You are my Strength.

A Heart's Own Mind.

 

After several hours, we finally arrived in Korea.

During the whole flight, Wooyoung and me, we didn't speak once. Even when we left the plane, I passed him without saying anything. I didn't dare to look at him. And I hated myself for being so weak.

"Eonni-ah, don't do this to him.", Eun Mi said and linked arms with me.

"Doing what exactly?", I asked, pretending to not know.

She sighed. "Avoiding him. You two should speak to each other. Whatever happened, don't be mad at him."

I abruptly turned to her. "NO!" Then I noticed that I was too loud and whispered to her: "It's not like that. I'm not mad. It's just...I'm too ashamed of myself for behaving like a cry-baby. I was too weak. I don't know if I have the courage to face him now."

And there were also the things Kyung Mi said to me.

"Everybody is allowed to be weak once a while. And you were attacked by angry fans. So it's not a surprise to have a mental breakdown."

I smiled ruefully. "Thank you for being so understanding, Eun Mi."

"I'm always here if you need me, Eonni.", she said and winked.  She hesitated for a moment. "So, will you...?"

"I will speak with him when I have re-arranged myself." I sighed. "Don't want him to run away after seeing me like this: totally messy with bloodshot eyes."

Eun Mi smacked me lightly and laughed. "Eonni you babo, he won't care."

"I really hope so." I laughed.

 

My Dad was waiting for me in front of the airport. I ran to him and hugged him. "Dad, I've missed you!"

He laughed. "Calm down, I can't breathe! And by the way, didn't you say you were too old to behave like this?"

"You are never too old to hug your Dad.", I said and smiled.

He patted my head. "And? How was Japan?"

"It was great! There are so many things I have to tell you. And I have to call Yuri, too! But let's talk at home, I have to say goodbye to the other first.", I said and re-entered the airport.

The staff members were sitting at a café.

"Ha Ni-ah, come and join us!", Jin Ae said when she saw me.

"I'm so sorry but I have to go now. My Dad is waiting for me outside. I just wanted to say goodbye to you all. I had a great time in Japan."

"It's okay, just go home and rest. We will see each other later."

"And don't forget what you said earlier. About you-know-who.", Eun Mi added.

"I will, don't worry. Okay, then goodbye, everyone!" I looked around.

"They're not here. No need to search for them.", Kyung Mi said and smiled. So, that was how an evil smile looked like. Creepy.

"Sorry, the guys had to leave early because of practice.", Eun Mi said and glared at Kyung Mi.

"Without rest? They just arrived!", I said.

Jin Ae sighed. "Tight schedule. Poor guys, I know, but they are used to it by now."

Being an idol was really hard. When I was younger, I always thought that idols had an easy life. They just had to sing and appear on some shows and they could enjoy living extravagantly. But it wasn't as flashy as it seemed. They had to work really hard to maintain such a lifestyle. And they didn't lived so extravagantly. Sometimes being put into small dorms and having strict diet sheets was all they got.

"Maybe I will see them later. Goodbye!", I said and left.

Yeah, maybe.

 

"...and the food was sooo delicious! And all the malls! Omo, it was like paradise! I never saw so many pretty clothes!", I gushed. We were now at home and preparing dinner while I told him about my adventure.

"I see, you had a great time in Japan." My Dad chuckled and gave me a cup of tea. Then he sat down next to me and his smile faded a bit. "Do you want to talk about something...else?"

"What do you mean, Dad?", I asked confusedly.

He sighed. "I read something...on the internet, you know."

Ah, crap. News really did spread fast.

I looked down. "I'm okay, Dad. I was just shocked but I'm okay now."

"Are you sure? I can see that you're still upset, little nightingale. I may not be your Mom, or Yuri, but you can still talk with me."

"I'm really okay. I just need a little bit time to cope with it."

He sighed again. "If you need anything, just tell me, okay?"

"Okay.", I said and smiled.

He looked at his watch and stood up. "Sorry, dear, I have to go now. Work's calling. Will you be okay on your own?"

I laughed. "Dad, I'm 20! I'm not a little kid anymore."

"Yeah, how time flies.", he said and left.

 

I was unpacking my luggage when suddenly the phone rang. I sprinted downstairs. "Yeoboseyo?"

"Am I talking to Ms. Jung right now?"

"Yes."

"Lee Hyun Shik-ssi wants to arrange a meeting with you this evening."

"I understand. Please tell him that I'll be there."

After hanging up, I went upstairs again. I couldn't concentrate on unpacking my stuff because I was too nervous. I would finally know if I got the pemanent place or not. I would finally know if I could continue working with Eun Mi, Jin Ae, 2PM...and especially Wooyoung.

Maybe it would be better if you just leave and disappear from his life.

I shook my head. Ha Ni, stop thinking about that!

Did I want to leave? No. Should I leave? I...jeez, this was too complicated! 

I sighed. Wooyoung, what should I do now?

Suddenly the door rang. Hm? Who could that be? I ran downstairs and looked through the peephole but didn't see anybody. Was that supposed to be a joke? I went upstairs again. But after a while the door bell rang once again.

Jeez, that wasn't funny anymore!

I took my bat and went downstairs. After looking through the peehole and seeing nobody again, I slowly opened the door with one hand, while the other hand was holding the bat. I know, it was stupid to open the door but I was just too curious. And I had a bat. So no need to worry. I took one step outside and looked around.

Nobody.

I was slightly annoyed. After looking around for a while and still seeing nobody, I turned around and went back inside. But before I could enter, I stepped on something.

Huh?

I looked down and saw a rose. There was something white at the stipe. A letter? I took it and read.

 

Ha Ni, come to the park next to your house.

W.

 

Oh my gosh. Was that a letter from Wooyoung? Was he really waiting in the park right now? But it could also be a ert or something. Many people knew I was involved with Wooyoung after the incident in Japan. And finding my adresse wasn't that difficult with the help of the internet nowadays. Scary.

Should I really go? Maybe not but what if Wooyoung was really waiting for me? Jeez, what to do now? I looked down at my bat. And smiled. It was decided. I would go.

When I arrived at the park, I looked around. Nobody was here.

Hm, maybe it was a just joke after all. Great. I carried a bat all this way for nothing. Just when I was about to go back home,  I heard strange noises. I turned to the left and saw someone moving towards me. Oh crap, that was definitely not Wooyoung. This person was nearly 1,90m tall. He was coming closer. It was definitely a man. And he was frowning at me. My heart started beating faster and I gripped the bat very tightly. When he was only a few steps away from me, I saw his hands moving. He was taking something out of his pocket. I panicked. But I couldn't run away. I was totally frozen.

Stupid Ha Ni, that was what you got for being so curious.

I was prepared for everything, when the man suddenly passed me while mumbling "Crazy girls nowadays. Walking around with a bat."

What the heck? I turned around and saw him taking out a phone from his pocket. Oh. Talking about being stupid. Maybe I should stop watching so many movies.

"Ha Ni? Why are you carrying a bat with you?", a voice behind me suddenly asked.

I turned around. "Wooyoung-ssi? You are here?"

"Yeah, I was waiting for you. By the way, why did you take so long?", he asked and chuckled.

I was astonished. "I...I thought someone was playing a prank."

"So, that's why you're carrying a bat with you?"

"Hey, better safe than sorry." I said and smiled.

He came closer and his face suddenly turned serious. "Are you okay?"

I turned away. "Yeah, I'm fone. Let's not talk about this now, okay?"

"I see-", he said and sighed. "Follow me, I have something I want to show you." He took my hand and led me into the park. After a while we stopped in the middle of the park. "This is for you, Ha Ni-ah."

I was astonished. Right in front of me was a little pavillon. I slowly walked to the pavillon and saw a blanket on the floor. On the blanket was a basket with food and there was another rose.

"This is for me?", I asked.

Wooyoung hugged me from behind. "Yes, this is for my Ha Ni. Do you like it?"

I turned around and gave him a peck. "Yeah, it's wonderful. Thank you."

He grinned. Then he suddenly placed his hand under my chin and raised it. "I'm sorry but don't you think I deserve more than a peck with this surprise?"

I grinned back. "Oh, are we being bold again? Hm, I don't know, I somehow don't feel like giving you more than a peck today."

"Oh, really?", he asked. Then his lips were on mine. Everytime he kissed me, my mind went blank. I instinctively put my arms around his neck, pulling him closer again. After what we've been through, I really need to feel his touch again. Something to assure me that it was real. That we were real.

He stopped kissing me and chuckled. "I thought you didn't feel like giving me more than a peck?"

"Way to ruin the moment, Oppa.", I said and sighed. "Now I really don't feel like kissing you anymore." I tok a step back and  turned around. "I'm hungry. Let's eat, Oppa.", I said and sat down on the blanket.

He chuckled again and joined me.

 

"What do you think? Did you passed the probation period?"

Wooyoung was lying on his back with his entwined hands behind his head. I was sitting next to him, leaning on his bent legs. We were talking about Japan, leaving out the incident, and I told him about my probation period.

"I don't know. I made many mistakes." I sighed. I didn't told him about Kyung Mi. I wasn't sure if he would believe. Even if he did, nobody else would.

"Everybody makes mistakes. You are a good stylist, they can't fire you because of such little things."

I laughed bitterly. "I wouldn't call them 'little things'. And it's not like it only happened once. It happened like every day."

"But you checked the clothes, didn't you?"

"Yes."

He frowned. "Then how could this happen? I don't understand it."

"Me neither." I sighed.

Should I tell him about Kyung Mi? Better not, I didn't have any evidence to prove my 'assumption'I could only hope that the staff manager would overlook these mistakes.

"Wooyoung Oppa?", I asked after a while.

"Hm?"

"What would you do if I don't get the permanent place? What would happen with us?"

"Nothing will change."

"But don't you think that it will be complicated? Your busy schedule...and we won't see each other that much..."

He sat up. "Why? Do you want to break up?"

I was taken aback by his directness. Why was he so worked up? "No, of course not.", I said.

"Then stop talking like that. Stop doubting us."

I sighed. "Oppa, I'm not doubting us. I'm just...being realistic. Please consider, we won't see each other that much. Not like now."

"So, and that'won't be enough for you, huh?"

He was hurt. Great, Ha Ni, just great. "It is." I turned away. "I just don't want to be a burden to you."

I heard him sighing. He placed a hand on my cheek and turned my head around to face him. "You are not a burden to me. You never were and never will. Quite the contrary, you are my strength, Ha Ni-ah." He smiled. "You give me strength with your smile. I wouldn't have endured all the stress otherwise."

I smirked. "You did it before. I mean, before you got to know me."

"But now I can't live without it."

"Well, then I'm sorry for turning your life upside down." I chuckled.

He smiled. "No, I have to thank you for it." He came closer until his face was only inches away from mine. I slowly closed my eyes bracing myself for a kiss. He chuckled and gave me a peck on the cheek.

What the heck? I couldn't hide my disappointment.

"Oh? Didn't you say that you only want pecks today or am I wrong?" He grinned.

Ah, this rascal was driving me crazy!

Okay, this game can be played by two. I quickly turned around and pretended to sob. He suddenly stopped chuckling. "Ha Ni, you okay?" When I didn't answer him, he slowly approached me and put a hand on my shoulder. "Ha Ni-ah, what's going on?"

Gotcha!

I quickly turned around, put a hand on his cheek and kissed him. But I only gave him a short kiss. This rascal needed to learn his lesson.

"1:0 for me, I guess.", I said when we broke apart.

He chuckled. "Not bad, but I'm better." Then he suddenly started tickling me.

"Oppa! Please stop!", I said and laughed.

"2:1 for me now, I guess."

 

We stayed at the park for approximately two hours.

I looked at my watch. "Hm, I have to go now. My meeting with the staff manager will be in an hour and I have to get ready."

"I have to go, too. The next practice will start soon. Do you want me to accompany you?"

"No, just go ahead. I still have an hour left."

He smiled. "Okay. Don't forget to call me after the meeting."

"I won't forget it. You should go now, or you'll be late."

We kissed goodbye. Whenever he was about to end our kiss, I puled him closer to me, not wanting to let him go. He chuckled against my lips and deepened the kiss. After what felt like an eternity, we slowly broke apart, though our faces were still only a few inches away from each other.

"Ha Ni?", he whispered after a while.

"Hm?"

"Don't forget your bat."

 

****************************************************************

A/N:

Initially, I intended to write one Chapter but in the end it always turns out to be 2 Chapters keke

I hope you don't mind xD

And for all those who are Seungho & Yoseob biased, don't worry, they'll appear again soon :>

Please continue to support me & my story 

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')   Bye-yeom ~