Starting Shot.

A Heart's Own Mind.

"You are too stiff on this part! Don't forget, you have to be energetic! Be passionate!", Seungho directed. I followed his instructions. "You are off-beat! Do it again! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8! That's the beat, follow it!"

After dancing for 2 hours, I slumped down on the floor. I was so exhausted, every single muscle was aching.

"Okay, enough for today. You did well, Ha Ni-ssi."

I was still out of breath. "I don't...think...that...I will be...able...to...move anymore..."

Seungho laughed. "Don't exaggerate. How do you want to bear being a trainee if something like this is already driving you to your limits?"

"I'm asking myself this question every day...", I muttered.

Seungho arched an eye brow. "Pardon?"

"I just said that I will always try my best, no matter how hard it may seem."

"That's what I wanted to hear.", he said and chuckled.

I wished I could believe my words. It would be really hard. Was I ready for it? To be honest, I wasn't sure anymore.

Seungho sat down next to me and handed me a bottle of water. "It may be hard but as long as you love what you're doing, it'll be okay. So, don't worry."

I sighed. "I know, Seungho-ssi. But I just can't help the doubts which are haunting me every day. But well, everyone has doubts once in a while, I'll get over it, I guess.", I said and smiled.

He put his hand under my chin and turned my face to him. I didn't notice that he came closer. That's why I was a bit startled when I noticed that our faces were only a few inches apart. He looked directly into my eyes. I got embarrassed and tried to turn away but his hand under my chin wouldn't let me.

"Ha Ni-ssi, you're one of the strongest and most hard-working person I've ever met. Why can't you see it? What do I have to do to make you realize your potential? What does it take for you to believe in yourself and be confident? Tell me."

"I think you're mistaking me for someone else."

"Ha Ni-ssi." Uh oh, I didn't like this tone. It was his dangerous Leader- tone.

I sighed and gently put his hand away from my chin. "Being too confident and than failing...I'm not making the same mistake again, Seungho-ssi. I've learned to be careful, ever since two years ago. Better safe than sorry."

He didn't say anything. He just kept on looking at me. Then he stood up and and gathered his stuff.

"Uhm, Seungho-ssi? What are you doing...?"

He gave me my bag. "Let's go for a walk. There's something I want to show you."

"What? Wait, what -" I stopped asking because Seungho already left the room.

Oh, well.

 

"Will you please tell me where we're going to?", I asked when he still wouldn't tell me anything.

"Patience, Ha Ni-ssi. You'll see in a while.", he said without looking back.

I was slightly annoyed. Yeah, yeah, patience was a virtue, blah blah blah. Whatever. "Seungho-ssi, seriously..ouch!" I hit my nose on Seungho's back because he stopped abruptly.

"We've arrived.", he announced.

I forgot my aching nose for a while and looked around. It was just an ordinary park, nothing special. What did he want to show me? The green trees? The deserted playground? The...wait. This place seemed familiar...

"Do you remember?", he asked me while smirking.

I frowned. What was I supposed to remember? I looked around again. Then it finally began to dawn on me. "It's the place where we met for the first time, right?"

He smiled. "Finally. I was wondering why it took you so long to remember. So, tell me...on this bench...what, do you think, did I see back then?"

"Uhm, me?"

"Well, I saw a sad girl, who was on the verge of giving up her dream."

"Ah right, so the guardian angel Yang Seungho-ssi came to save a damsel in distress, huh?"

"Exactly. And do you remember what I told you when I was leaving?"

"Well, you definitely didn't tell me your name even though I was shouting at you.", I said and chuckled.

"Well, yeah, aside from that I mean.", he said and smirked.

"Hmm..."

Farewell, little bud. I can't wait for the time when you'll turn into a full-bloomed flower, who will outshine everything...and everyone.

"You called me a little bud - which is a weird nickname by the way - and told me that you couldn't wait for the time when I would turn into a full-bloomed flower, who would outshine everything and everyone. To be honest, I still don't get what you really meant.."

"Don't you think it's finally time for the little bud to bloom? It has been hiding his full-bloomed beauty from the world for too long."

"Seungho-ssi, what are you talking about?"

He sighed and grabbed my hand while leading me to the bench. He then motioned me to sit down. "You know what I'm talking about, so stop denying it."

"Hey, I -"

He put his finger on my lips to silence me. I was too stunned to protest. "What I want you to do now is to say that you believe in your singing and dancing skills and that you're going to pass the auditions. Say it."

"I don't think that's -"

"Ha Ni-ssi, I want you to say it."

Leader tone again. Jeez.

I sighed. "Okay, okay. But I'm only doing this, so that you'll stop bothering me."

He smirked. "Fine with me."

"I..uhm...believe in my singing...and dancing skills...and I'm going to...uhm..pass the auditions...", I mumbled.

"Pardon? I didn't hear anything."

"I believe in my singing and dancing skills and I'm...uhm...going to pass the auditions. Satisfied?", I said a bit louder.

"I'm sorry but I still didn't hear anything."

I was annoyed. "I BELIEVE IN MY SINGING AND DANCING SKILLS AND I'M GOING TO PASS THE AUDITIONS!", I shouted.

Seungho just chuckled.

Oh, he thought that it was funny, huh?

Still out of breath, I added: "Are you finally satisfied, oh almighty teacher?"

"Yeah, I am, to be honest."

I rolled my eyes.

He patted my head. "As long as you never stop believing in yourself and as long as you love singing and dancing, you'll always be able to fulfill your dream, little flower."

I blushed after hearing the nickname. "Like I said, I promise to try my best and to give it my all."

He smiled. After patting my head one more time, he stood up. "Well, after doing my deeds as a guardian angel, I need to return to my main job as an idol. I have to go now, schedule is calling."

"Oh, okay, Seungho-ssi, I -"

I couldn't finish my sentence because I was startled by Seungho's finger under my chin.

Jeez, why was he so close?

He gently lifted my chin and smiled. "Don't you think that it's finally time to drop the formalities? Considering the fact that we actually know each other for two years now."

"I...uhm...sure...if it's okay with you, Seungho-ssi - I mean Seungho...Oppa..."

Okay, that was awkward.

Seungho chuckled. "See? It wasn't that difficult, was it?" I nodded hesitantly. He smirked and stepped back to pick up his bag. "I have to go now. Good luck for tomorrow, Ha Ni."

"Uhm, yeah, thank you, Seungho-ssi."

He arched an eye brow at me.

Oh snap. Right.

"I mean 'Seungho Oppa'!", I said quickly.

He smirked again and then he turned around and left. I sighed and plumped down on the bench.

Seungho was a good teacher, even though he was very strict. But maybe that was what I needed right now. He always told me to believe in myself and I had to admit that my doubts were really gone. I was more confident now. Some weeks ago, I always felt uncomfortable while dancing. I thought that I looked stiff and clumsy and all those thoughts really made me stiff and clumsy. But because of Seungho, I could say, that my dancing skills did improve. I didn't know if it would be enough but there wasn't anything else I could do than practicing and hoping that I could convince the judges.

Well, and my singing skills...I had been taking lessons with GO for a while now. He was a really good teacher, too. His voice is amazing and he was really patient with me. But...I couldn't help but miss the lessons with Yoseob. I loved singing, but his voice always motivated me to do my best. I didn't know how to explain this properly...it was like his voice was a drug which helped me to overcome my doubts and fear. Okay, that sounded weird...but that was just the way it was.

He didn't contacted me either. I know, he was busy but I couldn't get rid of the feeling that he was avoiding me. Every time I saw BEAST at the office, they would happily greet me but Yoseob would just nod and walk away, without looking at me.

Did I do anything wrong? Or why was he so reserved?

The wind blew and I shivered. Oh great, I should have taken a jacket with me. It wasn't that good to catch a cold one day before the auditions.

"Did you forget your jacket again? That's so typical of you, Ha Ni.", someone said and chuckled.

Startled, I jumped up and quickly turned around. Oh. I had to admit that I didn't expect to see him. "Wooyoung Oppa."

He just smirked and came around the bench to sit down. I felt weird being the only one standing, that's why I sat down, too. I glanced at him. He was leaning back while staring at the sky. While looking at him, I suddenly realized that I've missed him. I missed being with him, seeing his smile and lingering in his warm embrace. I missed the warm feeling, which spread through my body when we kissed.

Kissing.

Soft lips.

Yoseob.

I blushed and quickly shook my head to get rid of those thoughts.

"Ha Ni, everything okay?"

I paused. Uh oh. Did he see what I just did? I quickly pulled myself together. "Yes, everything's alright."

"But why is your face so red?" He put a hand on my forehead. "Gosh, your face is burning! Did you catch a cold?" He took off his jacket and put it around my shoulders. "Ha Ni, you should really take care of yourself."

I couldn't tell him why my face was red. Oh yeah, Wooyoung Oppa, I didn't catch a cold. I was just blushing because I remembered the moment I kissed Yoseob while he was sleeping. Sure. Wooyoung would immediately think that I was crazy. No, thanks.

That's why I just agreed. "Yeah, maybe I should."

"Seriously, or do you want to get sick one day before the auditions?"

"I know but -" I paused. "How do you know that I want to participate?"

He smirked. "Let's say that a little birdie told me. A little one with a very loud voice."

Huh?

He must have seen the confusion on my face, that was why he added: "Ha Ni, you're were shouting this information a while ago. I think that, right now, everyone in Seoul knows that you'll participate."

Oh. Oops.

"Ah, good to see that you haven't change after all.", he said and chuckled.

"Well, I can say the same about you. You still enjoy mocking me."

"Yeah, I do. I've missed it."

"Hmm."

Okay, awkward.

"Soo, where do you want to participate? The JYP Auditions, or the ones at Cube or J.Tune?", he asked after a while.

"I think I will choose Cube."

"No surprise, huh."

"Pardon?"

"Oh, nothing. So, may I know the reasons for your choice?"

"I don't know, I just feel comfortable with Cube. Everyone is so nice and the atmosphere is familiar."

"I see."

Awkward silence.

"So what have you been up to, Oppa?"

"Nothing special. Schedule here and schedule there. Everything is the same."

"Ah, I see."

Awkward silence.

"And you? Did you practice for the auditions?"

"Yeah, I did. A lot, to be honest. Seungho Oppa and Yoseob-ssi are strict teachers."

"Seungho Hyung and Yoseob are teaching you?"

"Uhm, yeah. Well, not exactly. Right now, GO-ssi is teaching me, because Yoseob-ssi is too busy."

"Why didn't you ask me? I would've helped you, too."

"Uhm...well, you know...I couldn't...because of the whole 'We need time' - thingy, so I assumed that we needed...distance from each other. And you were busy, like you said earlier."

"But I would've helped you nevertheless."

I sighed. "I'm sorry for not asking you. But you have to understand my reasons, too. I just didn't want to be a burden to you, not with your full schedule and so on."

Now it was his turn to sigh. "When will you ever understand that you'll never be a burden to me, Ha Ni?"

"When I can believe that you're not just saying this to be polite."

He smirked. "So you're saying that I'm lying right now?"

I smiled. "Uhm, no. Well, maybe yes."

"I can assure you that I'm being honest with you."

"Oh, okay."

Awkward silence.

He sighed. "Why is i so awkward between us all of a sudden? I can't stand this."

"I don't know, Oppa."

"Well, time to change this, don't you think? Want to grab lunch tomorrow? My schedule ends after 12am."

"Uhm...okay."

He stood up. "Great. I'll text you later, I have to leave now. Bye, Ha Ni."

"Bye, Oppa."

Okay, what have I gotten myself into? But hey, we're friends now, it would be just a meeting between friends, right?

Just friends, nothing more.

Yeah.

 

 

The next day.

"HAAAAAA NIIIIIII!!!", someone screamed, waking me up. I groaned and pulled the blanket over my head. Gosh, why was she making such a ruckus in the morning? "HA NI! STAND UP OR YOU'LL BE LATE!!!"

Late? Late for what? I wasn't working today.

Someone stepped into my room. "Gosh! Ha Ni! Why are you still lying in bed?! You'll be late!"

I peeked out of my blanket to see Yuri standing next to my bed. "Yuri, I'm not working today. Let me sleep, I'm so tired. All the practices made me groggy. Seungho Oppa wouldn't let me rest, telling me that the auditions are near and..." I froze when I finally remembered which day it was. "OH SNAP!!!" I immediately jumped put of bed. "Why didn't you wake me up?!"

"Duh, I was trying to do this the whole morning. But little princess just wouldn't wake up.", she said and chuckled.

I rushed to the bathroom, put on my clothes, gathered my stuff and quickly ate something.

"Hey, don't rush, you still have time.", Yuri said.

"No! When it comes to auditions, you shouldn't be early, you have to be early early."

"You know that you're talking nonsense right now, don't you?"

"I can't hear you, I have to hurry."

She just laughed. I quickly finished breakfast and got ready to leave.

"Good luck, Ha Ni! Well, to be honest, you don't really need it. You'll impress the judges, for sure!"

I smiled. "Thank you, Yuri."

"Fighing!"

"Fighting!", I said and left.

 

It was finally time. All the lessons with Seungho, Yoseob and GO...we would finally see if I could make it. Would I fail or would this be the starting shot for a new chapter in my life?

Only time will time.

Ready. Set. Go.

 

***************************************************************

 

A/N:

Hey, my dear readers!

I'm so sorry for updating so late but I just didn't have the time to write more chapters.

And the JYJ Concert was also distractng me, to be honest xD

The concert was so amazing, I really wsh I could turn back time, just to relive the whole concert all over again *.*

But back to the topic keke

Now I'll focus on this story again, I promise :)

Thank you for staying with me!

Love y'all