;003

MYSTERIOUS SINNER

chapter three; mood swings


A good question came up in Sehun’s head today. If girls are in their mood swings, people said to feed them chocolate. But, what if the person is a guy? To be precise, Do Kyungsoo. After 4 months of friendship, this week has been hell for Sehun. Kyungsoo has mood swings.

At one moment, he was smiling like an angel. Like the angel falling slowly from the sky playing violin, is it violin? Sehun thought. Anyways, Kyungsoo was in a good mood.

[FLASHBACK]

“Good morning!” Sehun chirps cheerfully like a baby bird. Kyungsoo smiles brightly like the morning sun shines. “Why are you alone? Where is Jongin?” he asked. Sehun blinks confusedly “Jongin?” he questioned.

Kyungsoo chuckles “Yah, stop joking around” he looks at his watch “It’s time to assemble at the hall” he told. Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. “Jongin didn’t tell you?” he asked. Kyungsoo blinks “Told me what?” he asked.

Sehun chuckles “He must be in rushed that he forgot to tell” he looks at Kyungsoo. “Jongin will be absent for the whole week” told Sehun. “WHAT?” Kyungsoo half shouted “Why?” he asked.

The other shrugs “Ask him yourself” said Sehun, there are things Kyungsoo didn’t know about Jongin so he better just shut it.

“So, do you want to go to the hall now?” Sehun tilted his head. Kyungsoo sudden glum makes Sehun felt guilty. Kyungsoo just nodded “Let’s go” he told before walking to the hall followed by Sehun.

On Tuesday, Kyungsoo was absent. Sehun was the only one left at school. Due to the absence of his two friends, Sehun decided to skip classes and sleep at the rooftop.

[FLASHBACK]

The rooftop has been Sehun secret hideout for a while. It is not a shock to find a tent containing of foods, comics and sleeping bags on that roof. No one ever dare to come here unless they really can’t read the warning sign from Sehun at the door.

“Should I call Jongin?” he talks to himself. His friend has flied to Japan to do some business there while Kyungsoo is out of his radar. “Hm, what a nice weather” he smile and closes his eyes.

Suddenly, his sunlight became dark. “Aish” he opened his eyes. As he thought it was going to rain, he saw someone was blocking the light. “Yah, it’s you!” – Sehun furrowed his eyebrows before noticing the guy.

“Oh, it’s just you” he smirked before entering his tent and zipped it. “Yah, you skipped class. Don’t you?” said Luhan, shaking the tent of Sehun’s. “It wouldn’t concern you, just go” said Sehun while cuddling with his pillows.  

“You better come out from this tent or I will go in?” Luhan warned, trying to shake the tent harder. Sehun being hard-headed he is, he ignored the warning and keeps sleeping. The atmosphere went silent.

Sehun became curious and slowly crawling out of the tent. “LUHAN!” he shouted as he walks to Luhan who fainted on the floor.

On that day, Luhan was actually over worked and he slept in the infirmary until evening. Sehun waited that day until Luhan wakes up. So, the next day, Sehun was absent leaving Kyungsoo alone at school.

[FLASHBACK]

Kyungsoo was gathering the homework from his classmates to send it to Mr. Kim at the teacher’s room. He arrived at one of the student, the boy smirks. “Yah, what’s wrong with your expression?” he asked.

“Nah, I’m just sleepy” he gave his excuse. The boy looks around “I haven’t seen Jongin around” he stated before looking at Kyungsoo “Did the police finally caught him for illegal activities?” he jokes. His friends laugh.

And it was an automatic reaction that Kyungsoo slapped the guy with a book. “What the…” he was about to curse when Kyungsoo cuts in.

“If you know nothing about Jongin, don’t accuse him with bad things. It just reflects who you are as a human” after grabbing the books he walks out from the classroom.

As he walks through the hallway, he met Luhan. “Hello, sunbaenim” he greets. Luhan smiles and bowed.

“Are you alone? Where are your troops?” he asked specifically for Sehun actually. Kyungsoo shrugs. “Jongin is absent and Sehun is MIA” he told before both of them sighed.

“Um, I will excuse myself first” said Luhan before walking away. Kyungsoo then continued his walk to the teacher’s office.

 

At home, Sehun was not feeling well. “Do you want to go to the clinic?” asked the mother. Sehun shakes his head. His sickness was unexplainable by nature. He tried to call Jongin from yesterday, but he guessed that the boy was too busy with his own business.

“I’ll feel better soon, no worries” he smiles before his worried mother gets up. “I will make you chicken soup, just rest for now” she told before walking away.

Thursday was good day for Kyungsoo and Sehun since there are news about Jongin who went to Japan without any update.

[FLASHBACK]

Jongin called at the night when Sehun felt a little bit better. “Hello” said Sehun lazily. He could hear Jongin chuckled on the other line. “Did you miss me that much? 100 miscalls, like seriously, Oh Sehun” Jongin questioned.

Sehun pouted “It’s not that I miss you but I have a huge problem yesterday” he told. Jongin giggles “How big is it?” he teased. “I will tell you when you get back” said Sehun, not realizing it was a teased.

“Woah, it must be a really big problem then” said Jongin. Sehun nodded even though it can’t be seen by Jongin. “See you tomorrow, I will come to school tomorrow” he told. “Really?” Sehun sounded so excited.

“Yes” Jongin laughs “Yah, you did miss me” he exclaimed. Sehun giggles. “Hey, I got to go. See you tomorrow” said Jongin. “Alright” Sehun ended the call.

On Friday, which is today, Sehun came to the school and met Kyungsoo at his locker. As usual, the frown and big dark aura was filling his human self. “Morning” he chirps. Kyungsoo looks at Sehun. “Oh, morning” the guy smiles a little.

Sehun pouted but then he remembered something. “Yah, Jongin is coming to school today” he grins. Kyungsoo dark aura changes in a sudden. “REALLY?” he asked. Sehun nodded. “He called me yesterday saying he would come but maybe a little bit late.

“I see” Kyungsoo nodded while his lips are smiling wide. Sehun blinks “Yah, what happened to you?” he looks at the guy confusedly. Is the answer to his question earlier was Jongin, Kyungsoo chocolate was Jongin? He wondered.

“Let’s go to class, we’re going to be late” said Kyungsoo as he pulled Sehun to walk.

 

Jongin surfs into the school with his white-black striped mini cooper. He looks at his watch and walks to the cafeteria. Since its break time, his friends probably are there.

“Who do you think he is? Coming to school like this school is his?” whispered girl A. It wasn’t a whisper if the guy could hear her. “Yea, he got no manners” girl B replied.

Jongin rolled his eyes and keeps walking. It’s no use explaining, he will still look as a sinner. His days are still like usual.

 

Sehun and Kyungsoo were sitting at the corner of the cafeteria. Sehun was stuffing Kyungsoo’s food in his mouth while Kyungsoo just sit there, frowning. Jongin still hasn’t come. “Yah, why is this thing so bland today?” asked Sehun, his mouth was stuffed with food.

Kyungsoo shrugged while watching Sehun eating like a hungry hyena. “Yah, are you sure you’re the son of principal oh?” asked Kyungsoo. Sehun’s old man really looks well-mannered. But he son is a different other story.

Sehun pulled out his tongue and keeps eating. Even though it tasted bland but it still delicious, Sehun thought. “Ugh” Kyungsoo grunts and looks at Sehun “I couldn’t take it anymore!” he told.  Sehun looks at the other “What’s wrong?” he blinks.

“Nothing” he shakes his head and crossed his arms. “Aish” Sehun gulps down the food and takes the handkerchief to wipe off his lips. “Call me, Dr. Oh” said the boy suddenly. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes “I don’t have time to play hospitals with you, Sehun” he replied coldly.

“Yah, this one is not a game. Plus, you at roleplaying” he roll his eyes, pouting. “I’ve told you. I’m not good at acting” Kyungsoo pouted. “Anyways, let’s have a bet” said the blonde guy.

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows “Bet?” he blinks. Sehun nodded. “I bet that Jongin will arrive in few minutes” he grins. Kyungsoo smirks “I bet Jongin will not come today” he told. Sehun nodded “Alright, treat me bubble tea if I win” said the blonde.

“Ready to be my servant, blondie” said Kyungsoo.

 

Jongin enters the cafeteria, looking around to search for Sehun and Kyungsoo. Sehun texted him saying that he’ll in the cafeteria but Sehun stupidity clearly show since he didn’t tell the place where they sit.

“Aish, he will never bring his brain didn’t he?” he mumbles while looking around. “Yah, Kkamjong!” Sehun voice clearly attracts all the attention Jongin sighed as he quickly walks to the table. Sehun was waving enthusiastically while Kyungsoo was face-palming himself.

“Hey guys” he greeted them with a smile. “So, how was Japan?” asked Sehun while glancing at Kyungsoo, he smirks. The thoughts of drinking bubble tea after school makes him smile.

“It was good, but I think I need to learn their language. My lips are sore because I do too much smiling than talking” he chuckles and took a seat near Kyungsoo. The smaller guy looks silent.

“Kyungsoo-ah, are you okay?” Jongin lifted an eyebrow. He looks at the smaller guy. Sehun taps Kyungsoo’s shoulder and the boy regains his consciousness “Huh, what, where?” he mumbles. Jongin chuckles “Dazing off, Kyungsoo ah?” he teased. Sehun laughs.

“What’s wrong with you Kyungsoo?” Sehun teased. Kyungsoo glared at Sehun to make the boy shut up. “I thought you were off to Japan for a few days” Kyungsoo cursed himself. Stupid question, he thought.

Jongin chuckles “Why? You don’t like being here?” he teased. “No, I like you. I mean I like you being here. No I mean…” his mind was blank, he keeps uttering s.

Sehun was grinning like an idiot while Jongin stared at the little dazed boy.

As the bells ring, Kyungsoo quickly stands up. “Fuh, let’s go to class” told Kyungsoo as he starts walking, leaving Jongin and Sehun in dazed.

“Wow, now I know what ‘saved by the bell’ idiom means” Sehun chuckles. Jongin laugh “You actually concentrate in English class?” he mocked.

“Yah, btw… I’m planning an important mission right now” told Sehun as he walked together with Jongin and Kyungsoo. “What mission?” asked Kyungsoo. Jongin blinks “Is it the one to solve your really big problem that you told me yesterday?” asked Jongin.

“Nah” Sehun smirks “A better mission” he told as he pulled his two friends to English class. 


SHOUT OUT!  ♪♪♪

@Parkchanchan : Thanks for the wonderful comments! I love you /flying hearts.

@BoyXboylove : Thank you for finding my story interesting and read it^^

@IRAbpholic : Your message really makes me feel wonderful Thank you!!