Out Of Breath.

A Heart's Own Mind.

 

Two weeks passed. Two long weeks passed since the incident and Wooyoung didn't get in touch with me. Not even once. It seemed like his decision was final.

I tried hard not to think about him and to concentrate on working but it was difficult. My mind kept swaying back to the moment Wooyoung glared at me and told me to go. And last but not least, the moment I got his text message. But hey, maybe a little break would really help me clear my mind...and maybe I would be able to focus on finding a way to bust Eun Mi. This witch couldn't get away with this. I would do it for me and all the future stylists at JYPE.

But now, I had to focus on another important task first. The Incheon Korean Wave Festival was coming up and 4minute would perform on this concert. It would be held at the Incheon Munhak Olympic Stadium.

Several days before, I chose the outfits for the girls. I wanted them to wear clothes which fit their song and in which they could dance and look charismatic. The theme this time was lilac, black and silver. I still haven't met 'The Oppas' though. They were too busy and I wasn't able to meet them at the Cube Office. Well, I would definitely meet them at the concert. I wondered how they would be like. The girls always praised them but I wanted to make my own impression of them.

We arrived at the Incheon Munhak Olympics Stadium. My co-workers and I, we had to enter through the back entrance, while the girls had to use the main entrance to walk on the red carpetI was able to caught a glimpse at MBLAQ on the red carpet. The boys were all so stunning and their theme seemed to be gold, black and bronze. But Seungho was still the best. My idol would always be the best...aside from...

Just like someone could read my thoughts, I saw 2PM on the red carpet. They were also stunning but what caught my attention - even though I tried to avoid it - was the stunning guy in a blue jacket, who wore black sun glasses. It did hurt to see him again because it reminded me of the rejection two weeks ago. Just when I got the feeling that Wooyoung would turn his head to my direction, I quickly entered through the back entrance. I needed to focus right now. And seeing him wasn't helping.

The girls were really nervous even though it wasn't their first time to perform on stage.

"Ha Ni-ssi, I'm so nervous! Did you see how many people were out there??", Sohyun asked.

"Don't worry, you guys will rock the stage! Let's show them the power of 4minute!", I encouraged them.

Jihyun smiled at me before turning to the girls. "Ha Ni-ssi's right! Let's show them the charismatic power of 4minute! Hwaiting!"

The girls shouted "Hwaiting!" in unison and then they left for the stage.

Worries aside, their stage performance was awesome. They gave a poweful performance and the fans were really excited. When they came back from the stage, I saw them smiling.

"Ha Ni-ssi! Did you see our performance?", Hyuna asked me.

"Yes, I did. I could see everything through the monitor. You guys were great." I smiled.

"The response was so awesome! I'm so happy!", Jiyoon said.

"Just like I said, you guys were great! And now you should drink something and rest.", I told them and led them to the waiting rooms.

"Yeah, let's rest and watch the boys' performance. It's their turn now, right?", Jihyun said.

"Oh, I finally get to see BEAST.", I said and gave them their water bottles.

They sat down and looked at the monitor. I rummaged through my bag to get more bottles when BEAST started singing.

Hm, they did have a nice voice. I hummed along while sorting out the bottles. Wait...these voices sounded familiar! I quickly turned around, just in time to see Yoseob singing the second part of the chorus. What the heck? Yoseob was a member of Beast? Did that mean...oh.

Haha, funny coincidence...not.

"Ha Ni-ssi? Why are staring at the monitor like that?", Jihyun asked me.

Hyuna giggled. "I think she already fell in love with our Oppas."

"I...please excuse me. I have to head out for a while.", I said and headed to the door.

"Ha Ni-ssi, are you not feeling well? What's the matter?", Gayoon asked me.

I smiled slightly. "No, everything is okay. I just...need fresh air. See you guys later."

I slowly walked through the rooms, without knowing where to go. I was under the same record label as Yoseob?? 
How was that even possible? Oh man, fate sure was a funny thing.

"Ha Ni-ssi?"

I turned around, just to find myself in front of Yoseob.
Talking about coincidence.

"Yoseob-ssi."
He looked confused. "You are here? But I thought that you're not 2PM's stylist anymore.....?"

"That's right. I'm not their stylist anymore."
"But how..."

I smiled ruefully. "Well, I'm here with the idols I'm currently working with."

He arched an eye brow. "So? And who...?"

"Ha Ni-ssi!", someone shouted form behind. "You forgot your...oh."
"Hyuna?", Yoseob asked.

"Oh, Yoseob Oppa, annyeong! You're performance was great!" She turned to me. "Ha Ni-ssi, you forgot your phone. It kept ringing."
I took the cell phone from her. "Oh, thank you, Hyuna-ssi."

She smiled at me. "So, I can see that you've already met our Yoseob Oppa. Cute, isn't he?"

"Yah, Hyuna, what are you talking about?" He chuckled.
I blushed.

So embarrassing.

Yoseob suddenly frowned. "Wait...are you 4minute's stylist now?"

"Oh, you didn't know? Let me introduce you both. Yoseob Oppa, this is Jung Ha Ni-ssi. And Ha Ni-ssi, that's Yang Yoseob Oppa. He's in charge of cuteness in BEAST.", Hyuna said.

He chuckled. "Hey, I'm not only cute, you know. And by the way, we've met already. Right, Ha Ni-ssi?"

"Yes."

Hyuna looked confused. "Oh? You did? When? Where?"

"Huh. Looks like you've already found new friends. Don't care about the old ones anymore, do you?", someone suddenly asked from behind.

No. I didn't want to meet him right now.

"Hyung.", Yoseob said.

I clenched my fists and slowly turned around. Wooyoung was standing there, looking at me. He didn't have a pleasant expression.

Shouldn't I be the one who was angry?

To my chagrin, I also saw another person who I didn't want to see right now. This person was standing behind Wooyoung, making a good impersonation of a sheepish little girl.

"Yeah, good to see you, too.", I said cooly.

Hyuna looked confused from one to another and Yoseob just arched an eye brow at us. They felt the sudden change of mood.

"Having a good time, Ha Ni-ssi? Seemed like you've forgotten your old friends very quickly.", Wooyoung said after a while.

Oh? So we were back to formalities?

"What the heck are you talking about?", I snapped. 

I was slowly getting angry. First, he rejected me and now he was accusing me of things I didn't do? Not with me, boy.

"Acting innocent, are we? So tell me, what's with you and her?" He motioned to Eun Mi behind him. "After finding new friends, you suddenly drop her and accuse her of betraying you? And you are calling yourself a friend?", he asked me.

What?

"I think we should go.", Hyuna whispered to Yoseob. I could see that Yoseob was reluctant to leave me alone in such a situation. Hyuna pulled him with more force and they slowly disappeared from our sight.

"So I'm the bad girl now? I'm the one betraying my friends? I'm the one pretending to be a good friend, just to stab my friend in the back at the end? You think that's all me?", I asked him.

"Oppa, please don't talk to Ha Ni Eonni like that.", Eun Mi said quietly to Wooyoung.

That was the last straw.

I exploded. "YOU! Don't ever call me 'Eonni' again! Don't you even dare to speak to me!"

"Ha Ni!"

I winced at the sudden harshness of Wooyoung's voice. He just stared at me. Then he turned to Eun Mi and whispered something to her. After that, she quickly left.

We were alone now.

I didn't know why but we kept staring at each other, without saying anything. The look in his eyes was intense. If I had been the old Ha Ni, the one who was looking at the world through pink glasses, I would've cowered under his stare. But the current me, the one who had enough of all these betrayals and intrigues, had the courage to stare right back at him.

After a while, he sighed. "What's happening, Ha Ni? Why did it turn out like this? I don't even recognize you anymore."

I turned away. "I'm stil me.", I said quietly. I could handle an angry Wooyoung, but a sad Wooyoung, with such a stricken expression, I could not handle.

"No, the Ha Ni I know was a sweet girl, whose family and friends were more important than everything else. The Ha Ni I know, never talked like that about her friends. That's the Ha Ni I know and love. Where is she right now?"

My eyes got teary. "There are so many things you don't know. I'm still the Ha Ni you know but...circumstances turned me into the Ha Ni you see right now. I'm not accusing my so-called friend of anything. I'm speaking the truth. The question is, who do you believe?"

"Then tell me what I don't know. Honestly, I don't get this situation right now. What happened?"

I sighed. "Then will you trust me? Do you promise to listen to my side of the story?"

"I promise. Now tell -"

"Wooyoung-ah! You have to hurry! You're performance's going to start in 10 minutes!", someone suddenly interrupted him.

We turned around to found Jin Ae standing behind us, catching her breath.

"Already? I thought I still had time?", Wooyoung asked.

"No, you have to hurry! Everyone is waiting!"

Wooyoung quickly turned to me and gave me an apologic look before leaving us.

Why won't fate let us settle this matter?

"Ha Ni-ah."

I turned to Jin Ae.

She smiled ruefully. "I've missed you."

I quickly ran to her and hugged her. "I've missed you, too, Eonni."

"We haven't talk for a long time. How are you?"

"I'm okay. The people at Cube are kind and friendly."

"Ah, so you are working at Cube right now. I'm glad, Cube is a good company."

I smiled ruefully. "Yeah, it is."

Jin Ae sighed. "Ha Ni-ah, what's going on between you and Wooyoung?" I remained silent. It was hard to talk about this again. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I'm just worried, that's all. You guys were so sweet, I just don't get why you are so cold to each other right now."

"Eonni, it's difficult."

She patted my head. "Little Ha Ni, whatever it is, I hope you both can work this out. You two are meant for each other, I'm sure." She sighed again. "Lately, Wooyoung has been slacking off. He's constantly getting scolded. His concentration's down, he's sighing wherever he goes and I didn't see him smile for a long time. To be honest, the last time I saw his smile was when he was with you."

Hearing all these things broke my heart. I always thought that Wooyoung forgot me already, that he was relieved to have one burden less to carry. I never imagined that he would be so down.

But that didn't change the fact that he didn't trust me and that he accused me of doing bad things.

"I'm sorry for causing this but a relationship consists of two. I'm not the only one at fault, Eonni."

She smiled ruefully. "I know, Ha Ni, I know. Just promise me to talk with him okay?"

"Yes, I promise."

"Good kid. So! I have to go now. It was nice to talk to you again. Let's meet again when you' re free."

I smiled. "Yes, Eonni, I will call you."

"Good, good. Annyeong, Ha Ni. And don't forget to watch 2PM's performance!" With that she quickly left.

I sat down in front of the monitor and waited for 2PM's performance to start.

Finally, the stage door opened and the boys entered the stage. Their entrance was followed by an explose response from the audience. Even though I wanted to focus on the performace, my attention always turned to Wooyoung. I kept searching for him when he wasn't on the screen and when I saw him, I was sad to see him so tired. It wasn't visible at first sight but I could see that he wasn't as energetic as usual. He didn't jump around that much like in the previous performances. Not only Wooyoung, but all the boys seemed a bit tired. Did they even get enough rest?

"Why are you frowning at the monitor?", someone suddenly asked me.

Startled, I looked away from the monitor to see Seungho beside me.

"Oh, Seungho-ssi. Hi."

He chuckled. "Yeah, it's nice to see you, too, Ha Ni-ssi."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude, I was just taken aback for a moment."

"It's okay. So tell me, why are you frowning at the monitor? Something bothering you? Or should I say 'someone'?"

Huh. So he knew.

I sighed. "It's not what you're thinking, Seungho-ssi. I was just reminded of the hard life of idols after watching 2PM's performance. You guys never get enough rest, do you?"

"Not during promotion. But we do have holidays. Just not that much."

"Do you like being an idol?"

He considered for a while. "Well, to be honest, yes and no. I really love fulfilling my dream and making other people happy with my work but sometimes...I just miss being a normal and ordinary person."

"So it's a balance after all."

He patted my head. "Ha Ni-ssi, don't worry. Once you understand what it means to be an idol, you don't have to worry about anything. By the way. you didn't forget your promise, did you?"

"No. I will try out for the auditions, don't worry. I just don't know which record laber to choose: Cube, JYPE or J.Tune."

"Interesting. You trying out, huh?", someone asked.

I didn't hear Yoseob approaching.

"I...yes, I do.", I said.

"Good, you definitely should.", he said.

Huh? "Why?"

He smirked. "Just trust me. Call it a hunch but I'm sure you'll succeed."

"So? You don't even know my singing skills."

"I'm just saying that you should try out. The choice is yours."

"He's right, Ha Ni-ssi. just try out. Whether you'll walk the path of an idol or not, will be your choice in the end.", Seungho added.

I eyed them suspiciously. "Did you guys agree upon this matter beforehand?"

"No.", they said in unison.

"Don't worry, I'll help you.", Seungho added.

"And when Seungho Hyung is busy, I can try to help you when I'm free and at the office.", Yoseob said.

"No, no, I can't accept these offers. I'll try on my own.", I told them.

"Why? Some participants are taking lessons and getting professional help, why can't you get help from us?", Yoseob asked.

I hesitated. "It's just, you know...you're both idols already...it somehow feels like cheating."

They both looked at me dumbfounded and then they exploded into laughter.

"Uhm, what's so funny? Did I miss a joke?", I asked them.

Seungho kept on chuckling. "Ha Ni-ssi, your naivety can be so adorable sometimes."

Yoseob smiled. "Don't worry, we won't break the rules. Just tell me when you are free and we can find a way to practice."

"Same here.", Seungho added.

"Thank you. I can't tell you guys how grateful I am.", I said.

"Don't mention it. Just promise us to work hard and diligently.", Seungho said.

"Okay, thank you again."

Seungho chuckled. "It's okay. Just please stop saying 'Thank you'." He looked at his watch. "I have to go now. My performance is going to start soon. We well see each other later."

"Goodbye, Seungho-ssi!"

"Bye-yeom, Hyung."

Yoseob also had to go that's why I was left alone once again. And once again, I positioned myself in front of the monitor. MBLAQ's performance started. Their entrance was really cool, with all the light effects and fire works. Their performance was awesome and they got an explosive response from the audience as well. Many were singing along enthusiastically. The performance ended and I returned to 4minute's waiting room.

"Ha Ni-ssi, where were you?", Sohyun pouted.

"I just needed some time for myself."

They all gave me pitiful looks. Seemed like Hyuna told them everything.

"Hey guys, stop looking at me like that. Everything's alright." I smiled. "Let's pack up our stuff and return to the Cube office. You guys have dance practice. Where's your manager by the way? It feels like I'm playing his role!", I said and laughed.

Hyuna linked arms with me. "Ha Ni-ssi, you would be a great manager."

I chuckled. "Thank you, Hyuna-ssi. I'll keep that in mind."

When we returned, the girls headed to their practice. I tidied up the room of the stylists. Omo, why were there so many clothes lying around? 

Suddenly someone knocked at the door. "Yes?", I called.

"Ha Ni-ssi, may I enter? It's me, Yang Yoseob."

"Oh, Yoseob-ssi! Please wait a moment!" I quickly put the clothes aside and rushed to the door. "What do you need?", I asked when I opened the door.

Yoseob looked behind me. "Wow, did the wardrobes explode? I never saw that many clothes on the floor."

"It's just a little chaotic. I will tidy this up in no time."

"A little chaotic? Sure, if you say so." He chuckled. "So, Ha Ni-ssi, are free right now?"

"Why?", I asked suspiciously.

He smirked. "Want to practice dancing?"

"What?? You mean, right now?"

"Yes, I'm free now and one of the practice rooms is available."

I hesitated. "I don't know...I have to tidy this up..."

"Why do you have to clear up someone else's mess? Let the other stylist clear up their own mess and follow me now." He grabbed my hand and led me to one of the practice rooms.

"Yoseob-ssi, I don't know if that's a good idea..."

"Why? Are you chickening out already?"

He was attacking my pride. Clever.

"No, I'm not.", I said.

"Good. Now show me your skills." He the music.

"What?? I can't!"

"I don't want to hear this. Just dance. "

"Easier said than donce...", I mumbled but started dancing anyway. Yoseob watched me for a while, then he suddenly turned off the music. "And?", I asked him.

"You're not bad. Just lacking a bit passion, but we can change this."

Passion again. Why couldn't I be passionate?

Yoseob suddenly approached me. "Ha Ni-ssi, when you dance, you have to show them your confidence. Don't dance like a sheepish little kitten. Be a cat! A proud and confident cat. So, when you do this..." He showed me several moves and stances, and I tried to follow his instructions. "...and don't forget to straighten your back." He put a hand on my shoulder. "Don't slump your shoulders, that will make a timid impression. And your chin." He put a hand under my chin and lifted it. "Don't look at the floor. Look at them. Keep your chin up and show them your confidence. Don't forget that."

I slowly nodded but I couldn't process what he was saying because something was distracting me. I was suddenly aware of his nearness. He was only a few inches away from me.

Ha Ni-ah, what was going on with you? Why was your heart suddenly beating so fast?

Yoseob seemed to notice our closeness, too, I could see it in his eyes. His expression changed from that of a teacher into... I didn't know how to describe it...it seemed like he was seeing me for the first time. Not as Ha Ni the stylist, but as Ha Ni, the girl. But as quickly as this expression appeared, it disappeared and he suddenly let go of me.

I quickly turned away to hide my heated cheeks. I heard him clearing his throat and then he said: "I think it's enough for today. Just don't forget my words, okay? I have to go now."

"Yes."

"I will tell you when to meet the next time. Have a safe trip home, Ha Ni-ssi."

"Goodbye, Yoseob-ssi. Have a safe trip home, too." After that he left.

I was standing in the middle of the room, still trying to calm my heart which was pounding against my chest. What was this feeling? Why was my heart beating so fast? I lightly slapped my cheeks.  Ha Ni-ah, stop thinking such nonsense! It was just because you were out of breath from dancing to much. Nothing more. Yeah, I was just out of breath. The reaction wasn't because of Yoseob. I was just out of breath.

My phone ringed, causing me to jump with shock. Jeez, I almost had a heart attack! Why must this stupid phone ring when I was lost in thoughts? Huh.

 

FROM: Wooyoung Oppa 

Ha Ni-ah, are you free on the day after tomorrow?

Let's meet and continue our talk from today.

 

Yup, I was definitely just out of breath.

 

**************************************************************************

 

A/N:

Annyeong ~

My lovely readers, could you do me a favor please?

My friends and me, we did a United Cube Flashmob on Saturday.

We want United Cube to come to Germany.

Please help us by sharing & liking this video :)

Thank you!