry. I should introduce myself. I'm Miho and if you've looked at the more later pictures in the camera, I was with Jongin the whole time he was "missing". I didn't mean to turn him into a psycho, but I guess he just can't handle being with me for too long. 

Anyway, I've taken the time to write this because I want something from you.

I want you dead.

Ever since you appeared as Jongin's girlfriend, it's been nothing but hardship for him and the rest of EXO. Us fans were extremely bitter and hurt when it was announced you were together. I wonder how fans would react to you and Baekhyun being together now? Would they all attack you with hate letters and threats like they did in the past? Would they be brave enough to attempt murder? I mean I would. I was close, but you're lucky Jongin came to me first. He managed to stall your time a little bit longer before you go down the hole. My love for Jongin is much more stronger than yours ever was and seeing how you're together with Baekhyun now, it just proves how unloyal you are. 

Beware Haeun. The real game has only just started.

Love, Miho

"Well someone's a bit obsessive," Sungwoo said over my shoulder. "Is this why you asked me if I was in your dorm?"

My hands tightend around the edges of the paper and I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. I wasn't sure how to feel about this letter. It was obviously a threat, but I wasn't sure if it was true. If it was, she didn't need to worry about me being dead because I was leaving soon anyway. Then it hit me. 

Quickly I pulled out my phone and opened a web page. I went to the EXO fandom page and what  I saw almost made my heart drop. At the top of the page was an article with many pictures of some of the members and I that read in bold letters: EXO Kai's girlfriend cheating on him with other EXO members?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

WOW IT'S BEEN FOREVER!

I am so, so , so, so, so, so, soooooooooooooo sorry guys TT^TT

Writers block had me going crazy.

Ugh I feel horrible making you guys wait for this oh god..

I'm so sorry guys ;-;

I hope you enjoy this chapter TT^TT