Background

Runaway

"This year will be great! We'll be expanding to the US!" Mina's father said while putting his fork down.

Mina didn't pay any attention to the conversation at all. It was business again. All they ever talked about as a family was business - even on christmas!

"Honey." Her mother called her from the other side of the table.

Mina looked up chewing on her steak.

"We'll be moving to the states!" Her mother clapped excited and smiled at her.

"What?!" Mina's jaw dropped.

"Close your mouth. You heard your mom." Her father said without looking at her and cutting his steak.

"How can you decide without asking me?" Mina hit her table with her fork.

"I don't see a reason to ask you." Her father looked at her.

"Oh right, I forgot, I'm just someone who's going to inherit the company one day. Just like any other employee." Mina said angrily.

"You're not like any other employee, Mina. You live in this house with us." Her father said.

"Like our maids." Mina said and got up.

"Mina!" Her mother said.

"I'm full thanks!" Mina stomped out of the room and ran upstairs into her room.

She opened her laptop and saw her best friend - Lyn - online on Skype.

'Lyn.....' She typed.

'Sup babe~' 

'I'm moving to the States.' Mina typed.

Suddenly she got a video call from Lyn. She answered it and Lyn's terrified face appeared on the screen.

"HOLY ING !" Lyn yelled.

"I knoooooooooooooooow!" Mina ruffled her hair.

"You can't leave me, boo!" 

"I don't wanna leave you, man!" Mina sighed.

"Oh baby! Wanna come over?" Lyn asked her.

"I don't think I can leave the house today.... Had a little fight with my dad..." Mina said.

"Oh ..." Lyn sighed.

"I sometimes really hate my parents, you know..." Mina said and Lyn frowned.

"I know they mean well but they don't ask me..." 

"Uhmmm... Mina..." Lyn said.

"No, it's my turn to talk!" Mina interrupted Lyn.

"But Mina-"

"You know all they care about is their ing business nobody cares about me... I'm human too! But first of all I'm their daughter not someone who's just going to inherit this ing company! I have dreams, too! I'm sick and tired of following their dream... That's not what I want!" Mina sighed.

"Mina-"

"I want to be a dancer! I don't want to own a company!" Mina cried.

"Mina." Mina heard her mother.

"M-Mum..." She turned around surprised.

"Close the computer, we need to talk." Her mother glared at her.

"Yes, mom... I talk to you later, Lyn." Mina said and Lyn waved as Mina closed the chat.

"I don't want you to talk to that girl again. She's a bad influence to you." Her mother said.

"You have no idea." Mina sighed and turned back to her desk.

"Look at me when I talk to you!" Her mother's voice got louder.

Mina slowly turned around.

"I know, this happened too fast but we already booked the tickets for the flight and we found you a nice school." Her mother sat down on her bed.

"Nice school... Sure... Let me think... Business school, right?" Mina smiled ironically.

"Mina!" Her mother scolded her.

"What, mom?!" Mina asked annoyed.

"I have enough of this! You can't be a dancer! You were born into this family to inherit your dad's company! You're going to marry a decent business man and continue to live your life! There is no place in your life for dancing!" Her mother got up and scolded her with a loud voice.

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!" Mina got up as well and yelled at her mom.

"I CAN BECAUSE I AM YOUR MOTHER! YOU CAN START PACKING YOUR THINGS YOU WANT TO TAKE WITH YOU AND THAT'S IT!" Her mother yelled and slammed the door shut as she walked out.

"OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!" Mina yelled and walked out of her room.

She rushed out of the houses and ran towards Lyn's house. When she arrived there she pressed the doorbell quickly and Lyn's mother opened the door.

"Mina?" She asked surprised.

"Hello, Mrs. Park, is Lyn at home?" Mina asked pretending she didn't know.

"Sure, she's upstairs." Mrs. Park opened the door wider and Mina walked in.

"Thanks, Mrs. Park." Mina said as she rushed upstairs.

She opened Lyn's door with a loud bump and Lyn looked up from her game - she was playing Diablo for the nth time again.

"Damn, Mina, you scared me." Lyn put her headphones away and got up.

"You're dying." Mina said pointing at the screen.

"It's okay... I've played it enough... What happened? Why are you here? What did your mom say?" Lyn asked and Mina sat down on Lyn's bed.

"Just the same ..." Mina layed down on Lyn's bed and tears started to flow down from her cheeks.

"Hey, boo, you're crying." Lyn layed down next to her.

"I'm sick and tired." Mina sobbed.

She didn't know she was holding back so much.

"They just do whatever they want. You know I'm turning 20 next year..." Mina cried and Lyn hugged her.

"Cry as much as you want baby, I'm here." Lyn hugged her.

"I don't want to live without you." Mina said.

"I don't want to live without you either." Lyn sighed.

"You know what my mom said?! She said I was going to marry a decent business man!" Mina cried.

Lyn sighed and hugged her tighter.

"I wish I was you. Your parents are so nice...." Mina hugged Lyn back.

"Hmmm..." Lyn said as she patted Mina's back.

Then they heard someone knocking on the door.

"Yes?" Lyn asked and they got up.

Mina wiped her tears away quickly and Lyn's mother looked into the room.

"Hey, beauties, I have some fruit for you." She smiled.

Mina's eyes were red and puffy but Lyn's mother acted like nothing happened. That's what Mina loved about Lyn's parents. They know when to say something and when to do something. They are always there and you can just cry without needing an explanation.

"Thank you, mom." Lyn took the bowl.

"Thanks, Mrs. Park." Mina tried to smile.

"My beautiful girls!" Mrs. Park hugged them and walked out.

"I love your mom.... More than I love you." Mina said and they cracked up.

Lyn gave Mina a peeled orange and Mina ate it.

"Even the fruits at your house are delicious." Mina sighed.

"Ya! Come on, now! We buy the same fruits from the same store like you." Lyn lightly nudged Mina's head.

"But they were prepared with love." Mina smiled.

"Eeeewwww, that sounds cheesy, dude." Lyn laughed and Mina had to laugh as well.

"Living together with you would be so awesome." Mina said.

"I know, right!" Lyn laughed.

"I'm serious, dude!" Mina nudged Lyn with her shoulder.

"Yeah... You and I living together... All by ourselves." Lyn sighed.

"Wanna try?" Mina grinned.

"What?" Lyn asked taken aback.

"Living with me alone." Mina grinned wider.

"Okay, that's not funny anymore... You're creepy stop grinning like that at me!" Lyn pushed Mina's face away.

"Hey, I said I was serious!" Mina got up.

"Mina..." Lyn got serious.

"Lyn..." Mina looked at her.

"Mina, your parents will kill us if we say we want to live together with you..." Lyn said.

"Then we won't tell them." Mina grabbed Lyn's arm excited.

"Mina... I don't know what you're thinking but-"

"Oh come on, Lyn, you know what I'm talking about..." Mina said.

"Minaaaaaaaaa..." Lyn sighed.

"Lyn, just imagine, you and me living together. I can follow my dream as a dancer, we could go to the same university, you'd be studying computer science like you always wanted and I could study Music... We'd be both happy. We wouldn't lose each other." Mina said.

"It would be really great, Mina, but your parents..." Lyn sighed.

"Let's be runaways... Then they couldn't catch us..." Mina said.

"You guys are rich, whatever they do they would find us in an instant. No Mina, I'm sorry but we can't." Lyn got up.

"Fine! Then I'll run away by myself!" Mina got up.

"Hey, Mina." Lyn grabbed her arm.

"I don't need a scaredy cat!" Mina glared at her and left her room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was already past midnight by now. Mina made sure that everyone was asleep when she tiptoed back into her room and got her big luggage out. She opened her big wardrobe and randomly put her things inside when she suddenly heard a knock on her balcony door. She slowly turned around, afraid to see a demon or something outside. The person knocked again and soon Mina knew who it was. She quickly opened the door and let Lyn in. 

"What are you doing here?" Mina asked her.

"You have no ing idea! I had to climb the wall at the backyard of your house and then the tree here..." Lyn showed her the tree next to her balcony.

"What's with the bagpack?" Mina pointed at Lyn's big bagpack.

"Idiot! Do you think I can live without you?" Lyn nudged Mina's forehead with her finger.

"I love yooooooooooooooou!" Mina hugged her tightly.

"Hey, idiot, how do you plan on escaping with a luggage like this?!" Lyn asked her.

"Don't worry, I already planned it all. The security guy changes at point 1AM every night. When the change happens we'll take the chance and escape as fast as possible." Mina explained.

"Smart... Now hurry up! There's only around 10 minutes left for 1AM!" Lyn said and helped Mina packing her things.

When they were done, they quickly tiptoed downstairs. Mina watched the security guy leaving his place and made a sign for Lyn to follow her. They quickly run across the frontyard and arrived at the gates. Lyn opened them slightly, just enough for them to fit through.

"From today on, we're runaways!" Mina whispered excited as she and Lyn made their way out from Mina's parent's house.

"I swear, I'm gonna kill you if we ever get caught!" Lyn sighed.

"Don't worry~ Hurry up!" Mina ran out into the dark streets.

Lyn looked back at Mina's house again and sighed.

"You're gonna miss your life, Mina." Lyn said as she grabbed Mina's hand.

"I don't think so.... This is what I always wanted. Going out and living my dream as a dancer." Mina smiled at Lyn and pressed her hand reassuring her that everything was fine. Lyn smiled back and they made their way towards the big bus terminal.

 

A/N: soooo here is the first chapter~ how did you like it so far? i knooow this has been a short chapter but I promise they'll be longer from now on~ i wanted to show you some of Mina's background before getting really into the story :D 

leave me your comments~ no silent readers please :D and subscribe if you haven't yet :P

thank yoooou~ <3