Those who care.

A Heart's Own Mind.

The next morning I refused to leave my bed.

Oh, Ha Ni, come on. You can't skip practice! Not now, when you're a candidate for the upcoming girl group.”, Minah complained when her attempts to get me out of bed failed.

Tell the coach that I'm not feeling well.”

It wasn't a lie after all. I really felt like crap.

Ha Ni, what the heck is going on? It's not like you to act this way.”

I told you, I'm not feeling well.”

You want me to call our supervisor?”

No, thanks. I just need to rest.”

I don't think the coach will believe me. And Barbie Hyomin won't hesitate to talk bad about you to the coach.”

I don't care what that hag does.”

Minah sighed. “I can see that you have been crying, Ha Ni. Your eyes are puffy and red. Why don't you tell me the real reason for your current attitude?”

I don't want to talk about this.”

Oh, whatever.”, she said and stood up. “Do what you want.” She slammed the door when she left the room.

I snuggled back into my bed. After yesterday, I wasn't in the mood to put up with the coach' constant nagging and Hyomin's ing. Yeah, I knew that I sounded like a spoiled brat. But try to put yourself into my shoes. All those years I have been mourning my Mom and after my Dad's death, I felt like I was all alone, an orphan, the only person who was left of my family. Then I have been told that my Mom was alive after all, causing me to finally be able to hope again, just to be crushed by the truth that the Mom from my past turned into a hateful woman who didn't see herself as my Mom anymore.

Yeah, it really to be me.

The ringing of my phone pulled me out of my thoughts. I glanced at the screen. Seungho. I groaned inwardly. His Zen Lesson's were the last thing I needed right now.

I pushed my phone from my bed and buried my head under the pillow. Just when I wanted to let out a relieved sigh after hearing the welcoming silence, the door opened with a loud bang and someone jumped into my bed, right on top of me. I screamed and I tried to escape but the person was too strong. When I heard a very familiar chuckle, I froze.

Jay, what the heck?”, I exclaimed after throwing the pillow away. “Why are you -” I trailed off when I saw him leaning against the door frame. So if he was standing there, then who was on top of me?

Hey Ha Ni, trying to skip practice, huh? Oh, you bad girl, you.”, Trish drawled.

I sat up abruptly, causing her to fall back. “Are you guys crazy?”

For your information, that really hurt.”, she whined and rubbed the back of her head.

After realizing that I wouldn't get an answer from her, I turned my glare at Jay.

He just shrugged. “I wanted to be the one jumping into your bed but Trish threatened to neuter me if I did that.”

Yeah, and that would be the least painful part of your punishment.”, she added.

Hmm, so fierce. You know how to , baby.”

Eww, gross. Would you two take a room, please?”, I asked.

Jay grinned. “Well, I kinda like this room. What do you think, Trishie-baby?”

Just shut up, babo.”, she said and rolled her eyes. “We're on a mission, remember?”

This perked me up. “What mission?”

Just get dressed. You'll know soon enough.”, she said.

Wait. So you guys come barging into my room – I don't even want to know how you guys managed to enter the dorm without a key – and then expect me to follow you guys anywhere without asking? Seriously?”

Or we could spend the day with cuddling in bed if that's what you...oof!” The last part of his sentence was cut off by the pillow that Trish threw at him.

What that babo over there wanted to say was that you'll like our surprise. So go and get dressed already, babo junior.”, she said and stood up.

Guys, I'm really not in the mood for this.”

Don't try to escape, Ha Ni, or I'll put Jay into this room to guard you while you're getting dressed.”

I shuddered. “You're really scary, Trish.”

Well, thank you.”

He frowned. “Why do I have the feeling that I should be offended?”

Okay, okay, I will get ready. But you guys will regret this.”, I sighed.

Trish grinned. “You will love us for this, I promise.”


 

Seriously? An amusement park?”

After half an hour of dodging my questions while we were on the way, we finally arrived at our destination: a friggin' amusement. They really pulled me out of my bed to drag me to an amusement park!

I love amusement parks!”, Trish gushed.

I crossed my arms. “I still don't understand why we're here.”

Since when are you so boring? Let's have fun!”

Don't you guys have practice today?”

She mimicked my stance. “Don't you have practice today?”

Touché.”, I sighed. “So, what do we do first?”

Many rides later, we ended up in a cafe near the amusement park. After finishing our meal, Jay left us for a moment to visit the restroom.

So...what's up with you two, huh?”, I asked Trish.

What do you mean?”

Do you seriously think that I didn't see those glances you both threw each other once in a while? So, tell me already!”

Yeah, well....we're...uh....dating....kind of.”

I jumped up from my chair. “Ha! I knew it! So you guys finally had the balls to admit it to each other?”

Shush, not so loud! And sit down already, you're embarrassing us.”

Finally noticing that everyone was staring at us, I sat down. “My apologies. And now spill the beans!”

We kinda got together on the last day of the MT.”

Oh really? So, is this the part where I say 'I told you so'?”, I grinned.

She rolled her eyes. “Yeah, you were right. Whatever.”

And? How is he as a boyfriend? I mean, I can see that he's still a womanizer.”

Yeah, I don't think that this will change anytime soon. But that's how he is. And as long as I'm the only one in his heart, I can accept it.”

Aaww, you guys are so sweet.”

Oh, I'm sweet? Well, thank you, Honey.”, Jay said when he appeared all of a sudden.

You should stop being such a womanizer, Jay-Jay.”, I retorted.

He grinned. “You know you're the only one for me, Honey.”

May I puke?”, I said and laughed while Trish punched him. And I couldn't help but smile when I saw him grabbing her wrist and gently kissing her fingers, causing her to blush and pull away her hand.

Hey Ha Ni, are you up for an adventure?”, Trish asked me suddenly.

What kind of adventure?”

Jay, who was now hugging Trish to him, grinned. “Don't worry, you'll like it.”

You guys are being weird right now, you know.”, I pointed out.

They should be here in a minute.”, Trish said, obviously ignoring me.

Jay was looking at something behind me for a while. Then he smiled all of a sudden. “Ah, right on time.”

Confused, I turned around. It took me a moment to spot two people coming towards us. When they came closer, I realized that it was a guy, whose face was hidden under a cap, and a girl, who I didn't know.

Who were they? And what do they have to do with my so-called 'adventure'? Maybe they were some trainee friends of Trish and Jay?

Hey Sunbae, nice to see you on such a wonderful day!”, Trish gushed.

Huh? Sunbae?

Trish. Jay. It's good to see you again.”, the guy said with a deep voice. Hm, he sounded familiar. Suddenly he turned to me. The sunlight was hindering my sight but I was sure that he was smiling. “Hello Ha Ni.”

I squinted at him. How the heck did he know who I was?

Jay stood up and pulled two more chairs to our table. The guy sat down next to me, which earned him an annoyed look from the girl. After a moment, the girl took the chair next to him and Jay.

Without the sun blocking my view anymore, I glanced curiously at him, just to find him smirking at me.

Seungho Oppa?!”

Jay sighed. “Took you long enough, slow poke.”

How am I supposed to recognize him with this disguise?”

He's just wearing a cap, not a mask.”

Which hid his face very well, babo.” I crossed my arms. “And the sun was blinding me.”

Of course.”, he said and rolled his eyes.

Oh, just shut up.”

Guys, I think we're missing the point here.”, Trish said and punched him.

Ouch! Why did you hit me? I was right!”

Shush, babo!” Then she turned to me. “Seungho Sunbae offered to take you on an adventure.”

It's more like a trip than an adventure, to be honest.”, Seungho intervened.

Sunbae, shush! Ha Ni, so they both are going to distract you from whatever that's bothering you right now.”

They? Oh, right. She must've been talking about that girl.

Ah, right, my bad.”, he said and smiled. “Ha Ni, let me introduce to you Shin Minkyung.”

The girl gave me a faint smile. “Hi, Ha Ni-ssi. I've heard a lot about you.”

Hey, nice to meet you.”

Okay, Jay and me, we have somewhere else to be. So, you guys have fun, yeah?”, Trish said and stood up.

Wait, wait....are you serious?”, I whispered.

She rolled her eyes, “Uhm, it's not like I'm leaving you with strangers. I mean, you told me yourself that he's a very close Oppa. Duh.”

What are you guys whispering about?”, Jay asked.

Nothing.”, she said and grabbed his hand. “Gotta go now. Have fun, guys!”

Then they were gone. I was well aware of the fact that I was left alone with Seungho, a stranger and the promise of a 'great adventure'. This sounded totally like the plot of a cheap horror movie. Well, great. Now I needed to think of a good excuse to escape this situation. I mean, it's not like I didn't enjoy hanging out with Seungho, quite the contrary, but like I said many times before, I was just not in the mood for this.

So...”, I started when I turned around. But then I glanced at the stranger again and fell silent. I still didn't understand why, but ever since she appeared with Seungho, she has been looking at me in a weird way. She wasn't glaring but she didn't look at me in a friendly way either. It was like....she was analyzing me. Man, creepy to the max.

Ready to go?”, Seungho asked.

I'm not sure if I'm up for this, Oppa.”, I said hesitantly.

Ah, I see.” He smirked. “Well, I totally understand.”

I frowned. “You do?”

Of course. I can understand if you're too scared to face an adventure. Not everyone's born to be a brave person.”

Excuse me? Did you just call me a scaredy-cat?”

It's okay, Ha Ni. No need to be ashamed. Minkyung and me, we can go on this adventure alone.”

I can be brave, you know.”

I know, I know. I'm not judging you. Maybe next time, you can try to join us.”

Okay, stop it. I'll join you guys on this stupid adventure. And I'm not doing this because you were obviously baiting me, nope, I'm doing this because I want to.”

Of course, Ha Ni.”, he chuckled. “Well, then, let's go.”

Ah, crap. Why did I agree to this?


 

After a while, we ended up in front of a dance school.

Huh?

When we opened the door to a room, we were greeted by tiny little kids in dance clothes. They all came running towards Seungho and Minkyung. Seems like this wasn't the first time they were here.

Can you explain to me what's going on right now, please?”, I asked.

Well, this is today's adventure.”, he answered.

A dance lesson? Seriously?”

Stop talking and get ready for the lesson, student.”, he said and chuckled.

I smiled. “Yes, teacher.”


 

Half an hour later, I was surrounded by cute little kids. The lesson itself was very fun. The kids were so cheerful and carefree, it was hard not to join their good mood.

During the break, I sat down on the floor. Seungho and Minkyung were playing around with some kids. A moment later, a little girl and boy approached me.

Hanni Eonni, why don't you join us more often?”, the little girl asked me.

Yes! I want pretty Noona to join us every week!”, the boy squeaked.

I laughed. “Thank you, guys. I really want to but I don't think that I can make it every week.”

Are you very busy, Eonni?”

Well, I do have singing and dancing practice, just like you guys.”

So you're an idol? Are you famous like Seungho Hyung?”

No, I'm not, I'm just a Trainee.”, I chuckled. “But maybe someday, I can be an Idol, too.”

But won't Seungho Oppa be sad if you don't join us?”

I frowned. “Why would he be sad?”

I thought couples always like to do everything together. My parents do.”

Huh?! Wait, wait, wait. I'm not dating Seungho Oppa. Where did you get that idea from?”

The little girl crossed her arms. “Is Seungho Oppa handsome?”

Uhm, yes, but -”

Is he nice and friendly?”

Of course, but -”

And do you like him?”

Yes, I do, but listen, I don't really -”

She smirked. “See? My Mom told me that she married Dad because he's handsome, nice and friendly. And when I asked them if they like each other, they said yes.”

That's not the same. You guys misunderstood something, Seungho Oppa is already dating someone.”

But he likes you more!”, the boy pouted.

He does not!”

Yes, he does! He smiles a lot when you're around!”, the girl exclaimed.

Maybe he's just in a good mood today.”

Why don't we see what he thinks about it?”, the boy asked mischievously.

Wait, you don't really intend to -”

SEUNGHO OPPA!”, they both shouted.

I glanced at him and saw him saying something to Minkyung. She nodded and he stood up, walking towards us.

Hey, what's the matter?”, he asked and smiled.

The girl shot me a knowing look. I sighed.

Hyung, is Ha Ni Noona pretty?”

Of course, she's a real beauty.”

I tried very hard to stop the blush that was creeping up my face.

Is she nice and friendly?”

Yes.”

Do you like her?”

He smiled at me. “She's very dear to me.”

Okay, now I was sure that my face resembled a tomato. The girl and the boy grinned at me and gave me the 'See?'-look.

Thank you for answering our questions, Oppa.”, the little girl said.

You're welcome. May I know the reason for those questions?”

We just told Noona that we want her to join us every week from now on.”

That's very nice of you but I think Ha Ni can't join us every week. She's very busy.”

Then maybe she can join us whenever she has time?”

I can't answer that for her.”, he said chuckled.

They both turned to me and gave me their puppy eyes. Ah, that was so mean.

Okay, okay. I promise to come whenever I have time.”, I sighed.

They both cheered and hugged me. Infected by their good mood, I couldn't stop smiling and laughing. When I looked up, I saw Seungho smiling again before turning around and walking back to Minkyung and the other kids.

See? Seungho Oppa and Ha Ni Eonni are perfect for each other!”, the girl squealed.

But I'm sure that his girlfriend loves him and he loves her. Wouldn't it be mean towards her to say such wrong things?”, I insisted.

I do not think that I'm wrong.”

I'm sorry, but this isn't something I should be discussing with you guys.”

Why?” The boy frowned. “Because we're kids?”

I sighed. “It's just that Seungho Oppa's privacy is none of mine business as well as none of yours. So let's stop talking about this, okay?”

Okay, but only because we like you.”, she pouted.

Thank you.” I smiled. “Well, I think you should join the others again. Looks like Seungho Oppa has something important to say.”

They both nodded and stood up. Then they went back to their friends, leaving me alone. I leaned back and watched them all, still fascinated by their positive energy and natural brightness. It's exactly what I've been lacking lately. Well, maybe that was why Seungho wanted me to go on this 'little adventure'.

After a while, Minkyung sat down next to me.

Hey.”, she said.

Uhm, hey.”

Awkward silence. I wasn't very good with strangers sometimes. Okay, I already knew her name but she was still a stranger to me. Not knowing what to say, I glanced at Seungho and watch him play around with some kids. It made me smile. I knew that he was kind and understanding but it was good to see that he was also good with kids. He was in every way a perfect man.

You really like him, huh?”

I froze. “What?”

The way you look at him...your face always lit up around him.” She paused. “So, do you like him?”

Okay, she was going too far. “Uhm, excuse me? I just met you today, so I don't think that you should be asking me such private questions.”

You may be surprised but I do have the right to ask this question.”

Yeah, and why?”

Well, don't you think that a girl would be curious if another one is drooling over her boyfriend?”

I widened my eyes. “Wait...WHAT? You are his girlfriend?”

Exactly.”

Oh.”

You know, I was always eager to meet the infamous Ha Ni he was talking about on a daily basis. Ha Ni this, Ha Ni that.” She paused and looked at me for a moment. “Well, I have to admit that you are really pretty.”

Look, I'm not trying to compete with you, Minkyung-ssi. I really like Seungho Oppa, yes, but he's like a big brother to me, nothing more.”

Really?”, she asked and looked at me suspiciously.

Yes. By the way, I already have someone I like.”

I see. But you're all he's talking about, you know.”, she sighed and her look turned sad. “You may not like him that way but I can't get rid of the feeling that I'm just a substitute for you.”

No, I don't think so. When he told me about you, he also said that he only saw me as a sister. So you're certainly not just a substitute. I'm quite sure that he really loves you. Seungho Oppa isn't the kind of person to take a girl as an substitute for another. He's way too kind to do that.”

She smiled faintly. “You always speak so highly of him, Ha Ni-ssi.”

Because it's the truth! I may not want to date him but he's very dear to me. He was always there when I needed him. He's my rock in life.”

I really love him, you know. But I'm always just the number two in his heart and it's hard. It's so hard.” Then she took a deep breath. “I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad by whining around. I'm really sorry.”

Without saying another word, she quickly stood up and rushed out of the room.

I needed a moment to process what just happened. What was she implying? That I was still a rival even though there was nothing going on between him and me? What the heck? I already had enough on my plate, I certainly didn't need more problems. Jeez.

Hey, where did Minkyung go?”, Seungho asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

What? Oh, uhm, she was thirsty, so she's looking for something to drink.”

But her bottle's in my bag.”

Did I say thirsty? I meant that she's hungry. Sorry, the exhaustion's getting to my head.”

He said down next to me and gave me a worried look. “You okay?”

Yeah, of course. I'm just a little bit out of shape.”

I didn't mean that. I've heard that you've been skipping practice today.”

It was just today. And I was not feeling well, nothing more.”

What is going on, Ha Ni? What's troubling you?”

Nothing.”

You went to meet your Mom, didn't you?”

I froze. “How did you know? Wait....let me guess. It was Minah, right? Oh, she's in big, big trouble right now.”

What happened? What caused you to skip practice?”

Like I said, nothing.”

Ha Ni.”

I stood up. “Oppa, maybe you should stop worrying about me and start paying attention to your girlfriend. She doesn't deserve the way you're treating her right now.”

What do you mean?” He frowned. “What exactly were you guys talking about earlier?”

She's suffering right now and you don't have a clue why. I really respect you but seeing her like that makes me very disappointed in you.”

I don't think that it's your business, Ha Ni.”

No, it's really none of my business. But if your girlfriend tells me that she feels like she's an substitute for me, then I have every right to tell you how wrong it is.”

Did she really say that?”

Why should I lie to you?” I snorted. “But seriously, why do people keep thinking that there's something going on between us? Just because we're close, it doesn't mean that we have to be in love. Jeez, can you imagine that? She really thinks that she's just number two in your heart. That's so absurd, right, Oppa?” I was waiting for some kind of agreement from his side. But he didn't say anything. “Oppa?”

I should go after her. See you later, Ha Ni.”, he said and left the room.

Huh. That was weird. I always thought that Seungho would treat his girlfriend well, worshiping the ground she walked on, seeing how he always treated me well. But maybe is wasn't his fault? Maybe Minkyung was just overly possessive and tried to make me feel bad for being close to Seungho? I sighed. Well, it was their business after all. I had enough problems on my plate already. Which reminded me of the meeting with my Mom. Or rather the person I used to call 'Mom'. And that, on the other hand, ruined my mood again. Okay, I needed another distraction. But what could I do? The day was nearly over and I couldn't skipped tomorrow's practice, too. I wanted to debut after all. No. I needed to pull myself together.

After making up my mind, I decided to get back to practice. I already got an advantage by being part of the newest Cube project, I shouldn't blow my chance.

I quickly grabbed my stuff, said goodbye to the kids and headed out, looking for Seungho and Minkyung, who were still not back. Finally I found them both in the hall, talking to each other. Just when I was about to approach them, I noticed that she was crying. Immediately, I froze. Seungho gently grabbed her hand and pulled her to him to hug her while she was sobbing into his shoulder.

Okay, maybe I should just leave without saying goodbye. I turned around and quietly headed for the exit. When I was outside, I grabbed a cab to the Cube Office.

I didn't know if it was a good sign that she was crying. She could have been crying out of relief or sorrow. But seeing the way how he comforted her so affectionately, it could only be a good sign, right?

Realizing what I just did, I quickly shook my head. Nope, nope, it was none of my business. I should stop being so nosy. Okay, Ha Ni. Put your focus on your career. No distractions allowed.

Minutes later, I finally arrived at the Cube Office. Grabbing my bag, I quickly ran up the stairs to the practice rooms, successfully colliding with someone.

Ouch, jeez!”, the person shouted.

I rubbed my aching shoulder and looked up, coming face to face with Minah. “Sorry, I was in a rush.”

Yeah, like always.” She put her hands on her hips. “Say, aren't you supposed to be at home, not feeling well and stuff?”

Hey, don't try to act all innocent on me! I know that you were the mastermind behind my 'little adventure'.”

Oh, really? I don't really know what you're talking about.”, she said and giggled.

You're such a bad actor. Now let's go back to practice.”

Uh, practice is over, Ha Ni.”

Huh? Already?”

Yeah. But I have something even more interesting than practice in mind.”

I rolled my eyes. “Another 'little adventure'?”

Well, a friend of my sister is a Cube staff member and she gave me inside information on something that's taking place today.”

Stop speaking in riddles. What's taking place today?”

Just follow me and you'll find out.”

Well, I did and moments later we ended up on a set. It looked like a set for an MV filming.

What are we doing here?”, I asked Minah.

Let's use this adventure to gain experience for our future life as idols.”

So, this is an MV filming, right?”

Yup.”

And who is filming today?”

You have one minute to guess before hat person appears. Just think about who's most likely to have a comeback right now.”

Hm. I knew for sure that it wasn't 4minute. Maybe G.Na? Well, Beast was still busy in Japan right now, so it couldn't be them either.

Oh, wait. There was someone who told me that he was about to have a solo debut. No, it couldn't be...

Yoseob Sunbae?”, I asked.

Minah grinned. “Bingo!”

Why didn't you tell me? I can't be here right now!”

Huh? Why not? I thought you would be happy to be here.”

Minah, there's going to be a kiss scene in his MV.”

Where did you get that idea from?”

He told me. Or rather, he told Hyomin and I kinda overheard it. The point is, I can't watch him kiss someone else, be it for the job or not. Ah, this is so awkward.”

I'm sorry, Ha Ni. I didn't know it. We can go now, if you want.”

To be honest, I really did want to go. But seeing the disappointment in Minah's eyes, and knowing that she really wanted to watch, I just couldn't bring myself to say it.

Yeah, well, we can stay. Like you said, we could gain experience. I'm gonna put aside my personal feelings.”, I suggested.

Before Minah could say something, Yoseob appeared. Without realizing it, I quickly hid behind a big light stand.

Why are you hiding?”, Minah whispered, when she followed me to my hiding place.

I don't want him to know that I am here.”

She frowned at me. “You know, sometimes I just don't get you.”

Sometimes, I don't get myself either.”

Oh, look, I can see Yoseob Sunbae. He's so handsome!”

Yes, he was, indeed. Dressed in a gray sweater and red pants, he was totally rocking the casual look. I watched him greeting everyone around him with a bow.

Judging by his outfit and the set, it seems like the plot of the MV had several in-house scenes. Was that where the kiss scene would take place?

Wow, she's so pretty.”, Minah gushed suddenly.

'She'? I looked around and finally found her. She was standing on the other side of the set, also greeting the people around her. And boy, was she beautiful. Tall and slender with long brown hair, she was also wearing casual clothes. Her outfit consisted of an oversize white sweater and shorts, giving the illusion that she wasn't wearing any pants at all. And this beauty was going to kiss Yoseob. Huh.

After greeting everyone, they both walked towards each other. Yoseob smiled shyly and said something to her, causing her to smile brightly at him.

I've never seen him act shyly before. Around me, he was always either moody or uptight. It was kind of fascinating to see this side of him.

I can't hear what they are saying.”, Minah whined.

We don't need to know what they are saying. Just watching is enough to gain experience.”

A staff member approached Yoseob and the actress. He was holding folded papers in his hands. Hm, was that the script writer? He told them something and they both nodded. Several moments later, the filming began. The first scene was him standing at the counter, making himself coffee, while she was sitting on the couch, writing something into a tiny book. Then he glanced at her and sauntered over to her with his cup of coffee in his hand. He tried to peek at what she was writing but she tried to hide it by practically lying down on the couch. He then put his cup on the table and leaned down on her, practically hugging her from behind, still trying to look at what she was writing. On the first try, they both nearly knocked over the table, causing the director to shout 'NG'. They both and some staff members around them laughed at their clumsiness. Even Minah giggled next to me.

And all I could to was trying to breath past the tight knot in my chest. It wasn't jealousy that was causing this uncomfortable feeling. No, it was longing. Ever since that one kiss I had shared with him, I have caught myself imagining how it would be to date him. How it would be like to hold hands with him, snuggle up to him or just fool around with him, just like they both just did in the scene. It kinda hurt to have my imagination come to life in front of my eyes while knowing that I would never be the one beside him in real life. I would never be the one he would hold hands with and I would never be the one who would receive his kisses. Yeah, well, the past one excluded, of course.

The loud commotion on the set pulled me out of my thoughts. They repeated the scene over and over again, until there were no further accidents. The next scene was her sitting on the counter with a red blanket wrapped around her shoulders while he was sitting on the couch. She was playing around by herself and he watched her with a smile on his face. Then he stood up and and went to her, standing between her legs and putting his hand on either side of her. She smiled mischievously and wrapped her legs around his hips to pull him closer. Then she spread her arms, just to wrap the red blanket around him and herself by putting her arms around his shoulders. He then lifted her up to put her down from the counter. Slowing pushing her against the counter, he came closer until his face was only inches away from hers. My heart skipped a beat. Was he kissing her? It really looked like he was but because the blanket was obscuring the view, I didn't know for sure. They even angled their faces slightly. Okay, they must have been kissing each other. Either that, or they were pretending well.

Still 'kissing' each other, he twirled them both around, so that his back was against the counter. The director shouted 'cut' and they both slowly disengaged from each other. Of course, there were also several small accidents this time, like her accidentally letting go of the blanket, or him twirling around too much that he bumped against the counter.

I was mentally clenching my fists while watching the next scene. Yoseob was leaning on the counter from one side, while she was sitting next to it from the other side, so that they were facing each other. He put one arm on the counter and leaned forward while putting his hand against his mouth, silently looking at her. After what felt like an eternity, he reached out with his other hand and gently her hair. Then he leaned even further across the counter, until his face was only inches away from hers. Remembering the incident, I knew how it was like to have his face so close to yours. To feel the heat emanating from him or the warm breath on your lips. Just by remembering it, I could feel my insides starting to burn up.

They both remained like this for several moments while the cameras were rotating around them. Then he closed the distance between them and they both kissed. It wasn't a passionate kiss. No, it was more like just a mere putting-the-lips-against-each-other. But still, a kiss was a kiss. And this one lasted for an eternity. Seriously, I was even mentally counting the seconds. After exactly 15 seconds, they stopped kissing. But the director wasn't satisfied with the scene, so they had to do it again. And again. And again. They had to kiss at least for 8 more times until the director was satisfied.

Man, it was like that director was purposely trying to torture me. Yeah, well, I, for my part, had enough. I turned to Minah who was still watching them with awe in her eyes. I nudged her. “Minah?”

Hmm?”

Can we go, please?”

She widened her eyes at me. “But why? We just got here.”

Okay, you can stay. But I'm leaving.”, I said.

Oh? Why are you leaving so early?”, someone asked behind us.

Startled, we turned around, just to see Junhyung standing in front of us.Oppa? What are you doing here?”, I asked.

Well, I'm featured in the song, so I thought that, maybe, I could also be featured in the MV.”, he teased me. “So, what are you guys doing here? Supporting Yoseobie, I guess? But what I do not understand is why you are hiding behind a light stand instead of standing over there.”

Uhm...well, we didn't want to distract Yoseob Sunbae, so we decided to stand...uh...right here.”, I retorted.

Yoseob 'Sunbae', huh?” He snorted. “You know, I still can't understand why you are being so formal with him when you're already informal with the rest of us.”, he chuckled. “Especially considering the fact that out of us six, you are the closest with him.”

Oppa, he was my teacher.”

Never mind. It's none of my business anyways. Come on, let's head over to him.”

To be honest...uh...I was just about to leave.”

Nonsense. I heard Minah-ssi saying that you two just got here. And I can see that Yoseobie's having a break right now.”

No, really, I have to -”

Yoseobie!”, Junhyung shouted.

Ah, crap. Needless to say, everyone turned to look at us, including Yoseob and that pretty actress. Junhyung waved and sauntered over to them. I was still contemplating whether to follow him silently or just run away, when Minah grabbed my hand all of a sudden and pulled me after Junhyung, right to where Yoseob was. I didn't dare to look up, so I stared at the floor.

Sunbae, hello!”, I heard Minah say.

Minah! Good to see you! Did you come together with Junhyungie?”, Yoseob asked.

Nope, we met him here.”

They were here for a while now, didn't you see them?”, Junhyung chuckled.

Really? No, I didn't see you guys. Where were you standing?”

Right over the-”

Hello, Sunbae.”, I said quickly, cutting off Minah before she could blurt out that we were hiding behind a light stand. Junhyung couldn't stop chuckling.

Ha Ni, hello, long time no see.”

Being unable to stare at the floor anymore, I finally looked up. Aw, man, seeing his handsome face up close was way more difficult than from afar.

Yeah, right.” I really didn't know what else to say. Wow, awkward.

Hey, do you know when I'm about to start filming?”, Junhyung asked Yoseob.

I'm not sure but I think I might have heard the director saying something about half an hour?”

Well, I better go change. See ya later!”, he said and left.

Sunbae, you are a great actor, you know.”, Minah gushed.

He arched an eye brow at us. “Oh? Did you guys see it?”

Yeah, we were here from the beginning. Those scenes really looked convincing!”

Ah, talking about the scenes.” He turned around. “Hayoon-ssi?”

Yes?”, a female voice answered.

I want to introduce you to someone.”

I'll be right there!”, she said.

Seconds later, the actress appeared right next to Yoseob.

Guys, this is Song Hayoon-ssi, the female role in the MV. Hayoon-ssi, these are Park Minah and Jung Ha Ni, both trainees from Cube.”

Hello, nice to meet you.”, she said and smiled.

Hello! Hayoon-ssi, you are really pretty!”, Minah exclaimed.

She blushed. “Thank you. You both are also very pretty.” She turned to me. “Say, aren't you the talented Cube trainee from that 'Idol School' show?”

Now it was my turn to blush. “Well, I wouldn't say 'talented'...but yes, I was part of that show.”

Ah, no need to be so modest. I was eagerly following that show and for me, you had the best voice out of them all.”

Thank you.”, I said, still feeling embarrassed.

All of a sudden, a staff member called for Yoseob. He excused himself from us, leaving us alone with Hayoon.

He is so sweet.”, she sighed while looking after his retreating figure. Then she turned to us. “Say, are you guys close with him?”

Uh, what?”, I asked, surprised by her sudden question.

I mean, you are label mates, right? You should be close with each other.”

Ah, well, he's our sunbae and....yeah...he and s are really busy, so...”

I see. Anyways, I was just wondering if you guys know if he's single.”

I was too shocked to answer. Was she really making a move on Yoseob?

Well, I haven't heard anything about him having a girlfriend.”, Minah said after a while.

Really? That sounds great! You know, the way he's been kissing, I knew immediately that he's experienced.” She paused. “Even though he did seem nervous at first. But a staff noona already told me that it was his first time kissing for a job during his career. So I'm practically his professional 'first kiss'.”

Uhm, yeah. Great.”, I said tonelessly.

Well, I'm sorry but I think we have to go. Practice is calling.”, Minah said, noticing my change of mood.

Ah, right. I'm sorry for annoying you guys with my blabber. It's just that I'm so excited to work with Yoseob-ssi. You know, I'm one of his greatest fans!”

I see. Anyways, we really should get going. Please tell Yoseob Sunbae and Junhyung Sunbae that we said goodbye.”

Of course! It was great to meet you guys. And have fun practicing!”

Yes, thank you. And goodbye!”, Minah said hastily while grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the exit. When we were outside, she stopped suddenly. “Hey, Earth to Ha Ni, are you there?”

What? Oh. Yeah. I'm here.”

Man, that girl is nuts. Openly confessing to us that she's planning on targeting Yoseob Sunbae....wow, just wow.”

Yeah, well, it's her right to make a move on him. He's single after all.”

Don't tell me that you're okay with this? What if she succeeds?”

Hey, I never said that I'm okay with this. It's just that I can't stop anyone from liking Yoseob Sunbae, hell, I can't even stop myself from liking him!”

I'm sorry, Ha Ni. I didn't mean to hurt you by dragging you to this place.”

I put an arm around her. “Hey, it's okay. You meant well. “

You know, Hayoon-ssi was wrong on one part.”, she said and grinned.

What do you mean?”

Well, I'm sure you were his 'first kiss' during his career.”

I punched her. “That's not funny! That kiss doesn't even count, it was just an accident.”

You want to know my opinion?”, she asked and chuckled. “I think that he was just saying that because he didn't want to ruin your happiness with Wooyoung Sunbae.”

Yeah, sure.”

She shrugged. “If you don't believe me, it's your loss.”

You're just as nuts as that Hayoon-ssi.”, I said and chuckled.

See? You're smiling again. So that means I did succeed in cheering you up. I always knew that seeing Yoseob Sunbae in a y sweater would cheer anyone up!”

Whatever. Let's get back to the dorm before I'm not able to hold back myself from hitting you again.”


 

Heartache or not, it was always good to have people at your side who are there for you when you need them.

 

******************************************************************************

A/N: 

Hello ~

It's been a while, right?

I'm really sorry for being so negligent lately.

University and work have been keeping me busy and I have also been procrastinating a lot....

....so, please bear with me >.<

I can promise that the next update will be up sooner than expected hehe

And please comment a loooooot to let me know your opinions!

I love your comments! :>