eighteen

Moving Forward

Index:

(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking

Daehyun speaking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life seemed to stir all around, giving the feeling that a single being wasn’t really alone. The birds twittered around, hopping along the branches that they currently occupied before flying off to the next one. Little creatures hummed their surprisingly loud music as they flew or hopped to wherever life took them. The leaves atop the trees ruffled, creating a crunchy music that seemed to hold the tempo for the song that everyone seemed to be producing with one another. As for the wind, it acted as the conductor that helped keep the instruments all together to create the perfect symphony.

In the middle of a clearing where the sun just barely penetrated the canopy rooftop, its small rays delicately dancing along milky white skin. Here and there, those rays of light would briefly flash along covered eyes that flickered every now and then from the intrusion. It wasn’t long before lightly tanned hands soon began to shake the sleeping being in an attempt to wake them from their slumber. He stirred, his hands weakly slapping away at the hands that were trying to pull him from his slumber. When the hands continued to stubbornly shake him, Young Jae finally opened his eyes a bit to just barely see the outline of a familiar figure. It took him a moment for his eyes to adjust to the light, but when it did, he could finally make out the shaded details of Daehyun’s relieved face. “Young Jae! You’re alright! I’m.. I’m so glad..” (DH)

Young Jae let out a small grunt as he suddenly felt Daehyun’s body on top of his, arms wrapping tightly around him as if they never wanted to let go. Young Jae furrowed his eyebrows a bit as he lifted his head slightly, his gaze looking down to see Daehyun nuzzling his head on his chest. “What... are you doing?” (YJ)

“You’re safe. I’m just happy..” (DH) Young Jae could see that catlike smile on Daehyun’s face as Daehyun continued nuzzling his face into Young Jae’s chest. Young Jae didn’t necessarily understand why this Daehyun was rather.. clingy, but he only let out a small sigh as he let his head rest back onto the ground. His plans to punish this Daehyun didn’t necessarily seem to be in action anymore since this Daehyun seemed so... well, innocent. It was scary in a way, considering Daehyun wasn’t usually the type of person to be this way.

Time ticked by and yet, Daehyun continued to nuzzle into him like a cat. Through this repeated action, Young Jae’s patience was quickly wearing thin. Just as he reached up to push Daehyun’s head off of him, he felt fingers intertwine with his as a soft sigh escaped from Daehyun’s lips. Lifting his head once more, Young Jae could see Daehyun’s smile hold with his eyes now closed. “What do you think you’re doing now?” (YJ)

“Enjoying the fact that my husband is alright.” (DH) Young Jae’s right eyebrow twitched as he laid his head back down. This Daehyun was really... well, weird. Had he been worried about him before he woke up? Why did he even bother asking that? The answer had been rather obvious with how relieved Daehyun seemed the second Young Jae opened his eyes. So.. was that the trait of this Daehyun? He was a worry-wart? “Ah! I can hear your stomach rumble. Are you hungry? We should get you something to eat! I don’t want you to go hungry..” (DH)

Looking back up, he could practically feel the worry radiate off of Daehyun as the older male looked down at him with eyes that shot out worry beams that pierced his very soul. Worry beams? Did he even think logic anymore? He wasn’t even making any sense at this rate! Pushing all thoughts off to the side, Young Jae watched Daehyun get to his feet before holding his hand out. Letting out a small sigh, Young Jae took hold of Daehyun’s hand before being pulled up to his feet with ease. “Will you be fine until we get something to eat?” (DH)

“I highly doubt I’ll die of starvation any time soon.” (YJ) If Young Jae recalled, as long as a person is sustained with water, a person could live potentially a little over three weeks without food. Of course, he somewhat doubted Daehyun knew that little fact. Unless a person actually looked these things up, then it’s not something everyone would know about.

“Oh.. well.. I just want to make sure. You mean so much to me..!” (DH) Without any sort of warning, Daehyun was quick to wrap his arms around Young Jae yet again. Young Jae let out a small grunt before annoyance began to kick in. Daehyun was being far too clingy for his liking, but he decided to keep his patience up as long as possible. After all, this wasn’t the real Daehyun and thus, he wouldn’t have to put up with him for too long.

“Can you release me already?!” (YJ)

“Oh.. sorry..” (DH) Daehyun slowly loosened his hold on Young Jae before pulling away. While Daehyun was busy talking, Young Jae finally decided to take in his surroundings. Now that he noticed it, he had absolutely no idea where they were. He just recognized it as a forest with what he assumed was a river nearby, but that was about it. Nothing about it looked familiar in any sort of way, which was relatively strange to him, considering the fact that the first two worlds had been where he has been to before. “..-ust you off?” (DH)

“What..?” (YJ) Just as Young Jae turned to look at Daehyun, he jumped a bit as he felt Daehyun’s hands on him. He probably would have slapped Daehyun’s hands away, but judging from the feel and the movement, it felt like Daehyun was trying to get any dirt off of him. Young Jae let out a small sigh as he pinched the bridge of his nose. He was just going to let Daehyun dust him off and blame himself for not listening to what Daehyun had to say.There wasn’t any point to losing his temper at this very moment. “Daehyun.. Do you know where we currently are?” (YJ)

“Hm..” (DH) Once Daehyun finished dusting Young Jae off, he looked around for a moment. Young Jae could see Daehyun focusing relatively hard on his surroundings before the elder looked his way. “I.. have no idea.” (DH)

Well, there went that idea. As long as they weren’t in any sort of danger, then it probably would be alright for the time being. Young Jae just had to hope that they weren’t too far from a town or some form of civilization for them to get to. It would be fairly bad if they were actually lost in a forest with no food or water to sustain them for the time being. Well, there might be a nearby river, but Young Jae wasn’t necessarily certain on how clean that water source would be. After all, it could be contaminated with all sorts of diseases and such. It would be fairly bad to drink from it and then end up ill. He did, after all, have to make sure that this Daehyun ended up living through this sort of danger.

Scratching the back of his head, Young Jae looked around for a moment as he tried to think about what to do. Where were they supposed to head off to? There were various directions that they could go, but none seemed to actually tell where they lead to. They couldn’t necessarily just wander around aimlessly either. Making themselves even more lost is the last thing that they needed happening at that very moment. Though.. how were they going to be able to find their way without any sort of resources to aide them?

“Well.. I can look for some food for us if you’re hungry.” (DH) Young Jae looked over at Daehyun, whom was looking around for something. Young Jae let out a small sigh as he looked back over towards the forest. They shouldn’t be worrying about finding something to eat right away. Plus, Young Jae was fine at the moment, so there was no point trying to feed him. His ears perked up a little though upon hearing the sound of what he assumed was running water. There definitely had to be some sort of water source nearby, right? He did hear it a little earlier, but he just wasn’t certain whether it really was water or not. Still, what else could be out here that sounded like water?

“Let’s just go look for water. There must be a river of some sort nearby if we can hear it.” (YJ) Young Jae wasn’t necessarily the type of person to know much about nature, but he knew a little bit of the basics. Once Daehyun nodded in agreement, the two began to make their way towards the water source. Hopefully, the water source would at least lead them one step closer to civilization. After all, people usually made towns and such near a source of water, right? Well.. that’s what Young Jae assumed anyway.

The forest was relatively clear, oddly enough. The grass wasn’t overgrown as he had assumed. There were bushes here and there, but they weren’t enough to look unkempt nor were they enough to block their way. The trees were all tall and held a firm canopy rooftop, which would seem to shelter them just enough if it started raining. Plus, there were various flowers growing here and there that added a splash of color. What exactly was this place? It was almost as if this place was being tended to by living beings. It didn’t make any sense, but he wasn’t going to complain about it any time soon.

As they continued moving on, the sound of rushing water became more evident. Young Jae bit his bottom lip as anticipation began to kick in. Water had been the last thing on his mind just mere moments ago and yet, hearing it made Young Jae feel relatively parched. Could he help it though? It’s not like he had much to drink or even anything to eat while he had been busy saving all of these Daehyun’s. Just as it seemed like they would make it to the source of the water, Daehyun quickly held his arm out, keeping Young Jae from progressing any forward. Young Jae furrowed his eyebrows as he looked down at the arm blocking his path, before looking up at the owner of that arm. “What are you doing?” (YJ)

“Let me make sure it’s safe first, okay? I want you to be safe.” (DH) Young Jae let out a small sigh before motioning for Daehyun to go on ahead. With a grin, Daehyun quickly made his way forward, making certain to keep track of his surroundings as much as possible. After all, falling into a hole wouldn’t necessarily benefit them in any way! Though.. at least Young Jae would be aware of it and wouldn’t end up falling in himself.

Once Daehyun was certain that the coast was clear, he let out a relieved sigh before turning around to look at Young Jae. With a grin, he waved his arms like a fool, motioning for Young Jae to follow his path. Young Jae simply shook his head as he began moving forward. Whatever it was that Daehyun was taking, he needed to stop taking it this instant. It was making him highly energetic, which is a rather large contrast to the real Daehyun’s more calm personality. Well, he could just simply assume that this is for a study of sorts. Yes. That seemed like a logical way to look at things. Plus, it would probably keep him sane enough to keep moving forward with his task at hand.

Standing next to Daehyun, Young Jae let out a slightly relieved sigh. Much to his content, there really was a river. The forest actually had a crystal clear look to it, which may or may not mean that it was clean. Crouching down by the edge, Young Jae looked into the river to see various fish swimming about in it. Sadly, it wasn’t really much of a river. It was more like a stream, but almost big enough to become a river. It just wasn’t deep enough to be considered a river, but at least they can cross safely. “Can we drink it?” (DH)

“I don’t know.. For all we know, it could have anything in it that could kill us. I’d rather not risk it, but..” (YJ) Young Jae’s eyebrows furrowed as he cleared his throat a bit. He was rather parched, though he didn’t want to admit it. Sadly, it seemed like Daehyun already noticed this as he reached down and scooped up a handful of water. Just as Young Jae was about to smack Daehyun’s hand, Daehyun had quickly sipped the water that he held. The two waited for a moment as Young Jae stared at Daehyun. “I know it’s too soon to ask, but.. how do you feel?” (YJ)

“I.. uh.. I feel fine. I think the water’s okay to drink.” (DH) The two stared at one another for a moment longer before looking back down at the water. Taking in a deep breath, Young Jae reached down as he cupped his hands. He took in as much water as his hands could hold before carefully bringing them up to his lips. Slowly, he let the cool liquid slide into his mouth and down his throat, quenching the slight thirst that he had been holding. Once he was finished, he let out a satisfied sigh before repeating his action.

Daehyun smiled a bit as he watched Young Jae drink the water. He may not have known how long Young Jae had been out, but it seemed to be long enough if he was this thirsty. Little by little, Daehyun moved closer towards Young Jae until finally, he was just barely touching the other male. Noticing this, Young Jae briefly looked up at Daehyun, whom had quickly looked up towards the sky as he innocently whistled to himself. Rolling his eyes a bit, Young Jae continued to drink the water until he felt that he had satisfied his needs.

Sitting on the ground, Young Jae let out a small sigh before resting his head on Daehyun’s shoulder. Daehyun looked down at Young Jae, whom had closed his eyes for the moment. With a small smile, Daehyun sat on the ground as well, letting Young Jae adjust his position before resting his head against Young Jae’s. “Are you comfortable?” (DH)

“Are you?” (YJ) Daehyun merely hummed in response as he closed his eyes as well. Just sitting here like this was rather nice. With all the problems out there in the world, it was nice to just sit here and relax for a change. Sure, they weren’t out of trouble yet, but that didn’t mean that they couldn’t take a break every now and then. “Hey.. Do you have your phone? It’s a long shot, but.. there is a slight possibility that you might have reception here. We could call Jongup or Taeyeon or anyone for help if it turns out to be true..” (YJ)

“Oh.. Let me check.” (DH) Daehyun slid his hands over his pockets, feeling for what could possibly be within them. His eyes opened as he felt the familiar shape of the object in question. Looking down a bit, he moved just enough so that he could slip his fingers into his pocket before somehow managing to pull his phone out. Flipping it open, he grinned a bit as he held the phone in front of Young Jae. “I have signal!” (DH)

“You do?!” (YJ) Young Jae’s eyes shot open as he quickly focused in on the screen. Lifting his head, Young Jae was rather quick to snatch the phone from Daehyun’s hands before quickly searching through Daehyun’s contacts list. Daehyun leaned in a little, his eyes waiting with anticipation as Young Jae soon pressed the phone up to his ear. However, he soon paused as he quickly hung the call up before handing the phone back to Daehyun. After sitting there for a brief moment, Young Jae let out a small sigh. “Here. You try.” (YJ)

Daehyun didn’t necessarily understand why Young Jae was handing him the phone, but he simply nodded as he began dialing whomever first came to mind. While Daehyun was busy with his call, Young Jae got up to his feet as he stretched for a bit. For some odd reason, Young Jae didn’t want to call anyone for help just yet. He wanted to spend a little more alone time with Daehyun. It seemed like a good idea, right? If there was a possibility to get help, then they didn’t have to worry that much about getting out of this forest. Though, now that he thought about it, if they have reception here, then.. that means that there must be civilization nearby anyway. So then, there wouldn’t really be a point to worrying about getting out of here if they could just reach wherever the telephone lines would be.

“Ah.. No one’s picking up. I guess we have to wait until they call back..” (DH) Young Jae merely shrugged as he looked back into the water. It really was amazing to see water this clear. He was so used to seeing the murky waters in New York, but hey.. they could still be in the same state for all they knew. Just as he was about to turn back towards Daehyun, something within the water caught his attention.

Pausing for a moment, Young Jae crouched down a bit as he continued to stare into the water. At first, he thought that he was just imagining things. After all, all that seemed to be in the water were stones and various fish here and there. However, something soon began shifting on the surface of the water. A small gasp escaped his lips as he saw an all too familiar room with an all too familiar person smiling his way. Was that... Daehyun? “What’s wrong?” (DH)

“Do you.. see that?” (YJ) Daehyun looked where Young Jae was looking, but all he saw was the water. It was nice to look at, if that’s what he meant. Still, Daehyun couldn’t help but worry about it. What exactly was is that Young Jae was looking at with so much interest?

Hey.. I have to head to work now. Wake up soon.. okay? I.. I really miss you..

Young Jae unconsciously grasped his shirt as he saw just how hurt Daehyun looked. Now that he was paying a closer attention to the image, he could see that Daehyun looked relatively tired. He looked almost skinnier too with heavy bags under his eyes. What did this image mean? Young Jae briefly glanced at the Daehyun next to him, giving a slight comparison between the two. This Daehyun was exactly how he saw Daehyun everyday; healthy, full of energy, and always with a warm smile. Looking back at the image, all of that seemed to have disappeared. It was almost as if Daehyun was just.. moving on autopilot at this point, but.. what did Daehyun mean by wake up soon? What exactly was all of this?

Okay.. I’ll see you tonight. I’ll try to be back as soon as possible.

The Daehyun within the image leaned forward and gave what Young Jae assumed was a kiss before pulling away. A weak smile showed on his face before Daehyun got up from his seat. Before Daehyun could turn away, the image slowly dissipated, leaving Young Jae with all sorts of questions. “Young Jae...? Are you okay? Do you.. need to rest? Maybe we should get you out of the sun..” (DH)

“I’m.. I’m fine. Don’t assume that I’m hallucinating just yet..” (YJ) Shaking his head a bit, Young Jae turned his head away as he furrowed his eyebrows. What had that been about? Was this place just showing him something that would happen in a different room or.. was that actually happening? No, that couldn’t be the case. If that was happening now, then how would he be here? This.. couldn’t be a dream, could it? It felt all too real to be a dream, though.. that would answer so many of his questions right then and there. No. For now, he had to assume that everything really was happening in front of him. He just needed to remain focused and keep going for the moment. “Let’s go. I want to find civilization or something that could aide us a bit better. Since you have reception, there has to be someplace nearby we could stay for even just a few minutes.” (YJ)

With a nod, the two were soon on their way once more. They followed the water, small chatter breaking out among the two here and there. Daehyun did end up showing some concern whenever Young Jae got too close to the edge, but Young Jae simply dismissed it. After all, what was the worst that could happen? He slip and fall into the water? The water wasn’t deep enough to drown in. In fact, from what he could tell, it would just barely reach past his ankles. There wasn’t really much concern and from his previous experiences, whenever he finished a world, his clothes seemed to reset to their original state anyway. Though, his thoughts drifted over to what had occurred just mere minutes ago. Maybe.. the possibility of this being a dream wasn’t as farfetched as he had assumed. “Young Jae!” (DH)

Before Young Jae could react, he soon felt the earth beneath him give way. Just as he felt his balance go topsy turvy, a hand quickly grabbed hold of his wrist and pulled with what seemed to be all of the strength that they could muster. Just as he had assumed that things had turned out all for the best, Young Jae soon felt himself now falling in the opposite direction. This time, however, it seemed like he was bringing someone down with him.

The second he landed, Young Jae could already tell that he wasn’t on dirt or grass or anything nature related. Oddly enough, he didn’t recall shutting his eyes either. When had that occurred? Whether it was out of reflex or not, Young Jae slowly reached his hand up before feeling the object that he had fallen on top of. Warm, soft, and breathing. Opening his eyes, Young Jae pushed himself up just enough before looking down at a worried looking Daehyun. “Are you okay? You’re not hurt, are you?” (DH)

“Yeah.. I'm fine for the moment. I.. appreciate.. the help.” (YJ) Young Jae looked away as his face slightly reddened. He didn’t want to admit that Daehyun was correct about being careful about being too close to the edge. Of course, at least he made it evident that he was appreciative for Daehyun’s quick thinking. As harmless as it is to fall into some water, Young Jae would prefer to remain dry for the duration that he was here.

“Good.” (DH) As the two stared at one another, Young Jae could feel his face heating up. Why was Daehyun staring at him?! Sure, Young Jae was so damn good looking and the most irresistible thing on this entire planet, but that didn’t mean that Daehyun could just stare at him for unnecessarily long periods of time. Just as Young Jae was going to push himself up to his feet, Daehyun reached up and caressed Young Jae’s cheek with the back of his hand. “You know.. there isn’t a single day where I regret ever marrying you.” (DH)

Young Jae looked away yet again, his face reddening once more. He didn’t necessarily understand why Daehyun suddenly brought that up when all they did was fall over. Still, at least it was something nice to hear from Daehyun. Sure, Daehyun showed and said his love time and time again, but Young Jae just seemed to always fall for his words every single time. Looking back down at Daehyun, he furrowed his eyebrows a bit before leaning down just slightly. He stopped though, their lips just barely touching one another before Young Jae smirked a bit. “You know.. I question marrying you sometimes. I can never quite fully understand you, but... I don’t ever regret it either.” (YJ)

Young Jae pushed himself up to his feet before holding out his hand to Daehyun. Looking up at Young Jae, Daehyun rolled Young Jae’s words around in his head before taking a hold of Young Jae’s hand. Getting to his feet, Daehyun dusted himself off a bit before giving a small smile. “I’m relieved.. actually. Anyway, let’s get going. I want to make sure you get home safe and sound.” (DH)

Just as Young Jae nodded, the sound of something rumbling could soon be heard. They looked around for a moment, uncertainty filling their very bones as the sounds grew louder. Still, Young Jae knew better than to just stand around and wait for whatever was coming to come get them. Just as he was about to tell Daehyun to start moving, Daehyun had already taken a hold of his wrist and began running in the opposite direction the sound was coming from. Although caught completely off guard, Young Jae somehow managed to keep himself from completely falling flat on his face as he tried his best to keep up with Daehyun. “We’re not gonna to be able to outrun it!” (YJ)

“We have to try!” (DH) Young Jae already knew that they had to try despite the fact that it was going to catch up soon. Despite the amount of thinking he was trying to produce, the sound of the rumbling continued to grow in intensity. The sound was clearer now, his fears growing as he risked a look behind them. In that instant, his heart instantly sank as his legs threatened to give out underneath him. If it hadn’t been for Daehyun, Young Jae probably would have fallen in despair already. “Don’t look back! Keep running!” (DH)

“We.. We can’t outrun it!” (YJ) Young Jae looked forward once more, his eyes locking in on the back of Daehyun’s head. He needed to save him somehow, but.. how?! How the heck was Young Jae supposed to save Daehyun from rushing water?! Where the heck did all of this water come from anyway?! This stream or whatever it was was definitely not big enough to produce something that big and unless he was mistaken, dam’s were normally built along rivers! Either way, not a single solution seemed to be coming to Young Jae any time soon.

“Young Jae..!” (DH)

“What?!” (YJ) Between the roaring of the swiftly approaching tidal wave and the panting from the two of them, it was rather difficult to hear whether Daehyun had been calling to him previously or not. Still, Daehyun seemed to have a moment of hesitation before Young Jae felt Daehyun give his hand a tighter squeeze, which only seemed to hurt him a little.

“In case we don’t make it.. I..” (DH)

“Silence! Don’t give up already and don’t even speak as if we won’t make it! Just keep running and don’t give up! Wasn’t that what you kept telling me?!” (YJ) Daehyun remained silent as they continued running. Young Jae knew the inevitable would happen, but the fact that even Daehyun was giving up hope was enough to raise Young Jae’s hopes just to get Daehyun back to himself. Even if this wasn’t the real Daehyun, it was still Daehyun!

Risking yet another brief glance behind them, Young Jae’s eyes widened once more as he saw just how close the water was getting. It had been just barely far enough for him to see it just moments ago and now, it was almost here to swallow them up. Just a few more seconds and.. they would be swept away. Looking back at Daehyun, he opened his mouth to say something, anything, but that chance soon disappeared as the water quickly caught up to them.

The ground underneath them seemed to practically disappear as water wrapped tightly around them. The air disappeared, forcing them to hold the little breath that they already held as their hands tried their best to hold onto one another. Little by little, their hands slipped from their death grips as the water spun them all over the place. Debris here and there collided into them and just as Daehyun had managed to get another hand onto Young Jae's wrist, their hands were no longer in contact with one another.

His arms searched the water as he tried his best to swim to the surface. Though.. where exactly was the surface?! Young Jae spun around nonstop, his coordination thrown completely off no matter what he did. His air was quickly depleting as his mouth threatened to gasp out for air. It didn’t necessarily help that he felt the debris all around him scratching and possibly even piercing his very skin. Just as he was starting to lose consciousness..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Young Jae gasped as he shot up to a sitting position. He gasped for air, his eyes frantically looking all over the place as he shivered. Little by little, realization was starting to kick in as Young Jae tried his best to calm himself down. He was no longer in that water anymore. Now, he was safely back in one of the rooms, on top of a couch. After a few minutes had passed, Young Jae laid back down as he brought his knees to his chest while wrapping his arms around his legs. False world or not, everything was far too realistic to simply shrug off as if it was nothing.

Are you.. okay..?

Young Jae didn’t necessarily know how best to answer Daehyun. The possibility of drowning was something Young Jae had not once thought would happen anytime in his lifetime. Then, there was also the fact that he had lost Daehyun in that flood. If he could have opened his eyes, he might have been able to find him somehow, but even if he had been able to do so, it would have proven difficult with how disorientated he had been in the water. Closing his eyes, he took in a deep breath before letting out a long sigh. “I don’t.. want to go back in there..” (YJ)

I know, but... you have to.

“Can’t you.. assist me..?” (YJ) Young Jae waited for an answer, but he didn’t get one immediately. Was it that Daehyun wouldn’t help him, or was it that he couldn’t help him? Young Jae hugged his legs tighter, burying his face into his knees. He didn’t want to go back through that, but he knew that he needed to. “Dae-” (YJ)

I’ll try, but.. I don’t know how helpful I can be. Just go back in when you’re ready.. okay?

“... Thanks.. Daehyun..” (YJ) It comforted Young Jae to know that Daehyun would at least try to help him. Still, no matter how much thinking he put into this situation, Young Jae just wasn’t certain if he could save this Daehyun. Being in raging water like that, it would be a miracle just to locate Daehyun let alone get him out of that mess. “Do you.. know how to solve this problem, Daehyun?” (YJ)

You know the answer, Young Jae. You just have to keep trying.

Well, that didn’t help him at all. In fact, that answer was quite cliche, especially in the video games he saw Daehyun play. A small sigh escaped Young Jae’s lips as he slowly opened his eyes. He left them half open, his gaze looking here and there with little to no interest. What was the point of being here? His thoughts would have continued questioning this place, but his mind instantly narrowed in on a specific event that had occurred not too long ago. “Daehyun... I saw an.. image of sorts earlier. It was in the water and it was of.. you. Do you know anything about it?” (YJ)

Either Daehyun didn’t know the answer, he didn’t want to say the answer, or he was hesitant with his answer. One way or another, Daehyun ended up remaining silent. Young Jae closed his eyes, wanting to just shut out the world and go to sleep. He probably would have fallen asleep too, but he was neither sleepy nor tired. Heck, every time he was here, he wasn’t even hungry or thirsty. It was only in those worlds when he felt such needs.

Do you... want to know the truth..?

Young Jae’s eyes slowly opened as he looked around. He nodded, though he didn’t necessarily know if Daehyun could even see him. Pushing himself up to a sitting position, he waited patiently for Daehyun to tell his tale. Would Daehyun really tell him the truth, or would he tell him that he would talk about it later? Either way, it must mean that Daehyun has the answer to at least that one question.

Well... tell me. What do you think it was?

Was he trying to avoid giving him the answer? Young Jae didn’t want Daehyun to just agree with what he had to say. Still, it was probably best to just give Daehyun what he wanted.. at least for the time being. It was just a matter of time until Young Jae took the answers from Daehyun. “I believe that this.. all of this, is nothing more than a dream of some sort while what I saw in that image is reality. Is that true, or not? Don’t tell me a lie either, Daehyun. I know when you lie..” (YJ)

A long pause occurred before a sigh could be heard. Young Jae held his breath, his legs swinging off of the couch as he pressed his feet firmly onto the ground. Would Daehyun finally give him the answers that he looked for? Just as he opened his mouth to say something, Daehyun’s words pierced the quiet air.

You’re.. in a coma.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ My Own Thoughts:

Sorry for taking so long to update ;;..
I have not only had writer’s block,
but I haven’t had the urge to write.
I’ll try my best to continue fighting this block ;;..!

Sadly, this chapter was also delayed because I also didn’t like how this chapter came out..
I was tempted to rewrite it, but I didn’t have anything else planned for this specific Daehyun.
So I hope it turned out well ._.

Uh.. if you’d like to comment, it would be loved. x3
Questions, comments, or even suggestions are welcomed too. ]]