I Guess I Didn't Love You As Much

Runaway

"You will call me at least once a week, did you get it?" Mina's mother asked her.

They were in a big black Sedan, in front of the school. Mina was able to leave the hospital a few days after Mark. As soon as she got out, she called Mark, but just like the days before, he didn't answer his phone. Something was off and Mina knew it but she just hoped that he was plainly too busy to answer her calls. Her mother continued giving her instructions but Mina stopped listening. 

"If you don't do one of these things, I'll get you out of here, got it?" Her mother glared at her.

"Yes, mam." Mina rolled her eyes.

"You may go." Her mother said and Mina got out of the car.

Her eyes immediately landed on Minjoon who was waiting for her at the gates. He waved and smiled at her. Then he slowly walked up to her and hugged her.

"Let me go!" Mina hissed quietly into his ear.

"Your mother is watching! Stay quiet!" He whispered back into her ear and then let her go.

Minjoon grabbed her bag from her hands and bowed at Mina's mother who was watching them from inside the car. She smiled back and waved at them and then the car drove off. Mina started walking towards the dorm without even talking to Minjoon. He rushed up to her and tried to start a small talk but Mina was completely ignoring him. 

"Mina." Minjoon grabbed her wrist as he turned her around.

"I'm sorry." He said and let her wrist go.

Mina turned around and looked at him. 

"You've been telling my mom everything that I've been doing! She knows where I work and which school I attend because of you! She found me when I didn't want to be found by her! I'm sorry but I can't forgive you." She said and Minjoon looked down.

"I didn't choose this, okay? I wish I could make your dreams come true the way you want it but I can't. There's too much pressure from your parents and my parents. Your parents found out where you stayed and sent me here! I had good friends at my other school but I came here for you! I didn't choose any of this!" Minjoon looked up and said to Mina.

Then he put her bag down and walked away. Mina watched him leaving and she felt something heavy in her chest. She was sorry to him, she didn't mean to hurt him. The whole situation was just too much for her and she wasn't able to handle it. 

"I wish you could at least text me, Mark... I'm so worried." Mina sighed as she grabbed her bag and walked into the dorm.

-------

JB stopped the music and glared at Mark.

"What's wrong with you?" JB asked annoyed.

Mark looked down,  not able to respond him properly. 

"Get your things together! Our comeback is in a week! And you don't even memorise the first steps to our song!" JB scolded him.

"I'm sorry." Mark apologised. 

He was really sincerely sorry but he couldn't help it. His thoughts were always somewhere else. He couldn't help but think of Mina. Mark missed her and he wasn't aloud to see her. It was for her own and for his groups sake. JYP had warned him and he was right. He couldn't ruin the members lives just because he loved a girl. As Mark was thinking about her again he felt someone patting his back. He looked up and saw Jackson. They used to be best friends before Mark and Mina started dating. Since then Jackson wouldn't talk to him if it wasn't necessary. 

"Get yourself together." Jackson squeezed Mark's shoulder and smiled at him.

Mark smiled back. 

"Okay, we'll try this one more time." JB clapped and Mark looked away from Jackson and paid attention to JB.

He decided to work hard for their comeback. The others were already able to dance to the choreography, Mark was the only one lacking. 

"Mark, pay good attention!" JB warned him and Mark nodded.

Then JB pressed play and the music filled the room. Mark was concentrating on the dance moves. After the music finished JB looked at Mark and sighed.

"It's better than before but your moves don't look smooth plus your face looks like if somebody just died on you. Work on them." JB pointed out and Mark nodded. 

"Let's go." JB then said and they all started gathering their stuff from the ground,  leaving to their dorms again.

"I'll come later." Mark said as he watched them.

They all looked at him. Yugyeom was about to say something when Jr. interrupted him.

"You've had enough training today. Let's just go."

"I still want to continue. I'm already lacking, so it's the only thing I can do for you." Mark said.

"Don't be too late." JB said as he walked out of the room.

Mark just nodded. The others left too after JB and finally Mark was left alone. He laid down on the cold floor and closed his eyes. Images of Mina appeared in front of his eyes and he opened them again. He slowly got up and walked to the laptop and pressed play. The music filled the room and Mark started to move along. He corrected some mistakes here and there but he noticed himself that he got better. When he looked up at his phone he saw that it was already three in the morning. Then he saw a few missed calls and a few new messages. The missed calls were from Mina and some of the messages were from Yugyeom, JYP, his parents and the last message was from Mina again. His heart started beating faster as he looked at her name. With shaky hands he opened the message.

From: Mina♡♡♡

Yi-Eun, I'm worried. I called you so many times but you didn't answer my calls. I left the hospital this afternoon and now I'm back in school. Are you doing good? Please at least tell me how you do... I'm really really worried ㅜㅜ I love you♡

Mark got teary eyes as he closed his phone. He wanted to see her so badly. He missed the feeling of holding her in his arms. Mark quickly wiped a few tears away and grabbed his bag as he walked out of the practice room. He decided that it'd be the best now for him if he'd walk a little to sort some thoughts. As he was walking he was happy that he had put his mask on. There were a lot of people on the streets that night. Mark quietly passed them by and soon he reached the school gates that were already closed. He climbed over the big fence and entered the school ground. As he was walking slowly to the dorm he heard steps behind him. He turned around just to find someone standing in the shadows of a big tree. The lights weren't reaching this person so he or she was completely covered in darkness of the night.

"Who are you?" Mark asked the person.

Something about the person didn't seem seem so scary to him. He took a few steps and stopped suddenly when the person walked into the light.

"Yi-Eun..." He heard her whispering softly.

Mark had missed her so much, he felt like crying out loud. But he had to hold himself back. He couldn't just start crying. 

"Mark... I called you so many times... And I wrote you so many messages." Mina approached him.

"Why didn't you answer me?" She asked as she placed her warm hand on his hand.

It felt like his hand started burning where she had touched him. Tears formed in his eyes as he looked at her. Mina also looked into his eyes and saw the tears. Her hands moved up to his cheeks and she cupped them. She also had tears in her eyes as she looked at him. Mark looked down and the tears rolled down from his cheeks. A soft sob escaped his lips.  Mina leaned in and placed a kiss on his forehead.  

"It's okay..." She hugged him and patted his back.

Mark cried into her arms for a while. When he calmed down he looked at her. She had been crying too. Her eyes were red and swollen. Mark pulled her suddenly into a kiss and kissed her deeply and passionately. Mina put her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to herself. Mark deepened the kiss while exploring her lips and again. Mina's heart was beating a hundred times faster. Mark was crying and Mina felt her cheeks getting wet. Then Mark pulled back and held onto her arms. 

"I'm sorry but I just can't do it anymore..." He whispered as his forehead was leaning on her forehead. 

"W-What do you mean...?" Mina didn't understand. 

Mark took a deep breath and looked up at her.

"I'm breaking up, Mina. I'm sorry..." He looked away.

"Why...? I thought you love me..." Mina was lost for words.

"I guess I didn't love you as much..." Mark looked away from her.

"You're lying! You liar!" Mina hit his chest and Mark cupped her little fists. 

"I'm not lying... This was our goodbye kiss... Thanks for letting yourself get played by me." Mark let her go and walked away. 

Mina watched him walking away. When he was out of sight Mina fell on her knees and started crying. Her heart felt as if it was burning. She held onto her chest as she tried to suppress the sobs but she couldn't help it. Mina's tears fell from her cheeks without seeming to stop any time soon.

Mark, who walked around the corner leaving Mina behind, had to hold onto the wall of the dorm. He heard her crying and sobbing and it was tearing him apart. He made her cry and he hated himself because of that. All the things he told her were all lies. He loved her, he still does but he thought that it'd be the best if he would lie to her. It would make it easier for her to forget him - at least that's what he thought. After a while Mark finally headed to the dorm. It was already past 4AM,  almost 5AM. Mark unlocked the door and walked in. s were sleeping deep and sound. Mark tiptoed to his and Jackson's room and threw his tired body on the bed. He tried to sleep but his thoughts always wandered to Mina. What as she doing now? Did she arrive safely at her dorm room? Mark sighed and closed his eyes, trying not to think of anything else. Soon he eventually fell asleep.

The next morning Mina didn't feel like getting up from her bed at all. She had already missed the first two classes. Lyn walked into the dorm and sighed when she saw Mina.  

"Mina, don't you want to come to class today?" Lyn asked her as she sat down onto Mina's bed.

Mina looked at her and shook her head.

"You can't stay in bed all day... You need some fresh air, see some people. This is not the end, Mina." Lyn Mina's arm.

Mina looked at her and sighed. 

"I'm tired, Lyn." Mina turned around.

"Mina... Look, Jinyoung and I also broke up... Their entertainment has forbidden them to see anyone right now. It's not that Mark doesn't love you..." Lyn sighed. 

Mina turned around and looked at her friend. Then she sat up and hugged her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that." She said as she held her best friend tightly in her arms.

"It's okay... After your accident, the media and everyone else focused on GOT7. They made it impossible for them to meet anyone. All they do is just practice, go to school and recordings." Lyn Mina's hair.

Mina shook her head. 

"Mark doesn't love me. He told me that." Mina sighed and Lyn let go of her and looked at her.

"Are you sure Mina?" Lyn sighed and Mina nodded.

Lyn then sighed too. 

"Let's go and attend he last classes and then we can go eat ice cream, what do you think?" Lyn smiled at her.

Mina sighed and got up from the bed.

"I'll be ready in five minutes." She said as she walked to the bathroom. 

A/N: here's a short quick update~ I hope you'll like this chapter :D I'm uploading this from my phone so it's kinda difficult for me but I hope I don't have any mistakes if so then forgive me :D leave me your thoughts as comments~ love you all ♡♡♡