;008

MYSTERIOUS SINNER

chapter eight


“Kyungsoo!” Jongin called the boy. He was running but Kyungsoo was already far and he seemed to be walking in a fast speed. Is Kyungsoo mad? He wonders. The boy already skipped the nearest toilet at the cafeteria.

Kyungsoo was walking with nowhere to go. Class? Library? His mind couldn’t think of anything but to hide right now. “Kyungsoo” he heard Jongin’s voice but he couldn’t stop. Was he feeling betrayed? He wonders.

He finally found a place to hide. Kyungsoo sat in the janitor’s room. He needs to call someone. “Baekhyun!” he just remembered about his twin, Do Baekhyun. As he reached the phone in his pocket, the door of the room opens. He thought it was the janitor. But Jongin was standing there.

“Kyungsoo” Jongin muttered his name as he stared at him. Kyungsoo stayed silent and looks down. Jongin slowly walks to him, the boy was panting hard. “Kyungsoo” he called the name again. He sat beside Kyungsoo. As he already calmed, Jongin looks at the latter.

“Are you okay?” he asked. Jongin doesn’t know where to start. He didn’t know whether Kyungsoo was upset or mad. Kyungsoo nodded “I’m okay” he slightly smiles. “If you are… why we are in a janitor’s room?” asked Jongin.

The bell rang and Kyungsoo was about to move but Jongin gripped his arm tight. “There’s something not right. And until it’s solved, you and I will never leave this room” told Jongin sternly. Like he was hypnotized, Kyungsoo sat slowly on the ground and hug his legs.

It was silence until Jongin opens his mouth. “I’m sorry” Jongin apologizes. Maybe that would start one conversation between them, he thought. Kyungsoo shakes his head “Don’t be” he looked down “I was acting like a brat, I’m sorry” he sighed.

Jongin looks at the latter “We’re friends to start with” he holds Kyungsoo’s shoulder “Sehun and I should’ve let you join” he added. “We are sorry and for someone who is closer with you, I’m sorry, Kyungsoo” said Jongin.

Kyungsoo tears slowly falls down his cheek. Jongin smiles and embraces the other. The boy cried on Jongin’s chest while the other rubs his back to calm Kyungsoo down. “I’m sorry for making you cry too” Jongin jokes.

Kyungsoo smiles as he wiped his tears. He looks at Jongin. The boy was smiling at him. It was that moment he realizes. He likes Jongin. Only Jongin can make him happy, sad and mad at the same time and got away with it.

“Should we go to class now?” said Jongin, still smiling. Kyungsoo chuckles and nodded. “Let’s go” he gets up and helped Jongin to get up. Jongin looks at his watch “But, I think we might as well just skipped it” he grinned.

Kyungsoo blinks in confusion “What do you mean?” he stared at Jongin. The other smirks as he grabs Kyungsoo’s hand. “Let’s go!” he runs as he pulled Kyungsoo towards the car. “Where are we going?” asked Kyungsoo, panting.

Jongin smiles “We’ll see” said the boy before drifting out from the school.

“First task completed!” said Sehun. He was sitting on the rooftop watching Jongin making his first move. “My dad made the rule and my best buddy breaks the rule” he smirks as he waved Jongin goodbye even though the other didn’t saw it.

“What should I do now? Might as well skipped all of the class” he pulled his popcorn and continue to watch Luhan and Minseok on the field, training. “GOAL!” he cheered for Luhan’s goal.

 

In the car, Kyungsoo was still in dazed. He just skipped school with a boy he knew for a few months. Is this why the teacher advices their students to choose friends wisely? He blinks. “Jongin” he looks at the boy “Is it okay to skip?” he asked.

Jongin chuckles “Why are you scared?” he keeps driving. Kyungsoo rubs his nape. “Em, the principalarrow-10x10.png will probably call us at the next assembly” he looks concerned. “Have you forgotten about Sehun?” he grins “He will wipe our clean. No worries” Jongin starts speeding up.

 

Sehun decided to sleep at his father’s room since the weather was too hot for his liking. “I better get an air conditioner installed next time” he reminded himself and calmly walks to the school office. His phone rings.

jongin l i’m skipping. see you tomorrow. p/s; i brought kyungsoo along

“Tch- idiots in love” he mumbles and put the phone in his pocket. He enters the office to see his father. “Hello Sehun” the guy at the front desk greets. Sehun smile “Is my dad in?” he asked. “Em, he was in the meeting room” told the guy.

Sehun nodded “Just tell him I’m inside his room” he calmly enters the principal’s office. If someone didn’t know about his father, they would probably think that he created a big ruckus and was sent to the principal’s office.

He suddenly chuckles. And he knew who will get that kind of thought. Luhan, he smiled and throws himself on the couch. “Ah, cold and comfortable room” he closes his eyes and sleep.

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin stopped by at the Baskin robins for ice creams. “I’ve been craving with hazelnut ice cream and finallyarrow-10x10.png I got it” said Jongin as he his ice cream like a happy child. Kyungsoo chuckles “Eat slowly. The ice cream won’t run away” told the boy and wipes Jongin dirty mouth.

“Yah, there is something I’ve been wondering about” told Kyungsoo. Jongin smiles “I know” he keeps focusing on his ice cream. The other looks at Jongin weirdly. “You’ve been trying to ask me ever since we are in the car, haven’t you?” he looks at Kyungsoo.

The other nodded. Jongin is good at reading people’s gestures and expressions. “I don’t know how to construct the proper sentence” he rubs his nape, looking down. Jongin chuckles “Take your time” – he gets up and ordered for Americano.

In the car, he starts to wonder. He only looks at Jongin as a normal person and despite what others say, he thinks Jongin was the opposite of it. But, from the story they told earlier. A question that pops out was ‘Who is Kim Jongin’ but Kyungsoo doesn’t have a proper question for that.

Jongin came back with iced Americano in his hand. “I’m ready for out next location” he grins “Let’s go” he walks away, leaving Kyungsoo dazed. This guy really enjoyed his day of skipping classes doesn’t he? He thought. Kyungsoo gets up and quickly followed Jongin into his car.

 

Luhan smiles at the male clerk that works at the counter. “I’m Luhan, the school’s football team captain” he introduces himself. The clerk nodded “You may wait inside. The principalarrow-10x10.png will be entering soon” he smiled. Luhan nodded “Okay, thank you” he bowed and walks to the room.

As he entered the room, the first thing he saw was sleeping Sehun on the couch. He concluded that the principalarrow-10x10.png wants to meet Sehun too. He was the basketball team captain too. “Yah, wake up!” he slaps Sehun’s legs.

The boy slowly opens his eyes and yawns. He looked at the person who was staring at him. “YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?” he exclaimed in shock. Luhan rolled his eyes. “Ugh, to meet the principalarrow-10x10.png of course” he stared at Sehun.

“Who told you that you can sleep in here?” said Luhan more. Before Sehun can answered the clueless boy in front of him, the door cracks open and automatically the two looks at the old man walking in.

 

Principalarrow-10x10.pngOh walks in with a smile. The clerk has informed him about his two guests waiting in his room. He looked at the deer eyed boy first. “Hello, I’m Luhan” the boy quickly bowed.

Then he looked at Sehun. His son looks half sleepy. “Can I continue my sleep?” asked the boy.

Luhan gasps at Sehun’s sudden action and he pinched the boy. Sehun moans in pain. “Stop it” he looks at Luhan. But the other keeps pinching him. “Yah, I will report this to my dad!” told Sehun while trying to avoid crab-han.

“Where’s your dad huh? Call him here, now” said Luhan, keeps pinching Sehun. Principal Oh chuckles and Luhan stops. He looks at the old man. “Dad, this boy is pinching me” Sehun’s voice rings beside him. Luhan looks at Sehun “Dad?” he blinks.

Sehun smirks as he throws himself back on the couch, leaving Luhan dumbfounded of what happened. Luhan looks at the old man. Principal Oh just smile. “Have a seat, Luhan-ah” he sat on the solo couch while the other sit on the twin couch. Sehun got the triplets couch by himself.

“So, about the new jerseys that you applied for” the old man opens his mouth. Luhan looks at the old man and nods “Yeah. The match is near and our jerseys are too old and so we asked for new ones” he smiled.

Principal Oh nodded and fixed his glasses. “I know what you mean but…” he looks at the innocent boy “The basketball team also request for a new ones. As you know they are our niche area” he explained. Luhan sighs “So, they will get the jerseys?” he blinks.

Principal Oh nodded “I’m sorry team captain” he looks at the latter. Luhan smiles and shakes his head “It’s okay” he obviously depressed. He couldn’t deny the fact that the basketball team are better. They’ve won every match they entered while the soccer team has their ups and down.

 

“We cancelled our request for new jerseys” – Luhan was flustered to the voice near him as his head turns to look at the blonde guy getting up from his seat. Principal Oh calmly looks at his son. “It’s from the team captain of basketball team” said Sehun before getting up and walks away.

Luhan true about one thing and he also rant about one thing when he watched the football team was having their practice every time. Their clothes are too old for the competitors to look up at them and the team also feels less confidence because of the clothes.

 

As Sehun leave, Principal Oh chuckles and looks at Luhan. “So, who are you little man” he stared at Luhan and the other felt nervous. “I-I’m his friend” he stuttered. Why does it feel like meeting a father in law? He stared at the old man.

Principal Oh nodded “Take care of my son well” he smiles “I never saw his friend other than Jongin” he told. Luhan nodded. “He can be cold and rude at the same time but that’s how he expresses his feeling” the old man added.

“No, he is not that rude or cold” Luhan felt weird. Why did his complementing that bastard? He sighed. Principal Oh laughs “No, you don’t need to say nice things” he smiles. He knows how his son behaved. Luhan nodded.

“Alright, I will try to have a meeting one more time” said the old man “So that they allow to help both teams for jerseys” he smiled. Luhan eyes turn wide “Really?” he blinks and the old man nodded. “Thank you” Luhan smiles.

Principal Oh just smile and nodded.

 

Minseok almost burst out his drinks. “Yah! All this while you never knew…” he paused and Luhan nodded. The other laughs “And you even sends the principal’s car on towed?” his eyes turn wide. Luhan nodded again “I thought it was his car and he was being rude parking his car at that place” he explained.

Minseok laughs and shakes his head “Yah, you really owed that guy an apology” the other pats his shoulder. Luhan pouted after what his friend told him.