Don't Call Me Like That

Runaway

"The phone's on my name, sir." Jackson said to the police officer.

They were at the principle's office in the middle of the night reporting the burglary. Only Mina, Jackson, the principle and a police officer were in the room. Lyn and Mark were waiting in front of the door. 

The police officer took some notes and nodded.

"And you were all by yourself?" He asked Mina and she nodded.

"What were you doing?"

"I was taking a shower when I heard some noises... At first I thought it was my roommate but when I got out no one was there and the person probably dropped the chair while rushing out. I had left my phone on the table but when I walked out of the shower it was gone." Mina explained playing nervously with her hands.

Jackson noticed it and held her hand. She looked at him and he smiled slightly.

"Okay, miss Gu. We'll look into this, but I gotta say that it'll be difficult since it was probably someone within the school." The police officer got up and everyone got up as well.

"Okay." Mina bowed and the police officer bowed too and left the office.

"Miss Gu, I'm really sorry for what had happened..." The principle apologised.

"Mr. Shin, it's not your fault. I should have locked the door." Mina smiled slightly.

"Take a good rest tonight. You might stay at your dorm room for tomorrow if you want to." He smiled at her as he patted her shoulder. 

Mina bowed and Jackson hugged her shoulders and they walked out of the office. Mark and Lyn quickly walked up to them.

"Are you okay?" Lyn asked and she nodded looking at Mark.

He smiled at her slightly and she felt better. 

"I'm fine." Mina then looked at Jackson and he looked at her.

"You can let my shoulders go." She laughed and Jackson let her go smiling. 

"Should we stay with you guys tonight?" Jackson asked and Mina shook her head.

"We're fine, don't worry." She said and held onto Lyn's arm as they walked out.

"Lyn, let us please know if something happens." Mark said and Lyn nodded.

Then they arrived at the girls' dorm and the boys said their goodbyes as the girls walked in. 

"Poor Mina looked pretty shocked." Jackson sighed.

"Yeah... She looks so strong from outside but I think she's fragile inside." Mark sighed too and Jackson looked at him.

"How do you know her so well?" Jackson raised an eyebrow.

"I-I don't..." Mark stuttered.

It wasn't a lie though. He really didn't know her that well yet.

"Hmmmm..." Jackson looked suspicious at him.

"What? Let's go, I'm tired." Mark said and walked with big steps towards the boys dorm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mina attended school the next day. She was walking out of their room with Lyn when Lyn's phone rang.

"Yes?" She quickly answered.

Mina didn't pay any attention to Lyn's conversation and walked ahead. She just walked into the school building when Minjoon grabbed her by her shoulders.

"Sup beauty?" He smiled.

"Oh, hey." Mina smiled half-heartedly.

"You look pretty bad today." Minjoon furrowed.

He tried to make a joke but he was serious though.

"Well thanks..." Mina laughed.

"I had a long night..." She sighed.

"Hmm, I know." He nodded as they walked together towards their class.

"What?" She asked confused.

"The whole school knows... Everyone's talking about it." He looked at her.

"Oh great..." She sighed. 

They walked into class and everyone looked at her. She hid her face with her hair. Minjoon took notice of that and held her by her waist, leading her quickly to her seat. Then he placed himself next to her and Mina quickly thanked him. Some girls were whispering with each other and kept stealing glances at Mina. She sighed and hid herself behind her books. Just then the teacher walked in and immediately started the lesson.
After classes finished Lyn rushed up to her.

"Everyone is talking about you." She said a little worried.

"Tell me something I don't know..." Mina sighed.

"GOT7 is away, so you don't have dancing class today." Lyn smiled.

"Who told you?"

"Jinyoung kinda called me this morning... I wanted to tell you but you were long gone..." Lyn blushed.

"Okay, and you say that nothing's going on between you guys?" Mina raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"Yes..." Lyn blushed and looked away.

Mina just laughed and shook her head.

"Well, I'm going to look for a part time job." Mina said.

"We wanted to go together..." Lyn pouted. 

"Yeah but our schedules don't really fit... And, well, I got some money for being on stage with GOT7 but it's not enough, you know..." Mina sighed.

"But.." Lyn sighed.

"It's okay, I'll go with her." Minjoon appeared out of nowhere. 

Lyn and Mina looked surprised at him. He smiled at them.

"I-I'm totally fine by myself..." Mina blushed.

"No, no, it's better to let Minjoon oppa go with you." Lyn agreed with Minjoon. 

Minjoon smiled brightly.

"Thanks for betraying." Mina quietly hissed at Lyn but she just giggled.

"Shall we go?" Minjoon offered his arm to her.

"Y-Yeah... Let's go." Sooyoung blushed and quickly walked away while ignoring Minjoon's offer.

Lyn giggled and Minjoon sighed. He quickly waved at her and rushed to Mina.

"Where will you start looking?" He asked her.

"I don't know... I first wanted to look around in the neighbourhood, you know, so I don't have to drive with the bus when I have to work late into the night." Mina said and they walked out of the gates.

"But, your parents-"

"I don't like talking about them. I'm independent." Mina quickly said.

They walked a little while without talking when Mina saw a little book store. A little white paper was on the window saying that they were looking for a worker. Mina quickly walked in and bowed at the guy who was putting books back. He bowed back as he saw them.

"How can I help you?" He asked her.

"Hello, my name is Gu Mina. I saw the paper at the window. You are looking for a part time worker?" She asked.

"Oh that...." The guy walked to the window and took it down.

"Another student came this morning and he got the job, I'm sorry." The boy said with sad eyes.

"It's fine. Thank you." Mina smiled and bowed.

They walked out with Minjoon and Minjoon scoffed.

"Why hang out a paper like this when you aren't looking for someone?!" He said.

"Maybe he just forgot... It can happen." She smiled at him.

"Are you always this nice?" He asked her laughing slightly as they continued walking.

Mina didn't know what to say so she just laughed. As they walked a little more she saw a coffee shop. A middleaged woman was hanging a sign at the window where she wrote down that she was looking for a part time worker. Mina's eyes sparkled and she ran towards the shop. She walked in and immediately bowed.

"Hello, I saw you hanging the sign..." Mina smiled pointing at he window.

"Ah, yes." The woman smiled at her.

"I... I really want to work here." She said.

The woman looked at her and then looked at Minjoon. Minjoon awkwardly smiled and bowed as well.

"You both might start today." The woman smiled and walked to the window to take the sign down.

"B-Both...?" Mina turned around surprised.

"Yes, thank you." Minjoon bowed quickly.

Mina looked at him confused and he winked at her. The woman walked towards the back of the shop and told them to follow her. They obeyed the orders and the woman lead them to a room where they could change into their work clothes.

"This apron is for you..." She gave an apron to Mina.

"And this one's for you." She gave Minjoon his apron.

She explained them what they had to do a little bit and soon had to leave the shop for some other work. Mina was cleaning some tables as Minjoon was behind the counter, taking orders from customers. Suddenly he pulled Mina into the room where they were changing their clothes.

"Ya... The shop is full..." Mina said surprised.

"I called you so many times but you didn't hear me." Minjoon laughed.

"Here... Lyn's on the phone." He gave her his phone and walked back out.

"Hello?" Mina said.

"Ya! Where are you?!" Lyn asked worried.

"I started working at the coffee shop, close to our school. I'm sorry but I couldn't call you because I don't have my phone." Mina laughed.

"When are you coming back?" Lyn sighed.

"In a few hours, why?"

"Everyone was looking for you today. I guess JYP wants to meet you again..." Lyn said.

"Let me guess, Jr. told you?" Mina laughed out loud.

"Well, not this time. Mark told me."

"Oh... Did he tell you something else?" Mina blushed asking.

"Ohooo... I have to disappoint you but no... He didn't tell me anything else." Lyn laughed.

"What disappoint?" Mina rolled her eyes.

"Anyways I don't think I can leave before 9PM. I'll visit the boys on my way back." Mina said.

"Okay, I see you tonight." Lyn said.

"See you." Mina said and hung up.

Then she walked back out and gave the phone back to Minjoon. She got back to work and without realising it was 9PM. Their boss walked into the shop with two other boys.

"Guys, these are Minjoon and Mina, they started today. Mina, Minjoon these are Jihoon and Dabin. You two can leave now, I'll see you tomorrow again." Mrs. Geum, their boss, said and walked upstairs to her office.

Mina and Minjoon quickly bowed at the two of them and Minjoon lightly pushed Mina towards the changing room, followed by Jihoon and Dabin.

"Are you two dating?" Dabin asked taking his shirt off.

Mina's eyes widened in surprise and she quickly looked away. Minjoon looked at Mina and waited for her to reply but she got so surprised that she forgot to answer.

"Ya, ya, they are! Look how no one's replying." Jihoon laughed.

"W-We're not." Mina quickly took her apron off and put it into the locker she got from Mrs.Geum.

Then she grabbed her jacket and her bag and walked out. Minjoon bowed back at them and rushed after Mina.

"Are you okay?" He asked as they were walking next to each other.

Mina looked at him and nodded smiling.

"So....... What are you going to do now?" Minjoon asked as he put his hands into his pockets.

"I need to see GOT7 first... Lyn said that Mark was looking for me." Mina said and bit her lower lip.

"Mark?" Minjoon asked confused.

"Yeah... I guess it's just something about dancing." Mina said and they quickly reached the school gates.

"Oppa..." She stopped and turned around towards Minjoon.

"Oppa? Okay, what do you want?" Minjoon laughed.

Mina giggled.

"I need to go to the boys dorm but there will be girls there probably at the front. Is it okay if you could kinda... Pretend that we're going in together?" Mina asked him.

Minjoon looked at her for a while and nodded, looking a little disappointed.

"Sure." He said and continued walking.

Mina walked next to him and just as she had thought, a few girls were in front of the dorm. Mina walked closer to Minjoon and they walked towards the dorm. They were about to enter a girl called Minjoon.

"T-This is for you..." The girl looked down and gave him a heart-shaped box.

Minjoon looked confused and took the box.

"O-Oppa..." The girl called him again as he and Mina wanted to walk in.

"Is she your girlfriend? Why are you guys always together?"

Minjoon looked at Mina and smiled.

"She's not..." He said as he looked down and took a deep breath.

Then they turned around and walked in. When the entrance door of the dorm closed, Mina turned around and looked at Minjoon and grinned.

"Someone got a fan..." She laughed.

"Here, take it." He gave her the box.

"No, no, it's from your lover." Mina was mocking him.

Minjoon rolled his eyes and laughed.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He waved at her as he walked into his room.

Mina waved back and rushed upstairs to GOT7. She knocked at the door and Youngjae opened the door.

"Noona?" He asked a little confused.

"Mina?" Jackson walked to the door.

"I heard you guys were looking for me today... But I guess now's not the right time." She said awkwardly.

"No, no, come in. We were just confused to see you here, so unexpected." Jackson laughed.

Mina walked in and sat down on a chair. Just then Mark walked out of his room, still in his jeans and with a jacket on.

"Hyung, where are you going?" Youngjae asked.

"M-Mina?... I was going out to take some fresh air..." Mark said his eyes on Mina.

She got up as she saw him. Jackson looked at them.

"Hm, okay. I'm going to sleep... You guys should sleep too..." Youngjae said and walked away.

"I didn't expect you here..." Mark said slowly as he walked towards them.

Jackson yawned and rubbed his face.

"Mina, is it okay if I go to sleep as well?" Jackson turned towards her and looked at her, his eyes totally red.

"Of course! You look really tired! I'll be leaving now too. Good night." She quickly said and walked to the door.

Jackson waved at her and smiled as he walked towards his and Mark's room. Mina grabbed the doorhandle as she felt someone holding her back. She slowly turned around and saw Mark.

"Do you have some time?" He whispered.

Mina looked at him dumbfounded and nodded. He grabbed the doorhandle and opened the door. Then he grabbed Mina's wrist and walked out with her.

"I'll be leaving from the boys' washroom, because of the girls at the front door. We'll meet at the wall." He said to her and Mina nodded.

Mark disappeared into the boys' washroom and Mina walked out. As she opened the door, the girls quickly got up, in hopes to see their oppas. They all sighed disappointed when they saw Mina. She quickly rushed to the wall behind the dorms and saw Mark waiting there for her. They climbed over and started to walk.

"Lyn told me that you guys were looking for me, is something with JYP? Another stage performance?" She asked him.

Mark looked at her and shook his head.

"What is it then?" She asked curiously.

Mark stopped walking and looked at her.

"Mark?" Mina asked him again.

"Don't call me like that..." He looked away from her and she could swear that she saw tears in his eyes.

"W-Why? Did something happen?" Mina looked worried.

Mark looked at her and smiled.

"Call me Yi-Eun." He said.

"Yi-Eun?" She asked confused.

"It's my other name... People usually don't call me like that but... I like hearing it." He sighed and continued walking.

"Yi-Eun... Sounds pretty." Mina smiled.

Then they quietly continued walking until they reached a street food stand.

"Do you want some Dukbokki?" Mark smiled.

"Hmm, I didn't eat anything during work." Mina held her stomach and smiled.

"Okay, it's on me!" Mark said and grabbed his mask from his pocket and put it on.

Then they walked to the lady working there and ordered two servings. While the woman was preparing it Mark turned towards Mina.

"Wait, did you say working?" He had his eyebrows raised.

"Yup, I started at the coffee shop near our school." Mina's eyes were on the Dukbokki's.

"When did you start? Are the people there nice?" Mark asked.

"I started today and Minjoon oppa is there with me, so everything's fine." She looked at him.

"Minjoon oppa..." Mark said and turned his head towards the Dukbokkis.

The lady gave them their two servings and Mark paid for it. Then they continued walking.

"How was your stage today?" Mina asked as they were walking.

Soon they reached a big park and sat down on the benches.

"It was good, you didn't watch it?" Mark pouted.

"I told you, I was working." Mina laughed and gave one Dukbokki to Mark.

He smiled and took it. Then he decided to feed her, too.

"I have my own Dukbokki." She said shaking her head.

"But you just fed me, although I have my own Dukbokki, too." Mark smiled.

"I wanted you to shut up because you're stupid." She laughed.

"Woow... Thanks for liking me so much." He rolled his eyes and laughed too.

"Shall we go to the karaoke bar?" Mark asked smiling brightly.

"It's late already. You need to get your sleep." Mina said.

"I'm fine..." Mark looked at her.

"Not tonight... Maybe another time." Mina smiled and finished her Dukbokki.

She looked up at the sky and sighed thinking of her parents. What were they doing, not looking for her? Suddenly Mark put his head on her shoulder. Mina looked at him but Mark wasn't looking at her.

"Thanks for being here with me." He said.

Mina felt slightly awkward and continued to look at the sky. Mark sighed.

"My parents are coming this weekend." He said.

"That's great!" Mina smiled slightly looking at him.

He got up and looked at her.

"It is..." He whispered and turned around to face her.

"I want to introduce you to them." He suddenly said.

Mina choked and Mark panicked. Then she calmed down and looked at him.

"You want to- What?!" She asked again.

"I just want them to know that I found nice friends here and that they shouldn't worry about me." He said and turned back.

"Ah..." Mina nodded, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"They are nice people. You can meet my two sisters too and my little brother." He smiled at her.

Mina could see how excited he was for meeting his family again and she didn't really want to interrupt them when they were meeting.

"You won't be a burden or something..." Mark laughed and Mina's eyes widened.

Can he read my mind? She thought but then shook her head, knowing that this was impossible.

"Okay..." Mina smiled at him.

Mark smiled again and leaned back.

A/N: i'm sorry for the so late update T^T and it's a short chapter :( i still hope you liked it and i'd appreciate it, if you'd leave me your thoughts as comments :) thanks ^^