;001

MYSTERIOUS SINNER

chapter one; mysterious sinner


Seoul High School, the school where everyone was treated the same. No matter what your background you have. At that moment, the moment where everyone walking into the school ground, a black Sedan swifts into the ground and makes it stops into the parking lot.

A while later, a student named Kim Jongin walks out from his car with his backpack hanging on one side of his shoulder. As usual, the students gave him their glares while whispering to each other.

 “Ah! I forgot” he talks to himself before opening his black leather bag and takes out his earpiece. He bought it yesterday. He smiles proudly before plugging it into his ears. Maroon 5, Animal is playing as he makes his way through the hallway.

“Yah. I heard that he just moved to a bigger apartment recently” boy A told. Unknown resource but he still needs to spread the rumours.  “Really? Is he really that rich? I heard he is an orphan” girl B questioned. Like a believer of unknown religion she followed the flow.  “Ah, I heard he plays with older woman” girl C added. Adding more oil to a burning house, she is the worst.

Jongin sighs. He used to clarify those things. But he decided to give up. It was a waste of time.

 

Finaly he arrived at his locker. He heaved a relieved sighs. Every day, his journey to his locker was like hell. Next semester, he would ask for the first locker near the door. Anyways, he got a chemistry class to attend. He quickly opens the locker door and search for his book.

“Yah, should we go clubbing tonight?” – Jongin was flustered a bit before looking at the tall blonde male leaning on the locker next to him. Oh Sehun, the school delinquent, is majoring in skipping class and minoring in lame jokes.

Jongin blinks, feeling a bit confused “Why suddenly…” he was cut off by Sehun “I heard that the older women are treating us tonight” he glared at the group of co-ed near the locker he was leaning to. His characteristics are overprotective and heartless.                                                                         

“Aish, let’s go before that delinquent take his revenge” said boy A while pulling his friends to scoot away. Sehun smirks, feeling satisfied. “YOU BETTER RUN S!” he shouts. He his hair to the back while looking at Jongin. “So, do I look like a gangster?” he stared.

Jongin chuckles “Yah, don’t scare them like that” he closed the locker door “I’m used to it” he added. Sehun rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms. “You can fake a smile but your eyes couldn’t lie, Jongin” he poked the guy forehead.

Jongin snorted “Is that your pick up lines to get girls?” he stared. Sehun chuckles “No, to get Kim Jongin’s heart” he said dramatically. “Ugh” Jongin shivers and Sehun just grins

 

“Er…” a tiny little voice interrupts their gay-ish moment. Jongin turns to look at the wide-eyed and short guy standing near them. He looks kind of disturbed. No one can blame him though. Sehun looks so gay to start with. Meanwhile, Sehun stared deathly at the guy.

“What? You have problems with Jongin too huh?” he frowned while clenching his fist. He will never hit them actually, just to scare people out. “N-No” the boy stuttered while his trembling hands pointing at the locker behind Sehun. “You were leaning on my locker” he added.

Jongin snorted. Sehun was flustered. “A-Ah, really?” he unclenched the fist and rubs his nape. He quickly moves away “Sorry” he gave a 90 degree bow.

“Its fine” the boy smiles before stepping to his locker. Sehun grins and looks at Jongin who was smirking at him. “Next time, bring your brain along to school. Not just your bag” the dark-skinned latter laughs before walking away.

Sehun scoffed “Where did he learn those sarcasms from…” he mumbles before his eyes met with the other guy. “I’m sorry again” he bowed before leaving to chase after Jongin “Yah, wait!” he shout.

The guy just chuckles “What a weird couple” he thought.

 

As he walks in, the atmosphere became silent. He felt like he walks walking through the graveyard. The cold air hits him hard. Normal, he thought. He sits at the corner of the lab before the atmosphere become noisy again.

His throat hurts. No one to talk to and staring at those people talking makes the pain deeper. As he wishes to talk, his phone vibrated. It’s Sehun. Is he a mind reader? Jongin wonders.

He answers the call and put the phone on his ear without uttering anything. “Haters gonna hate. Be deaf and be blind” Sehun sudden greetings make Jongin laughs. “Yah, I told you not to drink in school” said Jongin, sarcastically.

Sehun laughs “How do you know? I bought about 10 bottles of alcohol” he jokes. Jongin laughs “Yah, the teacher has entered. Goodbye” he told. “Okay, talk later” Sehun ended the call. Jongin put the phone back inside his pocket.

“Attention!” the class representative shouted. The students quickly sit straight. “Good morning, Mrs. Lee” he greeted and the other follows.  “Morning” she smiles and observes the students. “Okay!” she marks the attendance.

“Today, we have a new friend joining in” she told. The class starts their howling. Jongin wasn’t interested as usual so he turns his head and watch the soccer team practicing at the field.

 

The student enters with a wide smile. “Hello” he bowed “My name is Do Kyungsoo. You can call me Kyungsoo. Hope we can get along” he bowed again.

The boy was too cute. The girls and boys are squealing. Kyungsoo eyes looks around the class and their classmates before noticing one guy was not paying attention. Familiar, he thought.

“Since Kyungsoo came in a little bit late. He might miss some of chapters. So, help him, okay?” told the teacher. “Okay!” answers the other.

“Alright then” she smiles before looking at Kyungsoo “I’m going to start the class. Go take any seat you want” she smiles. Kyungsoo nodded and walks through the aisle. “Okay, class. Take out your Chemistry text book, today we are going to do an experiment” she continued.

Like the teacher instructed, Jongin everted his eyes away from the field. He takes his books and opens it before looking at the board.

 

“Er…” Kyungsoo rubs his nape feeling a bit nervous. He looks at the cold guy. Jongin turns to look at the guy. “Oh, locker boy” said Jongin. He blinks while staring at the boy.

“Is this seat taken?” asked Kyungsoo, pointing at the chair beside Jongin. The other looks at the empty chair, dusty. It means no one ever sit there. Jongin shrugs “Just sit if you want” he told, focusing back to the board.

The nasty whispers of his classmates really makes he wants to explode. Yes, there is someone who insane enough to sit beside him. It’s not a sin to start with actually. He rolled his eyes.

“Idiot” he mutters under his breath. Kyungsoo who heard the voice of the guy beside him looks at the cold guy. “Pardon?” he blinks. Jongin shakes his head “Nothing” he keeps eyes on the board.

“By the way, I’m Kyungsoo” he offers a handshake. Jongin grab the other hand and give it a light shake. “Jongin, Kim Jongin” he told and quickly pulls back his hand. It will cause a ruckus if the others see.

 

“Okay, I already wrote the procedures on the board. After you finished jotting it down, you may start taking the apparatus from the cupboard and start your experiment. But, be careful. I’ll walk around and check. Okay?” Mrs. Kim warned. “Yes!!” the students replied.

“Ugh. I hate Chemistry.” Kyungsoo sighed while his hand is jotting down the procedures. He tried to make a conversation with the guy beside him. It’s a group work to start with. Nothing will work if they don’t talk.

“It’s not that bad if you try to enjoy it” said Jongin, eyes still on the board and his hand was busy writing. Kyungsoo stares at the guy. Jongin looks like the nerd who likes chemistry. “Is there a problem?” he asked.

“A-Ah. Nothing, your handwriting is nice” he grins. As he looks at Jongin writing, it was the opposite of what he said. His writing was like 6 year old learning how to write.

Jongin snorted. He knew the other was lying but it was not a time to debate. “I’ll go get the chemicals and you go get the apparatus” told Jongin before walking away. Like a butler, Kyungsoo followed.

 

“Wow, you’re really good at Chemistry” Kyungsoo complimented. He looks so amazed at Jongin’s amazing hand works handling all the Chemicals. “Nah, I think I’m just good at mixing up stuffs” Jongin smiles.

“Oh” Kyungsoo nodded while still staring at Jongin amazing hands movements. Jongin looks at Kyungsoo. The boy was really amazed, he thought. So, that means it was the first compliment he got from someone who is not his families, teachers or Sehun.

“You want to try?” Jongin offers. He doesn’t mind doing the entire job alone but Kyungsoo would probably want to try to. He just remembers that he is not alone right now. “Really? Are you sure?” asked Kyungsoo.

Jongin nods and handed over the measuring cylinder to the boy. “E-Er, okay” he felt nervous all of sudden. The last time he did this, he burned the lab down. His hands were trembling. Jongin who saw the nervousness quickly offers to help.  

His hands are under Jongin touch. Weirdly, he felt a lot calmer now and slowly Jongin let go of the hands. Kyungsoo is now in a good condition to finish the experiment while he was watching.

 

The bell rings. Jongin actually just realized the time is up. Usually, he was the one who are waiting for the class to end. “Okay, class. Let’s wrap up” told Mrs. Lee and the students starts to clean the apparatus.

After Jongin bold actions of holding Kyungsoo, the shorter latter feels a little bit awkward around the guy.  “I’m going first” told Jongin. Kyungsoo jumps a little when Jongin hand touches his shoulder.

“O-Oh, okay” Kyungsoo nodded as the other runs for his next class.

 

Sehun already waited for him in English class to reserve a seat for the other. As Jongin walks in, the guy waved his hand enthusiastically. Jongin flashes a smile before walking through the aisle of stares.

“Yah, if you keep acting like this. People might think we’re gay” told Jongin while taking his seat. “So? Nothing is wrong with that?” he smirks. Jongin chuckles and just throw a soft fist on the other’s shoulder.

He knows even though Sehun always said those. But, actually Sehun only takes him as a friend or a twin. So, Jongin never takes it to heart.

“Anyway, anything interesting happened during Chemistry?” asked Sehun as the other was silent. Jongin shrugs “Nah, just the same” he looks at the blond guy “Please tell me that you attend the class before this” he squinted.

Sehun foolish grin told Jongin that the guy has been sleeping on the rooftop again. “Aish. You little…” Jongin rolled his eyes. Sehun giggles. “But, I do met someone interesting” he told as he smirks.

Jongin looks at the other excitedly “Really? Who was it?” he asked. Sehun never classified someone as interesting before.