Author's Birthday Special: The Past, The Present and The Future.

A Heart's Own Mind.

I woke up late today. Last night was horrible. Even though I told Eun Mi and Jin Ae that I would find a solution, I really didn't know what to do. And today was my birthday. My first birthday without my family and my friends. I was quite sure that the members and the staff memebrs didn't even know it because I didn't told them.

Whatever, it wasn't that big of a deal. I was just getting one year older. Nothing special.

I stood up slowly . Today was also our day off. It was highly possible that Eun Mi and Jin Ae were shopping and that the other staff members were sight seeing. I heard them talking about it the day before. The 2PM members were certainly spending their time at arcades or they were just walking around, searching for delicious food. 

I chuckled. These guys could surely eat a lot.

I got dressed and pondered how I would spend this day. Maybe I should go shopping and buy some presents for Dad and Yuri. I quickly checked my phone. Oh, I got two text messages.

 

FROM: Dad

My lovely nightingale,

I hope you have a great time in Japan.

I miss you, my dear.

And I wish you a happy birthday!

Enjoy your special day!

 

I got teary eyes. Dad, I miss you too. I wish you were here with me right now.

The next text message was from Yuri.

 

FROM: Yuri  

HAAAAAAAAA NIIII-AHH!! Happy Birthday!!!! \(^.^)/

OMG! U R 20 now! U old woman keke

Don't party 2 long! I hope that Wooyoung Oppa

prepared something special 4 u keke

Tell me everything when u come back, k?

I want JUICY DETAILS keke

PS: I'm still mad at you for losing the phone chain >.<

 

Omo, this girl! Never failed to make me laugh.

But the phone chain...I lost it on the day when I was running away from the mysterious man with the captivating voice. What a pity. Yuri gave it to me on my 14th birthday. It was the same chain that was hanging on her phone. She called it our 'Best-Friends-Phone-Chain'.

And I lost it.

Ha Ni, you Babo!

Sighing loudly, I left my room and went to the buffet on the first floor. Hmmm,the delicious smell was already causing me to drool! 

When I entered the dinig room, I noticed that there weren't many people here. I got my food and sat down.

Gosh, I just couldn't get enough of this croissant. It was so yummy! 

But it was kind of weird to eat French food in Japan. Whatever. It was delicious and that was what mattered.

"Croissants and orange juice again? Didn't I tell you that I like chubby women? You won't get chubby this way.", someone said behind me.

I nearly choked on my croissant. "Wooyoung-ssi?"

What was he doing here?

He just smiled and sat down. 

"I thought you were hanging out with the other members. Playing at arcades and searching for food and so on.", I said.

He chuckled. "Well, actually they are currently playing at arcades and searching for food. I decided not to join them."

"Why?"

He smirked. "I just didn't feel the urge to play at arcades.."

Huh.

"So...it's your first time in Japan, right?", he asked me suddenly.

I nodded.

"Then let me show you around."

"Yeah, sure, why not." I said those word non-chalantly but on the inside I was squealing happily.

 

We decided to stroll around the streets. Wooyoung had to cover his face because of fans, so he was wearing a cap, which was pulled down to cover his eyes a bit, and very casual and 'un-idol-like clothes'He kept telling me some stories about what he and the members did when they were in Japan for the first time. We also went shopping and he helped me finding presents for my Dad and Yuri. I enjoyed every moment with him. Once in a while I would glance at him. His smile and the way he was talking so enthusiastically made my heart beat faster.

What was this feeling?  Why was I blushing and why was my heart beating like crazy whenever I was around him? Was it admiration? Would I feel the same around Seungho?

Aaah, so complicated! I shouldn't be thinking this way. Wooyoung was way out of my league.

"Ha Ni-ssi?"

I was so lost in thoughts that I didn't hear what he said. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

He chuckled. "I was just asking you if you want a snack. Just sit here on the bench and I'll quickly buy some delicious snacks. What do you think?"

I considered. "Hmm, okay. I'm actually a bit hungry."

"Good, I'll be right back.", he said and left.

I didn't want to sit around that's why I decided to do a bit window-shopping. The shops were right next to the bench, so I wouldn't miss Wooyoung when he returned. The first shop was a teddy bear shop. I saw a little teddy bear with a golden ribbon and was immediately reminded of the one I got from Seungho. I never did separate from this teddy bear. I even took him with me to Japan. This little teddy bear would always remind me to not fail again. I gave up once and I wouldn't repeat it.

The next shop was a jeweler's shop. The jewelry was so beautiful. What caught my eyes were those amazing earrings. They  looked like silver roses decorated with strass. I immediately fell in love with them. But after looking at the price I dismissed them. A bit disappointed, I turnend around, intending to return to the bench.

What I didn't expect was Wooyoung standing in front me.

He smiled. "Didn't I tell you to wait for me at the bench?"

I laughed. "I'm sorry but these shops are a bit more interesting than a plain bench."

We ate the snacks and after a while, Wooyoung suggested to get moving.

"There's something I want to show you. But we have to hurry."

"Aaaww, don't make me curious. What is it?", I asked him.

He smiled. "You'll see." Then he took my hand and pulled me after him.

Okay....he was holding my hand right now. My heart started beating faster again. You know, when you put all the facts together...this really did seem like...a date.

No, Jung Ha Ni, you're being stupid again. This is not a date. Nope.

We walked around until we arrived at a river. There were people sitting on chairs and they were staring at the sky. Why were they staring at the sky? It was already dark , so what were they hoping to see? Wooyoung led me to a railing near the river. 

I was a beautiful view. All those lights being reflected on the river...dreamlike.

"Ah, jeez!"

I turned around. "What's the matter, Wooyoung-ssi?"

He grimaced. "I forgot my wallet at the snack shop."

"Ah, crap. Let's walk back, maybe it's still there."

He stopped me when I started moving. "No, stay here. I'll go alone, so it won't take too much time. Please stay here and wait for me, I'll be right back."

I hesitated. "Oh. Okay."

"I'll hurry!", he said and left.

Weird.

Well then, what to do now? I leaned on the railing and enjoyed the view while being lost in thoughts again. After a while, a sudden noise pulled me out of my thoughts. What was that? It sounded like a pistol-shot. But why were the people around me suddenly clapping? I looked up and found out why.

Fireworks.

It was  so beautiful. The darkness which was suddenly lightened by colorfull patterns and their reflection on surface of the water. I wished I could somehow capture this moment and relieve it again later on.

"Ha Ni-ssi."

I turned around. Wooyoung was standing in front of me, seeming a bit out of breath. I didn't say anything. I was still amazed by the fireworks and suprised at his sudden appearance.

We stared at each other for a while. He suddenly came nearer but his eyes never left mine. When he was only inches away, I couldn't help but blush. Even though it was dark, the sky was now filled with fireworks and everything was illuminated. He definitely could see me blush.

Suddenly he smirked.

Omo, omo, omo, omo, omo!

He gently put one hand on my cheek. His face came closer.

Oh no, what was happening right now? Did he intended to...kiss me?! My heart was beating so fast. His face was now only a few inches away from mine. I automatically closed my eyes and felt his breath on my face.

Did I finally get my first kiss?

I suddenly felt his breath at my ear. "Ha Ni-ssi.", he whispered. "Happy Birthday."

Then his breath was gone.

What? I opened my eyes. He was grinning.

"What did you say?", I asked him confused.

He chuckled. "Jung Ha Ni-ssi, are you deaf? I said 'Happy birthday'."

"But how did  you know? I didn't tell anyone."

"You can't keep secrets from me. I have a special way to find out secrets." He smiled.

"Do the others know it?"

"No. Just me."

"So that was the reason why you spent the day with me? As a present?"

"Yes."

"Oh. Okay."

I was a bit disappointed. But what did I expect?

Ha Ni, you Babo, why would he go out with an ordinary girl like you? And kissing you? You're dreaming way too much. Stop fooling yourself.

My eyes got teary. I quickly turned around before he could notice it.

"Wooyoung-ssi, we should really get going. It's late. The others are certainly waiting for us."

I started moving but he grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. He sighed.

And suddenly his lips were on mine. My first thought was that they were so soft. I was so shocked that I even forgot to breathe. Then I pulled myself together to enjoy this moment. I really wished I could stop the time to linger in this moment when my heart was melting. When his lips left mine, I opened my eyes and saw him smiling gently at me.

Oh my gosh. I blushed when I finally realized what just happened.

My first kiss. 

I could still feel his lips on mine.

He chuckled and came closer again. This time he hugged me. "Ha Ni-ah. Let's celebrate your birthday...in a noraebang.", he whispered into my ear.

A noraebang? Why suddenly a noraebang?

He saw my confusion. "Why, don't you want me to sing you a special song?" He chuckled.

Oh.

"Okay!" I linked arms with him. "Let's go!"

He laughed. "Aigoo, so enthusiastic. But don't forget, I won't be singing alone."

My smile faltered. Singing? For him? I didn't know of I could do it. But I didn't let on about it.

"Sure.", I said and tried to sound enthusiastically.

I would dea lwith my issues later on.

 

We finally arrived at the noraebang. It was a big building with flashing signs.

"Does this noraebang even have Korean songs?", I asked him.

"Yes, it's owned by Korean people. You know, there are also some Japanese people who like to sing Korean songs."

"Oh, good. My Japanese isn't that great, you know." I laughed.

He chuckled. "Seems like that'll be one thing less to worry about."

He led me through the door. There was one employee standing near the entrance. He said something in Japanese. Wooyoung answered and the employee smiled and gestured us to follow him. I wondered what they were talking about. After a while, we stopped at a big door. The employee bowed and left us. Wooyoung opened the door for me and gestured me to enter.

"Ladies first.", he said and chuckled.

I entered the room. It was so dark. Where was the light switch?

Jeez, I couldn't see anything!

Suddenly the room was illuminated. I squinted because the sudden light was blinding me. I startled when someone started singing 'Happy Birthday'. Soon many other voices followed. I slowly opened my eyes and saw the 2PM members and the staff members in front of me.

What was going on?

Eun Mi was carrying a cake with 21 candles. I was actually 20 years old but in Korea, you were one year old when you were born. That's why, in Korea, I would be 21 years old. 

I blowed out the candles and everyone clapped. I was so touched. "Thank you, everyone. This is the best birthday had so far. I -" I couldn't finish my sentence because I started sobbing.

Everyone rushed to me and patted me.

"Hey, it's your birthday! You shouldn't be crying, you should be having the best time of your life!", the manager said.

I pulled myself together. "Sorry for this outburst." I wiped my tears away and smiled. "Let's party!" I shouted and everyone joined in.

The 2PM guys starting dancing and singing to some songs. It was really entertaining to watch them goofing off like this. I also noticed that Kyung Mi didn't sing 'Happy Birtday' with the others. And she was also standing far away when I was blowing out the candle. Unsurprisingly, she glared at me all the time.

 After a while, I was sitting on the on the couch with Eun Mi and Jin Ae.

"How did you guys pulled this off?", I asked them.

Eun Mi smiled. "It wasn't us. Everything was planned by Wooyoung Oppa. He somehow found out about your birthday and informed us. After that he came up with the idea to hold a surprise party for you."

"Yeah, we pretended to go shopping and organized this party.", Jin Ae added.

"And Wooyoung Oppa was supposed to distract you, so that we could easily organize everything.", Eun Mi said.

Yeah, he really did a good job in 'distracting' me. I smiled.

"Oh, oh, look at that mischievous smile! I want details!", Eun Mi said.

Jin Ae laughed. "So, little Ha Ni, please tell us...how exactly did Wooyoung 'distract' you?"

I smiled. "Let's talk about this later, okay? There are too many people here.", I said and looked to the side.

They both followed my gaze. Kyung Mi was singing a duet with Junsu now. Ew, that girl really couldn't sing.

Eun Mi and Jin Ae nodded. "Okay, but don't think we will let you off that easily.", Eun Mi added.

I laughed. "Okay, okay, don't worry."

They both got up and headed towards the guys. I decided to go to the restroom to re-arrange myself. I quietly left the room and directly went to the next restroom.

Jeez, my hair and my face were really a mess!

I quickly combed my hair and put on a bit mascara. When I was satisfied with my reflection, I left the room. Just when I was about to open the door, I heard someone approaching.

"Little bud?", the person asked confusedly.

This voice. It couldn't be...? 

I slowly turned around. Oh my gosh. It really was him.

"Seungho-ssi?"

"It's you, isn't it? The little bud from two years ago."

I was still shocked. "Ye - yes. That's me."

He smiled. "So we meet again."

Déja-vu. The same situation happened in the airport some weeks ago. With Wooyoung. Only this time it was Yang Seungho standing in front of me and not Wooyoung.

Seungho, my idol.

"What are you doing here, Seungho-ssi?"

"The boys and me, we were invited by Wooyoung to attend a birthday party of one of his stylists."

Only now did I notice the other guys standing behind Seungho. Four handsome guys were smiling at me.

I bowed. "I'm sorry for being so rude and not noticing you earlier. My name's Jung Ha Ni, nice to meet you."

"Oi, you're pretty!", a guy next to Seungho exclaimed. "How do you know Seungho Hyung? Are you both childhood friends? Ah, my name's Mir, by the way."

I tried to hold my laughter. This hyperactive guy was just way too cute.

The tall guy laughed. "Yah, Bang Chul Yong, stop pestering her with questions!"

"I told you that I don't want to be called like that in front of other people.", Mir said and pouted.

"It's your name. Nothing to be ashamed of." He turned to me and smiled. "Nice to meet you, too. I'm Park Sang Hyun, but please call me Cheondung."

I nodded. "Cheondung-ssi, nice to meet you."

The next guy was smiling brightly. Hm, his eye smile was really cute. "My name's Lee Chang Sun, but please call me Lee Joon."

I nodded once again. "Nice to meet you, Lee Joon-ssi."

The last person approached me. He seemed a bit reserved. "Nice to meet you, too. I'm Jung Byung Hee, but I'm currently known as GO."

"Nice to meet you, too, GO-ssi."

Wow, I was finally meeting MBLAQ. I had a really hard time fighting back the fangirl inside me.

Seungho approached me. "Little bud, I don't want to be rude but why are you here? Are you acquainted with 2PM?"

I smiled. "Well, actually I'm that stylist you were talking about earlier."

His eyes widened. "You are WHAT? But I thought..." He couldn't finished his sentence because the door suddenly opened and Wooyoung appeared.

"Seungho Hyung! You made it. Thank you for coming." , he said and greeted Seungho and the other MBLAQ members.

Seungho chuckled. "Don't mention it." He looked at me and smiled. "And it seems like this is going to be interesting."

Wooyoung observed us but didn't say anything.

"Didn't the others come with you?", he asked Seungho.

"No, they still had a schedule to attend but they promised to come as soon as it's over."

What? More guests?

Before I was able to asked Wooyoung about this matter, he urged us to enter the room.

Well, whatever. The more the better.

 

We all sang several songs and chatted. I kept glancing at Seungho who was talking with Junsu. So, I did meet him again after all. And he remembered me. But it seemed like he somehow didn't like the idea of me being a stylist. I sighed. When I turned around, I saw Wooyoung looking at me. He was frowning.

Oh, oh, did he catch me staring at Seungho?

Just when I wanted to walk over to him, the door opened and six handsome guys entered the room. Everyone was now staring at our new guests. They somehow seemed really familiar to me.

Wooyoung was the first one to spoke. "Annyeong! Thank you for coming!"

The tall guy with brown hair smiled. "Wouldn't miss a party, would we?"

Wooyoung laughed. "I know, that's why I was calling you. Let me introduce you to the birthday girl." He took my hand and led me to them. "That's our birthday girl, Jung Ha Ni."

I bowed. "Nice to meet you and thank you for coming to my birthday party."

"Ha Ni, that's Yoon Doojoon." He pointed at the guy he was talking with earlier. "And that's Yong Junhyung, Jang Hyunseung, Lee Kikwang, Son Dongwoon and...huh? Where is he?" The last person stepped around Dongwoon. Wooyoung laughed. "Ah, there you are. And last but not least, Yang Yoseob."

The guy called Yoseob stared at me for a while. Then he nodded and smirked.

Doojoon approached me. "Ha Ni-ssi, we have a special present for you."

"Oh no, you didn't have to get me something."

Kikwang chuckled. "It's your birthday. So you need a birthday present." He gestured to the couch. "Please take a seat."

Huh? What was going on?

I slowly sat down and looked at them expectantly. Everyone got curious and they all took a seat, too. The guys came to the front and took some mics.

"This song is called 'You' and we're dedicating it to Ha Ni-ssi, our birthday girl.", Doojoon announced.

I smiled. That was so cute.

Wait a moment.'You'? Where did I hear this song again? Ha Ni-ah, why wasn't your brain working correctly today?

Dongwoon was searching the song on the noraebang machine. When he finally found it, he pressed 'Play'The song started playing. Dongwoon was the first one to sing.

 

I’m gonna make you love me nul saranghandago
Nan niga isseo haengbokhae ounjaena neoppun in geol

 

Hmmm, he had a nice voice.

Kikwang was next.

 

Ahjikeun maleun mothaedo neol bomyeon jaggu ddeollyeodu
Ounjaena nan neol saengakhanundae ahjik neonun molla nae sarangeun molla
Nan neoppun in geol

 

Then Hyunseung.

 

Eereokkae neul wonhanundae jaggu neoman boeenundae
Nae moris seokeun neoru gadrukhae eunjeongil neomuna haengbokhae neol hwihae noreal bulleo
Ounjaeradu

 

Now it was Yoseob's turn.

 

I’m gonna make you love me neol sarang handago
Nan niga isseo haengbokhae ounjaena neoppun in geol

 

I dropped the remote I was holding in my hand and stared wide-eyed at Yoseob.

This voice! It couldn't be...?

A blinking caught my eye. I looked at his pocket and caught a glimpse of his phone. And that tiy little thing hanging from his phone was an all-too-familiar phone chain...to be precise, it was the phone chain I lost when I ran away from that stranger with the captivating voice. I knew that it was my phone chain, because there couldn't be a copy of it. The chain Yuri gave was handmade by her.

So...Yoseob was the mysterious man with the captivating voice? Yang Yoseob? How was that even possible?

During the whole song, I was staring at him. When he sang the last line, he looked up and we both were staring at each other. His face didn't gave away anything. No sign whether he recognized me or not. Well, to be honest, he couldn't have seen me. I didn't give him a chance to when I was running awway without looking back.

 

Nal saranghae jwoyo nal saranghae jwoyo nal barabwa jwoyo

(Love me, love me, only look at me )

 

Only when the song ended and everyone clapped, did I pull myself together. I stood up. "Thank you so much for this song. It was really beautiful. You guys have amazing voices."

We all clapped again and the boys bowed.

"I want a duet with Doojoon-ssi!", Eun Mi suddenly shouted and rushed to the front.

Everyone laughed.

 

We all stayed until 2am. After that we decided to leave because everyone was tired. After leaving the Noraebang, we all gathered in front of the building. I said goodbye to Seungho and the other MBLAQ members. "Seungho-ssi, thank you again for coming today. I had a great time."

He smiled. "I enjoyed it, too. And I really hope that we can meet again in the near future, especially since I want to talk to you about something." His face turned serious for a moment but then he smiled again. "How can I contact you?"

I gave him my number and then they left.

"Ha Ni-ssi!"

I turned around. Dongwoon was smiling and waving at me. I approched them. "Once again, a happy birthday from us all!", he said.

I smiled. "Thank you, especially for the sweet song. This really means so much to me."

"You're welcome." Kikwang smiled brightly.

The guys were really kind. Especially Doojoon, Kikwang and Dongwoon. Junhyung and Hyunseung seemed more reserved, they didn't talk that much. And Yoseob...he wasn't talking to me either, but the way he looked at me...it was different from Junhyung's and Hyunseung's reserved attitude. Like he was analyzing me or so. I didn't know how to describe it properly. And the fact that he was that mysterious man was still bugging me. I once again glanced at his phone. It was definitely my phone chain. But I didn't dare to ask Yoseob about it.

What could I possibly say?

Oh, sorry. I was the one who stalked you several weeks ago when you were singing in the park and that chain on your phone is the one I lost while running away from you.

Ugh. He would immediately call the police or someone else to confine this crazy girl. I decided to just forget about this matter.

"Once again, thank you.", I told them.

Dongwoon laughed. "Stop thanking us. It's enough. It was our pleasure, so don't mention it again."

"Okay, guys, we have to go!", Doojoon announced.

I said goodbye to them and watched them leaving. Or rather, I was staring at Yoseob's leaving figure.

"Ha Ni-ssi, shall we go?"

I turned around and saw Wooyoung. "Yeah."

The other 2PM members were walking ahead with the staff members, and Wooyoung and me, we both were walking behind. Eun Mi kept on turning back to watch us. I saw her giggle and then she winked at me. I glance at Wooyoung and his smirk told me that he had seen our little exchange.

Jeez, so embarrassing.

I also noticed that another person was constantly turning back and watching us. But instead of winking, I saw her glaring at me. When we arrived at the hotel, I immediately went to my room after saying good night to everyone. I was so exhausted. Without changing my clothes, I threw myself into the bed.

Gosh, this bed was really comfortable...it was so easy just to fall asleep...

I suddenly heard a knock on the door and immediately sat up.

"Yes?"

"It's me, Wooyoung."

Huh? What did he want at this time? Fortunately, I wasn't already wearing my pyjamas.

I slowly opened the door. "Wooyoung-ssi."

He smiled. "Wanna take a walk with me?"

"Right now?", I asked confusedly.

"Yes. Come on, let's go.", he said and took my hand.

"But -"

"It won't be for too long. Just a little walk.", he interrupted me.

I considered. "Okay, just a little walk."

 

We walk around the little garden of the hotel. We didn't say anything, we were just walking around silently.

After a while I got tired. "Wooyoung-ssi, can we sit down for a while? I'm a bit exhausted."

He nodded. "Sure."

When we sat down, I noticed the little pond right in front of us. There was a small pavilion at the middle of it. With all the lights and the flower, it was really beautiful to look at, even in the darkness. I shivered. Okay, maybe it was colder than I thought. I should have brought a jacket with me. Wooyoung seemed to notice my shivering because he suddenly put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. I leaned my head against his shoulder blade.

Hmmm, he was so warm.

"Did you enjoy your birthday party?", he suddenly asked me.

I threaded my fingers through his. "Yes, it was wonderful. Thank you, Wooyoung-ssi."

He sighed. "When will you drop these formatilities? Stop calling me 'Wooyoung-ssi'."

I smiled. "So, you want me to call you 'Wooyoung Ahjussi' from now on?"

He chuckled. "Hey, I'm not that old."

"So you say." I laughed.

"Ha Ni-ssi?"

"Yes?"

"Do you and Seungho Hyung know each other?"

"We only met once before.", I said.

Why was he suddenly asking me about Seungho?

"Hm. You two seem really...close."

Jeez, don't tell me he was jealous?

I chuckled. "We're actually dating each other right now."

He tensed. "Oh, really?"  He remained silent after this. I tried to hold back my laughter. "Maybe we should head back.", he said after a while.

"Wooyoung Ahjussi, relax. I was just kidding."

"Oh?"

Was that relief that I could hear in his voice? Jeeez, so adorable!

"Ah, I nearly forgot. I've got something for you." He fumbled for something in his pocket. When he found it, he gave it to me with a smile. It was a small box. "Happy Birthday, Ha Ni."

I sat up. "When did you - "

"Just open it already.", he interrupted.

I pouted but opened it nevertheless. I couldn't fight against my curious nature. It was a small red box. I shaked it. Hm, nothing moving around. I finally opened it.

Oh my gosh. How was this possible?

"Do you like it?" He smiled.

"I...how did you know?"

He chuckled. "I saw you staring at the jewelry. While doing this, you were also, I think it was unconsciously, touching your earrings. Fortunately, these earrings were the only ones at the window, that's why it wasn't that difficult for me to find out what you were looking at."

I was astonished. "Not bad, Mr. Holmes."

He chuckled. "I'm just good at observing, nothing more. Come here, let me put on these earrings for you." He took the box out of my hands and started putting on the earrings for me. When he was done, he looked me over. "Perfect. Beautiful earrings for the beautiful girl." He smiled.

I was touched. While hugging him, I pulled him down to me and kissed him. After a while, his lips left mine but he didn't leaned back. His face was still near mine.

"Thank you, Oppa.", I whispered.

"You're welcome." , he said and chuckled. Then his lips met mine again.

And this time we didn't pull away so quickly.

 

Would I call this my best birthday ever?

Yes, definitely.

But it was also the weirdest one. Fate sure was a funny thing, you know. Or how could it be that the one from the past, the one from the present and the one of the future were all gathered on my birthday?

Coincidence? Who knows.