Ch.13- Reminiscing The Past

You're Next My Love II

Haeun's POV:

After a few more hours of practice for the boys, there was finally a short break for them. That also meant that a new pair of managers had to come and moniter them. All them looked extremely exhausted and just....tired. Junmyeon, Kris, Sehun, and Chanyeol were laying on the floor, sweat trickling down to the floor their eyes closed and their breathing ragged. Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Jongdae and Luhan had gotten some water and were wiping down their sweat with towels that I had quickly given to them. Minseok, Tao, and Yixing just kind of stood somewhere with their hands over their heads or on their hips trying to steady their breaths. 

Even with the whole Sohee thing going on, their still giving it their all. I mean who wouldn't? This what they've wanted since their trainee days. To be able to perform with Sunbaes and on a huge stage just made for them.

"Shall we go grab some lunch NOW?" Sungwoo stepped up beside me his elbow burshing mine slightly.

"Y-yeah..." I walked away towards the door, but felt my elbow being pulled back. I looked back to see who it was and saw that it was Kris. His eyes showed a desperate plea.

"Yes?" I looked at Kris with confusion. "Did you need something?"

"I...may I talk to you about my next schedule?" he tried to ask me through his rough breathing. I peeked a glance at Sungwoo who looked slightly annoyed, but he just nodded as if he knew what I was going to ask.

"Sure, we can talk over here," I spoke with a soft smile as Kris released my elbow and we walked to one of the vocal rooms that was inside the dance room. The room was soundproof so no one would be able to hear us. Quickly, I shut and locked the door. 

"What's the matter? Are you nto feeling well?" I asked him all at once. "Do you need to rest? How about I grab something for you to ea-"

"No," Kris cut my off abruptly. "I just...I need to know something."

"Ask me."

"Did you look inside the camera already?" 

"..."

My hesitation should've already been the answer.

"So you did."

I nodded.

"And the pictures?"

"..."

"How many were there?"

Why is he so curious about it?

"Around 900."

Kris rubbed his temples as if I wasn't giving him any information at all.

"How many were there of me?" He looked straight at me as if he was trying to peer into my soul.

"Around 50-70....I'm not sure what she planned to do with them though.." I responded as calmly as I could. Kris seemed so tensed right now, but I wonder why?

"And the rest of the photos?"

"Erm..." I felt like there was something wrong. Kris wouldn't act like this. Especially if it involved him. "The battery died....so I didn't see all of them..."

I had to lie to him. I felt bad, but I had to.

"Oh...okay..." Kris sighed.

"What's wrong? You seem really troubled..."

"Nothing...I just wanted to know.."

"C'mon on Kris, I know you better than that..."

".."

"Kris?"

Kris looked at me with his sharp eyes that usually never gave away any type of emotion, but I could see he was in some sort of pain. Whether it was emotional or physical pain, I couldn't tell. So that meant I had to ask.

"Are you hurt?" I asked him with a straight face. Kris's eyes lit up for a moment, but then dulled back down. He slowly placed his hand over his heart and gripped his shirt his face showing every sign of pain. 

"It hurts..." He mumbled. "It really does..."

"W-what do you mean?? Is it anything serious?!" I asked concern filling my voice. Kris only shook his head and exhaled deeply.

"I-"

"Haeyeon?" Sungwoo suddenly opened the door making both Kris and I jump. "We have to get going."

"Oh...oh..okay..." my shoulder's slumped automatically. Before I walked out, I looked back at Kris who was standing normally now. "We'll be back...be careful."

Kris only nodded his head and bowed us a little goodbye before we shut the door and walked away. I was half angry and half confused. Mad because Sungwoo inturpted us in the middle of our conversation. Whether it was on purpose or if he just wanted to talk I don't know. Confused because of the way Kris was looking and acting. One minute he seemed like someone I knew, the next he turned into someone completely different.

What is going on with him?

We walked to a nearby cafe and I realized that this was one of the cafe's that Jongin and I used to go to. Right when we walked in, a familiar scent and ring of the door made my spirits lift up.

"I guess you've come here before huh?" Sungwoo said with a rather monotoned voice. "I wonder with who."

His smart comment brought down my mood again and I found myself following behind him with a sour face. We were seated in the corner with our menus and a sudden memory filled inside my thoughts.

*Flashback*

"I'll order a macaroon ice cream cake and we'll also get the green tea and taro boba," Jongin smiled at the waitress. 

"Right away sir, thank you for ordering," the waitress smiled back and walked away after gathering our menus.

"What's with that face?" Jongin smirked playfully. "Jealous already?"

To be quite honest, I never got jealous over this kind of stuff. It was childs play to me, but if it were me talking to a guy waiter, then it'd a whole different story.

"Nah," I smiled back confidentally. "You should know me by now Jongin."

Jongin chuckled to himself.

"One of these days I will make you jealous," he pinched my cheek softly. I reached for his cheek to pinch him back, but instead, he pulled me in closer and ended up kissing my cheek. 

My cheeks grew hotter as I fell back to my chair in slight shock. Embaressement got to me and I ended up covering up my smile.

"Ahaha," Jongin laughed at me with a huge smile. "You're way too cute Haeun-ah."

*End of Flashback*

"Haeun?" Sungwoo stared at me in concern. Before I could blink, I felt a cold tear fall from my eye.

"You okay?" Sungwoo reached for my face and wiped away my tear gently. "What's wrong?"

I got a hold of myself and blinked away the rest of the tears. Whatever that memory was, it didn't need to come back. Why now of all times....

"I-I'm fine...thank you..." I smiled the best I could. Sungwoo frowned a little, but only sighed. "I was just...reminiscing..."

"Pabo," Sungwoo leaned on one of his elbows. "The past is the past, why would you bring it with you to the present?"

He had a point. There was no point in remembering the past. They were memories for that reason. I didn't have to remember them...but I wanted to remember them. I wanted to know where Jongin was and why it wasn't him with me instead.

"Here is your order," I heard a guy voice say. I was about to recieve the tray, but I froze in place as I stared back at the person I was just thinking about.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Hey," Jongin smiled at me.

.

.

.

 

.

.

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

And Jongin finally re-appears!!

But for what reason?

And Sungwoo is there!

And Kris xD What's he thinking???

Anyway xD

Here's an update for you guys <3

Subscribe and Comment for more!