Prologue.

A Heart's Own Mind.

Hey guys, my name's Jung Ha Ni.

 

There weren't so many days left until my 20th birthday. I didn't want to be 20. It sounded so....old.

Yeah, I know it's kind of ridiculous but it's just the way I am.

I was born in the States but after my Mum's death, my Dad decided to move to Korea. I had mixed feelings about moving to Seoul. You know, I didn't want to leave behind all those people whom I had got to know during my life. All the familiar things that would be taken away from me...it was just too sudden.

But on the other hand, there were also reasons why I anticipated Korea: it was where my roots were.

My parents were both Koreans.

I had always loved the Korean Culture; be it food, fashion or music. Oh yes, Korean music. Especially K-pop. I wouldn't deny it. My passion for K-pop was one of the main reasons why I wanted to see Korea. And you know, living in a different country is kind of exciting. I loved exploring new things!

 

My Mum had never been to Korea. But she always wanted to return to the country where her parents were from. That's why it's kind of sad to move there without her now. There wasn't a day that I didn't miss her. But I knew that she wouldn't want me to be unhappy, that's why I enjoyed the life that she has given to me.

 

My other passion, beside K-pop, was singing. My Mum loved to sing, be it while cooking, doing house chores or relaxing in the garden; the house was always filled with her beautiful voice. I really loved my Mum's voice. It was so soothing, especially when she sang lullabies. When I got older, we both would always fill the house with singing. My Dad never complained. He loved my Mum's voice as much as I did. He would always call us his little nightingales.

 

Ever since my Mum passed away, I would always sing to fill the emptiness that was invading our house...and our hearts. When I sang, I always had the feeling that my mum would be standing right next to me & singing with me.

 

My best friend, Kwon Yuri, accompanied me to Korea, even though she would only stay during summer break. I was really thankful to have such a good friend. We even created a list with things to do in Seoul. Just for your information, the list wasn't very short.

 

Well, let's start this new chapter in my life.

 

Seoul, I'm coming.