First Lesson.

A Heart's Own Mind.

 

There was a big table in the middle of the room. The sun shone through big windows into the room, brightening the whole place. A person was standing in front of a window, watching the scenery outside. Because of the sunlight, I had to squint my eyes, trying to recognize the person. 

"Uhm....hi.", I said hesitantly.

The person turned around but I still couldn't see anything.

Ah, stupid light.

"Hello, Ha Ni."

Wait...I knew this voice....

I approached the person. When I finally could see him, I couldn't hide my astonishment. "Wooyoung Sunbae?!"

He smiled. "Long time no see."

"Don't tell me...that you are my teacher?"

"Seems like it.", he said and chuckled.

"Okay, cut!"

We both turned to the staff members.

"Good. That was a good scene! Now I want you both to talk about your upcoming schedule together. And it seems like you already know each other but I want you to be more awkward around each other first. You can get closer in the following episodes."

"Uhm, okay.", I said.

"Good. And...action!"

"So...now that I'm your teacher, let's discuss the upcoming schedule."

I tried to act shy. "Uh...okay."

"Let's sit down first.", Wooyoung suggested.

When we both sat down, he pulled out a sheet of paper.

"So, I'm currently preparing for a solo debut. Which means I'll often go to Music Shows, Radio Stations and other variety shows. Our first schedule together will be the Mnet 20's Choice Show."

"The...what?"

"The Mnet 20's Choice Show...don't you know this show?"

"Sure but....I'm really allowed to attend this show?"

He smiled. "Of course. As my student, you have to follow me to this kind of shows."

"Oh my gosh, awesome!", I exclaimed. 

Then I remembered that we were being recorded, that was why I calmed myself down.

"Uhm...Mnet 20's Choice...hm...cool.", I said.

Wooyoung was trying hard to hide his laughter and by the voices I heard from behind me, it seems like the staff members were also trying hard to hide their laughter.

Ah, so embarrassing.

"The show will take place in two days. Let's meet there, okay?", he asked.

"Okay.", I answered.

"Cut!"

I let out a sigh. I never knew that a recording could make me so nervous.

Wooyoung put a hand on my arm. "Don't worry, you were great."

"Well, at least the viewers will have something to laugh about.", I said and sighed.

"Nonsense. It's your first recording, you can still learn a lot."

I smiled. "You really sound like a teacher."

"Well, I have to do my job well. And Seungho Hyung and Yoseob already had the chance to be your teacher, now it's my turn to help you.", he said and smirked. 

"You both can go now, you're done with today's recording. The next recording will be in two days.", the staff member said.

We both left the room. When we passed the waiting room, someone grabbed my arm.

"Hey, don't tell you wanted to leave without saying goodbye, Honey?"

I smiled. "I wouldn't dare, Jay."

"Just finished recording?"

"Yeah. You?"

"Me, too."

"Who's your teacher, by the way?"

"Hyorin Sunbae...I'm more than satisfied with my teacher.", he said and grinned.

I punched him lightly. "Yah, don't be so cheeky!"

"Okay, Mom! And who's your teacher?"

I motioned to Wooyoung, who was still standing beside me. "He is my teacher."

"Oh, I didn't see you earlier. Hello, Sunbae!", Jay said with a smile.

Wooyoung smiled back. "Hey Jay."

"You guys know each other?", I said.

"We met earlier this morning.", Wooyoung explained.

"Ah, I see."

"Honey-ah....you are such a babo.", Jay said and shook his head.

I nudged him. "Hey, no need to be mean, Jay-Jay."

He grimaced and rubbed the spot, where I nudged him. "Yeah, and you didn't need to be so violent." he paused. "Did you just call me 'Jay-Jay'?"

"Why? If you call me 'Honey', why can't I call you 'Jay-Jay'?", I asked.

"Because that sounds stupid."

"Yeah, but 'Honey' sounds even more stupid."

"No, the nickname's brilliant."

"It's not, Babo."

"Don't call me Babo, you Babo."

"I need to go now.", Wooyoung interrupted us.

We both turned to him.

"Ah, sorry, Oppa. I was distracted by Jay-Jay's baboness."

"Hey!"

I ignored him. "I will accompany you to your van, Oppa!"

"No, it's okay. You're probably tired, you should head back to your dorm."

"No, I insist. Come on, let's go.", I said and grabbed Wooyoung's arm.

"Uhm...hello? I'm still here, you know?", Jay said.

"Oh, we'll see each other later on, okay?", I asked.

"Yeah, sure. Just leave me standing here all on my own. I don't mind."

I punched him lightly. "Hey, you talk a lot, you will find other people you can annoy."

"Honey, your violence suppresses your femininity. That's very unprofitable for a future idol, you know?"

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, just be quiet, Babo."

"Ha Ni, I really need to go.", Wooyoung interrupted.

"Ah, sorry, Oppa." I turned to Jay. "See you later, Jay-Jay!"

Before Jay could retort, I quickly grabbed Wooyoung's hand and pulled him towards the entrance. Then we moved towards the basement garage, where the van was waiting for him. When we arrived, I realized that I was still holding his hands. I quickly let go.

"So...there we are.", I said hesitantly.

He smiled. "It was good to see you again, Ha Ni."

I returned the smile. "Same here. How are you doing?"

"The usual."

"Then good care of yourself, okay? I don't want you to collapse because of your schedule."

"I've learned to cope with it. It's what you have to learn in the near future, too."

"As my teacher, it's your duty to teach me all the things now, I guess."

"It'll be my pleasure.", he said and smirked.

His manager gave us an impatient look. I smiled and put a hand on his arm. "Okay, I think you have to go now. Your manager looks a bit ...uneasy."

He turned around to take a look at his manager. "You're right." He turned back. "So...gotta go now."

"Okay. See you in two days, Oppa."

"Yeah."

Awkward silence.

"Good. Bye, Ha Ni.", he said after a while and went into the van.

"Bye.", I mumbled when the van drove away.

 

The next day I went to practice again. 

"Minah, where's Yuri? I didn't see her today.", I asked.

"She's back at the dorm, packing her stuff."

"She's...WHAT??"

"Ah, right! I forgot that you weren't here yesterday. A CEO came and watched us. In the end he picked Yuri for his agency."

"And she accepted? Which company is he from?"

"I don't know. It's not a big company like JYP, YG or SM....just a small one."

"And why did she accept? This sounds really suspicious to me! I mean, Cube is a trustworthy company, so why even consider leaving?"

"You have to ask her yourself."

"So, she's at the dorm right now, right?"

"Wait...you're not really intending to go now, are you?"

"If I don't, then I won't be able to talk to her."

"But what if the coach asks for you?"

"Tell her that I got my period and that I forgot something at the dorm. I'll be right back."

"Okay, but hurry!"

I nodded and rushed off. Outside, I took a cab and drove to the dorm. Fortunately I found Yuri in her room.

"Yuri, what are you doing?"

She startled. Then she turned around. "Oh, it's you Ha Ni. I'm packing my stuff."

"I can see that but why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you leaving Cube for an unknown company?"

"Because I want to."

"Yuri."

She sighed. "Because the CEO promised me that I would debut very soon."

"That sounds very suspicious, you know."

"Can't you understand it? I really love Cube but I would never be able to debut soon. Not with my skills. You and Minah are way better than me. Yes, I even have to admit that Hyomin and her henchmen are very talented. Around you all, I would never be able to debut."

"Yuri...you are talented, why can't you see it?"

"No, Ha Ni. I'm able to judge myself and I'm not talented. Don't tell me otherwise."

"Please don't leave us, Yuri."

She took my hand. "I really don't want to leave you all. But if I ever want to stand on stage with you guys someday, I have to take this opportunity, or else I would only watch you guys become idols one after another, leaving me alone as a trainee."

"I would never let that happen!"

She gave me rueful smile. "What could you do, Ha Ni? Would you really throw away the opportunity to debut just so that I wouldn't be alone? That's stupid and you know it. Don't forget what you promised your Dad, Ha Ni. Don't break this promise because of me."

I tried hard to fight back my tears. "I will miss you."

She hugged me. "I'll miss you, too. But we will see each other again."

"Yes, we will. Call me once in a while, okay?"

"Okay." She looked at the clock. "You skipped practice for me, right? Don't do this again, Ha Ni. Don't endanger your future. Hurry back now!"

I gave her another hug. "Let's fight hard for our dreams. See you later, Yuri."

"See you later, Ha Ni.", she said and smiled.

 

Two days later, the SBS van picked me up from the dorm. They drove me directly to the place where the Mnet 20's Choice would be held. Many people were gathered in front of the place. The van drove to the rear exit into the garage.

"How do you feel right now?", the staff member, who was called Yunhee, asked me.

They didn't let out an opportunity to record me. It was a bit annoying. I bet if I let them, they would also follow me to the toilette. Huh.

"I'm very nervous. It's my first time attending a show like this.", I answered.

Okay, that was a lie. I attended several shows like this when I was a stylist but they didn't need to know this.

"Are you looking forward to your first lesson with Jang Wooyoung-ssi?"

"Of course! I can't wait to learn new things. And I'm really excited for Wooyoung Sunbae's Solo Debut stage!"

I decided that it was better to call Wooyoung 'Sunbae' instead of 'Oppa' when we were recording.

The van stopped and we all entered the place. They kept recording me.

Ah, seriously.

We went into the waiting room. 'Jang Wooyoung' was written on the sheet which was on the door to the waiting room. But it was still empty because Wooyoung wasn't here yet.

"Let's check out the stage first.", Yunhee suggested.

We went outside. The stage was on some kind of pool. It looked really awesome. I could also see some chairs near the main stage. Seems like that were the seats for the celebrities.

"Wow, amazing!", I exclaimed.

"Do you want to stand on a stage like this some day?", Yunhee asked.

"Of course! I want to stand on all kind of stages some day. Every stage is different, it gives away different 'vibes'. I want to experience all of them. That is my dream."

"Do you want to stand on stage with Jang Wooyoung-ssi one day?"

Ooh..tricky question again. I noticed that Yunhee kept asking me tricky question, trying to lure me into a trap.

"Yes, Wooyoung Sunbae is one of the idols I want to stay on stage with. To be honest, I would like to collaborate with all of my Sunbaes one day."

"Oh, you are really greedy.", Yunhee said and smiled.

"To be successful and to be able to fulfill your dreams, you have to be a bit greedy.", I said and smiled back.

Gotcha. I'm not gonna get caught in your traps, dear Yunhee.

"Okay, let's head back to the waiting room, Jang Wooyoung-ssi should be there by now.", she said after a while.

When we went back, we passed several celebrities.

"Oh my gosh! Is that Kim Soohyun?", I asked.

"Yes. Are you a fan of his?"

"Of course! He is such a great actor! I wish I could talk to him."

"I see...wait a minute.", she said and rushed off.

I mentally kicked myself for this short moment of weakness. Why the heck did I fangirl in front of the camera?

I saw Yunhee talking with Kim Soohyun.

Oh no...don't tell me she was going to tell him about my fangirling? Oh my gosh...

They both kept talking. Then he smiled and nodded. 

Ah....I wished I could teleport myself to a place far, far away from here.

Suddenly Yunhee motioned me to come to her. Totally confused and completely nervous because of Kim Soohyun, I approached them. Needless to say, the cameraman followed me. But I didn't care, to be honest. I was about to stand next to Kim Soohyun. Everything else was irrelevant.

"Kim Soohyun-ssi, that is the girl I was talking about. She's the trainee from Cube, Jung Ha Ni.", Yunhee said.

Kim Soohyun smiled at me. "Hello Ha Ni. Nice to meet you."

"Nice...uhm...nice to meet you, too.", I stuttered.

"So you're going to be an idol, yeah?"

"Oh, I...I still have a long way to go."

He put a hand on my shoulder. "Keep fighting for your dream, Ha Ni. One day you'll fulfill it."

I tried hard not to blush.....and failed. "Thank you."

"How about taking a photo together?", Yunhee suggested.

WHAT?!

"It's okay, I -"

"Sure, why not?", Kim Soohyun interrupted me. Then he stood next to me and put a hand on my shoulder, smiling into the camera. 

Oh my gosh....he was so close...

I didn't realize I was holding my breath until I nearly suffocated. When he let go of my shoulder, I was able to breathe again.

"Thank you for taking the time to talk with us.", Yunhee said.

He smiled. "No problem. Okay, I have to go now, it was nice talking to you."

"Same here. And once again, thank you."

He gave us another smile and then he went away. I was staring after him until he disappeared around the corner.

"Did you record everything?", Yunhee asked the cameraman. He nodded. "Good. We really need to go to the waiting room now, Jang Wooyoung-ssi is probably waiting for us.", she said and rushed off.

I quickly followed her. When we arrived there, I saw that she was right. Wooyoung has arrived already, launching on the chair, waiting for us.

"Jang Wooyoung-ssi, sorry that we had to keep you waiting, I know how busy you are.", Yunhee said.

He smiled. "It's okay."

"You still have to go to rehearsal, right?"

"Yes, my turn is in 10 minutes."

"Ah good, so we still made it in time." She turned to me. "Let's go."

Then she rushed off.

Could this girl could stop rushing from one place to another?

Just when I wanted to follow her, a hand on my shoulder held me back. I turned around and was greeted by a dazzling smile.

"Hey."

I smiled back. "Hey."

"You okay?", Wooyoung asked.

"Yeah, why are you asking?"

He put a hand on my cheek. "Because your face is flushed...are you having a fever?"

I blushed even more. I quickly took a step back, out of his reach. 

Why did I feel this way around him? We were just friends after all.

I took a deep breath before answering. "It's really warm today. I think my face is flushed because of the heat."

He smirked. "I see. Well...then let's go."

 

The cameraman was still recording me, even during the rehearsal. When Wooyoung was done, he motioned for me to join him on the stage. Yunhee and the cameraman followed me. 

"Have you ever stood on a stage before?", he asked me.

"No, not really."

"Look around...how does it feel?"

I took a look around. "It's breathtaking."

"Remember this feeling and keep it in your heart. Fight for your dream, so that you can stand on such a stage to feel this sensation again."

"Thank you for this advice, Sunbae.", I said and smiled.

"You're welcome, student.", he said and smiled back.

We kept looking at each other. Then I remembered that we were being recorded. I quickly looked away.

Okay...how was I going to save this situation?

Seems like Wooyoung noticed that we were caught in an awkward situation because he said: "So, that was your first lesson, student. We should head back to the waiting room. Others need to do their rehearsals and I also need to change clothes. Shall we get going?"

"Okay.", I said without hesitation.

 

I was being interviewed again, when Wooyoung changed his clothes.

"Are you close to Jang Wooyoung-ssi?"

I was startled by this question. 

"No, not really....", I lied.

"But you both seem pretty close earlier."

"It's just he such an awesome artist and I really look up to him."

Before Yunhee could ask more tricky questions, Wooyoung came out of the waiting room.

He wore a dark green suit and a black shirt with a golden bow tie.

So stunning.

"Time to go, I guess?", Wooyoung asked Yunhee.

Then he gave me a smirk, showing that he knew exactly which effect he had on me.

I turned away, avoiding his gaze. I didn't need this right now.

"Okay, let's head to the stage. The show's about to start." She turned to me. "I managed to arrange a seat for you in the celebrity section."

I widened my eyes. "What...really?!"

"Yes. You will sit next to Jang Wooyoung-ssi."

Well, then let's go.", Wooyoung said and flashed me a smile.

We all went towards the stage. Wooyoung told us to take our seats first because he had to go to the Blue Carpet. When he rushed off, I went towards the seats. Nobody was here yet. I finally found my seat at the right end of the celebrity section. There was a big screen next to me, so I could watch the Blue Carpet Event. Celebrities arrived with a car, then they went to the screen, so that the media could take photos of them, and then the went to the tiny stage to be interviewed by the MCs. Many fans started to gather around the stage and many gave me suspicious looks, considering that I, a nobody, was sitting at the celebrity section. I forgot them for a moment when I saw Wooyoung on the screen. He was smiling at the reporters, still looking stunning.

What was going on with me? Didn't I have enough problems with the way I felt around Seungho and Yoseob? Wooyoung and me, we were just friends. Yeah. And I only felt this way around him because I also was his fan earlier. I was only fangirling. Nothing more.

The Blue Carpet Event came to an end and all the celebrities slowly gathered at the celebrity section. According to Yunhee, I was sitting near Wooyoung and JYP. What she didn't tell me was that Kim Soohyun was also sitting near me. I couldn't stop staring at him. But then Yunhee brought me back to my senses by nudging me.

"The show's about to start. Please focus your attention on the stage...and not on Kim Soohyun-ssi.", Yunhee whispered and chuckled.

I blushed and turned my attention towards the stage. 

 

It was really fascinating to watch this kind of shows from these seats instead of in front of the Laptop or from behind the stage. Wooyoung kept turning around from his seat to flash me a smile. I returned his smile and focused my attention on the actual show again. Later on, during the middle of the show, Wooyoung stood up and left. 

"Why is he leaving?", I whispered to Yunhee.

"I think it's time for his solo stage."

Excited, I turned back to the stage, waiting for him to appear. Then the band finally started playing. Wooyoung moved along the stage like it belongs to him. He was so charismatic.

"I wish I could be as charismatic as him one day.", I say out loud.

"What do you think of Jang Wooyoung-ssi's performance?", Yunhee asked me.

"It's....fascinating.", I said without taking my eyes from the stage.

I noticed that his backup dancers kept slipping on the floor. Some also fell down. I was really worried for Wooyoung, that was why crossed my fingers for him, praying that he wouldn't slip. It seems like whoever was up there didn't hear my prayers because Wooyoung slipped on the wet floor after the song '2Night'

"Uh oh.", Yunhee whispered. 

I ignored her. Fortunately Wooyoung was able to find his balance again. He just slipped but he didn't fell down. Knowing Wooyoung, I was sure that he would handle this incident with professionalism. And I was right. He acted like he never slipped and continued with his performance. I kept praying that he wouldn't slip again. Fortunately he managed to finish his performance without further accidents. Next to me, JYP was standing, looking concerned. He had jumped up from his seat when Wooyoung slipped.

I tried to re-focus on the stage but I couldn't stop worrying over Wooyoung. Why didn't he return yet?

Unfortunately I couldn't leave the celebrity section to look for him. I had to wait for the end of the show. I sighed and leaned back. JYP also performed. I was kind of disturbed by his pink socks but maybe I just didn't have a fashion sense. 

Kim Soohyun also won several awards. Whenever he came back to his seat after receiving an award, I gave him a thumbs up. He flashed me a smile in return. After what felt like an eternity, the show ended. I quickly stood up and rushed towards the back of the stage, not caring for Yunhee and the cameraman. I quickly checked twitter.

 

@taeccool @0430yes Wooyoung ah it's been hard on you. The floor looked really slippery><

 

@0430yes @taeccool ^^ Indeed... See you soon ㅋㅋ

 

Seemed like he was okay. I didn't need to be worried.

 

@0430yes Today I understood what words "mental breakdown" really mean. Right now I think I'm on the verge of mental breakdown.

 

Okay. I was wrong. 

Totally worried, I quickened my pace. I found Wooyoung in the waiting room. He was sitting on the couch, his face buried in his hands. I let out a relieved sigh. Then I sat down next to him.

"Oppa?"

He didn't look up. "I'm okay. You don't need to worry."

"You don't seem like you're okay."

I felt him stiffen beside me. "Ha Ni. Please leave me alone."

I put a hand on his back and it. He let out a sigh. 

"I'm sorry for disturbing you. I was just worried." I stood up. "Just call me if you need me."

Just when I passed him, he suddenly grabbed my hand. “Please stay.”

I sighed and sat down again. “What's going on with you? First you tell me to leave you alone and then you want me to stay.”

I'm sorry for letting out my frustration on you.”, he said and leaned back.

So you lied to me. You're definitely not okay.”

I'm just disappointed with myself. It'll pass.”

I put an arm around his shoulder and pulled him towards me. He leaned his head on my shoulder.

You did a great job. Everybody makes mistakes.”

I was practicing every single day from morning until late night. And I still made a mistake.”

I his shoulder. “You couldn't know that the stage would be so slippery, Oppa.”

The thing is that I should have known it, Ha Ni.”

Would you please stop criticizing yourself? It's depressing, you know. You're supposed to be my teacher, so tell me, why am I the one sitting here, trying to cheer you up?”

Wooyoung laughed and pulled back. “You're right. I should stop whining. Sorry, student. Won't happen again.”

I really hope so. Or else I need to find myself a new teacher.”

He laughed. “Am I that disposable?”

Hey, gotta be selfish once in a while.”, I said and chuckled.

Then he totally surprised me by pulling me into a hug. Thank you, Ha Ni.”, he whispered into my ear.

I didn't do anything, Oppa.”

He pulled back but his hands were still on my arms. “Ha Ni, I -”

Suddenly the door sprung open and we both pulled away from each other, putting as much space between us as possible.

Yunhee came into the room. “Omo, I'm sorry, I didn't know that you were here.” She eyed us. “Did we disturb you both?”

No, why are asking?”, I exclaimed.

She shrugged. “Just wondering. By the way, we need one last interview, then we can finish today's recording.”

Sure.”, Wooyoung said and scooted away, so that Yunhee could sit between us.

So, Ha Ni...what do you think about today?”

It was a great experience! I really want to be able to attend such a show again...but not as a trainee.”, I said and smiled.

And what do you think about Jang Wooyoung-ssi's Solo stage?”

He was great! Very charismatic!”

She nodded and turned to Wooyoung. “Jang Wooyoung-ssi, are okay? We noticed your small...accident on stage.”

His smile faltered. Woah, such a rude woman! How could she point out this incident in front of the camera?

Just when I wanted to say something, Wooyoung smiled. “The floor was really slippery but hey, at least I could entertain the viewers.”

Yunhee laughed. “Good to see that you take it with humor but I can assure you, your charismatic performance outshines your tiny accident!”

Thank you.”, Wooyoung said and smiled.

Yunhee stood up. “Okay, we're done for today. Shall we take you back to the dorm, Ha Ni?”

Wooyoung stepped in before I could answer. “She can go with us, her dorm's on the way.”

Oh...okay, see you next week.”, she said and left. The cameraman followed her.

Is it really okay for me to drive with you? I can take the bus, you know.”

He arched an eye brow at me. “At this hour?”

I can walk.”

Stop being stupid, Ha Ni. Come on, let's go.”, he said and pushed me towards the door.

Okay, okay! I'll go, so please stop pushing me.”, I said and laughed.

We went into the van and drove to my dorm first. It was a long way and I was really tired, so I fell asleep during the drive. After what felt like a second, I woke up because someone was calling me. I slowly opened my eyes.

Huh? What was my head leaning against?

I slowly sat up. Next to me was Wooyoung, sleeping like a little child. His head was leaning against the window. Seemed like I somehow managed to fall asleep on his shoulder. I also noticed that his jacket was spread over me like a blanket. Did he put it over me when I was sleeping?

We've arrived at your dorm.”, the manager said from the front seat.

Okay.”, I said..

I slowly stood up and put the jacket over Wooyoung. I moved very slowly, afraid that I would wake him up. He really needed this nap, his day was already so strenuous.

While watching his peaceful face, I slowly leaned forward and gave him a kiss on his forehead. When I finally realized what I was actually doing, I quickly pulled back and ran out of the van. I bowed to the manager and then I rushed into the dorm. It was dark and quiet. Seems like everyone went to bed already. I slowly tiptoed into my room. Minjung was lying in her bed and her regular breathing told me that she was sleeping. I put my bag on the floor and slumped down on my bed.

What the heck was I doing? How could I be so stupid? What if the manager saw what I did back there and told Wooyoung?

Wait...why would it be so bad? I was just saying goodbye, right? Okay, he was asleep and didn't even notice what I did but still...it was what friends did between each other, right?

Yeah, right.

 

The next day I attended my usual schedule again, which meant practice, lessons, practice, lessons and once again practice. The other trainees kept asking me questions about the show but I wasn't allowed to tell them the details. Yuri still hasn't called me yet and I got more worried with every passing day.

She's probably just busy preparing for her debut.”, Minah said.

I sighed “I really hope so.”

Now stop worrying over little things or you'll get wrinkles.”, Minah said and nudged me.

So what? Wrinkles are y.”

Yeah, sure. Ha Ni, does your dumbness even have its limits?”

Hey, no need to insult me, okay?”

I was just asking.”

Sure. Let's head back to the others, the coach was already glaring at us.”

We kept practicing until 9pm. I stayed at the office to continue practicing on my own. I still had to catch up to the others. When I finished practicing, it was already midnight. I quickly gathered my stuff to go back to the dorm.

Suddenly I heard music coming out of one of the practice rooms.

Who could it be? I thought I was the only one here right now?

I slowly tiptoed to the practice room. The door was slightly opened, so I was able to peek inside. But I only saw a shadow moving around. Seemed like someone was practicing right now. I should have left but I was too curious, that was why I opened the door and went in.

He was the last person I would have expected to see right now. His passionate dancing...the determination in his eyes....I have missed it. So I just stood there at the door, not saying anything. He didn't even notice me. He kept on dancing. After a while he stopped dancing. He turned off the music and wiped away his sweat with a towel. Only then did he notice me.

Ha Ni? What are you -”

He couldn't finish his sentence because I was already running towards him and pulling him into an embrace. I didn't even know why I did it, my body just moved on its own. I haven't realized how much I've missed him. But I could also feel that he had gotten much thinner.

Then I felt him stiffen. He quickly pulled away.

Oh my gosh! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be intrusive. I was just so happy to see you again.”, I said quickly.

He smiled. “It's okay, you just took me by surprise. How are you doing, Ha Ni?”

Great! I already caught up to the other Trainees and  I got picked for a show!”

A show? Which one?”

It's a new one. It'll be called 'Idol School'.”

'Idol School'? Sounds interesting.”

Yeah, I'm not allowed to tell the details but....Wooyoung Oppa is my Idol teacher!”

He remained silent. 

Ah, that's great. Did you learn a lot yet?”, he said after while.

Yes, it's so exciting! I really wish to stand on a stage one day.”

You definitely will, I'm sure.”

I really hope so. Ah, I'm so selfish, I keep talking about myself. How are you doing, Yoseob-ssi?”

Please drop the honorifics, Ha Ni. I think we know each other long enough now.”

Oh...okay. Then I'm going to call you 'Sunbae' from now on.”

It's an improvement. And to answer your question...I'm doing fine.”

Just by looking at him, I knew that that wasn't the truth. His eyes were bloodshot, he had dark circles and he obviously lost a lot of weight.

You're not doing fine, Sunbae.”

He sighed. “I'm just a bit tired. Nothing more.”

I wanted to retort that there was obviously more but then I decided to keep it to myself. I see. You were doing a World Tour, right?”

Yeah.”

And? How is it? I bet it must be so awesome to travel to all kind of places!”

Yeah, it can be really awesome. One day you'll be able to see new places, too.”

If I'll ever debut, then I really hope to see new places.”

You will debut.”

So you keep saying.”

Because you keep doubting yourself.”

Ah, I've missed arguing with you. I'm so glad that you're back.”

Ha Ni -”

You know, even though I've been complaining about your advices before, I kinda missed them when you weren't here.”, I interrupted him.

Didn't I tell you to talk with your friends or Seungho Hyung when you need help?”

Yeah but my friends don't have the experience you have and Seungho Oppa...he's been really busy lately.”

I see.”

That's why I'm so happy that you are back.”

He smiled ruefully. “You should go back to your dorm, it's late. I'm going now, too.”

Yeah, you're right. I should really go now.” I quickly gathered my stuff. “It was good talking to you again, Sunbae. See you later!”

Bye, Ha Ni.”

I flashed him a smile and then I rushed off.

He was finally back.

 

The next day I told Minah about my encounter with Yoseob.

Aaw, now Yoseob Sunbae is leading again.”, she said and pouted.

Leading what?”, I asked confusedly.

The battle over your heart, of course.”

What the heck?”

I thought that your date with Seungho Sunbae would push him to the top but I have to admit that a happy reunion with Yoseob Sunbae is better.”

You're not talking about this nonsense again, are you?”

If by 'nonsense' you mean your lucky love life, then yes, I'm talking about it again.”

I'm not feeling this way for Seungho Oppa and I'm not feeling this way for Yoseob Sunbae.”

Oh, so now it's 'Sunbae'? You both surely move quickly.”, she said and grinned.

I sighed. “Ah, it's pointless to argue with you.”

Good that you finally accepted the fact.”

What are you guys talking about?”, Sunhee asked.

Yoseob Sunbae. Did you know that BEAST Sunbaes are back from their World Tour?”, Minah asked.

No, their World Tour didn't end yet.”

But Ha Ni saw Yoseob Sunbae yesterday.”

Yeah, they returned for one day. I heard a Cube staff talking to another staff member. BEAST Sunbaes left Korea this morning.”

What?! They already left again??”, I asked outragedly. 

"Yeah. Poor guys, they couldn't even rest properly.", Eunhee said.

I remembered how Yoseob looked like when I saw him last night. It was only a question of time until they would collapse. "I'm so worried.", I said quietly.

"That's the price you have to pay for being an idol. It's what we have to endure later on, too.", Sunhee said.

"Wise words.", Minah said and chuckled.

"Yeah, I'm known for being the smart part of the twins."

"Hey!", Eunhee exclaimed.

We all laughed about the girls' bantering. But my mind kept drifting away because I just couldn't seem to get the pictures of Yoseob out of my head.

Was that really what was awaiting us? Bloodshot eyes, dark circles and extreme weight loss? In the end, was it all really worth it?

 

The next evening, I was the last one to leave again. I gathered all my stuff and went out of the office. Suddenly I heard a voice next to me. It sounded like a whimper. I was curious, so I quickly went down the stairs. The whimper was louder this time. It was very dark, so I wasn't able to see well. Suddenly I saw something moving on the ground next to me. Startled, I took a step back. But then I realized that the whimper came from this shadow. Someone was crying.

"Hello? Do you need help?", I asked hesitantly. The person kept sobbing. "Uhm...do you you need help?", I asked again.

'"Ha Ni....", the person whispered.

I immediately recognized the voice. I quickly knelt down next to her. "Yuri? Is that you?"

"Ha Ni....", she whispered again. 

I quickly stood up. "Yuri, let's move to the stairs, the ground's dirty over here."

Then I pulled her up and dragged her towards the stairs. When we sat down, I put an arm around her shoulder and her arm. She put her head on my shoulder, still crying.

"What happened? Why are you crying?", I asked quietly.

"I'm.....so disgusted of...myself..", she murmured.

"What? Why?"

"He is.....so....disgusting..."

"I don't really understand.."

"I can handle...it...but...he is so disgusting...his hands....", she said and shuddered.

"Who is 'he'?"

"He....the CEO...so disgusting..."

Then it dawned on me. "Does he...does he 'touch' you, Yuri?"

She cried even more. "I can...handle it.....I will...debut soon..."

"No, Yuri, listen, we need to call the police."

"NO!", she screamed and jumped up.

I tried to pull her back down but she shoved my hands away. I sighed. "Yuri, that's ual harassment, you should call the police!"

"Not yet...", she whispered.

I tried to pull her down again and this time she didn't shove away my hands. ""Can't you see what he's doing to you?" 

"I can endure it..."

"Then why are you crying?"

"It's hard....but I can endure it, Ha Ni..."

"I don't think that you should put yourself through this. Just call the police and come back to Cube."

"No, please, don't go to the police. Promise me, Ha Ni!"

"Yuri, I don't -"

"Promise me!", she interrupted me.

"I promise.", I said reluctantly.

"Thank you.", she said quietly.

"Why are you doing this to yourself?"

"Because I have a dream...and I can already touch it, it's so close..."

"Is it really worth it?"

"Yes."

I hugged her. "If you can't endure it anymore, please call me, okay?"

"Okay."

I pulled back. "Do you want to come over to our dorm for this night?"

She smiled ruefully. "No, it's okay. I'll return to my dorm. And you should head back now. It's late."

"Will you really be okay?"

"Yeah. And remember: Don't tell anyone. Don't destroy this for me."

"I'm still not sure if -"

"Do you trust me, Ha Ni?", she interrupted me.

"Of course! But -"

"Then trust me when I say that I can handle it."

"...okay.", I said reluctantly.

Then I turned around and left. I just couldn't stop myself from feeling guilty. I really trusted her but still...I was also sure that she was overestimating her endurance. I wanted to help her so bad but I also didn't want to ruin it for her. Why did it have to be so difficult?

At this time I didn't know that I would regret leaving her like this.

 

*********************************************

A/N:

Heeey ~

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! They were my motivation :>

Please keep commenting ~

Love y'all!

 

PS: I know that there are many typos in this chapter...I was writing until 4am, so please bear with it ^__^

I'll edit this Chapter when I wake up :) Done.