Japan.

A Heart's Own Mind.

It was really stressful. 2PM was rushing from one schedule to another, without a proper break. And as one of their personal stylists, I had to rush with them. Every night, I would fall asleep immediately because of exhaustion. Wooyoung and me, we both didn't talk about what happened on the plane. When I woke up on that day, I noticed that his head was leaning against mine. I decided to continue sleeping. When I woke up the next time, he was gone and I was leaning against the window, with a pillow under my head and a blanket spread upon me.

So whenever I was around him, I couldn't stop my heart from beating faster and my face from blushing.

Unfortunately, I wasn't as close with the other 2PM member as with Wooyoung. I didn't know why. Maybe because of the hectic schedule, we couldn't get to know each other properly. Which was a pity. I really did want to get to know the guys better. Oh man. 

My biggest problem though, was that, once in a while, I would notice things missing. For example the clothes for a live performance. A day before, I layed their outfits out but on the next day, some pieces were missing. Needless to say, I was scolded. But I was quite sure that the pieces were still there when I layed them out. I even double-checked the outfits, in case I forgot something. Weird.

One night after a performance, the manager suggested to have dinner in a restaurant.

"We all need rest once in while.", he said.

So we agreed on a shabu shabu restaurant. When we arrived, I noticed that the staff was sitting at one side of the table and that the 2PM members were sitting on the other side. There was one free seat...beside Wooyoung. I hesitated. But when I noticed Kyung Mi walking towards that seat I headed towards the free seat beside the manager.

"Ha Ni-ssi."

I stopped and turned around. Wooyoung smiled and pointed at the chair beside him. I glanced at Kyung Mi. She also stopped when Wooyoung called my name. Then she suddenly turned to me and glared at me.

What the heck?

I just wanted to tell her that she could take that seat when she suddenly spun around and walked towards the chair beside the manager.

Jeez. 

I took the seat beside Wooyoung. But it was really awkward, to be honest. The members were chatting happily and I suddenly felt like an outsider.

"Ha Ni-ssi?"

I looked up. Oh, Nichkhun was talking to me.

I smiled hesitantly. "Yes?"

"It's such a shame that we didn't get to know each other properly." He smiled. "Let's start over. Hello, I'm Nichkhun."

"Our Thai Prince. He may look like an angel but when he gets angry, you should run for shelter.", Wooyoung commented.

I smiled back and nodded. "Nichkhun-ssi, nice to meet you."

"I'm Ok Taecyeon."

Once again, Wooyoung had to give his input. "Our Mr. OkCat who likes to expose himself...a lot. Don't be suprise, he can sleep everywhere and I mean it when I say everywhere."

"My name's Kim junsu."

"Our old man from Daegu. Beware of his sudden accent outbursts."

"Hey, I'm Lee Junho."

"Our emperor who nags like a mother-in-law."

"And my name's Hwang Chansung."

"Our maknae who looks older than the most of us. He's our eating machine."

"And that person beside you is Jang Wooyoung, the hyung who acts like a dongsaeng.", Junho retorted.

"And the one who made 2PM appear ssanti.", Chansung said.

"And the one who uses scissors to cut meat and instant noddle powder as a seasoning.", Taecyeon added.

"And the one who acts cute on broadcast even though he's totally serious in real life.", Junsu said.

"Okay. guys, I think she gets it.", Wooyoung said sighed.

All the members laughed. 

I patted his shoulder. "I think that all those things make you even more appealing."

He smirked. "So? You find me appealing, huh?"

"I - no, I mean -"

"Wooyoung Hyung is flirting again!", Chansung shouted.

"Yah, stop bugging her already, Wooyoung.", Taecyeon teased and put an arm around me. "Can't you see that she likes me more?"

I blushed.

"You see? She blushed. I think that proves it."

Wooyoung smacked him. "Hyung, she is just too polite to tell you that you are invading her privacy."

They kept on teasing each other during the whole time we were in the restaurant. I didn't felt as uncomfortable as before when I was with them. Quite the contrary, I loved hanging out with them. One time, when I was glancing at Kyung Mi, I saw her glaring at me.

I never saw so much hatred in one person's eyes.

 

Three weeks passed and it was already our last week in Japan.

Even though the stay was exhausting, I couldn't help but feel sad while thinking about our departure at the end of this week. I really enjoyed my time here. Japan was a wonderful country and the 2PM members and the staff members were really nice to me. Another thing that was bothering me was my probation period. It would end after this week. Did I make it? I wasn't that sure. Even though I gave it my all, I still made mistakes. Missing clothes or accessoires, holes in the clothes or wrong outfit combinations. But you know what was weird? I was sure that I didn't made these mistakes. After the first incidents, I started staying up late just to check the outfits for several times. But when I woke up the next day, there was always something wrong with them.

What was going on?

"Ha Ni Eonni, I know that you stay up late to check those outfits but why are there still mistakes?", Eun mi asked me one day.

"I don't know. I checked those outfits several times before going to sleep. But the next morning there are suddenly things missing or something's wrong. I just don't get it."

"You know what's weird? All these things happened before...with the stylists before you.", said a voice behind.

I turned around. "Ah, Jin Ae Eonni, please stop this! Everytime you do this, you scare me to death!" I laughed.

Jin Ae smiled. "Oh, I'm sorry. Won't happen again." Her smile disappeared. "But back to the topic: The stylists before you had to face the same problems. I was good close with some of them and I was often with them when they checked the outfits. But every morning there would always be something missing. Needless to say, the stylists were scolded. I told the manager that I was with them when they checked the clothes and that nothing was missing at that time but they didn't believe me because they knew that I was close with the stylists. So, in the end, they were all fired."

"And Kyung Mi?", I asked.

They both looked confused. "What's with her?"

I frowned. "She's also a stylists, isn't she? So why do you need new stylists when you have Kyung Mi? Isn't one stylist enough for the boys?"

Eun Mi remained silent.

Jin Ae hesitated. "Well, you know, Kyung Mi's a special case. She's one of our bosses' daughter. She's lacking a lot but she's getting special treatment."

"What? That's totally unfair!" I was apalled.

Eun Mi's face was horror-stricken. "SHUSH! Eonni, don't talk too loud! You shouldn't get on the bad side of Kyung Mi. She just needs to talk to her Dad and you can easily lose your job. It happened before."

"Yeah, Eun Mi and me, we both know that it was Kyung Mi who did that to the other stylists. But nobody would believe us. She's sweet to everyone except us. So don't try to get on Kyung Mi's bad side if you want to stay with us."

I sighed. "I think that's too late. "

They both looked at me with wide eyes. "What? Why?"

"Well, seeing how those incidents already started to happen, I'm sure that she doesn't want me here. And there was some time I caught her glaring at me. So it seems like I'm already on her bad side."

Eun Mi linked arms with me. "Eonni, I don't want you to leave us!" She whined.

"Yeah, it would be a great loss if you have to leave us, Ha Ni-ah.", said Jin Ae and patted my head.

I tried to smile. "Don't worry, I'll find a solution."

Jin Ae sighed. "I hope it. I really hope you will."

 

******************************************************************************

A/N:

While typing, I decided to release another Chapter before releasing the Birthday Special, because it would have been too long :>

So, the next Chapter will surely be the Birthday Special called "The Past, The Present and The Future."

You may anticipate!

 

PS: Thank you to the new subscriber for starting to read this story and thank you to the other subscribers for staying with me.

Please keep on commenting! :D

I Love y'all!