fifteen

Moving Forward

Index:

(YJ) - Young Jae speaking
(DH) - Daehyun speaking

Daehyun speaking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It felt different around here for some reason. Everything felt more calm, more.. tranquil. The grass underneath him practically created a soft bed for him to lay in while the trees above provided a shade that would keep him from overheating. The delicate wind blew, cooling his warm skin as the ocean waves playfully moved back and forth to create a serenade of sorts. This location was just... different from what he had expected.

Slowly opening his eyes, the first thing he saw was the leaves that danced along with the wind. Young Jae wasn’t necessarily the type of person to enjoy nature as much as everyone else, but somehow.. this was able to keep his attention. Was this reality though? All of the things that he’s seen so far just seemed to be unreal, something that shouldn’t be happening despite the fact that it was playing in front of his eyes at this very moment. Young Jae just.. didn’t really know how to take all of this in.

Maybe, just maybe, he could use this time to think. Sure, he had something important to do, but he needed to sort out his thoughts one way or another. Well, he could always just lay here and feel at peace. It seemed like a good place to just lounge around and relax. With all the nonsensical things he’s had to put up with, this was probably the only time he would feel at peace.

Taking in a deep breath, Young Jae smiled a bit as he closed his eyes. Even the air smelt fresh, which he missed greatly after moving to New York City. Sure, the city still smelt nice here and there, but there was always some sort of odd fragrance coming from somewhere in the city. Young Jae just wouldn’t necessarily know if it was a good smell or a bad one, considering the fact that fragrances always ended up mixing in with a few other scents.

Turning onto his right side, Young Jae’s hand soon landed on something fairly.. warm. He furrowed his eyebrows a bit, moving his hand delicately over the surface of the cloth that laid next to him. Slowly opening his eyes, his gaze soon landed on the person’s face. Young Jae quickly sat up in surprise, his eyes widening as he stared down at Daehyun’s sleeping face. How long had he been there?!

A small sigh escaped his lips as Young Jae used his hands and arms to lean back a bit. His eyes remained glued to just how peaceful Daehyun looked while sleeping. If it wasn’t for the fact that it was a different Daehyun, Young Jae probably would have punched his arm at this very moment for all the crap he had to go through so far. For the time being, he decided to just let Daehyun continue sleeping. Why bother waking him when there was nothing to be said or done? Daehyun was safe right where he was, so there was no point in moving him.

Just as Young Jae began to get up from his spot, a hand quickly took a firm hold of his wrist. Looking down, his eyes trailed from the hand and up the person’s body before finally making its way to Daehyun’s eyes. Daehyun looked up at him, a sort of longing look in his eyes, as the two stared at one another. Young Jae waited patiently for Daehyun to say something, but when that something didn’t come, his brow furrowed as he turned more towards Daehyun. “Are you going to say what’s on your mind or not? I don’t necessarily like it when people stare at me for no apparent reason..” (YJ)

“Lay back down with me.” (DH) Young Jae stared for a moment before sighing. All of this unnecessary staring just to tell him to lay back down? Did Daehyun really feel the need to stare up at him like he did and anyway, how long had Daehyun been awake? Still, he didn’t really see a reason to deny Daehyun his request. With a small sigh, Young Jae had just laid back down when he felt Daehyun move his head onto his chest. Furrowing his eyebrows a bit, Young Jae looked up at Daehyun, whom had closed his eyes once more.

“Hey.. Who the heck gave you permission to practically force my head onto your chest?” (YJ) Daehyun didn’t respond. He just simply continued to lay there, his breathing even as a smile graced his lips. Young Jae rolled his eyes a bit, but he smiled as he got himself comfortable. If they were going to lay like this, he might as well be comfortable. It’s not like he was going to enjoy it or anything! It was just something that.. he had been somewhat forced into. Young Jae would just have to get Daehyun back later on, specifically this Daehyun.

For now, sleep had definitely been well deserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey.. Wake up, Young Jae.” (DH) Young Jae stirred a bit, but he continued to sleep peacefully on the grass. Daehyun chuckled a bit, a warm smile on his face as he reached forward and lightly shook Young Jae’s shoulder using a single finger. Why was it that Young Jae was so cute when he slept? “Heeyyy... Young Jaeee... Wake up.” (DH)

Young Jae mumbled in his sleep before attempting to swat away the hand that was trying to pull him from his peaceful slumber. Young Jae thought that he had been successful when he felt the hand pull away, so he was a bit annoyed when he felt the hand poking at him again. “Young Jaee! Wake up now!” (DH)

Finally, after a few more seconds had passed, Young Jae forced himself to wake up as he opened his eyes. Slowly looking up at Daehyun, his eyebrows furrowed as he saw the usual grin on Daehyun’s face. Why did Daehyun always seem to have some sort of reason to smile? No, it didn’t matter too much. Whatever the reason may be, this Daehyun seemed to be exactly like the real one. “What is it..?” (YJ)

“Just.. this..” (DH) Daehyun leaned forward a bit as he placed a hand on the ground to keep himself from falling forward. Young Jae’s eyes widened a bit, a hint of red gracing his cheeks as Daehyun slowly inched closer and closer. Was he going to let Daehyun have his way? Before he could even produce any sort of answer to his own question, Daehyun decided to answer it for him as their lips soon came into contact with one another.

This kiss was similar to every other kiss he’s shared with Daehyun. Daehyun’s lips were warm, slightly moist but at a comfortable level, and they were fairly soft as usual. It was a bonus that Daehyun’s lips were plump too, making it that much more enjoyable. However.. there was just something different about this kiss. Although it was a sweet kiss, this kiss felt as if it was missing something. It might have something to do with the fact that this wasn’t exactly the real Daehyun though. This Daehyun felt more like only a portion of Daehyun. Though.. why did he feel the need to be surprised by this piece of information?

Once they parted, Daehyun held his smile as he reached up and caressed Young Jae’s cheek with the back of his fingers. Young Jae didn’t necessarily know how he felt about this situation, but he simply rolled his eyes as he smirked a bit. “Is that really the reason why you decided to wake me up from my nap?” (YJ)

“Did you want a different reason?” (DH) Young Jae thought on it for a moment and was very tempted to say yes, but simply shook his head. He kind of wanted to do a little.. more, but he decided against it. After all, if these were just his different perceptions of Daehyun, then it just felt.. well, strange. Still, Young Jae was rather curious as to which Daehyun this would be. If the first perception was a Daehyun, then would this Daehyun be the romantic type? “Good. Uh... Do you wanna do something?” (DH)

“Like.. what?” (YJ) While Young jae was thinking one thing, Daehyun got to his feet as he looked around. He quietly hummed to himself, trying to figure out what they could do together before a single thought came to his mind. With a grin, he looked back down at Young Jae before holding his hand out.

“Come on! Let’s go eat.” (DH) Young Jae sighed for a moment before taking a hold of Daehyun’s hand. Well, eating was necessary in order to sustain oneself. He did wonder, however, why he had yet to feel any sort of hunger. Maybe when it came to these different worlds or whatever they could call these places, time possibly froze while he was here. Anything could be possible, considering the fact that he had been in a building underwater or the fact that the rooms he had practically jumped into were virtually there, but not exactly. “Hey. Are you okay?” (DH)

Young Jae refocused on Daehyun, just now realizing that he was already back on his feet. He blinked a few times before furrowing his eyebrows and clearing his throat. He wasn’t about to admit that he had zoned out, even for a brief moment. Pulling his hand away from Daehyun’s, he folded his arms and began walking. “Let’s just go already.” (YJ)

The grass quietly crunched underneath Young Jae’s feet as the sun’s rays finally touched his delicate skin. It actually felt like a good day, though if he was supposed to save this Daehyun as well, then that meant that something bad was going to be happening fairly soon. Would the dangers get more difficult with each room, or would it not matter? Young Jae regretted not thinking about this possibility sooner, but there was nothing he could do about it now. Better to just stay on guard and hope that he could spot the danger before it actually affected them in any sort of way. “Where are we going to eat anyway?” (YJ)

“The Thai restaurant right across from the Chinese restaurant up the hill.” (DH) Looking around, Young Jae’s eyes widened a bit as he finally realized where they were. They were where their parents lived, which.. Young Jae was still a bit surprised about. They had lived so close to one another and yet, they had not once met each other until their adulthood. Well, it was always better late than never.

“The Italian restaurant’s closer. Wouldn’t it be better to go there.. or to the Chinese restaurant since that would be cheaper?” (YJ) Young Jae briefly looked at Daehyun, but Daehyun simply shook his head a bit.

“The Thai restaurant has the best food, so it would be better to eat there.” (DH) Just because it’s better doesn’t mean it’s cheaper. Both the Chinese and the Italian restaurants had pretty decent food, so it would have been more than adequate to just simply eat at one of those places. However, if Daehyun was in the mood for Thai food, then who was he to complain? Young Jae wasn’t really that picky and since they rarely ate at a Thai restaurant anyway, might as well just sit back and enjoy the meal.

“Alright, but you’re paying.” (YJ)

“I plan to.” (DH) Daehyun wrapped his arm around Young Jae’s waist before playfully kissing Young Jae’s cheek. Young Jae rolled his eyes as he looked off to the side in an attempt to hide the smile that was trying to make its way onto his face. No, he didn’t enjoy this one bit. Who said anything about that? Young Jae just remembered... some sort of joke that had been told to him at one time and he just randomly started to think about it.

Walking up the hill, Young Jae looked around purely out of boredom while Daehyun hummed happily to himself. He took in the all too familiar sights as they passed the many faces that he would never come to know. It was always rather peaceful here, so Young Jae did wonder how he was supposed to save this Daehyun. If there was no danger to begin with, then how exactly was this going to work? It didn’t really make much sense, but danger always ended up showing up sooner or later. Even if this did feel like a normal day, Young Jae had to keep up his defense if he wanted to get back home any time soon.

“See? Doesn’t it look nice?” (DH) Many places could look nice and still have a hidden agenda. Now, whether that hidden agenda was good or bad was a different story, but it was still present. Still, he did have to admit; it did look quite nice. Hopefully the service would make the experience much more pleasurable. After all, if the prices did end up being fairly high, then he wanted to get his money’s worth.

Entering the establishment, Young Jae looked around for a moment. It was clean for the moment. Nothing seemed to be too out of place either, so it gained a few points for the time being. Young Jae was quickly pulled from his thoughts as he felt Daehyun slightly pulling on his arm. Looking at Daehyun, Daehyun motioned his head over towards a table by the window before he led Young Jae over to it. Once they were seated, the two ordered their drinks before they began looking through the menu. “See anything you like?” (DH)

“I see one thing..” (YJ) Daehyun looked up from his menu, but was a bit surprised to see Young Jae looking at him with a seductive look in his eyes. Daehyun chuckled a bit as he looked back down at his menu. “What about you? Do you see anything?” (YJ)

“Nope.” (DH) Looking back up at Young Jae, he could see Young Jae now glaring back at him. Daehyun chuckled once more as he reached forward and took hold of Young Jae’s hand. “I’m kidding. Don’t be so mad, okay?” (DH)

“You’re lucky we’re in public..” (YJ) Young Jae looked off to the side as he mumbled quietly to himself. Daehyun only smiled as he shook his head, moving his hand back to his side as he glanced at the menu once more.

It didn’t take too long before they had finally decided and ordered the food that had caught their attention. With the menu’s no longer in sight, it left the two to stare at one another. While Daehyun held his usual smile, Young Jae couldn’t help but furrow his eyebrows and look at the window behind Daehyun. Why did Daehyun have to smile so often? What reason was there to be so happy all the time? “What’s on your mind?” (DH)

Although he didn’t want to, Young Jae slowly turned his gaze towards Daehyun. He was still smiling, though it was a smaller smile. Still, it was a smile nonetheless. Young Jae sighed a bit before folding his hands. What would be the point of striking up a conversation with these Daehyun’s if they’re not even the real one? They were just fragments of him, almost like a copy. However, these fragments were breathing and he could actually touch their skin. They weren’t holographic and despite what he wanted to believe, they were still living. “Nothing. Why do you ask?” (YJ)

“You seem like you have something on your mind.” (DH) Nothing seemed to ever pass Daehyun. Sure, he could sometimes pretend to not notice, but he just seems to always know what’s going on. It was.. well, scary, in a way. Young Jae wouldn’t really be able to keep a secret all that well if Daehyun found out almost immediately. “Come on. I know something’s bothering you. What is it?” (DH)

“... Nothing. Just drop it, okay?” (YJ) Instead of dropping the subject like he normally did, Daehyun’s smile disappeared as he leaned forward a bit. Young Jae narrowed his eyelids, trying to figure out what Daehyun was doing. At this exact moment, Daehyun SHOULD be sighing and agreeing with dropping it. However, Daehyun had a serious look on his face as he soon reached forward and took hold of Young Jae’s hands.

“Just tell me.. Keeping secrets like this.. You know I don’t like it.” (DH) Was Daehyun really trying to get him to talk? Young Jae scoffed as he pulled his hands out of Daehyun’s grasp. It wasn’t going to be all that easy to get him to talk. Daehyun sighed upon realizing that he wasn’t going to be getting his answers at that moment. Moving his chair closer, he folded his arms and rested them on the table as he leaned forward. “Why won’t you tell me what’s wrong?” (DH)

“I’m not obligated to tell you anything. Besides, what makes you think there’s anything wrong? I could simply be staring out the window in awe or whatever it is I was doing at that moment.” (YJ) Daehyun remained quiet for a moment as he thought on Young Jae’s words for a bit. Young Jae sighed as he took a quick sip of his drink before looking back at Daehyun. “Is it really important for you to know what’s on my mind all the time? It’s not stated in any sort of form that I have to tell you what I’m thinking every second that ticks by.” (YJ)

“Why can’t you just tell me?” (DH)

“Why are you being so stubborn?! Usually you wait a few days before asking again, but now you’re just being too much! There really is nothing on my mind, so can you please stop trying to inquire about information that is nonexistent?!” (YJ) Young Jae got up from his seat as he turned towards the door. He was about to leave the building to get some air, but he stopped himself. A small sigh escaped his lips, especially when he felt a hand gripping his wrist tightly, almost as if it was afraid to let go.

“Don’t go..” (DH) Why did Daehyun have to be that one person who can infuriate him, but then calm him down in a matter of seconds? Why did he have to marry the one person that was practically his weakness? With yet another sigh, Young Jae turned to see that Daehyun was now standing with a saddened, yet worried look on his face. “I’m sorry.. okay? I just wanted to make sure that you were alright..” (DH)

Should he believe him? Well, he did. Young Jae knew that Daehyun was the honest type and he rarely ever lied unless it was like that one time when they went to the hospital. With a small sigh, Young Jae nodded before slowly slipping back into his seat. Once Daehyun was certain that Young Jae wasn’t going anywhere, he finally released Young Jae from his hold before taking his own seat.

They sat quietly, the awkward atmosphere building around the two as they avoided eye contact. Young Jae couldn’t stand this feeling and if nothing happened soon, then he was fairly certain that he was going to end up getting back up anyway. Luckily for Young Jae, something, indeed, was going to happen. That something just.. wasn’t going to happen in the way he had hoped it would.

Out of nowhere, a large explosion occurred from across the street, sending all sorts of debris in every direction. Screams could be heard everywhere as car alarms went off from the debris that crashed into it. Daehyun had quickly flipped the table over before tackling Young Jae to the ground, using the table to keep themselves covered as debris crashed through the window. Daehyun held Young Jae tightly, keeping his body over Young Jae’s in order to protect him from any debris that managed to make its way over the table. Young Jae had his eyes shut, his hands firmly holding onto Daehyun’s shirt as he silently wished for all of it to come to an end. Sadly, yet another explosion occurred to the building right next to the one that had exploded, sending even more debris into the area. The screams were dying down since most of the people outside had managed to get away, but the few people that did remain were either inside of the nearby buildings or they had gotten injured, possibly worse. “What’s going on?!” (YJ)

“I don’t know, but we can’t stay here. This building could be next if there are more explosions.” (DH) Young Jae nodded, but before they could get up, yet another explosion had gone off. Young Jae didn’t know what to do. Even with Daehyun holding him securely like this, Young Jae was frozen in place with fear. He didn’t want to admit it, but he couldn’t bring himself to moving any time soon. “Come on..! We have to get going!” (DH)

“I.. I can’t..” (YJ)

“Why not?!” (DH) Young Jae bit his bottom lip as his grip on Daehyun’s shirt tightened. Even with Daehyun trying to push himself up, he refused to let Daehyun go. Looking down at Young Jae, a worried look on Daehyun’s face showed up as he lightly caressed Young Jae’s cheek with his thumb. “Young Jae.. baby, we have to go! It’s not safe here!” (DH)

“I.. I’ll try..” (YJ) With Daehyun’s help, Young Jae was able to finally get up to his feet. It did, however, take him a moment to stabilize himself. Taking in a deep breath, he looked around to see all the damage that had been done to the building. The large window had been completely broken through, tables and chairs had been overturned, debris was everywhere in the building and on the streets, and there was fire in various places. From what he could also see, there were a few people laying on the street either dead, passed out, or hunched over in pain. Was this all real? Was this all really happening?

“Come on. I’ll get you to safety and then I’ll come back and help everyone.” (DH)

No..!” (YJ) Young Jae quickly looked back at Daehyun, seeing the determined look on his face. This had to be the part where he had to save Daehyun. With how dangerous the situation was, there was no telling what could happen to either one of them. Another explosion, this time coming from a car, surprised the two though before Daehyun began pulling Young Jae out of the building.

“We’ll talk about this later. Let’s get out of here first.” (DH) The people that were still alive in the restaurant had already made their way out of the building and were attempting to make their way to safety. Once they were outside, Young Jae’s eyes had barely caught a glimpse of those unlucky enough to get caught in the destruction before Daehyun covered Young Jae’s eyes. Young Jae attempted to pull Daehyun’s hand away, especially since he couldn’t see where they were going, but Daehyun wouldn’t move his hand. “Don’t look..” (DH)

“I can handle it, Daehyun.” (YJ)

“Just.. don’t look, okay? There are some things that.. people shouldn’t be exposed to.” (DH) Young Jae would have argued with Daehyun, but this wasn’t the time nor the place to do this. Plus, seeing something in a show or in a game was very different from actually experiencing it in person. So maybe.. he owed Daehyun for this one.

Once Daehyun assumed that they were far enough away from further disaster, he finally released Young Jae from his hold as he sat him down on a nearby bench. With a small smile, Daehyun crouched down as he looked up at Young Jae. “Are you okay? You’re not hurt or anything, are you?” (DH)

“I’m fine... Are you.. okay?” (YJ) Daehyun held his smile as he reached up and caressed Young Jae’s cheek with his thumb. Young Jae turned a bit red, feeling as if he had said something that he shouldn’t have, but he kept eye contact with Daehyun regardless of how he felt.

“Yeah. I’m fine. I’m going to go and help any survivors. You stay here and wait for me, okay?” (DH) Daehyun got to his feet and probably would have taken a step away from Young Jae if it wasn’t for the fact that Young Jae was now holding onto his wrist. He frowned a bit before forcing a small, reassuring, smile onto his face. “I’ll be careful, so don’t worry, okay? Just stay here and rest up a bit.” (DH)

“I.. I don’t want you to go.” (YJ) The fact that he was still here must have meant that something else was going to happen. If he let Daehyun go now, then Daehyun could potentially die. That was something he wasn’t going to risk. “I won’t let you go.” (YJ)

“Young Jae.. I have to help them. I can’t just stand by and wait for others to help them..” (DH) Daehyun slightly attempted to pull his wrist out of Young Jae’s grasp, but Young Jae held onto him with a firm grip. With a small sigh, Daehyun crouched back down as he looked into Young Jae’s eyes. “Young Jae, baby.. I’ll be fine. I’ll make sure to be careful up there.” (DH)

“I.. I don’t want you to go! I.. I didn’t give you permission!” (YJ) Young Jae furrowed his eyebrows as he quickly tackled Daehyun to the ground. Before he could let Daehyun recuperate, Young Jae wrapped his limbs around Daehyun, restricting Daehyun from being able to move. “I won’t allow it!” (YJ)

“Young Jae..! What are you doing?! Let go of me!” (DH) Daehyun struggled a bit in Young Jae’s hold, but he didn’t want to struggle to much to where he ends up hurting Young Jae. Young Jae simply refused to release him though, his face burrowed into Daehyun’s chest as he fought back the tears that were threatening to escape. “Come on, Young Jae. I’m not playing! Let go of me! I need to go help them!” (DH)

“No!” (YJ) Just as he said that, another explosion sounded nearby. Both males looked up to see that it was the building nearest them. They were still out of range from the buildings, but if Daehyun had gone up, he could have possibly ended up getting caught in the blast. Young Jae looked down at Daehyun, whom slowly turned to look back up at him. “S-See..?! You could have been killed if I let you go! You ignorant idiot! Why do you have to be so stubborn?! Why do you have to save people when it could have gotten you killed or seriously injured as well?! I don’t want to lose you!” (YJ)

Just as tears began to fall down his cheeks, a white light flashed all around him. He had just shut his eyes when the light faded away quickly. Slowly, Young Jae looked around to find himself back in the now filled in room.

.. Are you okay?

“... Why.. are you making me go through all of this..” (YJ) Young Jae waited, but there wasn’t a single answer that came. Getting up to his feet, he looked down at himself to see that he was completely unharmed. His clothes weren’t torn either, though if he recalled, he was wearing a different set of clothes in that world. “Are you going to answer any of my questions, Daehyun?” (YJ)

I’ll tell you soon.. Just.. have patience. The next book is on the table in front of you.

“Fine..” (YJ) Young Jae wiped away his tears as he walked up to the table. He hated having to go through this, but.. he would have to continue to endure. Picking up the book, Young Jae opened the book before making his way over to the couch.

Once he was seated, Young Jae began to look through the book as his eyebrows furrowed and his cheeks reddened. This book was about their supposed first date to Sushi Seki. From there, it showed the moments after that and up until it showed their technical first date to the museum. Each sentence he read, each picture he saw, it was all something that brought both happiness and embarrassment to him. Sure, Young Jae was still upset about what had happened moments ago, but somehow.. this book had managed to take his mind off of it. “Daehyun.. Do you.. remember all of this, too?” (YJ)

Yeah.. I do. These moments are something that I hold close to my heart.

Although he didn’t want to admit it, Young Jae was actually glad to hear that. The fact that Daehyun held these memories close to him meant that it really was important. Though.. why did Young Jae have any doubt? He should have already known that these memories would be close and important to Daehyun. “When will we go home..?” (YJ)

It won’t be too long. Just five more rooms.

“What’s the point of restoring these rooms? Can’t I just go home?” (YJ) A sigh could be heard, causing Young Jae to smile a bit. It was weird to hear Daehyun sigh, but not actually see him do it. “Is that your answer?” (YJ)

No, no.. It’s just that.. It may not make sense now, but the rooms are important. Each room represents.. well, your memories. These books that you continue to get show memories of the past that you don’t know, but remember. The rooms are essentially the things that help sort between these memories. If you left now, your mind would still be confused.

“What do you mean by still? When had I ever been confused to begin with?” (YJ) Young Jae didn’t know that he had a mental break down after his birthday. He didn’t realize that he had been fighting to sort his memories out only to end up in a comatose state. Heck, he didn’t even realize that he was currently in a coma. “Daehyun..?” (YJ)

It seemed like Daehyun was now playing the silent card as Young Jae received no other response from him. A small sigh escaped Young Jae’s lips before he continued reading through the book. Once he was done with this book, he would continue on to the next room. It was repetitive, but... if he could keep a strong mind, then he could hopefully make it through all of this trouble without any problems.

How was he supposed to do it though..? The first scenario had involved a bunch of adolescent punks who tried to take over a school. Through that experience, Young Jae had been able to tough it out somehow. This time, however.. it was a lot more difficult than that. Random explosions with no explanation as to why they were happening?! How was someone supposed to cope with that?! Young Jae basically lost his composure and if it wasn’t for Daehyun, then he probably would have gotten them both killed!

Did these scenarios increase in difficulty the farther he went? If so, then what was next?! A nuclear explosion?! He doubted that he would be able to save Daehyun from such a thing! Young Jae reached up and held his head, closing his eyes tightly as he tried to push all of his thoughts away before they gave him a headache. He needed to just remain calm and focus. If he didn’t, then it would only end up getting him when he least expected it.

Stay strong.. I’m with you until the end.

Slowly, Young Jae opened his eyes as he kept his gaze down. As long as Daehyun was here then.. he didn’t have to worry, right? He didn’t want to admit it, but Daehyun was his support beam just as he was for Daehyun. As long as they had one another, then they could make it through everything. “I’ll remain strong then.. Just don’t expect me to pay you back or anything. Do you understand?” (YJ)

Yeah.. I understand. I just want you to make it out alright.

“Okay then..” (YJ) With a small sigh, Young Jae got up from his seat before making his way over to the door. Opening it up, he stepped out onto the hallway before seating himself by the wall next to the door. Looking outside the window, he sighed once more as he stared at the ocean that engulfed the building. “You know.. I don’t even like the ocean.. and yet.. somehow, it seems to captivate my attention.” (YJ)

Hm? Why’s that?

“The ocean is mysterious.. It has so many different forms of life that has yet to have been discovered and I would gladly take on that chance to discover them, but..” (YJ) Young Jae sighed for a moment as he adjust his position a bit. With his knees bent and his feet a small distance away from his bottom, he folded his arms before resting them on his knees. “The ocean is vast and could swallow me up at any time. Anything could happen to me and not one trace of me would be found. Like right now... I’ve been swallowed up by the ocean with little to no way out. It’s.. not exactly a pleasant feeling.” (YJ)

Don’t worry.. I’ll protect you.

“Aren’t I supposed to be the one saving you?” (YJ) A small chuckle could be heard, causing Young Jae to smirk a bit.

Okay.. You got me. But I’ll still try my best to save you too.

“Fine.. I trust you.” (YJ)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ My Own Thoughts:

Okay so...
I almost rewrote this entire chapter.. xD
I was staring at it and I was like “.. Do I truly feel like this chapter is good?”
And I guess it was acceptable.
It definitely felt rushed though, so I apologize for this. @_@
I’ll try to even it out a bit more next time.
Sorry again if you didn’t really like this chapter @_@

Comments are loved x3
I like seeing what everyone thinks of the fanfic/chapter
It helps me improve for the next fanfic/chapter >3<
I also like talking with everyone. x3
Also, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask them!
I will try my best to answer them. x3 ]]