Look at me.

A Heart's Own Mind.

"Eonni, I'm so excited! Tomorrow's going to be an important day!"

I smiled. "Really? And what's this important day, Hyuna?"

She pouted. "You don't know it? Hyunseung Oppa and me, we're going to have our first performance as 'Trouble Maker'."

"Hyuna-ah, don't worry, I was just kidding. I know that it's an important day for you."

"Eonni, you're going to be there, too, right?"

"Sure, I'm your stylist after all."

She smiled. "Thank you. With Eonni at my side, I won't be too nervous tomorrow."

"Don't worry, Hyuna. You're going to rock the stage."

She sighed. "You know, it's just that I'm so uncomfortable with the choreography."

I smiled ruefully. "Yeah, I saw it already. But Hyunseung-ssi is a good guy, don't worry."

"I know that Hyunseung Oppa is a good guy, it's just that it's so awkward to do such a choreography on stage."

"Hyuna, I wish I could help you but I'm just an ordinary stylist. The only thing I can do is to encourage you and give you mental support."

"Eonni, you being there with me is enough. I'm not asking for more."

"Okay, well then...Trouble Maker Fighting!"

She laughed.

"Ha Ni-ah, the staff manager is looking for you.", a co-worker said.

"Thank you, Eonni. I'll go to him."

"Ha Ni Eonni, we'll see each other tomorrow, okay?", Hyuna asked.

"Sure. See you later!", I said and left.

 

I knocked at the door to the office of the staff manager.

"Please enter."

I slowly opened the door. "You were looking for me?"

"Yes, please sit down.", he said and motioned to the chair. I sat down and look expectantly at him. "Ha Ni-ssi, I want to inform you that there's a change of schedule for you."

I listened to him while he explained my new schedule.

Wow, that was going to be interesting.

"Do you understand?", he asked me.

"Yes, I understand."

 

'Ha Ni-ah, it's your first time at an Award Show, right?"

I was looking around the place, still in awe, when Sun Mi, a hair stylist, approached me.

"How did you know, Eonni?", I asked and laughed.

"I saw your expression a while ago. You looked so amazed. I was like that, too. Award Shows are really interesting."

"Eonni, how long have you been their hair stylist?", I asked her.

She considered. "Since their debut."

"Since their debut? So you know them pretty well, right?"

She laughed. "Yes, I know pretty much about them."

Since debut, hm? There was one question I wanted to ask her but I was too shy to ask. So I just dropped it.

"Oh, they're coming. Did you prepare their outfits?"

"Everything's prepared.", I told her.

"Good. We don't have much time left until the beginning of the Red Carpet Event, so we have to hurry."

"Yes."

I could hear them from afar. They were loudly greeting the staff members, bowing to everyone while passing them.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Sun Mi Noona.", they said, while approaching us. I stood behind Sun Mi, that was why they didn't see me at first.

"Annyeong.", Sun Mi said and chuckled. "Hey, didn't you forget to greet someone else? Don't be impolite, guys."

Their eyes widened. "Someone else? Oh, right, we didn't see Mi Ri Noona. Where is she?"

"She's not here today. She can't come due to sickness."

"Really? I hope, she we'll get well soon.", one of them answered.

"But there's someone who will fill in for her. You can come out now."

I chuckled and stepped around Sun Mi. "Annyeonghaseyo."

Everyone was surprised to see me.

"Ha Ni-ssi? You're our stylist today?", Doojoon asked.

"Yes, I am."

"Awesome!", Dongwoon said.

I smiled.

Doojoon, Dongwoon and Kikwang were excited to see me, while the rest of the members looked rather disinterested.

"Okay, we have to hurry. One half of you will go to Sun Mi Eonni to get their hair done and one half will come to me get their outfits.", I told them.

"Yoseob,Dongwoon, Doojoon, you guys come to me first. The rest of you will go to Ha Ni. Let's get started."

I handed everyone of them their outfits. The theme for their Red Carpet outfits was Smoking Style. They all had black jackets, dark gray pants, white shirts (except Junhyung) and bow ties. I helped them getting into their jackets and I adjusted their bows. After that, they went to Sun Mi and the other three came to me.

"Wow, it's the first time having Ha Ni-ssi as our stylist.", Dongwoon said while I adjusted his bow tie.

"I'm not that different from Mi Ri-ssi.", I said and chuckled.

"But Mi Ri Noona didn't celebrate her birthday with us and she didn't have dinner with us at MBLAQ's dorm."

"SHUSH!! Nobody has to know this!", I told him and looked around, hoping that nobody heard him.

He just chuckled.

I sighed and went to Doojoon to help him. He smiled at me the whole time and I smiled back.

After that they both left. I turned around and saw Yoseob still standing in front of the mirror, trying to adjust his bow tie...without success.

I chuckled and leaned against the wall, next to him. "Need a hand?.", I asked.

"No, it's okay, I can do it on my own."

I sighed. "Apparently not. Look, I'm your stylist today, so please let me do my job."

He didn't answer that was why I just stepped closer and adjusted his tie. He didn't move. He just stood still like a statue. I tried to ignore the fact that our faces were just inches apart. This situation somehow reminded me of the incident in the practice room.

No, Ha Ni, stop thinking about this! You are his stylist, so act professional!

I took a deep breath and tried to calm my heart which was pounding again my chest. I just hoped that I wasn't blushing. Then I slowly looked up to see if he has noticed my weird behaviour.

He didn't. He wasn't even looking at me, he was just staring at something at the side.

Hm. Why couldn't I get rid of the feeling that he was acting cold towards me lately?

Yoseob, why are you avoiding me?

"I'm not."

I startled. "What did you say?"

"I said that I'm not avoiding you."

Wait, did I just say it out loud?

Oops.

"Don't lie.", I told him. "You know, I kind of miss the guy who was my vocal coach. He was much kinder than the one standing in front of me  right now." He didn't say anything, that was why I went on. "I don't know what I did wrong or why you're hating me now but could you please stop ignoring me as if I don't exist? You don't have to smile at me but a nice 'Hello' while passing me at the office would've been nice. Or you could at least tell me what I did wrong, so I can apologize. I don't want to be annoying but -"

I startled when he suddenly grabbed my hands which were adjusting his bow. "There's nothing you need to apologize for."

I was too stunned to answer, that was why I was just stared at him. Then he let go of my hands and went past me to the door. Now I was even more confused than before. And his behaviour was annoying me.

"What's with this attitude of yours? Do you have some kind of male PMS? Or do you just like toying around with girls? You know, when I first met you, I thought you were so mature but now I'm pretty sure that I was wrong. Being so kind to me on one day and then ignoring me as if I'm some kind of disease the next day. What's with this childish behaviour of yours? Do you think it's funny? Do you think I'm some kind of toy? Please decide if you're going to be kind or if you're going to continue ignoring me. No, wait, you know what? Let's forget it. I'm tired of this. I'm such a fool for thinking that you would consider me a friend. After all, I'm just a stylist and you're a famous idol. We're worlds apart. Forget what I just said. Just continue to ignore me, I'll get used to it."

Okay, I knew that I was too mean to him and that I was overreacting. But after all I've been through, I was on the verge of exploding. And Yoseob's behaviour was kind of like the last straw. You know, even though a part of me didn't want to admit it but I was also hurt by his cold attitude. I really missed the kind Yoseob.

I quickly went to the door to spare myself more embarrassment. Just when I opened the door, it was closed again. Two hands, on either side of me, were keeping the door shut. I turned around.

Big mistake. Now I was trapped between Yoseob and the door.

Great.

"Uhm, Yoseob-ssi, we have to hurry. The event will start soon.", I said while looking at the ground. Okay, I intended to look at the ground but I was trapped that was why I was kind of staring at his chest.

Well, looking at his chest was still better than looking at his face.

"Ha Ni-ssi."

"Hm?", I answered, still staring at his chest.

"Look at me."

I shook my head. He sighed. Then I felt his hand under my chin, lifting it up, so that I was now looking directly into his eyes.

Oh my gosh, our faces were too close! I blushed and tried to turn away, but his hand under my chin wouldn't let me.

"I don't hate you.", he said quietly.

My heart was pounding against my chest again. I pulled myself together and answered: "You do."

He frowned. "Would you please stop telling me what I feel and think? If I say I don't hate you, then I don't hate you."

"Then why are you ignoring me? What did I do wrong?"

He hesitated. "You did nothing wrong. It's just that I think it's better if we don't get...too close to each other."

Too close? What the heck was he talking about?

He must've noticed my confused expression, that was why he said: "Ha Ni-ssi, it's difficult for me to not...being reminded...when I'm with you."

Huh? Being reminded of what?

"Yoseob-ssi, I don't understand..."

He sighed. "I can't stop thinking -"

He was interrupted by a sudden knock on the door. "Yoseob? Ha Ni-ssi? Are you still in there? We have to hurry!", Doojoon said from the other side of the door. We were looking at each for a moment, then he took a step back. I quickly stepped aside and he opened the door.

"I'm done. I was just having problems with my bow tie.", he said and stepped outside.

I took a deep breath and followed him. I really hoped that I wasn't blushing anymore. "Yeah, Yoseob-ssi is really clumsy when it comes to adjusting bow ties.", I said and chuckled.

"Hyung, how embarrassing!", Dongwoon said and laughed.

"Yah! What are you laughing at? Ha Ni-ssi had to help you, too.", Yoseob retorted.

"Yeah, but I bet you were too stubborn to let her help you, right?"

"Dongwoon-ssi, you know him well. I've never met such a stubborn guy before.", I said and chuckled.

"Okay, I would love to continue talking about Yoseob's stubbornness but we have to hurry. The Red Carpet Event is about to start.", Doojoon said.

The guys gathered to say goodbye. Dongwoon, Doojoon and Kikwang were once again smiling at me while the others continued to look disinterested.

Okay, seemed like we were back to normal. Great.

They left and I looked at Yoseob's retreating figure. Just when I wanted to look away, he suddenly turned around and looked at me. He gave me what could've been called a hint of a smile and then he turned back around.

Oh, so there was a small improvement after all.

 

The Red Carpet Event started. I was inside the Stadium, that was why I was only able to watch the Event on screens. One after another, the idols arrived and they were interviewed by the MAMA hosts. I couldn't stop smiling when I saw Beast and Hyuna. Unfortunately, 2PM and MBLAQ didn't attend MAMA. Beast were interviewed, too. After the reporters were done taking photos of them, they entered the Stadium. I was only able to glance at them before they had to take their places. The Red Carpet Event ended and the main show started. Whenever idols had a performance or whenever winners were announced, the whole stadium cheered. Okay, to be honest, they cheered the whole time. The atmosphere was really great.

Most of the time, I was behind the stage but with the help of the screens, I was able to watch the show. When it was time for Beast and Hyuna to perform, they went backstage to get ready.

"You guys will rock the stage! I can't wait to hear the live performance of the orchestra version of Fiction! Ah, I'm so excited!!", I told them.

"Okay, did our stylist just turn into a fangirl?", Doojoon asked and laughed.

"Uh oh, we have to be careful, maybe that's not really Ha Ni-ssi but a fan in disguise.", Dongwoon said.

I pouted. "Hey, why can't I be your stylist and a fangirl? You guys are really cool."

"Oh my gosh, did we just get a compliment from Ha Ni-ssi? I think I'm going to faint.", Kikwang said.

I pouted even more. "You guys are mean. I take that back, you are so not cool!"

They just laughed even more.

Doojoon put an arm around me. "Don't worry, Ha Ni-ssi, we're really happy that you like Beast."

I gently shoved him away. "Beast? Who is that?You just lost a fan, guys.", I said and chuckled.

"Beast, you have to get ready.", a MAMA-staff said.

"Okay, we have to go now. See you later!", Dongwoon said.

Doojoon and Kikwang smiled at me and then they went to the stage. Junhyung and Hyunseung nodded politely at me before following the others. Yoseob was left. We just looked at each other for a while. I really wished that I could read his expression but he put on a poker face. He wanted to say something but then he just shook his head, nodded at me and went to the stage.

I still didn't understand this guy.

Totally confused, I sat down and watched the performance on screen. Lang, the Pianist, played the beginning of 'Fiction' (Orchestra Version) on the piano and then the lift went up and BEAST appeared on the stage. The audience was cheering loudly! 

After that, the lights went off and BEAST left the stage. Now it was Trouble Maker's turn. The others members went to us to chance their clothes. Okay, they just had to change their jackets.

"You guys were great!!", I told them while helping Dongwoon to put on his jacket.

Jeez, the spikes on the jackets were really dangerous!

"Thank you, Ha Ni-ssi. I hope you'll like the second part of our performance, too!", Doojoon said.

"Definitely!"

They quickly went back to the stage. The audience was suddenly screaming. I looked at the screen and was able to get a glimpse at Hyunseung's and Hyuna's kiss.

Wow, not bad.

After that, BEAST re stage with the normal version of 'Fiction'.

"Eonni!"

Startled, I jumped up, just to see Hyuna running towards me.

"Hyuna."

She stopped and hugged me. "Eonni, did you see the performance? What do you think?"

"You were great, Hyuna! And the kiss was daebak!", I said and smiled.

"Really? Omo, Eonni, you don't know how nervous I was! My heart is still beating so fast! I really hope that the audience liked the performance. But I'm worried because of the kiss..."

I patted her shoulders. "Don't worry, there will be always people who aren't satisfied with what you're doing. Someone once told me that I have to believe in myself and don't let harsh words get to me. I will give you the same advice."

She smiled and hugged me again. "Thank you, Eonni, your support means much to me."

"I'm always here to help.", I said and chuckled. Then I suddenly remembered that I wanted to watch BEAST's performance. "Oh crap! Are they still performing?", I asked and looked at the screen. Yoseob was singing his solo part after the Refrain.

Wow, he looked so stunning while singing. And his voice.

I quickly shook my head.

Focus, Ha Ni, focus!

BEAST finished their performance and returned backstage.

"So, how was the second part of the performance?", Doojoon asked and smirked.

"Awesome, as always.". I said and laughed.

"Yeah, Eonni was totally mesmerized by your performance...especially by Yoseob Oppa's solo.", Hyuna said and chuckled.

Totally shocked, I turned to her. "Hyuna! What are you saying! I was mesmerized by the whole performance!"

Everyone was laughing.

Jeez, so embarrassing!

I quickly glanced at Yoseob. He was staring at the screen but I could see his smirk. Oh noo, Yoseob was probably thinking that I was a crazy fangirl. Great.

I gently nudged Hyuna. "Yah, why did you just told them this? So embarrassing.", I whispered.

"Well, Yoseob Oppa is a little bit clueless when it comes to something like this. I was just helping you. And no, don't deny it, I saw the way you were looking at Oppa.", she said and winked.

"I'm really not feeling this way for Yoseob-ssi."

"Yeah, whatever, if you say so."

"No, I'm serious."

Was I? To be honest, I didn't really know. I couldn't like Yoseob, right? But why was my gut telling me something else?

Ah, so confusing!

"Ha Ni Eonni?"

Startled, I looked at Hyuna. "Yes?"

"I just told you that we have to return to our seats. The Oppas just went to their seats."

"Really? Why didn't they say anything?"

"Uhm, they just told you but it seems like you were lost in thoughts. Thinking of Yoseob Oppa again?", she said and chuckled.

I nudged her again. "Yah, stop saying this!!"

"Sorry, Eonni, but you're just too cute! Anyways, I have to go now. See you later, Eonni!"

"Whatever, just go on. I'll be waiting for you guys here."

I sighed. Why couldn't I get rid of the feeling that this would get a lot more complicated later on?

 

After several hours, the show ended. Everyone went backstage to get ready to leave.

"Tired?", I asked them.

"Just a little bit. And you, Ha Ni-ssi?", Doojoon asked me.

"Hm, no, not really. I was just sitting the whole time. You guys, on the other hand, had to perform, so it's just natural that you are tired. You should take a rest."

"We will. After eating something.", Doojoon said.

"Oh yes, I'm starving!!", Dongwoon said.

"Want to join us, Ha Ni-ssi?", Kikwang said and smiled.

"Uhm, I don't know, I'm not really hungry."

"Ah, that's just because you're still excited because of the show. You'll get hungry very soon. Let's grab something to eat!", Dongwoon said.

"Seriously, guys, I'm not hungry..."

"Just come with us, Ha Ni-ssi."

I was shocked that Hyunseung was talking to me. To be honest, we didn't talk that much. He and Junhyung were always so reserved.

"Uhm, okay.", I said.

"Good.", Hyunseung said and smiled.

What the heck? He was smiling at me?

He should smile more often. His smile made him even more handsome.

"Okay, let's get going! The maknae is hungry!!", Dongwoon said.

 

We went to a restaurant near our hotel. Everyone was chatting happily and when the food arrived, the guys were only focused on eating. I was sitting next to Sun Mi and Hyunseung. While eating, Hyunseung suddenly leaned towards me. "Thank you for being there for Hyuna.", he whispered.

"Oh, don't mention it. I really like her and I don't want her to be sad."

"Me neither. I was really worried when we got our concept for Trouble Maker. Hyuna did get many harsh comments because of 'Change' and 'Bubble Pop', telling her that she's too young to have this kind of concepts. Even though she doesn't seem like it but she's easily affected by such things."

"I'm sure that Hyuna is really happy to have such a caring Oppa.", I said and smiled.

Hyunseung just blushed and continued eating.

Cute.

I looked around to get a glimpse at the other members. That was when I caught Yoseob's stare. He arched an eye brow at me and then continued eating.

Like I said, weird guy.

 

After eating we went back to the hotel. The next day, we stood up early to get ready to fly back to Korea. I was really tired.

"Omo, Ha Ni, didn't you catch any sleep last night? You look so tired.", Sun Mi, my room mate, said.

"I don't know, Eonni. Maybe it's just the exhaustion because of yesterday. I will continue sleeping on the plane."

She still looked worried but didn't say anything else.

 

I slept for 30 minutes on the plane. When I woke up, Yoseob was sitting next to me, instead of Sun Mi.

"Still tired?", he asked me.

"Uhm, no, not anymore."

"Ah, I see."

Awkward silence.

"Ha Ni-ssi?"

"Yes?"

"How were the auditions?"

I hesitated. "Uhm...I'm not quite sure. I did my best. Now I'm just waiting for the phone call."

"Ah, so you passed the first round? That's great. I'm really happy for you."

"Yeah, but it would be better if I could pass the second round, too."

"Don't worry, I'm pretty sure that you passed."

I sighed. "Ah, I wish I could be as confident as you."

"Well, I already see your potential. You're the only who doesn't see it."

"Jeez, you sound just like Seungho Oppa."

"Seungho Oppa?"

"Hm, yeah, Oppa suggested to drop the formalities because we practically know each other since two years."

"Two years?"

"Yeah, it's a long story. To sum it up, we met when I took the J.Tune auditions two years ago. I failed and and cried and Seungho Oppa found me and comforted me. He was also the one who encouraged me to continue chasing after my dreams."

"I see. So, you both are really close?"

"Uhm, yeah, he's really kind and I'm thankful to have him as my Oppa."

"Hm."

"Yoseob-ssi, do you have someone you really care for?"

What the heck? Why did I just ask him? Babo Ha Ni, you should think before talking!

He considered. "I really care for my family. And for my members. To be honest, I care for everyone who's close to me."

"I see."

He hesitated. "Ha Ni-ssi...concerning the incident in the dressing room..."

"Yoseob Hyung!! I want to show you something!", Dongwoon shouted from across the seats.

He sighed. "I'm sorry, let's talk later.", he said and went to Dongwoon.

What did he wanted to talk about? The incident in the dressing room?

Hm, I somehow couldn't get rid of the feeling that the upcoming conversation wouldn't be like I expected it to be.

 

We when we arrived in Seoul, I quickly said goodbye and went home.

"You're home already, dear? How was Singapore?"

"It was great, Dad.", I answered.

"Ah, good. Are you hungry? I couldn't make breakfast because I have to go to work now but there's food in the refrigerator."

"It's okay, Dad. No need to worry, I'll just take a nap and then grab something to eat before going to work."

"Don't overstrain yourself, dear."

"I promise.", I said and went upstairs. Just when I snuggled into my bed, my phone suddenly rang. Totally groggy, I answered the phone. "Yeoboseyo?"

"Jung Ha Ni-ssi?"

"Yes?"

"We want to inform you that you passed the last round of the Auditions. Please come to the Office to sign the contract tomorrow."