;007

MYSTERIOUS SINNER

chapter seven


Sehun and Luhan were staring at each other. They were trying to read each other’s mind. As an older boy, Luhan opens his mouth. “Let’s talk” said the older. Sehun nodded in agreement. He walks passed the older “Follow me” told the younger and walks before Luhan.

 

Sehun sat on the roof. Luhan stayed silent. It was an awkward air to be felt. “How have you been?” asked Sehun. He can’t deny the fact that he was worried about the other. Luhan nodded “Better than before” he watched the people playing football.

“And you?” he looks at Sehun. The younger has been staring at him. Sehun quickly looks away as he was caught. He clears his throat “Nothing changed” he stared at the sky.

“I took back de-merits I gave before” told Luhan. Sehun chuckles “You don’t have to” – his father has clean his name off those things nonetheless. “I’ll pay you back” Luhan added. Sehun chuckles “You should confront Jongin with that” he told.

Luhan sighed “Well, I feel like I owe you something” he looks at Sehun “Please tells me anything you want. I will try to find it” he begged. Sehun snorted “I don’t think I have anything in my mind” – it’s true because his mind is full with Luhan’s name right now.

“Ah, what a sweet couple” said Sehun. Luhan looks at Sehun and the boy pointed with his mouth. From a far, he could see Kim Jongin and Kyungsoo walking towards the cafeteria together.

 

“Yah, I have lost my confidence for Chemistry” Kyungsoo whines. Jongin chuckles, he ruffles Kyungsoo‘s hair. “Then, should I give up on my English?” he rests his arm on Kyungsoo’s shoulders. Jongin at English while Kyungsoo was good at it and vice versa for Chemistry.

Kyungsoo crosses his arms and pout. “English is easy, you better don’t give up. As long as I’m still alive, I’ll make sure your English will get A” said the ‘teacher’ with determination. Jongin chuckles.

“Same with me, as long as my name still Jongin, I’ll make sure you’ll pass your Chemistry” nudging the other’s shoulder. Kyungsoo looks up to that person. Jongin was too tall so don’t blame him for being shorter “Only passed? Not A?” he blinks.

“Em” Jongin pretended to think “Well, I achieved C minus if I studied alone, means I have potential in getting an A” he grins. Kyungsoo scoffed “What do you mean by that statement?” he stared. Jongin grins “Interpret it yourself” he runs away.

“Yah!” Kyungsoo runs after him.  

“Yeah, they looked so sweet” Luhan smiled. Then he looked at Sehun. “Are they together?” he asked. Sehun shakes his head. “Not yet” he smirked. His mission is almost done. Just a few more task before the two would confess to each other.

“Jongin” Luhan muttered and Sehun looks at him. “Is not like what the rumours spreaded. Isn’t he?” he stared. Sehun nods “Yeah, the dangerous Jongin that you people wants to avoid” he smirks. “Isn’t it awkward, he actually helping one of you now?” he said sarcastically.

Luhan smiles “I’m not one of them though” he watched Jongin from a far. “I never trust those rumours” he told. Sehun looked at Luhan. There were sincerity in his eyes and words.

“I once caught he was smiling at me before” he told “From that moment, I know he was actually a friendly guy” he looked at Sehun.

“Oh, the smile…” Sehun nodded “You and I are in the same boat. Falling for Kim Jongin’s smile” he smiles lightly gets up. “About your offer, I’ll think about it” said Sehun before leaving Luhan alone at the roof.

 

From a far, he saw Sehun was joining Kyungsoo and Jongin’s company. He smiled a little. Sehun acts cutely when he was with the two. It wasn’t the first time he saw it. He always saw Sehun acting like a child around his friends. Jongin would be the father and Kyungsoo would be the mother.

“Ah! I need to thank Jongin!” he just remembered. He quickly gets up and walks down the stairs 

 

“Eh? Where’s Sehun?” Kyungsoo looks around. Jongin checks his phone but no message from Sehun. “Maybe he still in pooping” Jongin jokes and Kyungsoo laughs. “Yah, what did you just say” Sehun appeared from their backs.

Kyungsoo jumps to the front while Jongin laugh. “Done pooping?” Jongin teased. Sehun pouted. “I felt sleepy so I slept at the rooftop just now” he told. Jongin laughs “Yeah right. I heard no one was allowed to be at the toilet due to strong smell of…” he paused.

Kyungsoo and Sehun stared at Jongin. The boy has stopped talking. “What’s wrong with him?” Sehun waved his hand in front of Jongin’s face.  Kyungsoo blinks and followed the direction of Jongin’s stare.

“Oh” Kyungsoo nodded. “Sehun, someone is here for you” told Kyungsoo with a smile. Sehun blinks and looks at the direction Kyungsoo pointed. Luhan was staring at him from a far. “Hyung!” Kyungsoo waved.

“Be right back” said Sehun as he walked to Luhan. Kyungsoo and Jongin looks at each other. “We should ask Luhan to join us” said Jongin. Kyungsoo nodded “But, let them talk first” said the boy before took a seat at the nearest bench.

 

Sehun looks at Luhan. “So, you decided to be my stalker?” he smirks while crossing his arms. Luhan snorted and rolled his eyes. “Stop dreaming. I’m here to thank Jongin” he looks at Sehun. “But, I don’t know how to approach you guys” he rubs his nape.

The other chuckles “Do we put a barricade around us?” he glances at his two friends. Kyungsoo waved and Jongin just smile. “Come. Let me help you” he grabbed Luhan’s hand and pulled him to the two boys. At his slight touch, Luhan’s blood has rushed to his face.

His heart is beating faster than ever. “Guys” said Sehun as he let go of Luhan’s hand. Kyungsoo and Jongin gets up “Luhan wants to join us for lunch” told Sehun. Kyungsoo chuckles “So, it’s official now?” he looks at the blushing Luhan.

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. “What do you mean?” asked the other. Jongin chuckles “Let’s eat!” he changed the subject. He pulled the innocent Sehun while Kyungsoo walks with Luhan.

 

The table at the corner of the cafeteria was a little but louder than usual today. Laughter and happiness could be heard and felt. Luhan called Minseok to join them and the table were full with 5 guys talking about ‘SAVE LUHAN MISSION’.

“Oh, so you guys are teaming up to help me?” Luhan questioned. “Yeah, Sehun was our project manager while Minseok hyung is our detective” explained Jongin while giggling. Sehun nods “And Jongin was the person that made it happened” he pats Jongin’s back.

“Damn” Luhan cursed “I should’ve seen that coming” he giggles. Minseok nodded “If you saw it, Sehun wouldn’t have the chance to see you in drag” he teased. Luhan pouted. “Don’t remind me about that” he rolled his eyes.

 

Kyungsoo who just knew about the mission, laugh bitterly. Jongin noticed Kyungsoo sudden expression exchange. For Kyungsoo, his heart felt like it was stab with a sharp knife and he felt suffocated. In the middle of people talking, he gets up.

Everyone stared at him confusedly. “I need to use the toilet” said the boy as he slowly walks away. Jongin furrowed his eyebrows as he still at his seat. Sehun looks at Jongin troubled face. “Are you okay?” he asked. Jongin replied with a nod.

Luhan chuckles “I don’t think you are” he muttered. “What do you mean?” Jongin stared. It was a scary gaze. But, Luhan gulps it down. “Go after him” said Luhan “I think he will understand you better than this idiot here” he pointed at Sehun.

Sehun scoffed “Yah…” – Luhan shut him up and looks at Jongin. “Go after him, quick!” he repeated. Jongin looks at Sehun, the other nodded. In a quick movement, Jongin fades in a second. Minseok was in awe “Woah” he looks at Sehun “Are you guys like… ninja turtle or something” he asked.

Luhan laughs “Minseok, finish your food. We go training in 10 minutes” – he started to finish his soup. Sehun looks at the two. “Training?” he repeated. Minseok nodded “Don’t you know? Luhan is the captain of our football team” he blinks.

The said boy smiles proudly before Sehun chuckles. “Ah, I don’t care much about football. Our niche area was basketball” he smirks – he was the captain of the basketball team of the school. Luhan scoffed “Shut up” he mumbles.

Sehun snorted and rolled his eyes. “Yah” Minseok whispers “Want to know a secret?” he grinned. Sehun looks at the boy “What?” he blinks. He glances at Luhan before leaning to Sehun’s ear. “When Luhan said ‘Shut up’ he wants us to talk more” told the older.

“Ah!” Sehun nodded and smirks. Luhan looks at the two “What are you guys whispering about?” he blinks. Minseok shakes his head “Nothing” he grinned and gets up “Captain! I will go change first” he slowly walks away.

“Minseok-hyung! We should get some steamed bun together sometimes” Sehun waved. Minseok nodded and left. “Yah, why haven’t called me hyung?” he stared “I’m older too!” he exclaimed. Sehun snorted “Wait till the sky is falling” he mumbles.

“YAH!” Luhan whimper.