We meet again.

A Heart's Own Mind.

I couldn't sleep at all. Two things were keeping me awake.

1. I kept thinking about that one man with the captivating voice. I was sure that we would never meet again because I didn't know how he looked like and what his name was. Oh man.

2. I was totally excited! I would be going to Japan today! Yay! And I would finally meet those idols.

Gotta get moving! The world would not be waiting for me!

 

"I will miss you, Ha Ni-ah." Yuri pouted when we arrived at the airport.

"I'll miss you, too.", I said and hugged her. 

She sighed. "Oh man, that's totally unfair that I won't be here when you return."

That was right. After this month, Yuri would return to the States. It would be so lonely without her.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you behind like this.", I said.

She smiled. "Don't be sorry. Enjoy your stay in Japan. Have fun for me. And then tell me everything, I mean it, EVERYTHING, without leaving out any details."

I laughed. "Okay, I promise."

My Dad was looking at his watch. "You should get going or you'll be late."

I hugged my Dad. "Okay. I'll call you."

"Take care of yourself, dear."

I hugged them both again and then I got going. Just before entering the airport, I turned around again. They were both waving. I waved back and turned around hurriedly. I was fighting back my tears and I didn't want them to see it.

 

Now I was wandering around the airport, feeling totally lost.

Oh man, why were airports so big? If I couldn't find the idols, I would be late. And I was only on probation period! Why was I always dogged by bad luck?

Without knowing what to do, I asked some staff members from the airport if they saw some idols with a big entourage. Nobody could help me. Totally frustrated and exhausted, I sat down on a seat and leaned my head on the back rest. I closed my eyes and mentally kicked myself for being such an idiot.

Great. Farewell, my permanent place at JYP Entertainment. Jung Ha Ni, you're such an idiot!

"Ha Ni-ssi...?", someone suddenly said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

Huh? This voice...it was familiar. I slowly opened my eyes.

Oh. My. Gosh.

I rubbed my eyes. Maybe I was dreaming. Nope, he was really standing right in front of me.

"Ha Ni-ssi, so we meet again."

It was really him. Holy moly.

"Long time no see.", he added when I didn't say anything.

"You remember me?", I asked.

He chuckled. "Of course. How could I forget a cute girl with a cute name?"

Wow, he really did remember me! But wait...I was supposed to meet the idols I would be working with at this airport...and he was here right now...did that mean that...

"Wooyoung-ssi, are you one of those artists who'll be going to Japan today?"

"Yes, we were all waiting for you but since you didn't appear and since we also knew that you were born in the States, we assumed that you got lost. Everyone is searching for you right now."

"Oh no, so embarrassing. And that on my first day at work. I will fail my probation period."

He arched an eye brow. "Probation period?"

Oh no. Screw that mouth of mine.

"Oh, it's nothing." I tried to change the subject. "Let's get going. I'm totally hungry. How's the food on the plane? Is it edible? You know, I have a weak stomache. There was once this incident where -"

"Ha Ni-ssi, what's with this probation period?", he interrupted me, totally ignoring my pointless blabber. I remained silent. "Oh. Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be nosy.", he added. He must've my reluctance to talk about this topic.

I was once again mentally kicking myself for letting my tongue slip.

He sighed. "The food on the plane is edible. So don't worry about your weak stomache. But If you don't like it, then you'll have to starve, whether you like it or not."

"So? Then I don't have to worry about gaining weight." I smiled, totally relieved that he decided to drop the topic about my work status.

He chuckled. "Well, unfortunately for you, I prefer chubby women."

"Omo, my world is falling apart. Jang Wooyoung-ssi doesn't think that I'm attractive.", I laughed.

We kept on teasing each other and I was thankful that he didn't pepper me with questions about my probation period anymore. I really wanted to forget about it for a while and enjoy the days in Japan with the idols. After a while we all gathered in front of the boarding gate. Even though I was just laughing a while ago with Wooyoung, now I was starring at the floor because I was ashamed.

"Ha Ni-ssi."

I looked up. Omo, everyone was looking at me. What was up with all these poker faces? Were they all that angry?

The manager spoke again. "You are late."

I blushed. Jung Ha Ni, you Babo, Babo, Babo, BABO!!!

"I'm so sorry, I -" I stopped when everyone suddenly started laughing. What the heck?

Someone touched my shoulder. "Like I said, it's okay.", Wooyoung said softly.

The manager approached me. "Don't worry, Ha Ni-ssi. It was just a joke. We pull it on every new employee. Welcome to our family!"

I was astonished.

One after another, they came to me and hugged me. Wow, people in Korea were really warm-hearted. Being so affectionate towards strangers was new to me. I still felt a bit awkward. But nevertheless, I was grateful that they welcomed me so openly.

"Okay. Everyone, get ready. We have a flight to catch!", the manager announced.

They all gathered together and started moving. I thought that I would be an outsider but that wasn't the case. Some people came to me and started talking with me like I wasn't a stranger to them. Maybe this day wasn't so bad after all. Wooyoung was walking in front of me but once in while, he would turn back and smile at me. I always blushed and that started the teasing of my co-workers.

"Aigo, Ha Ni-ssi, you just arrived and Wooyoung Oppa already has his eyes on you." The hair stylist giggled. Her name was Yoon Eun Mi.

"Yeah, but there's one thing that's suspicious." That was the cosmetician, Park Jin Ae.

"What do you mean?", Eun Mi asked.

I was curious, too.

Jin Ae considered. "Well, Wooyoung is normally totally reserved. For example, when I started working as their cosmetician, he rarely spoke with me. He always carried around a poker face. I only saw him smile when he was working or talking with s."

"Yeah, it was the same with me! Only after working with 2PM for six months did he finally talk with me. I initially thought that he hated me." Eun Mi laughed.

Huh? He didn't seem that reserved to me.

Eun Mi linked arms with. "Ha Ni-ssi, are you and Wooyoung Oppa dating?"

I was taken aback. "What? NO! I only met him once before."

"Hm. Then why is he behaving like that towards you?", Jin Ae asked.

"I - I don't know."

"Jin Ae Eonni, I think that he just finds her cute. Because Ha Ni-ssi is really cute!" Eun mi pinched my cheeks.

"Ow!" I grimaced.

Eun Mi giggled. "I'm sorry, I couldn't help it, you're just too cute!"

Jin Ae laughed.

We continued talking like this. I didn't know why, the whole time I felt someone's glare at my back. But whenever I turned around, I would only see the other stylist, Kyung Mi, talking happily with the 2PM members.

Maybe it was just my imagination.

 

After a while, we arrived on the plane.

"Ha Ni-ssi, I want to sit beside you!" Eun Mi shouted.

I laughed. "Okay."

"Hey, who should I sit with now? Just when someone new arrives, you're suddenly throwing me away.", Jin Ae teased.

Eun Mi pouted. "Eonni, find someone else, I want to sit beside Ha Ni-ssi."

"Do what you want, kid." She laughed and left.

"Ha Ni-ssi, you can take this seat. I'm giving this seat to you as a welcoming present." She pointed at the window seat.

I laughed. "Thank you so much, I'm honored."

I sat down and put my purse at my feet. Eun Mi sat down beside me and started chatting. Eun Mi's character was really refreshing. She was talkative and cute, you just cannot not love her. Then all of a sudden, she stopped talking. When I looked up, I saw her staring at the front rows. A moment later she smiled and stood up.

"I'm sorry, Ha Ni-ssi, but I just remembered that Jin Ae Eonni needs me. Without me, she can't sleep." She winked.

Several rows behind us I heard someone snorting.

Eun Mi grinned. "Bye-yeom!" And then she was gone.

Weird girl.

Whatever. I took out my book and started reading. I really didn't like plane flights. They were always extremely boring. My only options were sleeping or trying to find a way to entertain myself. I decided to read a book.

Suddenly someone was sitting down beside me. I looked up from my book. My heart skipped a beat when I realized who it was.

"Wooyoung-ssi....?"

He smiled. "I hope this seat is not taken...?"

"Nope."

"Good." He smirked and sat down next to me. 

During the whole flight, we didn't talk that much. I still felt a bit awkward around him, especially after what the others told me about him.

Why was he so nice to me and reserved to the others? Did he really like me? Nah, that couldn't be true. Someone like him could have every girl he wanted; someone as plain as me wouldn't catch his attention. Maybe he was just teasing me, the new girl. Yeah, I shouldn't read too much into his actions.

I was slowly getting tired from thinking too much. I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the window. After a while I was feeling uncomfortable. Even though I was half asleep, I still noticed how my head kept falling forward. Then I heard a chuckle beside me. Suddenly a warm hand was gently placed behind my neck. The hand pushed me to the right and I was now leaning against Wooyoung. I was wide awake now but I didn't dare to open my eyes. So I kept on pretending to sleep, while my heart was beating faster with every passing minute. After what felt like an eternity, my weariness took over and I fell asleep.

It was the best sleep I had in a while.